Borriello on loan to Empoli

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
from UEFA.com

Empoli land U21 ace
Monday, 27 January 2003

Empoli FC have signed striker Marco Borriello on loan until the end of the season from AC Milan.

Limited chances
The Italian Under 21 international has played only three matches this season and is having to compete with players like Filippo Inzaghi, Andriy Shevchenko, Rivaldo and Jon Dahl Tomasson for a place in the Rossoneri starting lineup.

Saudati replacement
Empoli were looking for a striker to replace injured Marco Saudati, who broke his leg in November. The 21-year-old Borriello scored ten goals last season in Serie C1 with Treviso FC and has netted three times for Italy in their current UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifying campaign. Newly-promoted Empoli are currently eleventh in Serie A with 22 points from 18 matches.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I certainly hope this was just a loan deal, and i am horrified that we sent him to a side that we will have to play again, albeit in the San Siro. But, I can see Borriello coming back to haunting us here when we encounter Empoli...lets hope he does not.

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I dont see why we cant put a clause disallowing him to play againt Milan. Anyway this should be good for him provided he gets first team football.

Rex

Reaction score
He's Milan asset. If he improves his ability and promises his skillful playing..when he returns to Milan, someday first team will belong to him.

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i think it's great idea. he will get first team football because saudati and di natelia are injured. and he will improve a lot. and milan might on loan the kid for next season.

Shakira

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I heard him this evening on Milan Channel and I could feel he isn't happy at all.
It was obvious he wanted to stay here, but they sent him away....
I hope we won't regret this decision if we'll ever need him.....
I hope he'll come back next july!
I already miss him!

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yeah it's really sad that this has to happen... :mad:
I mean rivaldo should be used in midfield then thats an extra spot! But maybe he plays an attacking role since he hasnt really hit form and an out of form midfield is worse...