The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Thank you Capitano, that is the sentiment I was trying to convey. You put it beautifully and using Gattuso as an example made it more clear.

Polotelli, you are also believeing what you want to believe. The truth will come out and we'll see what role was offered. I don't see Elliot discarding a legend of the club that they worked so hard to bring here, I think the role offered was a good one and appropriate for his level of experience. But that's just my opinion.

-_aBm1t6xs3nrtRmZB9ljIK47UOYykNmg8U5q04V9qZiRV9QZIeMz6CC2qe2LTGHjo9Ju4s

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Polotelli, you are also believeing what you want to believe. The truth will come out and we'll see what role was offered. I don't see Elliot discarding a legend of the club that they worked so hard to bring here, I think the role offered was a good one and appropriate for his level of experience. But that's just my opinion.

Whatever comes out you?re not making much sense :lol:

but hey you do you!

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
something wrong with Tonali when even mediocre director like Maldini doesn't give a fuck about his pirlo-esque

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just don't know what formation we will use, so I can't judge our priorities. Besides a starting CB, a RB, and a ST, what we need next really hinges on what Rangnick wants to do.

The strategy of what he wants to do is clear and he's been implementing it since the late 90's. The formation doesn't really matter, as whether it's 352, 4222, 4231 (all formations he's used before) the way the team plays and the player profiles are all the same.

We clearly need a RB, a CB and maybe a ST depending on how he sees Leao. The rest should all be squad players and players with big upsides, because we have those positions fairly covered for now.

Last edited:

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What boban did was not milan style as well. You solve your problems internally, and you walk away for the best of the club.
100% agreed.

For all the trash I talked about Galliani; what you just wrote is an important lesson about how a manager da Milan acts and behaves, and Galliani taught that lession perfectly.

There's been many disagreements between him and Berlusconi. Or even more between him and Fininvest. Like the Tevez fiasko caused by not being allowed to sell Pato. Or the Ibra-Thiago-double-sale. And many more I won't go through now. Suma during Italys lockdown on his private YouTube channel told many great insights and stories about things that went on behind closed doors. Galliani, as a classy manager, defended the decisions made by the owners as if they were his own decisions, even when he highly disagreed with them. Because that's what a manager does. He doesn't complain in public when the owner have different ideas than his. And he certainly doesn't go in full rampage mode once the owners have decided to part way with you only for some cheers from the fans.

See the difference between Galliani and Boban?

Galliani, even after he left Milan, never spoke badly about the club, about former collaborateurs (not even Barbara) and about his successors. I have a lot of things to trash him for. But not that he knew how to be a manager da Milan.

Boban didn't knew. Zlatan is playing the Zlatan the god role. I didn't like his outcomings. If it wasn't Zlatan all the fans would be over him. I still would renew him because his leadership and charisma is immense and highly needed. That no-no game against Napoli doesn't change my mind in that regard. However, yeah, I still don't like that some players of ours (Hakan) tend to speak too much in public. That's not what they get payed millions for.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If it's true that Maldini was offered a role to stay and that Ragnick also wants him to stay...but he decides to leave and keep receiving a salary to not "put up a legal fight" I will be really disappointed in Maldini.

That is not captain behavior. He is extremely entitled and arrogant. What experience did he have as a director at the highest level of a club before Milan?

I'm seriously questioning his values and willingness to grow. If in a few months time, Maldini is sipping aperol spritz in Ibiza and collecting a fat paycheck, I will be embarrassed of him.
Nobody really knows what is or was or will be offered. Some days ago I called someone out to not simply go by the medias blues who at that time were talking about a role ? la simple ambassador or mascotte. I wouldn't now do the contrary and go by the other stories of a very important institutional role that would see him becoming somewhat of Gazidis right hand but with no influence on the choice of players.

To me, both directions sound a little bit odd. We'll probably never know what will be offered to him unless he accepts to stay and then will have to make it public.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I'd trade hakan...

szobo looks like a replacement for him tbh. Esp in the freekick department lol

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Massara to Sky:

“We will meet Donnarumma’s agent soon. He is a pillar of the team. Is it a matter of days? Of course yes, we are confident Gigio will stay with us. There is a good feeling. Reinvesting Suso’s redemption money in Szoboszlai? It’s early to say so but the money will be reinvested in the team for sure. We will see how to do it in the best way. Ibra’s future? We will evaluate things together. It also depends on his mood, he helped the team to grow exponentionally. He has given the team quality, the team transformed since his arrival.”

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes.
The formula would be 75% potassium nitrate, 15% carbon, 10% sulfur. Load that shit up into a cannon, stick Hakan inside, point west towards Brescia and shoot.
And I don't even rate Tonali that highly

No joke as I was reading this post I just witnessed Hakan miss a 7 foot pass to a wide open Romagnoli and Romagnoli almost pulled his hamstring trying to get the ball.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
So... since boban is not part of this era, shouldn’t there be consideration to change the thread title?

is this thing on?

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don?t like the way Hakan plays. He plays the ?#10? role like a striker would, looking for his shot and never his teammates. He does a lot of really nice stuff that would be great for a club like Fiorentina, but lacks the class to play at Milan?s level.

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Frederic Massara, interviewed by Sky Sport, answered a question asking if the money collected by Suso will be reinvested on Szoboszlai: "It's early, meanwhile, there was the redemption in the event of qualifying for Sevilla in the Champions League that took place. Surely these resources will be reinvested in the team, we will see how to do it better. Now we must not waste energy, we think of Parma, it is a very difficult obstacle to overcome "

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
I don?t like the way Hakan plays. He plays the ?#10? role like a striker would, looking for his shot and never his teammates. He does a lot of really nice stuff that would be great for a club like Fiorentina, but lacks the class to play at Milan?s level.

Sorry but you have no clue what you're on about mate

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Massara to Sky:

?We will meet Donnarumma?s agent soon. He is a pillar of the team. Is it a matter of days? Of course yes, we are confident Gigio will stay with us. There is a good feeling. Reinvesting Suso?s redemption money in Szoboszlai? It?s early to say so but the money will be reinvested in the team for sure. We will see how to do it in the best way. Ibra?s future? We will evaluate things together. It also depends on his mood, he helped the team to grow exponentionally. He has given the team quality, the team transformed since his arrival.?

Suso's sale confirmed! :proud: :star:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
The newly introduced five susbtitutions rule have been extended to next season.

This is why we should improve the bench.

This is why we should look for better starters and the iffy inconsistent starters that they still believe in can drop to the bench - if thats what you meant then :thumbsup:

noDuarte noKrunic noLaxalt etc etc

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I'd trade hakan...

szobo looks like a replacement for him tbh. Esp in the freekick department lol
Lol, hakan is irreplaceable. Don't trick your mind to think otherwise.

I feel bad for the player we sign to replace hakan.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
We need to convince Jack to stay. If he's willing to put in this level of effort, he's a very useful squad player.

The problem with him in the past that he was one of the main players the team relied on. Because of this, he kept hogging the ball, trying to do too much. Now, when there are many contributors and other good players he can combine with, the burden is relieved and he's not as stressed + we don't rely as much when he's having a bad day.

3 assists + 2 won penalties in 4 not full games

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
We need to convince Jack to stay. If he's willing to put in this level of effort, he's a very useful squad player.

The problem with him in the past that he was one of the main players the team relied on. Because of this, he kept hogging the ball, trying to do too much. Now, when there are many contributors and other good players he can combine with, the burden is relieved and he's not as stressed + we don't rely as much when he's having a bad day.

3 assists + 2 won penalties in 4 not full games

You need to stop being so short-sighted. Take a step back and look at the bigger picture. 20 days until the revolution. Embrace it.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
You need to stop being so short-sighted. Take a step back and look at the bigger picture. 20 days until the revolution. Embrace it.

Will shed a tear for Maldini.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I saw someone on twitter say Singer Jr. wants to see the CB partnership N?Dicka-Nkoulu for those that get it :lol:.

I dont get the nkoulu

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

you know that a revolution is not always a good thing?

Also, I've heard this exact rhetoric when we hired GP. I don't understand this certainty that a guy who choked by the "overwhelming" job at Schalke will become a champion at Milan. This club will eat him alive.

All in all, if he truly gets appointed, I'll back him up. But for now, forza Pioli!

Status
Not open for further replies.