The Non-Milan Transfer Market

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
This is a restart of the transfer market topic through the summer for all the rest of the teams in the world.

You should post transfers here, talk about what you think a particular team should do, or comment on what you think about a recent transfer or signing. If you do post an article or any news at all - post your sources. :D

David Seaman from Arsenal to Manchester City (Free Transfer);
Michael Tarnat from Bayern Munich to Manchester City (Free Transfer);
Steve Finnan from Fulham to Liverpool (3.5 Million Pounds);
Cafu from Roma to Milan (Free Transefer);
Sean Dundee from Stuttgart to Austria Vienna(Free Transfer);
Niko Kovac from Bayern Munich to Herta Berlin (undisclosed fee);
Stevey Howie from Manchester City to Leicester (Free Transfer)

I'd like to dedicate this thread to The Swan of Utrecht, who I know is always so fond of the summer transfer rumors. :devil2:

Last edited:

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Does Seamans move open up the 1'st goalie spot for Swedish/Egyptian Rami Shaaban? or will they get Rustu Recber??

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
Ozmosis said:
Does Seamans move open up the 1'st goalie spot for Swedish/Egyptian Rami Shaaban? or will they get Rustu Recber??

As far as I know there are several goalies linked with Arsenal. The three hottest favourites AT THE MOMENT should be Recber (Fenebache), Canizares (Valencia) and Sørensen (Sunderland).

They actually almost bought the brazilian World Cup keeper Marcos a few month ago but the deal fell through at the last moment for some reason.

Most people expect them to bring in a new number 1.

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
don't forget Paul Robinson (Leeds United) ;)

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
is it just me or arses are just blind? why are they looking for a new GK when they have one of the best young keepers in the counry - stewart taylor. he was a great sub for seaman and proved very reliable in the big games

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Agree w/ scharatz that Taylor did a fine job filling in, but don't know if we'll hold down the spot. Arsenal might be looking for someone a little more high profile.

I though Rustu was supposed to go to Barcelona?

Soccerage.com transfer rumors for the week. Not to start with the rumors, but most of these I have heard much talk about so I'll post it:

06/13/2003. Rumour Mill: Beckham-Free Zone

The rumour mill is a new feature on site, where the soccer super sleuths from Soccerage attempt to separate fact from fiction in the murky world of transfer gossip. This summer we intend slip into the underground transfer maze to root out the reality and bring red herrings to justice. In this issue, we investigate:

Beckham-less news

With the rumour world being smothered by one story, Soccerage would like to remind frustrated fans that we have not forgotten about the rest. So here are some luscious rumours, with not a hint of the 'B' word.

Tore Andre Flo to Spain: Sunderland fans, hold fire with your Norwegian themed parties, the beanpole may not be heading out in the near future. Although, the link with Real Betis is totally real, the Spanish club are simply 'monitoring' the situation. Scouts from Spain have supposedly been watching the Flo, the Mackem flop, in international action but no tangible offer has been put to the relegated side. Needless to say, Sunderland are more likely to be reinstated to the Premier League on the grounds of being too big a loss to the Premiership, than recouping the £7 million they splashed out on him.
Soccerage conclusion: 7/10 – Not beyond realms of possibility

Paul Robinson to Arsenal: Allow me to let you into a big secret. It is said, by some insiders, that Arsenal need a goalkeeper. Leeds' youngster, Paul Robinson, is the latest glove-wearer to have been linked with the Gunners. Although, Leeds are trying to put on a brave face, everyone of their players, bar Alan Smith, has an eject button installed in his vicinity. A £10 million bid is reported but I doubt the merits of this rumour. Arsenal, don't have a lot of cash and will certainly not be bidding over £5 million for a goalkeeper.
Soccerage conclusion: 4/10 - Unlikely

David Dunn to Birmingham: Dunn's Blackburn career, following a promising start, has imploded. Whatever the reasons, putting on weight, playboy lifestyle, recurring injuries…etc; Souness wants Dunn out. The club are looking for an up front payment of £5 million and at the moment Birmingham fall short of that. The clubs are in talks and I expect an agreement to be reached in the next week.
Soccerage conclusion: It's gonna happen, folks

Boris Zivkovic to Portsmouth: Harry Redknapp is keen to bring the Croatian to Pompey on a free. A right back with experience playing for Bayer Leverkusen in Germany. The stumbling block that faces the newly promoted side and getting their man, is wages. Portsmouth's European scouts have been busy, the club are also chasing Serbian international defender, Stefanovic but haggling is still taking place over the transfer fee. If there's anyone who's going to win a haggling contest, it's old Harry.
Soccerage conclusion: Still work to do for Pompey

Juan-Pablo Angel to Real Betis: The expensive Colombian is desperate to make the move to Spain, In fact, Angel, was desperate to leave Villa Park, seemingly the minute he got there, which has been evident in his displays. Angel's first season with Villa was useful but having been overcome by 'I play for an ambitious-less club' syndrome, the forward is set to leave.
Soccerage conclusion: Money in the coffers will please Doug.

Capucho to Rangers: Capucho won't have difficulty getting the support of the Gers followers, having ensured that Celtic remained without a trophy in the last season. Capucho was part of the Porto team that ousted Celtic in UEFA cup final. Now, the Portuguese international striker has stated his ambition to play in Scotland with Rangers. No doubt it was the prospect of swapping Portugal for the sunny climes of Scotland, that made up his mind; with the expected wage increase coming in, in a distant second.
Soccerage conclusion: Rangers are in talks.

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Nuno Capucho to Rangerks is to be made official on monday. Porto will receive a whopping 1.1 million euros. (source: ASF)

Don't know if this is actually newsworthy but anyway: Mikael Forssell going back to Chelsea after his loan spell with Borussia Moenchengladbach (source: Reuters)

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Little strange that Rangers want to buy a 31-year old striker :conf:

one from the books:

Mancini from ? to AS Roma :tongue:

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What would be the transfer market without a Spurs rumour?

The Dutch player of Alavés, Jordi Cruyff, has been linked to English Premier League team Tottenham Hotspurs. The team from the Spanish city of Alava will be playing in the Segunda Division next year.

Because of this, the financial situation has gone down so much that the Spaniards are forced to sell certain players, Cruyff being one of them. In 2001 he was part of the Alavés team that reached the final of the UEFA cup against Liverpool (lost 4-5 after extra time).

Cruyff, son of legend Johan Cruyff, has played in England before. From 1996 to 2000 he was under contract with Manchester United but only got to play 34 matches. - source: soccerway

:head: Their gain, Milan's loss... :cry: :rolleyes:

Serie A side Perugia will have Libyan royalty in their ranks next season after Muammar Gaddafi's son, Al-Saadi Gaddafi, put pen-to-paper on a professional contract.

"This is a historic moment," proclaimed Perugia's eccentric president Luciano Gaucci. "For the son of a Head of State to play club football in another country means he is a very brave man."

The signing will be regarded with considerable cynicsm in some circles as Gaddafi Jr has done little to suggest that he is of Serie A calibre. The 30-year-old midfielder did earn a call-up for the national team while playing for Libyan side Al Ahdi. His appearances were shrouded by controversy, however, especially after Franco Scoglio quit as coach claiming there was pressure to play Al-Saadi, whom he described as "lacking talent". - source: soccerage

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Matthew Holland from Ipswich Town to Charlton Athletic (£750,000) &
Reçber Rüstü from Fenerbahçe to Barcelona (Free)

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Matthew Holland from Ipswich Town to Portsmouth (£750,000-correction);
Nuno Capucho from Porto to Glasgow Rangers (£670,000)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
....... and if the figures stated are correct, Becks was not a bargain but a steal!!! :rolleyes:

F^ck!!! :mad:

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well, for probably (but very likely) the most overhyped and overrated player in the world, I'd choice the words: Real getting totally screwed...

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
According to www.soccerage.com about Beckham deal:

06/17/2003. Sir Alex Ferguson has thanked David Beckham for his contribution to Manchester United following confirmation that United had agreed to sell the England captain to Real Madrid.

United have arranged a deal worth 35 million Euros (£24.5 million) for the England skipper, who will join Real in July subject to a medical.

"I would like to wish him and his family every success in the future, and thank him for his service to the club," said Ferguson.

"I've known David since he was 11 years of age, and it's been a pleasure to see him grow and develop into the player he has become.

"David has been an integral part of all the successes that Manchester United have achieved in the last decade."

United's chief executive, Peter Kenyon, said: "While we are sad to see David go after so many great years at Old Trafford, we believe this is a good deal for the club, and we now look forward to building on the success of last season's championship title.

"We have worked closely with David's advisors throughout the past few weeks and thank them for their co-operation.

"We wish David all the best in his new career in Spain and thank him for his fantastic contribution to the team's achievements in the last decade."

Its sure almost for Beckham now!
I never wanted him here anyway!
Figo may move to Inter as Ronaldo replacement + some cash-
Whats up for the words of Galianai "A Big Player to join"
Whom he will now be?

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
milan_my_love said:
Figo may move to Inter as Ronaldo replacement + some cash
:conf: SA said that??

milan_my_love said:
How about: he never said those words...

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
boy, he really is the celebrity of the transfer isn't he?...
im getting tired of this whole beckham thing, hopefully the whole saga will end asap with that news (from soccerage about ferguson thanking beckham)...
as for milan transfer, im not quite sure that we will be doing any important signing (after cafu, which im not sure that he was so important considering his age :head: )
i bet that's it for milan's transfer, but if there will be another one, it might only be a swap deal...
btw, how about kaka's thing? u know, the player from brazil, i thought we were really chasing him... but suddenly galliani stopped being a "transfer guru".. :conf:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
David said:
Nuno Capucho that cheap?! :eek:

I know it's a bargin, at the reat European prices are going the MLS might even be able to afford someone. :)

Rangers Complete Capucho Signing

Glasgow Rangers have signed the Portugal striker Nuno Capucho from Porto on a two-year deal.

Capucho, 31, flew into Glasgow last night for discussions with Rangers officials, and after lengthy negotiations has now become manager Alex McLeish's first signing of the summer.

It is understood that Scottish treble winners Rangers have agreed a fee of £670,000 with the Uefa Cup winners to obtain Capucho's services.

Capucho said on Tuesday: "I have already signed a two-year contract for Glasgow Rangers and I am now doing the medical tests.

"I have spoken to the Rangers representatives and they told me to play good football and have pleasure representing Rangers."

from soccerage.com

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
mtfco said:
but suddenly galliani stopped being a "transfer guru".. :conf:

I think he's just playing the media.. him and Berlusconi are probably in their basement right now planning a major swoop (Totti etc.) ;)

I remember the Nesta "scandal" of the last transfer campaign.. reading acmilan.com - it constantly kept stating "Nesta is out of reach" or "Nesta is too expensive" or "Nesta deal unlikely" etc.... But then out of nowhere "Nesta is a Milan player" comes up.. the same could happen this year (hopefully) - although i dont think the player will be Totti, but im hopeful..

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
juninho-paulista said:
... But then out of nowhere "Nesta is a Milan player" comes up.. the same could happen this year (hopefully) - although i dont think the player will be Totti, but im hopeful..

Well..... The player better BE Totti!!!!! I dont want another one with an expired shelf life (read: 30+).... :rolleyes:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
mad4milan said:
Well, for probably (but very likely) the most overhyped and overrated player in the world, I'd choice the words: Real getting totally screwed...

Too bad this overrated and overhyped player has skills that ALL players at AC Milan are lacking. He would have made a difference. Too bad some are too blind to see...

And I repeat: Madrid made a bargain. :D

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
mad4milan said:
milan_my_love said:
Figo may move to Inter as Ronaldo replacement + some cash
:conf: SA said that??

milan_my_love said:

He stated alright.Words were different but meant the same thing.About Figo: also suspected by soccerage.com-Its may be a passibility-As far as i m concerned i think Figo and Beckhs will play togrther and Beckhs getting the central Mid field role.Wait n see!

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Too bad this overrated and overhyped player has skills that ALL players at AC Milan are lacking. He would have made a difference. Too bad some are too blind to see...

Then why don't you show us the path, tell us about his skills? :)

Except crossing and set pieces, I can't find any other skills in Beckham. And paying more than $ 25 mil. just for that is pathetic, really. Plus, in Serie A he'll be blocked so quick he won't be able to cross much, but he'll do fine in Primera.

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
mad4milan said:
milan_my_love said:

How about: Amnesia ???
How about: you should stop believing everything you read???

I do remember reading that alledged "quote" but I don't take stuff written on unreliable gossip sites who fall so easily to April Fool's jokes seriously...let alone believe them...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
David said:
Then why don't you show us the path, tell us about his skills? :)

Except crossing and set pieces, I can't find any other skills in Beckham. And paying more than $ 25 mil. just for that is pathetic, really. Plus, in Serie A he'll be blocked so quick he won't be able to cross much, but he'll do fine in Primera.

There you go !!!! Found the path all by yourself. Smart boy! ;) :D :tongue:

Needless to say, a cross or a freekick or a decent corner at the right time could be well worth more.... MUCH more.... than 25 million. As for the superiority of Italian defense, well, thats another sweeping generalization. As far as I remember Man United did extremely well against the superior defense of Juve...

Well.... Opinions differ and mine is that he wouldnt have gone under in Serie A. Unfortunately we'll never find out now who of us is right... ;)

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Fabrizio Miccoli from: Perugia to: Juventus