The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
:lol::lol: this guy...

Romagnoli has things to learn, but not from Thiago Silva.

He needs a long-term partner, not another overpaid "mentor".

Your post doesnt make any sense. Whoever is standing next to roma can be a good mentor for his growth. The fact whether he's overpaid or not is not important here. T Silva still is one of the best central defenders in the world and still has 3 years on the highest level in him. Give me a good reason why he has nothing to learn from him? So curious :lol::fp:. So you want a long-term partner? this is 2019, you really expect players to still be loyal to the club? It happens once in a while but 90% just listens to the money...

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Your post doesnt make any sense. Whoever is standing next to roma can be a good mentor for his growth. The fact whether he's overpaid or not is not important here. T Silva still is one of the best central defenders in the world and still has 3 years on the highest level in him. Give me a good reason why he has nothing to learn from him? So curious :lol::fp:. So you want a long-term partner? this is 2019, you really expect players to still be loyal to the club? It happens once in a while but 90% just listens to the money...

I think he'd be happy to return to the club no doubt and finish his "prime" years here for 2-3 years. If we're offering 5.5m salary that is fine so long as he arrives on a free. Likely means Musacchio is sold since we also have Caldara.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
British equity firm CVC Capital Partners have advanced forward to show their interest in acquiring Milan. However, Elliott’s request was €1 billion which is a very high figure, the thing that pushed the interested fund back [@MilanoFinanza]

Aren't CVC the owners or former owners of Formula 1?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Or that is what they hope to get once we get CL money. I'm not too versed on the subject, but as far as i can tell they aren't in the business of keeping assets too long.

They seem like the 'flip job' kind of firm.

Elliott will be around until the new stadium is built at the minimum. Who knows what the future holds. Maybe they could just keep the club if things go well.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@andrea____182
Leonardo works to acquire 2 wingers or 3 if Suso leaves (so the departure of Suso is envisioned and the wings are the priority).
Everton and Allan Saint-Maximin are the most likely.

I think there will be 3 new wingers minimum. There currently aren't any serious LW in the team so at least 2 are needed there. Then a RW (or two if Suso/Samu are sold)

Last edited:

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
i hope that they will think about midfielders as well :o

good wingers means nothing with bad and noncreative mids.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@andrea____182
Leonardo works to acquire 2 wingers or 3 if Suso leaves (so the departure of Suso is envisioned and the wings are the priority).

I think there will be 3 new wingers minimum. There currently aren't any serious LW in the team so at least 2 are needed there. Then a RW (or two if Suso/Samu are sold)

giphy.gif

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i hope that they will think about midfielders as well :o

good wingers means nothing with bad and noncreative mids.

They'll bring in at least 3 new mids. Just by Mauri, Montolivo, and Bertolacci leaving there is no depth. From the ones that do play I think they'll sell Biglia. Verdict still out on Kessie and what they plan to do with him.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think he'd be happy to return to the club no doubt and finish his "prime" years here for 2-3 years. If we're offering 5.5m salary that is fine so long as he arrives on a free. Likely means Musacchio is sold since we also have Caldara.

The story was Thiago Silva in and Zapata out.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@andrea____182

Everton is the one I really fell in love with the moment I saw his 1st youtube highlights. I would be really excited if this is going to happen.

For the RW I wouldn't mind the return Deulofeu over Alain St. Maxim at all. I think player coming from PL are a saver choice than players coming from the baguette league.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Everton is the one I really fell in love with the moment I saw his 1st youtube highlights. I would be really excited if this is going to happen.

For the RW I wouldn't mind the return Deulofeu over Alain St. Maxim at all. I think player coming from PL are a saver choice than players coming from the baguette league.

I don't think it'll be just 2 wingers. That whole area needs an overhaul. Midfield needs more creative additions as well.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think it'll be just 2 wingers. That whole area needs an overhaul. Midfield needs more creative additions as well.

There can be 2 wingers and Dani Olmo. Olmo can play as winger or playmaker or even left midfield. So Everton, Olmo and another winger (hopefully Nicolas Pepe, with cheaper options being Maximin or Deulofeu).

Then another midfielder who can play as regista and mezzala like Tonali or Sensi. Pellegrini is also available with a 30 mil release clause.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There can be 2 wingers and Dani Olmo. Olmo can play as winger or playmaker or even left midfield. So Everton, Olmo and another winger (hopefully Nicolas Pepe, with cheaper options being Maximin or Deulofeu).

Then another midfielder who can play as regista and mezzala like Tonali or Sensi. Pellegrini is also available with a 30 mil release clause.

For winger there will most likely be a new starting LW and RW. Plus a reserve or two behind those guys depending on who they keep between Suso/Samu/Borini. At the moment probably 3 new wingers.

I would think the only for sure players in the midfield at the moment in Leonardo's eyes for next season are Paqueta and Bakayoko. I think they'll decide between one of Calhanoglu/Bonaventura to back up Paqueta. Biglia will probably get offloaded this summer so they'll need someone to rotate with Bakayoko. Then Kessie's future is currently uncertain as well so you'll either need a new player in his position plus a reserve in that spot or just a reserve. We'll probably see at least 3 new mids this summer.

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The fact whether he's overpaid or not is not important here.

umm, yes it is.
Donna, Bonucci and Higuain did enough damage to the wage structure and contract negotiations with other players.

TS himself had to leave Milan because of horrible wage management.

T Silva still is one of the best central defenders in the world and still has 3 years on the highest level in him.

He is 35 by the beginning of next season...

His performances for PSG this season aren't any better than Alex's in his last season with PSG.

Give me a good reason why he has nothing to learn from him? So curious :lol::fp:.

I already gave you it.
What Thiago has on Romagnoli are mostly athleticism and technique.
He's not some Salvatore Aronica that had to find ways to overcome his physical shortcomings/lack of talent. Playing with Nesta and Alex did him good, but he's still no leader and his decision-making and tendencies only makes sense if you have his ability.

Romagnoli's decision-making, with his physique and skill set, is already very good.
If there's a CB that could teach him a thing or two then it's Chiellini.
A low risk, elegant game is not always the way to go. As Chiellini and Ramos have proved in the last decade.

But I think he needs a steady partner rather than an over-the-hill mentor for 1-2 years.

So you want a long-term partner? this is 2019, you really expect players to still be loyal to the club? It happens once in a while but 90% just listens to the money...

I expect players to do what's best for their careers.

If they find a CB partner that they flourish with, and they're not underpaid, then I expect them to stay.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
umm, yes it is.
Donna, Bonucci and Higuain did enough damage to the wage structure and contract negotiations with other players.

TS himself had to leave Milan because of horrible wage management.

He is 35 by the beginning of next season...

His performances for PSG this season aren't any better than Alex's in his last season with PSG.

I already gave you it.
What Thiago has on Romagnoli are mostly athleticism and technique.
He's not some Salvatore Aronica that had to find ways to overcome his physical shortcomings/lack of talent. Playing with Nesta and Alex did him good, but he's still no leader and his decision-making and tendencies only makes sense if you have his ability.

Romagnoli's decision-making, with his physique and skill set, is already very good.
If there's a CB that could teach him a thing or two then it's Chiellini.
A low risk, elegant game is not always the way to go. As Chiellini and Ramos have proved in the last decade.

But I think he needs a steady partner rather than an over-the-hill mentor for 1-2 years.

I expect players to do what's best for their careers.

If they find a CB partner that they flourish with, and they're not underpaid, then I expect them to stay.

If Thiago Silva arrived he won't be Romagnoli's partner. Caldara-Romagnoli is your starting CB pair. If anything he arrives to be a locker room leader and someone that steps in for certain matches. Like you said at age 35 next season I don't think anyone sees him as a week in and week out starter. Unless they go to a back 3.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thiago Silva coming back would mean he would serve in the same capacity as Reina does--that's how I see Leonardo and Maldini looking at it, at least.

Reina is a very expensive backup, and while he has done very, very well for us, at the same time, the improvement in Donna's game has been very clear to see. Donna's use of his feet has grown so much. It's not perfect, but the growth from the start of the season to now is really clear to see.

I don't know if Thiago Silva can provide that role, but, if you're paying 6m for a young GK, and you are investing that much faith in him, why not ensure that he grows by paying someone a little extra to ensure that you can rely on that player long-term?

The only position I see as the most conducive to just, no tactical thinking and just instinct are attacking positions. Mistakes are you losing the ball, or not getting a goal/assist, but you get more chances to make that up.

Mistakes for midfielders, defenders, or keepers results in goals conceded, which hurt more than missing a shot (most of the time--obvious exceptions) and so that sort of multiple layers of coaching seems critical for our young players in those positions.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I dont get wot 'athleticism' means in this context.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Parma goalkeeper Luigi Sepe on the upcoming game against Milan: "We lost undeservedly in the first match? We hope this time we are the ones who win undeservedly. We must not look at the game and the chances. What's important is to take a shot on goal and win the game".

Why is everyone so hostile toward Milan? Holy shit.

Like.. "undeserved" win we had last game how is that undeserved.. :conf: Maybe talk about Juve's win over us as undeserved.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What's this talk of Thiago Silva? Who, in their right mind, would want him here, especially at the wages he would need?

He's 34. There are many other players that could be brought in for "experience" that are cheaper and younger.

And who gives a fuck if he played for us before, he is now a shadow of what he used to be.

Also, Roma is now 24, he doesn't need mentors any more.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Silva hasnt been right ever since Brasil vs Germany game.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Parma goalkeeper Luigi Sepe on the upcoming game against Milan: "We lost undeservedly in the first match? We hope this time we are the ones who win undeservedly. We must not look at the game and the chances. What's important is to take a shot on goal and win the game".

Like.. "undeserved" win we had last game how is that undeserved.. :conf: Maybe talk about Juve's win over us as undeserved.

Bulletin board material. They'll be lifting his shirt to the curva after the game hopefully. :lol:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Its where we are... everybody talks shit abt us, to our faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule