Lucas Paquetá Thread

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
You seem as lost as Paqueta on the pitch.

no reason to go on personal level
i presented my opinion about paq many times in context of leonardo 'great sd'

my point is bona is shit and is getting at least 45 minutes each game
where paq getting much less and you blame him on results of whole team where piatek and suso were garbage and hakan was almost as bad as they (attacking 3 had 7 goals and 3 assists in 19 games?).

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Good job Giampaolo.

He's definitely behaving less like a Brazilian and more like a fat lazy Italian.

Transformation complete.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's what I resort to when your reply is a quote from me as if you're making a great point.

Paqueta: 740 mins. 0 goals, 0 assists, defensive liability.

Bona: 744 mins. 2 goals. Another 135 minutes in Coppa, 1 one more goal. Doesn't create as many counterattack opportunities for the opponents.

Paq would've probably had more than 740 mins if he hadn't asked Pioli not to call him up for the Brescia game.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
but do you watch how bona performs??
did you watch today game for example??

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Had several of good passes but then started fading with rest of the team

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
but do you watch how bona performs??
did you watch today game for example??

Bona leaves a lot to be desired. His selfishness and lack of athleticism bothered me even during his "prime". But he's a better choice for LM than Paqueta.

If anything, Paqueta should be the RM in this formation. He seems more natural playing on that side of the pitch.
However he's no match for Samu.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Paqueta did well on left side last year under Rino. But I agree, now Bona is a better option (although not really a good one).

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Bona leaves a lot to be desired. His selfishness and lack of athleticism bothered me even during his "prime". But he's a better choice for LM than Paqueta.

If anything, Paqueta should be the RM in this formation. He seems more natural playing on that side of the pitch.
However he's no match for Samu.

bona work rate is bad, lacks vision, pass and overall technique
he is not midfielder in that case and im not sure if even footballer after last injury (can he win 1on1 if he goes wide this days?)
only good thing he does in running into the box when players are crossing.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
bona work rate is bad, lacks vision, pass and overall technique
he is not midfielder in that case and im not sure if even footballer after last injury (can he win 1on1 if he goes wide this days?)
only good thing he does in running into the box when players are crossing.

Last season:
Paq - 851 min - 1 G 1 A
Jack - 644 min - 3 G 1 A

This season he's still ahead. Both are shit tho

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Paq needs to be AM or in a 3-man mid, this current formation is awful for his characteristics.

I still think that when we don't have our full starting lineup we should roll with a 3-4-1-2

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Paq will need time to get some clue of how to play football, it will probably take less for Bonaventura to regain form

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Italy turned Paquetá into nothing.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Rangnick can revive Paqueta, rotating with Castillejo at RM, or possibly behind a lone striker if we need to play a 4231. He has the energy and defensive qualities, just needs the confidence. Playing an instant transition style could suit him really well and help him make use of that 'instinct' the Italians kept trying to beat out of him.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
His first 6 months with us were quite good, so I believe he can be useful, but the coach should properly assess what is his most suited position and keep him there. A young player like him needs some consistency in order to develop properly.

Also, someone (Zlatan) needs to slap him wherever he slows the play with his trademark move (hold and protect the ball).

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
BPFRWMx.gif

gPcXnoq.gif

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He received a lot of praise for his performance, but it was very similar to his previous starts when Pioli took over from Giampaolo.
Lots of dribbling, single most influential Milan player in our attack, lots of attempts......zero goals, zero assists.

10 attempts against SPAL.
33 attempts in 947 mins this season in Serie A.
0 goals.

It's bad enough to have one attacker-midfielder that needs 50 attempts to score once(Hakan). But two?
Add to that no CB or midfielder or striker that are good at scoring from headers. And shitty set-piece takers.
No wonder even Verona and Parma have scored more than us.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
He received a lot of praise for his performance, but it was very similar to his previous starts when Pioli took over from Giampaolo.
Lots of dribbling, single most influential Milan player in our attack, lots of attempts......zero goals, zero assists.

10 attempts against SPAL.
33 attempts in 947 mins this season in Serie A.
0 goals.

It's bad enough to have one attacker-midfielder that needs 50 attempts to score once(Hakan). But two?
Im not convinced he’s an attacking midfielder. An attacking mid for me is generally a quick thinker, has great vision, and/or has an eye for goal or at least a threat. Paqy is purely instinctive, the opposite of cerebral. So the more time he has to think about what to do next the better the chance he?ll make the wrong choice. Conversely, where he shines is in those quick moments of genius: a sombrero, a panna, a backheel that fools two opponents. Soley in terms of role he reminds me of Ginny Winjaldum or Blaise Matuidi, but Brazilian. Lots of running, not shy to tackle, strong in possession, arrives in the box unexpectedly... I think he has the potential to be a world class box-to-box mezzala. His best games are when he?s playing on the counter and he?s not the player responsible for creating chances. He isn?t a #10 for sure, but he?s not only a central midfidler either... he?s something like an 8.5.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Im not convinced he’s an attacking midfielder. An attacking mid for me is generally a quick thinker, has great vision, and/or has an eye for goal or at least a threat. Paqy is purely instinctive, the opposite of cerebral. So the more time he has to think about what to do next the better the chance he?ll make the wrong choice. Conversely, where he shines is in those quick moments of genius: a sombrero, a panna, a backheel that fools two opponents. Soley in terms of role he reminds me of Ginny Winjaldum or Blaise Matuidi, but Brazilian. Lots of running, not shy to tackle, strong in possession, arrives in the box unexpectedly... I think he has the potential to be a world class box-to-box mezzala. His best games are when he?s playing on the counter and he?s not the player responsible for creating chances. He isn?t a #10 for sure, but he?s not only a central midfidler either... he?s something like an 8.5.

I don't think he has convinced in any role on this level.
Wijnaldum and Matuidi play at a very high tempo, which is fundamental for B2B midfielders these days. More running, less dwelling on the ball. His technique is superior, but it seems to be almost a curse because imo he's trying an overambitious game which is hard to sustain mentally and physically. It has also not translated into goals or assists or a better defensive job than from a conventional B2B mid.

I'm fine with his tendencies if he just...starts...scoring.

The thing is, his shooting technique seems fine. He's also getting most of his attempts on target, or blocked. He's not making embarrassing attempts like Bennacer.
He's also been a bit unlucky, because some of them were prevented by great saves from the keeper. I think it's mostly his decision-making letting him down even in this aspect.
He's going for spectacular volleys or slow finesse shots with his weaker foot, when he should just blast it in or maybe go for a pass instead.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
I hope Paqueta to stay. He is waaay more player than Szobozlai for example.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Based on what?

Based on the location of the posted who said Paqueta is better. :D

He has huge upside but whether he can reach that potential is something else.

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Looks lost and without confidence.

Really depressing stuff. At this rate we'll be lucky to get 20m for him.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
With his performance I'm starting to believe that he was 'injured' due to being sad a while back