UEFA Champions League 2016-2017

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Congrats allegri.. well done :thumbsup:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Did they even have a proper shot on target?

All this was missing was a Boateng and Muntari goal tbh. :lol:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
at least the bundes bitches are out

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Juventus, and Napoli.

36212101.jpg

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
His arm was literally at his side.

To have it anywhere else would have risked a penalty...

It didn't matter but that was a penalty. Much more clear than the de sciglio one lool

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Ragamuffin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
As bad as Juve is, barca is another level. I think Allegri will avenge Carlo against Real in the final

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
tumblr_nmuph2iaHz1snykemo1_1280.jpg

At this point I'm probably better off just blowing my brains out :)

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Messi Suarez and Near won a treble...IN Their FIRST SEASON. The day Allegri can actually challenge a league and win its trophy (not walk it), win the coppa and win the CL then i'll admit he's better.

Hi there

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Shit, shit, shit... R7 might win another Ballon d'Or.

Messi, you bastard

The-Loko

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi Maldini Sheva Batistuta Riquelme Benedetto Ginobili
Fresh out of the oven
7CA.jpg

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Enrique has won a treble...IN HIS FIRST SEASON. The day Allegri can actually challenge a league and win its trophy (not walk it), win the coppa and win the CL then i'll admit he's better.

wut? :lol:

I HATE :max: and even I can say that this is the WORST reasoning EVER :D

If there were no Messi - arguably the greatest player ever to many -n00bz- Suarez and Neymar would have been sharing those Ballon 'D OR titles with CR7.....THAT'S how fucking stacked Barca's squad is.

Even with hands down the best team in Italy, Jube definitely has an inferior team.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Enrique has won a treble...IN HIS FIRST SEASON. The day Allegri can actually challenge a league and win its trophy (not walk it), win the coppa and win the CL then i'll admit he's better.

His first season of football?

Because if I remember, it was him walking into a stacked Barcelona, where he won the Treble against Allegri in the final, who was also going for a Treble.

So you say Allegri will be better when he huffs and puffs to a league title instead of dominating? Alright. Laughable but alright.

Enrique - nothing is taken into account. For Delish, Enrique might as well have managed APOEL to the treble in his first year while Allegri dominates with Di Stefano's Madrid.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Higuain gets a lot of flak but his hold up play was excellent, he brings a lot to the team even outside the box, keeping possession and spreading play. (Total opposite of Bacca who just falls over and whines.) Juve weren't even on their back foot for the whole game, it wasn't a backs-against-the-wall performance. They were barely in third gear.

Juve will win it this year. I won't lower myself to celebrate every time they score a goal, but they'll have deserved it after such a long time and I'll be happy for Buffon and Lippi's heir Allegri.

Armchair ultras on this forum who think the league's rep doesn't matter forget that Juve winning the CL also makes it easier for Milan to attract players. And hopefully a shift in priorities towards Europe will pause their ruthless cycle in Italy for a while.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
My two cents on the whole Allegri v. Enrique thing.

Allegri is surely a better coach. Tactically the best in the world, better at reading the game and adjusting to whatever the opponent throws at him. Yet on a different level to Mourinho's one-dimensional catenaccio.

It's still early to tell who's better (at least until Enrique's next job), but Enrique is probably a better manager. It's not easy inheriting Messi, Suarez etc but he did that brilliantly and gave the team his own identity.

Enrique seems to be from the give-the-players-freedom Ancelotti school of man-management, whereas Allegri (like Guardiola) is more ideological and has specific systems in mind. I get the feeling that the latter two aren't universally loved by players (see Pep-Zlatan and Allegri's numerous disciplinary issues with players this season).

They're very different, Allegri and Enrique, but it's definitely not about who wins trebles. Allegri dominated Enrique over a two-legged tie, where tactics stand out. In a one-off game, where individual class matters more, Enrique has his number. Right now, Allegri got the better of Enrique and deserves all the praise.

Last edited:

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Barcelona under Enrique were near-peak Barca in the last few years, whereas Juve have been slowly growing (with fewer resources than Barca).

So that should also be looked at when you consider the difficulty of Allegri's opponents in the league (Napoli, Roma) compared to Real and Atletico. And yet despite that Juve end every season with 90+ points.