Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
diego-lopez.jpg

Full name: Diego López Rodríguez
Height 1,96m
Nationality: Spain
Position: Goalkeeper

Enrico Passarella of GianlucaDimarzio.com writes that the Italians have made an approach for Lopez. Milan CEO Adriano Galliani and Los Blancos president Florentino Perez are directly discussing the transfer.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
1.96 m? Niceeeee.

vanbasten

Milan Icon
Reaction score
The latest from Di Marzio:

Milan continues to look for ways to improve. Their focus is currently on the goal keeper position, their target is Diego Lopez. The update is that the formula of the potential transfer from Real Madrid is changing, rather than on a loan Lopez would arrive at Milan on the basis of a straight sale, both the player and the Spanish club prefer it this way.

Milan is currently negotiating with Lopez’s agent Manuel Quillon, they are working on bridging the gap between the initial high request on the wages, the deal could be reached on the basis of 2.5 million euro after taxes on a 3 year deal. In the meantime Inzaghi is expected to join Galliani in Forte di Marmi to get an update on potential transfer moves

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dear god please make it become true. Diego Lopez would guarantee us at least 1 point per game more than if we keep Abbiati/Agazzi/Gabriel for the next season.

blaze

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B
sign at all costs

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i don't know much about him, im sure lopez guarantees you a certain level of performance. ill be gutted if we sign him tho because im a perin fan. there are not many players on the market that haven't been gobbled up by juventus who have a realistic chance of being starters for italy in the future. perin should be a milan player for the next 15 years, it would be a kick in the balls to see him go to fiorentina or somewhere.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
He was Real's first goalkeeper last season, no reason to doubt about his abilities

I wish we would go for someone younger, but I'd be very happy if we can actually sign him

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
It would be a great signing! PLEASE G let Agazzi go to Sassuolo too!

The Man

Banned
Reaction score
He was Real's first goalkeeper last season, no reason to doubt about his abilities

I wish we would go for someone younger, but I'd be very happy if we can actually sign him

Most goalies are useless before 30.
32 is no age and he can continue 5 more years without any problems.

Lopez as first keeper and Abbiati as back up would be perfect.

Don't talk about Agazzi and Gabriel. Send them on a 10 year long loan.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
this season milan won't be in the race for 3rd place. more people need to come to terms with this. if fodders are unloaded, the wage bil is reduced, the new manager works out, lots of youngsters get minutes and we qualify for EL it will be a very succesfull season. its always very tricky introducing a new keeper as united found with de gea. this season would be the perfect one to sign perin.

The Man

Banned
Reaction score
this season milan won't be in the race for 3rd place. more people need to come to terms with this. if fodders are unloaded, the wage bil is reduced, the new manager works out, lots of youngsters get minutes and we qualify for EL it will be a very succesfull season. its always very tricky introducing a new keeper as united found with de gea. this season would be the perfect one to sign perin.

Perin is to young. Lopez is much better.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Said it once, will say it again - If this move goes through, Diego Lopez will be our only TRULY, World Class player.

@Milanello
Milan Channel has requested the rights to show footage of Diego Lopez and Pablo Armero (not any other players, as far as I know).

Diego Lopez could decide to accept a 3-year contract worth €2.5m per year with Milan, according to Sky.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Pls talk to RM for Isco... not lopez.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Diego López

Generally I agree with you, but nevertheless Perin would surely be a good investion in the long term as well, it doesn't mean signing Lopez means that we aren't already planing the future. With Lopez, we would be confortably set for at least the next 5-6 years, I have no doubt about that as you can see that very much good GKs have their prime when they are around 35 years old.

This 5-6 years are more than enough time to let Gori grow and mature with calm and outside any pressure (unlike Gabriel is faced with the pressure to be instantly Abbiatis heir although he's very young and inexperienced for a GK). As far as I heard he's said to be very talented and we invested highly (considered he's "only" primavera) to get him. Obviously Milan plans with Gori as future number one, and Lopez could be the perfect solution to bridge the years until Gori is ready to take over.

Fact is, today Lopez > Perin, and as our defence is and probably will be errorprone, a GK like Lopez is a MUST to compete at least for 3rd place I guess.

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Diego López

I don't dare to watch such vids as I would get far too excited and in the end, when the transfer won't come true, I would be soooo deeply disappointed...

... Fuck too late now I've watched the whole thing. Fuck you :g: if you mess this one up!

Last edited:

The Man

Banned
Reaction score
Fact is, today Lopez > Perin, and as our defence is and probably will be errorprone, a GK like Lopez is a MUST to compete at least for 3rd place I guess.
:thumbsup:
This!

This defence needs a highly experienced goalie who can lead them. We need a man, not a boy.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If he arrives... first Milan worthy GK since how many years???

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If he arrives... first Milan worthy GK since how many years???

I suppose since good old Dida days back then in 2003-2005, when he was one of the best (in 2004-2005 maybe even the best!) :)

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I suppose since good old Dida days back then in 2003-2005, when he was one of the best (in 2004-2005 maybe even the best!) :)

Yup... around a decade.

:g:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
dida was good? When?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
csportige.com_Rui-Costa_Materazzi.jpg

since that day

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rather have Rossi, and he was nothing special either. Get Perin.

asd

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think he'll come, we're broke but we have women and berlusconi controls the media