Possible round of 16 match contenders

Reaction score
Qualification came even with a draw, but now looks like Milan will be the 2nd force of the group. Here are the possible 1st places in each of the groups.
Bayern Munich, Inter, MU, Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal, XX, Barca
Subtracting Inter and Barca, there are 6 teams left.
Best draw: 1st place of group G
Mediocre draw: Chelsea, Arsenal
Bad draw: MU, Bayern Munich
Worst draw: Real Madrid
1st place from group G is definitely best, quarter finals here we come. :lol:
Chelsea, Arsenal, depend on how Allergri prepares, about 50% chance entering quarter finals. ;)
MU, Bayern Munich, probably 35% qualification chance, really depend on how the winter transfer market goes. :cry:
Real Madrid: give up immediately. Kiss quarter finals goodbye:fp:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if Man U is that much better than Chelsea. They played awfully against Arsenal, but they've looked very, veeery strong in most games since they got Mata. They'd be favorites against us.

Fiero

Reaction score
At least Barcelona is out of the question.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Milan for me can beat Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal. I'm worried about Madrid and Barca. Bayern is possible, a mediocre Inter beat them last year, I don't see how a Milan that could trash last years Inter and drew 1-1 in the Audi cup to them while not in form at all couldn't grab a result. Napoli managed 1-1 and 3-2, it's defs more possible. If Pato and Ibra are on form, everything is possible. Shame Cassano had to go

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I give this thread 2 kitanos. One for not finding 'AC Milan CL thread' orsth like that under discussions and one for not finding 'CL thread' under football. Maybe a third one is in order for a premature timing as well.

-e- turns out the CL thread was found. So the second not finding kitano turns into double-posting kitano.

Last edited:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Milan for me can beat Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal. I'm worried about Madrid and Barca. Bayern is possible, a mediocre Inter beat them last year, I don't see how a Milan that could trash last years Inter and drew 1-1 in the Audi cup to them while not in form at all couldn't grab a result. Napoli managed 1-1 and 3-2, it's defs more possible. If Pato and Ibra are on form, everything is possible. Shame Cassano had to go

Bayern's problem last year was their mediocre defense, which they fixed this season (Rafinha, Boateng, Neuer). Their attack and midfield is still world class and far superior to ours....

Man Utd come up big whenever they play quality opposition (except Barca) and their athleticism means we would struggle A LOT (like we always do with teams that run a lot).

Heck, even Arsenal have the potential to cause us problems despite their average team. The only one I am not worried about too much is Chelsea...

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
Ash said:
Bayern's problem last year was their mediocre defense, which they fixed this season (Rafinha, Boateng, Neuer). Their attack and midfield is still world class and far superior to ours....

Man Utd come up big whenever they play quality opposition (except Barca) and their athleticism means we would struggle A LOT (like we always do with teams that run a lot).

Heck, even Arsenal have the potential to cause us problems despite their average team. The only one I am not worried about too much is Chelsea...

Bayern is still very shaky at the CB IMO. I think they will concede goals from strong attack, we will talk after City game. With a team like that it's really stupid why they don't bough one great CB to complete the picture.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
or UEFA's fixing. UEFA would certainly love to see A.C. Milan go up against Mourinho's Madrid, just as how Ibrahimovic's Milan was drawn with Guardiola's Barca.

and of course Manchester United will face APOEL/Zenit :thumbsdown:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It will be Bayern Munich. It's predestined. We will win though quite easily.

Permaban me if I'm wrong.:o

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
At least Barcelona is out of the question.

I'd rather play Barca than Madrid.. Barca is a better team imo but the fast-tempo at which Madrid play and their speed on counter attacks makes them the worst type of team to play against, in our case.

luke07

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger
with our luck with group draw (another uefa barca fixing)

i think uefa will fix us for apoel or benfica if they kill manc unt.........

LOL

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
I want a easy game in 16, and medicore in 8, Chelsea/Arsenal/Man Utd in 4, and Bayern Munich in final, and we win on Penalties after 2-2 game.

Perfect.

Fiero

Reaction score
1st place from group G is definitely best, quarter finals here we come. :lol:
Chelsea, Arsenal, depend on how Allergri prepares, about 50% chance entering quarter finals. ;)
MU, Bayern Munich, probably 35% qualification chance, really depend on how the winter transfer market goes. :cry:
Real Madrid: give up immediately. Kiss quarter finals goodbye:fp:

Actually I think Zenit would be not the best of draws (if they finish first), they're very good. I have no clue about APOEL though.

Best draw would definitely be Arsenal, hopefully Ben Affleck would be having his injury spell then. Chelsea would be 50-50 I think.

All the others: Real, Bayern, and United would definetly go into the tie as favorites.

But I don't know why we're having this discussion now. A bit pre-mature, don't you think? Maybe Milan will destroy Barca at San Siro. :o

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Best draw would definitely be Arsenal, hopefully Ben Affleck would be having his injury spell then. Chelsea would be 50-50 I think.

who? :lol:

Fiero

Reaction score

50555_347745355170_7843741_n.jpg

Reaction score
Actually I think Zenit would be not the best of draws (if they finish first), they're very good. I have no clue about APOEL though.

All the others: Real, Bayern, and United would definetly go into the tie as favorites.

But I don't know why we're having this discussion now. A bit pre-mature, don't you think? Maybe Milan will destroy Barca at San Siro. :o

Without Cassano, highly doubt that.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
:lol:

Bayern would destroy Milan. Their gung ho all pace/power/Schweinsteiger style is exactly what Milan can't handle.

My favourite kind of football. Not only are they clinical, they're highly entertaining and so organised this season, Muller and Schweinsteiger the two key components, although Gomez doesn't half work his ass off. Milan should've invested in the future like this. Oh wellllllll...

Fiero

Reaction score
My favourite kind of football. Not only are they clinical, they're highly entertaining and so organised this season, Muller and Schweinsteiger the two key components, although Gomez doesn't half work his ass off. Milan should've invested in the future like this. Oh wellllllll...

I hate that kind of football. They're machines.

But I do know that it is highly effective, and entertaining to some people. I just don't see the fun in watching that.

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
Real Madrid is what i feared the most

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
WTF??? What is this thread about????

Spineless pussies. Thumbsup to all of you "fans".

We will win the group and trash Bayern in the final.

"FANS" :lol:

Last edited:

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
stop praising bayern, they still suck againts tactical teams, i believe this bayern still lose vs inter jose.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
what about ranieri inter? :D