Official: Soualiho Meite Thread

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
He lost the ball just seconds before and then Lautaro dived. A bad game allaround from him. Even the assist was more of a fluke and Ibra being Ibra.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
He also assisted Lautaro on his 1 vs 1. He was abysmal.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Doesn't look good thus far, seems nervous and hesitant. But give him time, he's been given too much responsibility in a short time. Thrown right in the fire.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I'll still allow him time to prove himself. I'm sure this careless approach with the ball is manageable under Pioli.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He seem to have some things going for him with the ball on feet, his movement, specially runs upfield and so on. I'm still not sure what he is defensively.

I just hope he gets over those clumsy tackles and lapses with the ball on feet. If that's a feature of his game he will not last here.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Forza Meite!

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Work rate is still atrocious, positioning luckily improved.

Also someone probably had a talk with him and told him that he should cut the clowning a bit.

So far a clear send back.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Let this player time. It must be so hard to play in a team without preparation.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let this player time. It must be so hard to play in a team without preparation.

Agreed, but there is no special preperation you need to move your ass and do some sprints. He?s jogging around, I wonder if he even has to shower.

Passing, positioning and stuff like that are linked to preperation, but work rate not or only to a small degree.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Agreed, but there is no special preperation you need to move your ass and do some sprints. He?s jogging around, I wonder if he even has to shower.

Passing, positioning and stuff like that are linked to preperation, but work rate not or only to a small degree.

How many full days of training he got before he started his debut?

Be realistic. He came from smaller club in the middle of a season.

From Inter game, he looks promising. He lacks of confidence to play his own football.

I am confident that Meite could be significantly better than Krunic and a good alternative in midfield to to his strength and defensive ability. What he needs IMO is only time (game).

A lot of players struggle to give their best in their first matches with their new club. Just look at to our starters. From Kessie, Bennacer and the lattest is Tonali.

The key is patient. I know that in winter mercato you don't have many options for players to buy but I trust our tripple M: Maldini, Moncanda and Massara.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How many full days of training he got before he started his debut?

Be realistic. He came from smaller club in the middle of a season.

From Inter game, he looks promising. He lacks of confidence to play his own football.

I am confident that Meite could be significantly better than Krunic and a good alternative in midfield to to his strength and defensive ability. What he needs IMO is only time (game).

A lot of players struggle to give their best in their first matches with their new club. Just look at to our starters. From Kessie, Bennacer and the lattest is Tonali.

The key is patient. I know that in winter mercato you don't have many options for players to buy but I trust our tripple M: Maldini, Moncanda and Massara.

I?m not against the transfer, it?s worth a try and we got him on loan so no issues.
I also think that he can be better than Krunic as a DM, that doesn?t mean he is good enough though.

I expect him to get better, question is if he can improve enough. Also you can improve in every aspect and also every aspect can suffer from being new at a club. However not all aspects are influenced by that to the same degree, positioning, passing will get better and he is also not bad at that per se. He also cut the clowning a bit, got a professiobal way of keeping his hair duribg the match, that shows me that he is serious and people are working with him tryibg to get him there.

Will he turn from a passenger to a work horse work rate wise? Now that?s extremely doubtful in my mind, but it is a transition you have to ask from him to be worthy of staying. It?s not like he is Pirlo talent wise.

Last edited:

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Clearly he has no talent like Pirlo but IMO he could be useful for us.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Slightly positive trend but really difficult to get into this type of player. He plays passanger stile like a veteran striker only that he is a dm. I‘ve never seen something like that.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He is still adapting to the team. I suppose he will play better in the next games.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was arguably MOTM today, remember he isn’t quite at full fitness yet and he has to learn this system.

Today was a great step forward.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Passing range is excellent. Tackling could improve.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Finally we have 3rd DM, someone you can trust in case of bennacer and kessie absent.

Good job paolo in this one.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Good passing but was given a lot of room, need to see how he fares under pressure versus better teams if he can also do that.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I have a good feeling about him

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Finally we have 3rd DM, someone you can trust in case of bennacer and kessie absent.

Good job paolo in this one.

Not so sure we can say this yet. He's been bad every game besides this last one against Crotone... and Kessie was beasting the entire game and covering for him. He needs some time so I'll reserve full judgement, but so far signs don't look like he's gonna be a good player. If he can at least be reliable and better than Krunic I'm fine with it for the season, then we can actually get a good player in the summer. Best attribute I've seen so far is some of his long passing looked solid.

Last edited:

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not so sure we can say this yet. He's been bad every game besides this last one against Crotone... and Kessie was beasting the entire game and covering for him. He needs some time so I'll reserve full judgement, but so far signs don't look like he's gonna be a good player. If he can at least be reliable and better than Krunic I'm fine with it for the season, then we can actually get a good player in the summer. Best attribute I've seen so far is some of his long passing looked solid.

Thank you. I was surprised on how positive a lot of people were after his performance against the worst team in the league. In many aspects of his game he's average at best.

Krunic though, i doubt he's even Serie A material. So he feels like a small upgrade on him.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Good skills but bad performances in his first games, maybe he's going to pull a Bakayoko.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Liked him in todays set up, especially after Tonali came in and added aggressiveness to the mid. Still a bit passive though. Equalizer ruined his performance in the end

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks like the same player I saw in those few Torino games I watched. Hoped our double pivot system would force a change.

Aerially dominant and good with the ball at his feet, but needs to do everything in slow-motion. Lacks an engine.
Him and an unfit Bennacer were a horrible combo because they can't cover enough ground. Tonali compensated for him, but he shouldn't need to do that.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Imo he’s everywhere but nowhere at the same time. He’s hiding when we’re building up and he’s too far out, and to slow when we lose posession and he needs to press. He’s at the level of Torino, Genoa etc and thats not his fault.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Improved, he is like skilfull kessie, but less defensive and vision.