The MilanLab Thread

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Should we add discussion about other team injuries here? inter doing exemplary work in that department :lol:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
merda fan gtfo

1311620728168.gif

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There used to be a nice graph somewhere showing our injury stats comparing to other clubs in the past years.

Are there any stats for this year? We seemed to have improved massively comparing to previous year.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:thumbsup: but I heard he said 15 injuries/season for 25 player squad. Correct me if I'm wrong
:thumbsup:

Hard to make a difference but 15 sounds more logical than 2 per player.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Biggest improvement this season :thumbsup:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Biggest improvement this season :thumbsup:

Didn't we fire part (all?) of the medical team of last year after all the injuries ... I'm not sure but I think I recall some article that one of our fired physio-s went to Juventus

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't we fire part (all?) of the medical team of last year after all the injuries ... I'm not sure but I think I recall some article that one of our fired physio-s went to Juventus

yeah, there was some changes in the summer

our healthiest season in a long time

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Largely because we brought down the average age of the squad

+1

All the senatores left, most of whom had a mandatory 1-2 injuries per season.

Luckily our youngsters so far are staying injury free.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score

They probably all went to Merda. :lol:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
:proud:

Its not the lab its the bitch ass old players and freak accidents and pato :o

/exception is ronaldo injury where he said he had a problem and ancelotti said its all in his head .. well shit happens

MilanLab is the beacon of sports ..
very disgraceful title change it to
"Futuristic Milan Lab"

idnt change our turf last summer :eek: and less injuries at home

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
UEFA injury study gives crucial data

With UEFA's ongoing injury study in its ninth season, a solid database has been constructed which offers sufficient information for comparisons to be made and trends to be detected. Since its inception, the man who has coordinated the project on behalf of the UEFA Medical Committee is its vice-chairman, Prof. Jan Ekstrand, a vastly experienced campaigner in football medicine with more than 100 caps as Sweden's national team doctor.

"The study has certainly evolved a great deal during the last nine years," he said. "At first, it wasn't always easy to persuade the top clubs to participate because they were unaware of the benefits. Now the situation has turned round and more clubs are keen to join the 23 who are on board. Some of the founder members have been sending detailed information every month over the last nine seasons – and they don't do that just to be nice to UEFA. They have realised they get something positive out of it."

One tangible benefit of the pan-European study, which has logged more than 11,000 injuries, is that clubs are given benchmarks against which they can measure their performance in terms of medical care. As Prof. Ekstrand explained: "The clubs trust us and have total confidence in our approach to all the confidentiality angles. Then we are very meticulous in sending them feedback four times per season. First, each club receives a full statistical appraisal of their own injury situation. That's something they would normally have in their own system. But what the clubs don't have is information about how they perform in relation to other teams in other countries. Our reports break down the statistics into specific areas, such as muscular injuries, ligaments and so on, so that clubs can pinpoint their own strengths and weaknesses, and decide which areas they might need to work on."

The scheme, which initially focused on a group of leading clubs, has gradually been extended to cover the final tournaments of all UEFA competitions for national teams, including futsal and the last two UEFA European Women's Championships. "In the women's game, the injury risk is virtually the same," Prof. Ekstrand noted, "but the reasons for injury can differ. For example, if we look at contact in terms of energy mass and velocity, it is rational that the men's game can produce fractures while the women suffer contusions."

Nine years of data collection have generated interpretations which have been fed as debating points for the Medical Committee and UEFA medical symposia. "One of my personal opinions," Prof. Ekstrand continued, "is that, at elite level, it's not enough to give players a training programme designed to prevent injuries. It's more relevant to look at workloads. So I've grown to believe that it's not necessarily the medical staff who are the most important people when it comes to injury prevention. The clubs who have most consistently kept injury levels low usually stress the importance of close communication with coaching staff, general managers and even boards of directors."

Asked to name a wish for the future, and to review the last nine years, Prof. Ekstrand responded: "We have achieved targets but maybe we could involve more clubs in future. And there is one clear message we would like to convey – people often say the risk of injury is increasing, but nine years of data prove conclusively this is not the case."

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
de sciglio, pazzini, abate, monty, silvestre, el shaarawy, bonera, saponara. Woow

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
We have like 9 players out thanks to injury. Kaka joined them after 70 minutes of the Torino debacle (3 games, 4 points. The Almighty Maxicles at it again!! :max: )

Is this like a curse or hex or something? Every week we have like half the squad injured..and it's been like this for like 4 years or so now..WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?? Is it the training methods, is it the fat, lazy-ass medical staff at ML, or is it a curse by some local Italian witch-whore Berlu gave a Dirty Sanchez sometime ago?

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY? :conf:

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We have like 9 players out thanks to injury. Kaka joined them after 70 minutes of the Torino debacle (3 games, 4 points. The Almighty Maxicles at it again!! :max: )

Is this like a curse or hex or something? Every week we have like half the squad injured..and it's been like this for like 4 years or so now..WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?? Is it the training methods, is it the fat, lazy-ass medical staff at ML, or is it a curse by some local Italian witch-whore Berlu gave a Dirty Sanchez sometime ago?

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY? :conf:

Last year we were actually injury-free pretty much most of the time. Not sure what's happening this year

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Half the squad is suffering a thigh strain. Can't be coincidence anymore. Something is wrong and it must be allegri's training methods or something else involving the medical staff. Anyhow, it's since allegri came to Milan that this horror started.
I don't knie but was the medical staff changed sinds allegri's arrival?

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
^^We thought it was just the old senatores that had the issues..but L30 never had it this bad, Carlo didn't either, Terim before Carlo didn't, and even the guy before..

Then all of a sudden our clueless fucktard coach comes in and the treatment room is now our new locker room. :head:

When you have an 18-year-old Niang getting injured rather often, you know there's a problem somewhere. They said it was because we had an average squad age of 1,258 years..I hear ya.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
We have had countless injury problems over the last few years. I'm not sure why they haven't reviewed it. Something is seriously wrong.

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
So many clueless idiots in here. This started way before Allegri, so drop the agenda and start looking at facts. Ancelotti had it (Favalli-Maldini in the centre of defence, anyone?), Leonardo had it, now Allegri has it.