Ronaldinho Thread

So, how about Ronnie at the San Siro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I weep for the youth :cry:

Did you not read my post? I want him to stay! I am not even comparing him to those players. I am criticizing and comparing CHAINS OF LOGICAL REASONING

I thought it is terribly weak argument to say he should stay because he has had a great career and has proven himself. I have heard the same REASONING used about Gattuso

:cool:

sorry if I misunderstood you...

But I don't think anyone wants him here because of what he have done in the past. It's because what he is able to do now, and that's IMO a lot.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
See my other post right above this- I personally want to keep Ronaldinho. I was just offended by your horrific logic

But also to step in on the behalf of Zambrotta.... in his prime I certainly wanted to play like him :D

listen Iam not arugeing that your against Dinho ........my Horrific logic that you speak of is........That if Dinho quit football tomorrow he would still be considered one of the greatest player to play the game..............HE DOESNT NEED TO CONTINUE PLAYING TO PROVE ANYTHING TO ANYONE HE"S DONE IT ALL........so if we Ac milan still get top performances out of him consider yourself as a fan of ac milan blessed.......because he really doesnt have to be here and he really doesnt have to continue playing football his legacy is cemented.............his money is good and his country of origin has beautiful beaches where they play futbol and drink corona.

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
listen Iam not arugeing that your against Dinho ........my Horrific logic that you speak of is........That if Dinho quit football tomorrow he would still be considered one of the greatest player to play the game..............HE DOESNT NEED TO CONTINUE PLAYING TO PROVE ANYTHING TO ANYONE HE"S DONE IT ALL........so if we Ac milan still get top performances out of him consider yourself as a fan of ac milan blessed.......because he really doesnt have to be here and he really doesnt have to continue playing football his legacy is cemented.............his money is good and his country of origin has beautiful beaches where they play futbol and drink corona.

My head hurts

I agree that he will be considered one of the greatest ever, but I do not think his value for remaining in the squad should be based upon past achievements. My point: THAT is the chain of logic that has gotten Milan into this current mess, by clinging to glorious achievements of the past and hanging on to players that can not offer world class football to Milan in the present.

In the specific case of Ronaldinho, he does have more that he can offer to Milan. But it is not because of what he has done in the past, but what he is capable of at the present moment.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
My head hurts

I agree that he will be considered one of the greatest ever, but I do not think his value for remaining in the squad should be based upon past achievements. My point: THAT is the chain of logic that has gotten Milan into this current mess, by clinging to glorious achievements of the past and hanging on to players that can not offer world class football to Milan in the present.

In the specific case of Ronaldinho, he does have more that he can offer to Milan. But it is not because of what he has done in the past, but what he is capable of at the present moment.

well this obvious! but my original point was that he doesnt need to prove anyting to one any in the football world.....his legacy is established.

and as far as MIlan is concerned since this is your area of concern, I think Ronnie has proven enough to the fans without bias to warrent our continued support.......and when thats all said and done...and the groundskeepers turn the sprinklers on he's still doing us good service by selling shirts...so his usefulness is really a redundant issue.......dont you agree?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
and when thats all said and done...and the groundskeepers turn the sprinklers on he's still doing us good service by selling shirts...so his usefulness is really a redundant issue.......dont you agree?

+1

for all of you calling dinho a 'cost'

someone mentioned in the montreal match thread that dinho was the last one to leave the pitch and sign autographs for as many as he could, giving away his shirt and really playing for the crowd.

That is IMO taking responsibility for your club and appreciating your fans.

Even at home in San Siro he seems too be in total symbiosis with the crowd. You could see that especially in the last home game vs jube.

Honestly I didn't know about this side of dinho.

Forza Ronaldinho, one of the greatest ever.

Dinho's peak is comparable to Maradona's peak. Diego said it himself and that's as high as it can possibly get.

And even the out of peak Dinho right now is >> the peak of most of our players.

Haters can hate.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
sorry i like dinho but nobody i say nobody can be compared to maradonas peak,

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
sorry i like dinho but nobody i say nobody can be compared to maradonas peak,

please, don't start that one, because then I would want to talk about a certain R9 also :tongue: dinho and diego are two of the greatest players who ever played the game... let's settle with that.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
please, don't start that one, because then I would want to talk about a certain R9 also :tongue: dinho and diego are two of the greatest players who ever played the game... let's settle with that.

god almighty are you nuts

dinho doesnt even come close to ronaldo cryuff forget about maradona and pele.

i rate cryuff baggio ronaldo :proud: (the legend himself) zidane far ahead of dinho.
anyway you have your opinion and i have my opinion lets settle on something :)

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
god almighty are you nuts

dinho doesnt even come close to ronaldo cryuff forget about maradona and pele.

i rate cryuff baggio ronaldo :proud: (the legend himself) zidane far ahead of dinho.
anyway you have your opinion and i have my opinion lets settle on something :)

what are you talking about, calling me nuts? what did I say?

You said no one can be compared to maradona, and I said don't start that one because there is a R9 to take into consideration.

And if you rate cruyff, baggio, ronaldo and zidane FAR AHEAD of dinho, then I don't know what to say. Of course everyone can have favourites, but don't exaggerate. But I guess the bias thing isn't your strong side. :D

Of course you can have your opinion, even if it is a crazy one :D

ahh, you dragged me into this...

could you be so kind to tell me WHY those players are FAR AHEAD of dinho?

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maradona, Pele, R9 and Zidane's career are far away cos of 1 thing. They won world cups with the lead role while Dinho din't.

Dinho's career is less than the other legends mentioned above. But at his peak (04,05,06) he was untouchable and comparable to any of the players mentioned above. In his peak he could wreck any team and entertain crowds more than any player and is the closest thing to Diego. R9, Baggio, Cryuff, Zidane had better and greater careers but not as high a peak.

Last edited:

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
hmmmm no mention of pele

Pele to be honest is from another era. I am sure no one in this forum has even seen proper video clips of him forget about real games. That's y i did't mention him. And since the experts compare him and Diego u kno he can't be anyway lower than the other legends mentioned here. :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sorry MilanMB we triggered another one :beer:

sit back and enjoy ;)

Fiero

Reaction score
Forza Ronaldinho, one of the greatest ever.

could you be so kind to tell me WHY those players are FAR AHEAD of dinho?

He is one of the most talented ever, but definitely can't be considered in the "best ever" category.

Legends are measured by their achievements on the big stage, mostly at the World Cup, which is the biggest test of all.

Maradona single handedly carried an average Argentina side to the World Cup in 1986. Baggio took an average Italy side to the 1994 World Cup final all by himself, it's a shame his only remembered for that penalty kick miss. Of course, both players had legendary club career, which only adds to the fact that they should be considered among the game's elite.

Ronaldinho on the other hand, failed at the big stage. At the World Cup 2006, when he was arguably the best player in the world, he flopped badly and had a disastrous tournament. He let his nation down, so while he might have had two great seasons at Barcelona, he didn't leave his mark on the international stage, and thus can't qualify to be considered among one of the best ever.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
weird thing is that people say the game is much harder now than it was then but then you get ppl saying stuff like: "they just dont make defenders like they used to" "there aren't great defenders nowadays" etc etc

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
weird thing is that people say the game is much harder now than it was then but then you get ppl saying stuff like: "they just dont make defenders like they used to" "there aren't great defenders nowadays" etc etc

is people a person ??

or this man called people speak for billions of football viewers or millions of the fanatics? :eek:

you love pirlo i hate pirlo i dont what would people say :head: personally game is easier now, but its my opinion, just dont ask why :D

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Maradona, Pele, R9 and Zidane's career are far away cos of 1 thing. They won world cups with the lead role while Dinho din't.

Dinho's career is less than the other legends mentioned above. But at his peak (04,05,06) he was untouchable and comparable to any of the players mentioned above. In his peak he could wreck any team and entertain crowds more than any player and is the closest thing to Diego. R9, Baggio, Cryuff, Zidane had better and greater careers but not as high a peak.

Look I love the players you mentioned, except pele who is as you mentioned from another era, but saying something like that takes away A LOT from what dinho did in the 2002 WC. He maybe didn't have a leading role as R9 stole the show, he he contributed enough and have actually won the world cup...

But we where talking about peaks. And as you say, dinho's peak is comparable to anyone's.

Career wise, it's just a bias thing. Dinho have won enough titles and individual awards IMO.

sorry MilanMB we triggered another one :beer:

sit back and enjoy ;)

lmao yes

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
He is one of the most talented ever, but definitely can't be considered in the "best ever" category.

Legends are measured by their achievements on the big stage, mostly at the World Cup, which is the biggest test of all.

Firstly, YOU measure that way. I don't believe everyone does that.

A lot of coaches and players, recently mourinho, say CL is the biggest test of them all.

Maradona didn't win the CL right? Does that exclude him from 'legend status' in the minds of everyone with the above mentioned opinion? I don't think so.

And besides, the EC is also on par with the WC if not even harder.

WC isn't the ultimate test IMO. You can't say dinho chokes on big occasions.

Look guys, do you really think there are a way to compare players like R9, Zidane, Maradona and Dinho? I don't and I won't.

Dinho will be remembered as one of the greatest ever when he stops playing.

Fiero

Reaction score
Firstly, YOU measure that way. I don't believe everyone does that.

A lot of coaches and players, recently mourinho, say CL is the biggest test of them all.

Maradona didn't win the CL right? Does that exclude him from 'legend status' in the minds of everyone with the above mentioned opinion? I don't think so.

It's not a rule you know. ;) Plus he won two Scudetti with Napoli, one Coppa Italia, one Super Coppa Italia, and one Uefa Cup. This is a club that has continually struggled before he joined and after he left.

And yes, great players leave their mark on the World Cup. That's what separates the legends from the "could have beens".

WC isn't the ultimate test IMO. You can't say dinho chokes on big occasions.

He did nothing in the World Cup when a whole nation was relying on his brilliance. Also, he was non-existent in Barcelona's Champions League victory against Arsenal, which almost cost them the title.

Look guys, do you really think there are a way to compare players like R9, Zidane, Maradona and Dinho? I don't and I won't.

Listing his name among these players is a shame, really.

Dinho will be remembered as one of the greatest ever when he stops playing.

No he'll be remembered as yet another Brazilian who could have been but ruined his career with partying, drinking, and gaining weight. Youtube videos of his Barcelona and PSG tricks will be the only positive thing he left... :proud:

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No he'll be remembered as yet another Brazilian who could have been but ruined his career with partying, drinking, and gaining weight. Youtube videos of his Barcelona and PSG tricks will be the only positive thing he left... :proud:

:head::head::head::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

Poor R10 (R80). Ruined his career with 2 world player of the year and a Ballon D Or.

Won every team trophy there's to win also.

Those who watch R10 at his prime in Barca from 04-06 will always remember him as the most exciting player to play the game since Diego.

Can't get more biased than u here wen u say all people will remember is his tricks ..

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Listing his name among these players is a shame, really.

WIKI

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response. In addition to the offending poster, the noun “troll” can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in that was an excellent troll you posted.

that was an excellent troll you posted... :tongue:

PassandMove10

Primavera
Reaction score
All of you who say he is no way comparable with Maradona, Zidane, Cruyff, Ronaldo

I have one thing your either very biased, just hate just to hate, or your crazy..

Ronaldinho was the best player in the world from 2002-2006

He was one of the main reasons if not the main reason why Brazil won the world cup in 2002..He fuckin won Midfielder of the tourney at 22... He also led them to a Confederations Cup Final.. He wasnt just apart of that World Cup team, he spear headed them...

He led a very untalented Barcelona squad to second place in La Liga in 03-04...When La Liga was very tough with the likes of Valencia, Deportivo, were all tough..

And then 04-06

He also wasnt bad in the 2006 world, he just didnt dominate like he did with Barcelona....

And then 06-07, He again led them to a second place finish, carrying the team when Eto`o and Messi were hurt. Scoring 20 goals and 10 assists..

And he Maradona himself said Ronaldinho is the best player that he had ever seen

Heres proof

Maradona - Ronaldinho is the best
http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?
file=/2006/4/10/sports/13918100&sec=sports

Ronaldinho is star brightest for Brazil
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/-112497--.html

MARADONA: "Ronaldinho is one of the best footballers of all time"
MILAN - "I will never understand the criticism toward Ronaldinho" - Diego Armando Maradona said today - "I always follow Milan's games, and for me there's only Ronaldinho. He's one of the best footballers I've ever seen, and I hope to see him in action in South Africa. But even if that didn't happen, I would continue to consider him one of the best ever."

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=115011

PassandMove10

Primavera
Reaction score
Ronaldinho makes the game so beautiful: Platini

Paris: As far as awards go, Ronaldinho didn’t know which was better ? winning the 50th European Player of the Year award or hearing some of football’s greatest-ever players gushing over his talents.

On Monday at a lavish ceremony near the Champs Elysees, football royalty, including Alfredo di Stefano, Michel Platini and Johann Cruyff, paid tribute to the silky smooth Brazilian who won the award with a whopping 225 points.

Ronaldinho is the third Brazilian to have win it in less than a decade, after Ronaldo’s two victories in 1997 and 2002, and that of Rivaldo in 1999.

But only days after another former winner, Manchester United star George Best, died after a long illness it was perhaps fitting that another player with dazzling individual skills walked off with the prize.

Best and Ronaldinho may be worlds apart on human terms, but when it comes to the game, the Brazilian is looked upon with as much awe as the northern Irishman.

“Ronaldinho just makes the game so beautiful. He makes everyone happy, and his smile when he’s playing says it all,” said France and Juventus legend Platini, one of three three-time winners of the Ballon D’or.

Cruyff, one of the pioneers of the attacking, flowing game in the 1970s which came to be known as ‘total’ football, said the Brazilian had the power to strike fear into any opponent.

“He deserves this Ballon D’or. He animates the game and people love watching him when he's playing,” said the former Ajax and Holland great, another three-time winner along with countryman Marco van Basten.

“Every one of his gestures is potentially dangerous (to opposition teams) and that, obviously, is what the fans want to see.”

For France and Marseille great Jean-Pierre Papin, Ronaldinho’s ‘magic’ comes accompanied with another crucial sporting ingredient.

“Ronaldinho is the last magician. He’s a genius with the ball at his feet,” said the 1991 winner, whose goalscoring feats have forever left their mark on fans in the country.

“But he is also humble. What he enjoys most is playing for himself, and for the fans in the stands. He’s a joy to watch. I would have loved to have had him as a teammate just for his sense of being able to come up with that final pass.”

Platini was of a similar opinion. ”Not only is he individually brilliant, he’s an altruist. He knows how to give a good pass. It’s not just about the dribbling. I’ve seen players who know how to dribble and juggle with the ball, and don’t know how to give a good pass.

“They are only good for the circus. Ronaldinho is great for football.”

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
2 very good posts PassandMove10!

And you guys that think a player needs to lead his team to WC glory to be given 'legend status', you should remember a certain Paolo Maldini. You should edit your posts since you just called Il Capitano a non-legend :tongue:

anyway, that argument is ******** since dinho was very much involved in the WC victory 2002.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
10679-pop_corn.jpg

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Milan: Ronaldinho still the riddle will be goodbye? + Dinho, can sacrifice for ...

Milan: Ronaldinho still the riddle will be goodbye?

04/06/2010 09:20 by Stephen Marvel

daf56325129ccdf1485834d929b8134e-78347-1275635831.jpeg

© photo by Federico Gaetano

As anticipated by MilanNews.it, the last round of U.S. tour of Milan has launched a strong signal. The strange greetings of Ronaldinho to their companions, apparently concealing something now difficult to understand. There was the classic "goodbye" in July, the Brazilian seemed a bit more. The Turin daily Tutto-sport today brings the question Dinho, with the player over the footbridge in America have all welcomed to return immediately to Brazil. Who have decided to return to the sirens English? To come back into vogue the idea of a return of the championship Brasileirao? We had anticipated, everything seems to resemble a farewell Tutto-sport confirms now deny Ronaldinho will stay at all, even if the story starts to resemble more of a puzzle, difficult to interpret, even harder to understand.

+

Dinho, can sacrifice for the red and black boxes

04/06/2010 11:30 Vincenzo Vasta

8b38e429df7a0c3b1934b1bb35d807a0-68155-1275639026.jpeg

© Photo by Alberto Fornasari

The strategy is clear. Must sell to buy first. Milan seems to come in the correct perspective of football clubs are more advanced. Enough with the ongoing purchases without looking at the budget. Galliani yesterday as he repeated: "If someone part, someone else will". Nothing more. Among the many names that crowd the box departures, could also be that of Ronaldinho. As reported by Sportmediaset, on him, is that Manchester City would be prepared to pay a sum close to 20 million euros, whereas the age of the player (30 years) are not few. Milan, very, got rid of a heavy engagement. It 'good to say, however, that among the possible starters, the Rossoneri Gaucho is less likely, as even the CEO Rossoneri confirmed: "I will be big". The fans can sleep nights sleep.

Last edited:

Ali Daei

Kaliris
Reaction score
once again why do they think about selling ronaldinho before our oldies.
I dont understand.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Selling Ronnie for 20mil would be good but then what? Swaping Ronnie with Robinho would be an ok option since Robinho is younger and I think he would do good in Milan.

Option 2: Selling Ronnie and buying Ganso? Hmmm I don't think so. Ronnie can guarantee double digits while it may take Ganso to some time to adjust...so this option is out of the question.

Sell Ronnie and get VDV to play behind Pato and a new striker?Again an option but I don't how effective it would be...

Schedule