Mattia Destro Thread

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
time to make thread for him.

first time i see him (italy vs england) he's definitely the real deal. kind remind me of bobo vieri.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Its nice having more and more players from milan be italian. Spains national team is mostly barca, italys national team should be mostly milan (hopefully in the future)

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Milan, resounding: everything is already done for Destro!

MILAN - will Mattia Destro next purchase of Milan . To drop the bomb that Panorama.it recently reported the following rumor: "The Rossoneri boss has admitted that Milan are dealing with three young players, one of which is Italian - reads on the popular site - We reveal his name once and for all: it's Mattia Destro, Roma striker that is closer to the Rossoneri. The former tip of Siena is closed in the capital by Osvaldo and Milan, not satisfied with the performance of Pazzini, is negotiating with the Giallorossi for a loan with the obligation of redemption of co-ownership in June. In the next few days could get the white smoke also seen the good relations between the two clubs. "

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Destro has potential to be a complete forward so im all for this move. His movement is excellent, he has good technique and more then capable of creating chances for himslef.

Thoe theres one problem..........his finishing, so far,..........really sucks. But if sharawwi uped his geym in that department then i see no reason why destro cant.

If milan cant afford anything else then rejects then they might as well be young rejects who can still make a name for themselves.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
is he actually good?

He seems okay, but nothing special......

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Hope this deal never makes it.

fail-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2606.gif

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
tumblr_melqom5la11rl0zk3o1_250.gif

sign him pls! :star:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Destro refuses to rule out AC Milan move
The young striker has hinted at a transfer to the Rossoneri in the future, while also revealing Roma's ambition to qualify for the Champions League

Roma attacker Mattia Destro has refused to rule out a move to AC Milan in the future, but has made it clear that he expects to remain at his current club.

Rossoneri boss Silvio Berlusconi recently voiced his admiration for the young striker, and the 21-year-old feels flattered that he is held in high esteem at San Siro.

"I enjoyed his comments and I felt honoured. Could I join Milan? Never say never... I see myself playing for Roma next season, though," the Italy international told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Destro then went on to discuss the Giallorossi's ambitions in Serie A this season, and also took the time to praise club skipper Francesco Totti.

"I believe that we can still reach a Champions League spot. We have to make sure that we always give everything.

"Totti is one of the best players I have ever played with. I believe that he can still play at the highest level for two to three more years."

Destro has netted seven goals in 19 appearances for Roma this term.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...698916/destro-fails-to-rule-out-ac-milan-move

No thanks, his record speaks for itself.If you take into consideration Roma's kamizake attacking tactics, it speaks even more of how mediocre he is.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Out for 2 months with a knee surgery :(

Such a shame, just when he started playing so well.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
No thanks, his record speaks for itself.If you take into consideration Roma's kamizake attacking tactics, it speaks even more of how mediocre he is.

+ a fucked up knee

:thumbsdown:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bump

Milan officially begun talks with Roma today after Porto said Jackson is ''incedibile''

Roma will want at least 25m, seeing as Chelsea and Spurs want him (confirmed by the agent) and Wolfsburg made a 30m bid earlier (rejected by the player).

He just proved what a talent he is last year, a true fox and a goal scorer - 13 goals in 14 games coming from a knee injury. A goal every 95 mins.

2593.jpg

Hes an amazing goalscorer, he is a real for, great movement and so on, hes also got a decent technique but he wont be the player to beat 3 man or set up his team mates often.

I'd say hes the 2nd best option after Martinez but a fair price would be 18-20m, not 25m

Destro's will could be our weapon here - he wants to stay in Italy and it seems that Roma dont see him as unselable.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Can't believe people are bagging this guy. Morons!

kujta

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
No money for him,we only can buy luca toni or adriano.this is milan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
If he cant beat players, as in go past them, destro should be worth around 12-15 mil at best.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If he cant beat players, as in go past them, destro should be worth around 12-15 mil at best.

That is a pretty stupid thing to say. Destro is not a player thats expected to dribble past players or create chances, its not his role... I'd say 17-20m would be OK deal, but the reported 25m Roma want is a no-no for me.

He does have a few tricks up his sleeve. He reminds me off Pippo with his movement and that fox instinct, but with a much better technique and touch, as well as workrate. However, finishing wise he is not close, yet.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
That is a pretty stupid thing to say. Destro is not a player thats expected to dribble past players or create chances, its not his role... I'd say 17-20m would be OK deal, but the reported 25m Roma want is a no-no for me.

He does have a few tricks up his sleeve. He reminds me off Pippo with his movement and that fox instinct, but with a much better technique and touch, as well as workrate. However, finishing wise he is not close, yet.

oh ok. But with our team, will he really get enough service to demonstrate his finishing prowess? I dont think so, we need a complete player who must not only be capable of creating his own chances but he should also be adept at positioning himself to make space for our wingers or basically any advancing player. A pazzo/balo hybrid player is what we need not destro.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'd much rather sign a proper CF like Destro and a great support act like Cerci than look for a complete player. We need to really build a proper team, not a one man army that we've been trying in the last few seasons.

20 million seems fine for Destro. But not 25+

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Anybody but Torres.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'd much rather sign a proper CF like Destro and a great support act like Cerci than look for a complete player. We need to really build a proper team, not a one man army that we've been trying in the last few seasons.

20 million seems fine for Destro. But not 25+

well yeah i agree with what you said, but i am assuming we would buy both cerci and a complete player. IF not then i would be satisfied with destro but only if he was available for under 15 mil. I just dont see anything special in him, he is the type of player who needs a particular system to be effective. So i am not entirely convinced.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Adebayor pls.

i seriously would take him here on a dry loan sort of deal but he is a cunt and he kind of just chooses to perform only when he wants to. If we thought balo was fickle headed, adebayor imo is even worse.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
well yeah i agree with what you said, but i am assuming we would buy both cerci and a complete player. IF not then i would be satisfied with destro but only if he was available for under 15 mil. I just dont see anything special in him, he is the type of player who needs a particular system to be effective. So i am not entirely convinced.

And who in the world is this complete player that you're referring to? None of the players we are linked with are remotely 'complete'.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And who in the world is this complete player that you're referring to? None of the players we are linked with are remotely 'complete'.

jackson can create to an extent and he has great attacking instincts. Out of the striker we have been linked with, he seems to be the closest thing to being 'complete'. He has his own flaws but he is better than all the other strikers we have been linked with, which includes destro too. I would be happy with destro but i dont think its wise to pay anything above 15 mil for him.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
jackson can create to an extent and he has great attacking instincts. Out of the striker we have been linked with, he seems to be the closest thing to being 'complete'. He has his own flaws but he is better than all the other strikers we have been linked with, which includes destro too. I would be happy with destro but i dont think its wise to pay anything above 15 mil for him.

Then your definition of complete is different from mine. So Jackson can help in the build up more, true. But Destro is a more lethal presence in the box.

Not much difference between the two for me. Either would be a good signing.

Schedule