Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I think Atlanta also has a ton of cap space for next season if I remember correctly (Atlanta and Dallas have the most I think).

I'd love it if Cuban manages to sign Chris Paul, though to be honest Collison has been playing very very well (obviously not comparing him to CP, Paul's on a different planet), both scoring and creating off the dribble, with Mayo the main beneficiary. OJ has been unconscious in the last two games btw, I think he's close to 69% in threes in the first four games. If they keep at it, both are gonna get paid next year (either from Cuban or from someone else).

But yeah, 3-1 without Dirk is a very encouraging start to the season, other than the fact that the Mavs are getting killed on the glass (this should improve somewhat when Dirk gets back and Kaman's minutes are increased).

I'm not sure atlanta has the 'appeal' to CP3 though. Though they could.

Sucks to say, but CP3 can kinda force his way to any team if he wants. I kinda still expect him to be in LA next year... but prolly not after it.

the popular rumor is everyone in LA expiring in 2014, and CP3 possibly jumping ship to lakers

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
2. Amare has in NO WAY ever been a top 5 pf?

most talented? How so

He's NEVER been better than Garnett or Duncan. Not even close. Those two, imo are 2 greatest PFs of all time. They could score like Malone/Barkley, rebound like them but they they were also excellent passer and more importantly, ELITE defenders (something Malone and Barkley never did, and Amare can't do).

Then you could Dirk, Dirk is has always been a better scorer than Amare, because he creates for himself and more efficiently. Dirk actually rebounds and defends better too.

How about Pau? Pau shits on Amare in every way. Post game, scoring, passing (omg pau is clsoest to webber), shooting, defending, rebounding etc.

Bosh? Much more talented. Bosh in Toronto did a lot more offensively and defensively than Amare.

-

At amare's best he's sitting at 6th, and i'd still take Kevin Love and LMA way ahead of him.

He's always had way too many holes. He does NOT rebound his position. That's a cardinal sin. If you'rre a PF you have to rebound your position, he puts his team at a disadvantage every game.

He can't guard his own shadow.

All he could do was finish elitely, and mostly created by nash. He's a VERY nice scorer, but he'd never be a title player. NEVER. Way too many holes. I mean I just don't see how one can put Amare in top teir. Why do you think he wasn't part of US National team but Bosh was? Amare's got a lot of holes

gotta love selling your subjective opinion as the absolute truth :lol: like hyping up your favorites such as Garnett or Chris Paul (didnt he got his knee busted a while ago as well, yet hes still a great player?)

anyway, first of all Duncan is better than Amare I give you that. But Duncan is a center more than a PF. you keep comparing different classes/categories of players. Garnett used to be better but hes old now and Bosh is not as big a presence in the paint as Amare (offensively!) and Amare's range and variety gives him the upper edge. Doesnt Amare have much better FG percentage than both?

Dirk and Pau, meh, they are European players with different skillset. they are slower and less athletic whcich is a big minus. again apples and oranges. Love is similar.

Id compare Amare to Josh Smith or Zack Randolph in terms of style of play.

stop trying to pass your subjective opinions as knowledge. people understand the game differently and enjoy different aspects. I dont rate rebounding that much for example. yes its important in the big picture but individually I dont care for it much. I enjoy offense more, Im not a coach ffs.

anyway, why is Chris Paul unhappy?? first time I hear this has he gone on the record?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
They all play pf. Though. Just because styles different doesn't change it.

There's no subjectivity to it. All the guys I listed are better than amare. They help you win more. I don't care of pau or bosh play different they are better

And amares game resembles nothing like zbo and jsmoov. Jsmoov is a defensive monster. Zbo is slow and a halfcourt only player. Amare has no halfcourt game

Cp3 had a knee INJURY. He did not have 3 micro fracture surgeries. Such different things. Cp3 had a series of sprains.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
anyway, why is Chris Paul unhappy?? first time I hear this has he gone on the record?

it's been rumored for a while. Doubt anything happens anytime soon

1. Clippers organization sucks (classically known as cheap scumbag team)
2. Not enough talent
3. Bad coach

Unless Blake and DeAndre show some real improvement, I can't see CP3 staying beyond 2014. He's caring that team. Back's gotta be hurting

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
spencer.jpg

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I dont rate rebounding that much for example. yes its important in the big picture but individually I dont care for it much. I enjoy offense more, Im not a coach ffs.

jordan%20laughing%20gif.gif

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
2010–11 season was the only season where Stoudamire was arguably the best PF in the league based on how he was playing that year. 25 ppg 8 rpg 2 blocks on 50% shooting.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
no one in their right mind would say amare 2008-2010 was better than KG though.

Even if he scored more. KG helps you win more.

And it's not like he can't score 25-30 when he feels like it, they just got enough options he doesn't need to.

Same w/ TD

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
2010–11 season was the only season where Stoudamire was arguably the best PF in the league based on how he was playing that year. 25 ppg 8 rpg 2 blocks on 50% shooting.

still 8 rebounds and he was playing center is not positive.

If he was the best you'd have won more games. you were slightly above .500

for ex, i'd say pau's 18.3, 10 rebounds, 3.2 assists, blocks on 52.9% was better all around

dirk goes without saying (his year)

-

That's not to say "AMARE SUCKS" but at his absolute best he was still a 2nd teir player. If Amare coudl rebound, pheonix would have gotten to finals, cause Nash was playing on another level and Marion was quite good in his own right.

BTW i'm not a huge fan of simple rating, but check out amare in 2010/11-
http://www.82games.com/1011/10NYK19.HTM

Offense: Pts per 100 Poss.
on court- 113.4
off court- 108.2
+5.2
Defense: Pts per 100 Poss.
on court- 112.9
off court- 107.1
+5.8

which actually comes out to a net negative when he's on the court -0.6

They were actually slightly better without him cause of defense and rebounding problems.

Compare that to KG-
http://www.82games.com/1011/10BOS14.HTM

Offense: Pts per 100 Poss.
on court- 112.1
off court- 101.8
+10.3
Defense: Pts per 100 Poss.
on court- 98.7
off court- 105.1

That's a +26.4 swing over 100 posessions. He made offense and defensive ALOT better

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
gotta love selling your subjective opinion as the absolute truth :lol: like hyping up your favorites such as Garnett or Chris Paul (didnt he got his knee busted a while ago as well, yet hes still a great player?)

anyway, first of all Duncan is better than Amare I give you that. But Duncan is a center more than a PF. you keep comparing different classes/categories of players. Garnett used to be better but hes old now and Bosh is not as big a presence in the paint as Amare (offensively!) and Amare's range and variety gives him the upper edge. Doesnt Amare have much better FG percentage than both?

Dirk and Pau, meh, they are European players with different skillset. they are slower and less athletic whcich is a big minus. again apples and oranges. Love is similar.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i hope we're not comparing KG and Amare 2008-2010 :lol: :lol:

lets compare KG and Amare 04--05...before amare had 300 knee surgeries and he was still explosive. what was KG doing round this time, i wonder..???

KG_mvp.jpg

ooooppppsssssssssssssssss

:D

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If he was the best you'd have won more games. you were slightly above .500

Considering we were 11th in the league the year before to 6th the year Amare join is a considerable jump. Also, it wasn't like we had a plethora of talent around him only felton was playing at a all star level and then dolan mess up the team chemistry by trading the whole roster for Melo.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I can understand if you like the offensive phase of any game better, that's fine, but how can you not rate rebounding? :lol:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
boston, 2006/2007....24 wins. worst in the league.

2007/2008, kevin comes....championship.

and yes, it was all kevin. ray was a champ, paul pierce was the finals MVP...but it was kevin. and he didnt do it by ppg either. ;)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I can understand if you like the offensive phase of any game better, that's fine, but how can you not rate rebounding? :lol:

thats like saying i love watching goals...but i can't stand passing.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Are we talking about Alexis Amore?

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I never said Amare was better than KG but in 10/11 season you definitely could of made a case. Hell, Amare made second team all NBA that season.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I never said Amare was better than KG but in 10/11 season you definitely could of made a case. Hell, Amare made second team all NBA that season.

Redman no one ever disagrees with you :D

so obviously you are not wrong :p

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I kinda feel bad for kg. he spent so many years on garbage teams in minny

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players

I don't like to box out when I play bball :o let others do the dirty work :D

listen Amare is essentially Griffin with a great midrange jumpshot + FT shooting ability.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I don't like to box out when I play bball :o let others do the dirty work :D

listen Amare is essentially Griffin with a great midrange jumpshot + FT shooting ability.

and blakes an overrated player.

Don't think amare has great midranger though. It's good, but it's a set up shot.

For all my criticism of Kobe's shot selection, a reason he is a quality player is cause he does everything.

Guys like Amare, blake can never be centerpeice (one of your best 3 or so) on a title team because their limitations really hamper your ability.

Kobe/Pau/Bynum/Gasol didn't havet hose limitations.

Lebron/Wade/Bosh don't. etc. etc.

Big men gotta rebound at an acceptable rate. And they have to protect the rim.

-

You just can't max guys w/ limitations like that. Not when you got a salary cap. Bad contracts can kill you. You max guys who don't limit your team.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
haha, busted trying to manipulate facts.

I didnt even bother looking at the numbers. dont care about stats

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
+10.3 to -6.4

16.7 stupid senatore he need to be born as indian :fp: bad arithmetic
no badminton for a week

and rest of the world who got fooled :fp: shame on you

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
+10.3 to -6.4

16.7 stupid senatore he need to be born as indian :fp: bad arithmetic
no badminton for a week

and rest of the world who got fooled :fp: shame on you

lol...

i hit a 2 instead of a 1.... that's a typo

you can double click links, the nubmers are straight forward

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
And the .4? :tongue:.

Come on Senatore, math is your strength.

looking at line above me..... tired of re-writing for peopel to lazy to copy.

cmon it was clickable.

math may be.... typring is not

Schedule