Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I'm an Allen Iverson fanboy....Was a big Jordan fan (but then again I can't find anyone who didn't like MJ, except the old guys who would spend hours telling you about Isiah Thomas, DR J and Earl Manigault)
Now I support whatever team A.I plays for which happens to be detroit
+ We play basketball EVERY Thursday night...oh and the only Kobe I ever liked is the Steak :o

Good! DEEETROOOOIT BASKETBAALLLL!

Haven't taken the time to dig too much into NBA this season. But I'm sure we had a thread about it. Or play-offs. Doesn't matter.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

7 game series an 8 seed never beat a 1.. no 8 seed has ever beat a 1 in 7 before the warriors buddy.

those links u sent are 5 game series.... league changed first round to 7, 3-5 years ago?

wow lakers, bandwagon....... Dub pride biiaatch. btw if u pay attention, the league has done a good job covering it up, but 6-7 years ago when sacramento kings nearly beat the kobe/shaq lakers.... game 6 there was awful officiating giving lakers the win. since then refs have come out saying league told them to fix it because lakers draw more fans in the finals than sacramento.....

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Followed the timberwolves for some time but timings rly fucked that up and didnt rly follow them much...i check the results tho....happy for Garnett..12 years at the wolves and no trophy. first season at Celtics and he wins the championship! :D

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'm an Allen Iverson fanboy....Was a big Jordan fan (but then again I can't find anyone who didn't like MJ, except the old guys who would spend hours telling you about Isiah Thomas, DR J and Earl Manigault)
Now I support whatever team A.I plays for which happens to be detroit
+ We play basketball EVERY Thursday night...oh and the only Kobe I ever liked is the Steak :o

i love AI. Check out Monta Ellis, hes the warriors future, so quick, similar player was going to explode this year (last year he was pretty damn good... 20 pts a game) but he had a stupid MOPED crash and hasnt played a game yet

i hate jordan, but its a respect hate, recognize hes the best but never rooted for him.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Does anybody feel sorry for the likes of CB34, Karl Malone, Payton, Kemp, Ewing, Reggie Miller etc and does the thought that A.I might enter the ranks of these "superstar losers" keep them awake at night??

Meanwhile Steve Kerr and Robert Hory are like the Lord of the Rings :rolleyes:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
wow lakers, bandwagon....... Dub pride biiaatch. btw if u pay attention, the league has done a good job covering it up, but 6-7 years ago when sacramento kings nearly beat the kobe/shaq lakers.... game 6 there was awful officiating giving lakers the win. since then refs have come out saying league told them to fix it because lakers draw more fans in the finals than sacramento.....

Bandwagon? HA! Ever since I moved here in '94 I've been a fan. Had to suffer fucking losses to god damn Utah Jazz and Houston Cockets.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Does anybody feel sorry for the likes of CB34, Karl Malone, Payton, Kemp, Ewing, Reggie Miller etc and does the thought that A.I might enter the ranks of these "superstar losers" keep them awake at night??

Meanwhile Steve Kerr and Robert Hory are like the Lord of the Rings :rolleyes:

Miami 2006.

What's wrong with Kerr/Horry having so many titles? They each played important parts in their teams' successes.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Basketball in us is different though. Cause of salary cap structure u can't have all stars teams like Milan with kaka ronaldinho and favalli. In us it's 1-2 stars and a mixture of right system players. Horry fisher kerr good players and complimented the superstars well...perfect fits for triangle offense with a super star like Jordan or Kobe.

I was always a fan of the mailman though. Don't ask y.

Ps please tell me u all heard about barkeleys DUI. Funniest thing ever

Gravedigger

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Jovetic, Pato, Maldini, Shevchenko...
no man, u need to come to oakland. Golden State warriors have best fans.... 2 years ago they pulled biggest upset in history knocking top seed out of playoffs in a 7 game series... first time an 8 seed has ever done that. This was 2 days after Dirk Nowitski accepted the MVP Award too... heh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mgxp5djEVQ

watch the crowd... everyone wore the yellow "WE BELIEVE!" shirts...

also in next round a 6-2 baron davis dunks straight in andrei kirilenko (who is 8 inches taller than him) face....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_1ZEk4mds

watch the crowd reaction!

edit: definitely watch 2nd 1... its what my sig is
I am talking about EU basketball.Best fans are from Pionir(Basketball club Partizan).
Partizan vs Armani jeans Milano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w_0k9hDPOc
Hell of Pionir
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Ug0to0ZTY&feature=related
but,in nba I support Phoenix Suns(Amare is the best)
This is reaction http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ONftoI_XA&feature=related

Last edited:

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Been watching basketball since a long time. A big fan of Sacramento Kings. My all time favorite players since I watched NBA are Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, Reggie Miller, Ray Allen.

@Milano84

Is Jason Richardson still at Golden State? His slam dunks are amazing. :eek:

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Been watching basketball since a long time. A big fan of Sacramento Kings. My all time favorite players since I watched NBA are Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, Reggie Miller, Ray Allen.

@Milano84

no :'( after the 2007 playoffs he was traded to charlotte for a high draft pick to pick a power forward (Brandan wright). The logic was w/ so many guards on the team and no big men ,they needed to make a change if they were ever going to advance.

wright is still really young (barely 21) but most warrios fans wish the trade was reversed as i just dont see the ability to be an elite power forward like Amare or chris bosh or dirk.

Speaking of amare, jason richadson is now on pheonix.... jrich, steve nash, shaq and amare in 1 starting lineup! because of jrich and matt barnes (both big time former warriors, i am a closet pheonix sympathizer) but they arent really meshing well so far....shaq is older and slow... rest of players prefer to pla fast paced. Hopefully they figure it by playoffs, but i rally doubt they have any shot to beat the lakers

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
I use to be Toni Kukoc fan, and my lovely team was Chicago Bulls & Air Jordan

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
. A big fan of Sacramento Kings.

HAHAHAHAHA. Got a bit owned tonight didn't they? Will get owned a lot more this season too, eh?

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score

@Milano84

Freakin Toronto drafted and had both those guys on the same team at one point.

Stupid coach did realize what he had in McGrady and didn't let him shine, so he left blew up and became a star in Orlando...while cry baby Carter left for New Jersey because he's an ass.

But Carter always comes back to hand up a heart breaking loss with a 3pointer at the end of the game.:head:

@ Drucurl - Kobe is the freakin MAN & a Milan Fan...so you better watch your mouth when you talk about him.

Gimmie Kobe morning, noon and night baby!!!:D He needs a ring this year to get out of Shaq's shadow. This year is the year.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@ Drucurl - Kobe is the freakin MAN & a Milan Fan...so you better watch your mouth when you talk about him.

Gimmie Kobe morning, noon and night baby!!!:D He needs a ring this year to get out of Shaq's shadow. This year is the year.
What can I say?.....go dress up like a bellboy in a Colorado hotel and try your luck :o

btw....the supposed "next MJ" ( :rolleyes: ) was made A.I.'s BITCH for rookie of the year....A.I also got his MVP despite being on FAR shittier teams

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Look I'm from northern California meaning my hatred of the lakers superceeds any of yours for inter or juve... But Kobe is the best on the planet. I've seen him live and he just gets smarter ecerytime. If he wants to score 100 he will but he doesn't. His days of averaging 50 didn't lead to wins because the rest of the team would sit around and just watch. Like mj he learnt to sit back. Get ur team involved and take over when it's crunch time.

And if anyone tries to argue about last years final realize la lost there center and only true inside presense and majority of team was very young and riding kobes back. As opposed to Boston who had 3 superstars. I hate saying it but barring major injuries lakers got title wrapped up already.

Btw for all the Italians. How terrible is bargnani LOL. The warriors got marco belinelli and he's really coming into his own. He's still young but could become Italian version of ginobili or rudy fernandez

Gravedigger

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Jovetic, Pato, Maldini, Shevchenko...
CSKA-Partizan 63:66
we are in TOP16!!!!!!!!

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini.. Kaka.. Pirlo.. Gattuso.. Ibou.. Zizou.. Collymore etc. haha..
I just saw 50% of Allen Iverson last morning...
poor AI ;)

Last edited:

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Just noticed this thread.

I used to follow basketball a lot back in the day, I was watching tons of Euroleague and NBA games. Ever since moving to London, I haven't really been able to follow the sport so much(it's not big at all here in the UK), therefore I'm just watching the NBA playoffs and the Euroleague Final-4 nowadays.

I was never a fan of a specific NBA team tbh, but my favourite players were Grant Hill(when he was at the Pistons), Scottie Pippen and Sir Charles :D

From European players Toni Kukoc, Dejan Bodiroga and Antoine Rigaudeau.

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
What can I say?.....go dress up like a bellboy in a Colorado hotel and try your luck :o

btw....the supposed "next MJ" ( :rolleyes: ) was made A.I.'s BITCH for rookie of the year....A.I also got his MVP despite being on FAR shittier teams

Say all you want but the only thing that really counts is the rings!!!

Kobe 3 - A.I 0

A.I is amazing but he doesn't have the talent or ability to put the team on his back and lead them to the finals and a Championship like Kobe does, as he too concerned whether or not to show up to "practice."

Yeap, practice...not the game that he sweats and and bleeds 4, just practice. Not the game that he plays like everyones his last....but practice.

About the Colorado thing Kobe was more than stupid, but didn't do anything about 75 to 85 percent of all players do...CHEAT!!!

The only thing with him is that when the girl wanted money and he said no she punked.

My pick is 4 the Lakers to win the whole thing...A.I (IMO) won't get a sniff.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Say all you want but the only thing that really counts is the rings!!!

Kobe 3 - A.I 0

A.I is amazing but he doesn't have the talent or ability to put the team on his back and lead them to the finals and a Championship like Kobe does, as he too concerned whether or not to show up to "practice."

Yeap, practice...not the game that he sweats and and bleeds 4, just practice. Not the game that he plays like everyones his last....but practice.

About the Colorado thing Kobe was more than stupid, but didn't do anything about 75 to 85 percent of all players do...CHEAT!!!

The only thing with him is that when the girl wanted money and he said no she punked.

My pick is 4 the Lakers to win the whole thing...A.I (IMO) won't get a sniff.
Iverson is FAR more talented than Kobe....he simply isn't ass disciplined......when they BOTH hit the league A.I. was simply unstoppable.....his problem is that (much like Messi sometimes) he is a bit too selfish (then again you have to be selfish when you consider the shit he's been working with :rolleyes: ) and he's never had the allstar supporting cast that Kobe always had.

A.I is faster, FAR better dribbler, better penetration, and always comes up with a few steals/game. Kobe is a better shooter but only because his height advantage means that he won't have to rush the shot like A.I does.....shooter for shooter A.I is better. Kobe has more moves...but again his height puts him at a definite advantage for these. With that said Sports Illustrated still voted A.I's crossover as the third best move of all time....behind Olijaouwn's "dream shake" and MJ's turnaround jumpshot.

Kobe's moves are also prettier...he is more graceful and his technique is close to flawless.

I think all in all Kobe IS actually the second comming of MJ but we (basketball fans in general) hate him too much to see. Personally I prefer A.I. because strictly speaking as a player he is better but you are right Kobe is more of a valuable player to his and ANY team. Kobe= hard work+discipline+great skills+ speed. A.I= speed+skills.

Kobe has so many rings for the same reason Scottie Pippen has them. Great players for sure but THE reason they won so much was because of THE real player on the team (Shaq, MJ)

This is silly to say but IF A.I had Kobe's height he would have been a complete demon of a player.....I've never seen a guy barely 6' tall run into a crowded key and dunk over so many :eek:

Last edited:

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Iverson is FAR more talented than Kobe....he simply isn't ass disciplined......when they BOTH hit the league A.I. was simply unstoppable.....his problem is that (much like Messi sometimes) he is a bit too selfish (then again you have to be selfish when you consider the shit he's been working with :rolleyes: ) and he's never had the allstar supporting cast that Kobe always had.

A.I is faster, FAR better dribbler, better penetration, and always comes up with a few steals/game. Kobe is a better shooter but only because his height advantage means that he won't have to rush the shot like A.I does.....shooter for shooter A.I is better. Kobe has more moves...but again his height puts him at a definite advantage for these. With that said Sports Illustrated still voted A.I's crossover as the third best move of all time....behind Olijaouwn's "dream shake" and MJ's turnaround jumpshot.

Kobe's moves are also prettier...he is more graceful and his technique is close to flawless.

I think all in all Kobe IS actually the second comming of MJ but we (basketball fans in general) hate him too much to see. Personally I prefer A.I. because strictly speaking as a player he is better but you are right Kobe is more of a valuable player to his and ANY team. Kobe= hard work+discipline+great skills+ speed. A.I= speed+skills.

Kobe has so many rings for the same reason Scottie Pippen has them. Great players for sure but THE reason they won so much was because of THE real player on the team (Shaq, MJ)

This is silly to say but IF A.I had Kobe's height he would have been a complete demon of a player.....I've never seen a guy barely 6' tall run into a crowded key and dunk over so many :eek:

I agree then they came into the league all the attention was on A.I. But he peaked/didn't improve greatly after his third or fourth year (or whenever it was they lost to the Lakers in the finals) while Kobe was still improving.

A.I might have been selfish...but was as or even more selfish than A.I. That was the rapp on Kobe for years. 81 points (against my Toronto Raptors) was
disgusting but incredibly selfish.

I don't know if A.I is faster in a race...but he is quicker with his movements...ie. his cross overs, shot release, stop and start motion.

If A.I was Kobe's height I guarantee you his game wouldn't be the same could be better, could be worse if he took certain short cuts and didn't work as hard on certain aspects of his game because he was shorter than most.

A.I's cross over is legendary...remember that time he crossed over Jordan and then left him. :eek:

But when it comes to making spectacular in game dunks, lay-ups or just the extra-ordinary play Kobe is second only behind Jordan in my books.

I agree that Kobe needs to win one more ring to get out of Shaq's shadow and not be likened to Pippen. Last year was close...I'm hopeful that this is the year.

They're both great players and I hope A.I can get a ring he deserves one.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

sorry dru, i LOVE AI... but he doesnt touch kobe. Kobe is the best player on the planet because he makes his teammates better. AI doesnt do that. Look at detroit now, swapped billups for him....same team and if anything a better team because young plyers like stuckey, maxiell look really good but the r worse...

kobe is just so smooth. He can score 70 or 20 with 10 assists and 10 rebounds... depending on what the team needs.

AI soots an awful percentage... he's a volume shooter. cant shoot 3s and cant defend like kobe. AI is the epitome of an and1 player.

btw look up monta ellis, baron davis, chris paul for 6-0 guys who take it inside and dunk consistantly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG_jjK65QyE

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
one more thing on kobe.... he got gasol midseason who is 29 but rest of his team is so young... bynum is the next shaq, he just put 42 down the other night.... and is only 21, vujacic is 23, ariza 24, farmar 24 etc etc.... they will win this year and a couple more before kobe retires....

fuck the lakers. but its reality

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
My Raptors just beat New Jersey by 1 yesterday.:D

Third win in a row after a 7 game slide.:rolleyes:

Let go Raptors!:)

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
My Raptors just beat New Jersey by 1 yesterday.:D

Third win in a row after a 7 game slide.:rolleyes:

Let go Raptors!:)
I'm not totally against the Raptors....if tied up and threatened with death/rape I might actually say "go Raptors" :rolleyes: Actually the only NBA game I watched live was Toronto vs Sacramento.....Toronto won of course :o Chris Bosh was on the rise (2006)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
bosh is 1 of the more underrated players in nba... hes often playing center for toranto because no1 can rebound even though hes a more natural power forward. but bargnani is 7-0 and plays like he's 6-0 tall.....

spurs cheatd a victory over my warriors last night.... manu got a fantom foul on last possession to go to line and send it into OT... bullshit

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosh is 1 of the more underrated players in nba...

What do you mean by underrated? :)

I have always thought they have rated him right as at the beginning of the season he was high up in the MVP race on nba.com.