AC Milan - Serie A 2012/2013 Season

Best CB pairing for 2012-2013?

• Total voters

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I know.

I just don't see why the wouldn't. They play at each stadium... it doesn't make sense to have head-to-head goal difference count and head-to-head goals scored but not apply away goals...

We must disagree again. I makes total sense to me. Away goal rule is to cause tension in cup-ties. In a league it gets lost.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
We must disagree again. I makes total sense to me. Away goal rule is to cause tension in cup-ties. In a league it gets lost.

There are still home and away games. It's harder to score away than it is at home(especially with the ridiculous condition of Italian stadia), and, therefore, for me, it's preferable to have an away-goal rule.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So we will match a relegated Pescara next round, and we can actually lose points against Roma and still keep going for the third place regardless.

Siena face Fiore and Napoli next... So by the last round when we face them they'll be either dead or they'll have killed Fiore/troubled Napoli on the way.

Fiore will face two desperate teams (+ a bonus round in Pescara) - Siena and Palermo fighting for their lives. They can really lose some points there

---

If Inter somehow beat Napoli today we can dream about second place.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
35 games - 3 left
Milan position - 3rd
7 points behind 2nd place Napoli
4 points in front of 4th placed Fiorentina

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/live/_/league/ita.1/italian-serie-a?cc=5739

Rules for classification: 1st points; 2nd head-to-head points; 3rd head-to-head goal difference; 4th goal difference; 5th number of goals scored (applied when two or more teams have played home and away. The goal difference basis will be applied if they still only play either home or away)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Serie_A

Milan - Fiorentina 1-3
Fiorentina - Milan 2-2

I guess the second place is unreachable with only 9 points up for grabs. Chance to book a place in Europe vs Pescara with Udinese trailing us 8 points,

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
i had a dream

Well i've been thinking since the season is almost over and we are nearing the summer transfer window, it wouldn't be so bad to hope that galliani and his scouting crew are sharing the same ideas as me. It kinda has that x-mass essence to it!

Seeing as Mazzari hasn't recently been using Inler very much and with reports that they would be interested in poor ol' Nocerino who simply just does not cut it out to be a player of any real use to Milan, I hope that we can cut out a good deal.

Next we should add someone who can control the tempo of the match. Boateng seems like someone who is looking to wreck havoc on opposing players, but sadly, hes not much use in the technical department and a lot of our attacks are broken up because we don't have a tempo setter, someone like Hamsik (or Fabregas, Hernanes) who 'senses' whether to go for a quick attack with a few men or chose to delay the attack and push up the team to 'camp'. We simply do not have a player who is capable of doing that and as long as we lack that it is going against a style of play Milan has depended on since Berlusconi took over with players like Rijkaard, Gullit, Savicevic, Boban, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Kaka and so on.

I think a player like Boateng would be better used as a man-marker midfielder who would hunt the opposition's main guy (like the guy I described in the above paragraph), and he could join an attack every now and then, but he is not a go to guy, in fact he is the ideal 12th man of the bench.

In defence I like Mexes a lot and he could be accompanied by Ogbonna who I have come to notice is a player with a nice first touch, calmness and good read of the game, playing with Mexes would be a very good partnership I am sure, and I would like a possible upgrade on the LB department with someone with a good crossing ability like Pasquale from Fiorentina (im serious), he would be a cheap budget move.

dream team:

----------Sharawy----Balotelli-----------
---Hamsik------------------Fabregas-----
-----------Montolivo---Inler--------------
--Pasquale----------------------Abate--
----------Ogbonna---Mexes-----------
---------------Consigli-------------------

sub:
- abbiati/ gabriel
- zapata, zacardo, salomon, vergara
- constant, de sciglio
- de jong, muntari, flamini, saponara
- Pazzini, niang,

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Well i've been thinking since the season is almost over and we are nearing the summer transfer window, it wouldn't be so bad to hope that galliani and his scouting crew are sharing the same ideas as me. It kinda has that x-mass essence to it!

Seeing as Mazzari hasn't recently been using Inler very much and with reports that they would be interested in poor ol' Nocerino who simply just does not cut it out to be a player of any real use to Milan, I hope that we can cut out a good deal.

Next we should add someone who can control the tempo of the match. Boateng seems like someone who is looking to wreck havoc on opposing players, but sadly, hes not much use in the technical department and a lot of our attacks are broken up because we don't have a tempo setter, someone like Hamsik (or Fabregas, Hernanes) who 'senses' whether to go for a quick attack with a few men or chose to delay the attack and push up the team to 'camp'. We simply do not have a player who is capable of doing that and as long as we lack that it is going against a style of play Milan has depended on since Berlusconi took over with players like Rijkaard, Gullit, Savicevic, Boban, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Kaka and so on.

I think a player like Boateng would be better used as a man-marker midfielder who would hunt the opposition's main guy (like the guy I described in the above paragraph), and he could join an attack every now and then, but he is not a go to guy, in fact he is the ideal 12th man of the bench.

In defence I like Mexes a lot and he could be accompanied by Ogbonna who I have come to notice is a player with a nice first touch, calmness and good read of the game, playing with Mexes would be a very good partnership I am sure, and I would like a possible upgrade on the LB department with someone with a good crossing ability like Pasquale from Fiorentina (im serious), he would be a cheap budget move.

dream team:

----------Sharawy----Balotelli-----------
---Hamsik------------------Fabregas-----
-----------Montolivo---Inler--------------
--Pasquale----------------------Abate--
----------Ogbonna---Mexes-----------
---------------Consigli-------------------

sub:
- abbiati/ gabriel
- zapata, zacardo, salomon, vergara
- constant, de sciglio
- de jong, muntari, flamini, saponara
- Pazzini, niang,

I think De Sciglio should be in the starting 11.

I'll shave my hair off, if i see both Fabergas and Hamsik in our midfield next season.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
One of the two would be good enough for the time being, although it is unlikely.

If we can offload Nocerino, Robinho, Boateng and invest in Hamsik and Inler it would be a positive sign.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
36 games - 2 left
Milan position - 3rd
7 points behind 2nd place Napoli. Congrats to Napoli for 2nd place Scudetto :star:
4 points in front of 4th placed Fiorentina

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/live/_/league/ita.1/italian-serie-a?cc=5739

Rules for classification: 1st points; 2nd head-to-head points; 3rd head-to-head goal difference; 4th goal difference; 5th number of goals scored (applied when two or more teams have played home and away. The goal difference basis will be applied if they still only play either home or away)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Serie_A

Milan - Fiorentina 1-3
Fiorentina - Milan 2-2

Europa League spot guaranteed.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
BKF_QAPCQAEZ2kt.jpg

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
AC Milan News ‏@Milanello

AC Milan in Serie A 2012-2013: 38 matches: 21 wins, 9 draws and 8 defeats. Goalscore: 67-39. Position: 3rd. #SerieA #ForzaMilan

Balotelli, Pazzini and El Shaarawy scored 43 Serie A goals in 2012-2013 - more than Ibra, Pato and Robinho in 2010-2011 (42 goals).

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Milan will play the 1st leg of the CL qualifiers on August 20th or 21st. Second leg on 27th or 28th. #ForzaMilan #ChampionsLeague

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Milan will play the 1st leg of the CL qualifiers on August 20th or 21st. Second leg on 27th or 28th. #ForzaMilan #ChampionsLeague

does anyone know how this draw works?

And when it will be?

goja

Im back baby
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Nesta, Pippo, Pirlo, De Sciglio
phew, what a season! a rollercoaster season, to use a tired cliché.
to be perfectly honest, it comes down to a mixed bag. on the one hand, all objectives have been reached (although arguably, our objectives kept getting downgraded all along), and as far as a year zero is concerned, good job all round. We all need some perspective: this has been repeated countless times, but our team was gutted this season. take any top team, remove their best defender, and then their best striker (and ultimately, creative force), and see how they do. No team gets out of this unscathed.
Year zero under belt, and an exciting new period is starting. but to be frank, this is the negative side as well. what now? what happens next year? this mercato? in the last few weeks, some things have alarmed me: for one, the coming sacking of allegri, and how tactlessly, shamelessly and unprofessionnally it was handled by the club. hours before the season finale, all the talk was centered on his future. way to fucking inspire the troops!
the problem is that milan's classy approach has no been around for a while, and this is an identity problem we will have next year as well. im uneasy about our ghetto look, bad boy persona, and shit do i miss the days of classy players like maldini, nesta, sheva, and seedorf. now that was an image, which has been eroded now. we are a team of cherokee bad boys. its cool and all, but its not quite the milan we all grew up with.
on a side note, i hope el sharaawy doesn't suffer from krasic syndrome, but from the looks of it, he's par on. which would be a huge shame, the guy is a serious talent, and deserves a free pass (fuck he carried us for half a season)

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
Thanks for the hard work this season, boys :star:

Tidalwave

Shredder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka' #22, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Sheva, Ibra, Balotelli, De Rossi, Montolivo.
year zero has coming to an end :star:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
We should have a new poll.

What`s your take on Milan`s season:

-great.
-mediocre.
-awful.

Schedule