The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i think Theo is a big part of our attacking machine...contributes even more attacking wise than the RW position, i think Saelemaekers and Samu do their job, and Saelemaekers has been good lately... but in term of direct action that leads to goals or chances + being a goal threats himself. Theo does more.
and i would not call him a one man show...yes he has the ability to make great runs many times during the games ... but the amount of combinations happening on that side with Rebic, Hakan, Ibra to for him end up behind the defense is significant. it's great teamwork going on there

2. ANYTHING could work long term, if you shop right for it and address the shortcoming such pairing would have ... whether it's by switching system or adding a different type of player somewhere in the mix ... but as we stand right now with this formation and the role that 2 DM play, sustaining the pressure, intensity and briging the Physicality...that pairing will be very light, less energetic...Bennacer despite being small can hold his own... but this is just not Tonali's game ...
at the price we've got him, it's a good deal/an opportunity but in the immediate another type of midfielder was more of priority.

long term ok, probably in a different formation as well.

I am referring to Theo as a one man show compared to what we had for long in the defensive positions.
Our CBs are bad scorers, 2020-Conti offered only little going forward, Bennacer and Kessie only started pushing up with purpose at the end of the season. Theo was the only one eager to do something in attack, that changed now.

I personally see Tonali as a more defensive player than Bennacer, but also a little bit in between Kessie and Bennacer in terms of characteristics with some classic regista thrown in. Imo it is more about Tonali hitting form and settling than the combination.

Last edited:

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Fans: ?We need a CB and RB!?

Club: ?How about a hidden gem from the Norwegian league for LW??

Fans: ?OKAYYY, sounds good!!!?

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
pZFMTXL.png

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Just finished watching a replay of St-Etienne vs Marseille to see how Fofana plays.

The kid needs to work on his passing but defensively he is EXTREMELY good for his age.

Fast, physical, presses well, intercepts well, and has high defense IQ where he not only was able to watch the ball carrier but also kept an eye on the runners behind him. That is something you can't teach and makes him a special defender.

I'll be highly disappointed now if we don't get him :lol:

We need a fast CB. Our CBs are not fast at the moment. If we play high press, we need a fast CB like Thiago Silva fast.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
The importance of having Ibra to receive a long ball from Donna is just very crucial against high pressing team (we'll see if we run deep in EL).

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/data-analysis/beat-barcelona-old-worth-passing-back-data-analysis

Basically, the study says playing long ball is safer vs playing from the back against high pressing team like the old Barcelona, now Bayern and Liverpool.
The risk of playing from the back if a defender losses possession is too high. We saw that very often under Gattuso who insisted on playing from the back even though we always conceded playing from the back.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Is it me who thinks a vice-kessie is a bigger problem. I feel like a tonali-benacer midfield will just get bullied too easily

Wheras gabbia-kjaer-romagnoli -duarte is alright

agreed. That's why we need Bakayoko. Why can we just get him for a dry loan again if we don't have $ left.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The importance of having Ibra to receive a long ball from Donna is just very crucial against high pressing team (we'll see if we run deep in EL).

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/data-analysis/beat-barcelona-old-worth-passing-back-data-analysis

Basically, the study says playing long ball is safer vs playing from the back against high pressing team like the old Barcelona, now Bayern and Liverpool.
The risk of playing from the back if a defender losses possession is too high. We saw that very often under Gattuso who insisted on playing from the back even though we always conceded playing from the back.

Kjaer, Roma(Gabbia), Bennacer, Tonali: that is an insanely good passing quality from the back. Playing out from the back is the least thing I would worry about at this point. Of course a good target player never hurts.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
The 4 players who we have no similar replacements for are 1. Kessie, 2. Theo, 3. Ibra 4
. Hakan

The first 2 would devastate our style of play if we ever lose one of them. We need a Kessie and Theo alternates (no Laxalt is not a sub for Theo. Offers 0 of what Theo offers)

The 3rd player is Ibra. We need an alternate target man to allow our wingers attack the space opened up.

4. Brahim is not really like Hakan but I guess we can get away with It kind of. I. An ideal world a player like Rodrigo de Paul would be useful to our roster. Can alternate with Hakan and also play deeper and even on the wings of on an emergency

We must absolutely get players in those first 3 positions as well as a CB.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
The 4 players who we have no similar replacements for are 1. Kessie, 2. Theo, 3. Ibra 4
. Hakan

The first 2 would devastate our style of play if we ever lose one of them. We need a Kessie and Theo alternates (no Laxalt is not a sub for Theo. Offers 0 of what Theo offers)

The 3rd player is Ibra. We need an alternate target man to allow our wingers attack the space opened up.

4. Brahim is not really like Hakan but I guess we can get away with It kind of. I. An ideal world a player like Rodrigo de Paul would be useful to our roster. Can alternate with Hakan and also play deeper and even on the wings of on an emergency

We must absolutely get players in those first 3 positions as well as a CB.

Sir, pardon

I was a football coach, similar subs is impossible

despite having the obligation of making a certain strategy, coaches adapt to players' style.
So if something happened to Milan first team players, its down to Pioli's tactical approach to make their subs useful.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
What is everyone's opinion as to whether we end up with Chiesa?

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If we buy a talented young CB like Fofana, one of Romagnoli, Kjaer and Fofana needs to sit on the bench if all of them are available. I know, young CB could be a replacement for Kjaer for the next years but the Danish is still 31 years old, still could play for next couple of years.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we buy a talented young CB like Fofana, one of Romagnoli, Kjaer and Fofana needs to sit on the bench if all of them are available. I know, young CB could be a replacement for Kjaer for the next years but the Danish is still 31 years old, still could play for next couple of years.

With 5 subs, there will be heavy rotation all season and Kjaer will always be a candidate to come off and be preserved. Romagnoli, Kjaer, Fofana, and Gabbia would all rotate and get a lot of time.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score

If Milan manage to qualify EL,
Milan will play twice a week, once in three of four days.
Good depth is what every team need to survive this odd period.

Lets say milan will play 5 match in 13 days
Rom-Kja
Rom-Fof
Fof-Kja
Rom-Kja
Rom-Fof
everyone gets to play 3-4 times and without significant quality gap in each game.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion as to whether we end up with Chiesa?

Unlikely.

Hawg, Baka, Fofana is the dream right now. Probably try Huage at RW at some point just to see if it?ll work... Can?t be worse than Samu right now.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

Rom-Kja
Rom-Fof
Fof-Kja
Rom-Kja
Rom-Fof
everyone gets to play 3-4 times and without significant quality gap in each game.

With 5 subs, there will be heavy rotation all season and Kjaer will always be a candidate to come off and be preserved. Romagnoli, Kjaer, Fofana, and Gabbia would all rotate and get a lot of time.

Lol ... and everybody lived happily ever after.
That’s Delusional. Just as always there will be starters who will play most of the games other will feed on late entrance in games, give the starters an occasional rest every 4-6 games like Europa league, copa and the crotone, spezia, benevento (? ��) ... like yesterday’s game.

It’s not like we’re going to be flying at the top of the table to afford to so often not line up the strongest, most in form players of the moment.

Though, 1 thing that will likely happen will be injuries....that will let some of the subs get extended period of starts... like Gabbia is getting now.

Add: also starters that dip in form will open the door for some of the subs for extended period of starts or even take over of the starting stop...of course that just some players

Last edited:

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Rom-Kja
Rom-Fof
Fof-Kja
Rom-Kja
Rom-Fof

Well, it is not too often we see change in CB's starting line-up.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Belgian guys, and I guess I mean joyrider primarly because the other guy can't count to 11, would Kana fit the bill of player being able to slot in at DM for Kessie while also being capable of playing CB?

Is he good enough to play right away in Serie A and what is his pricetag?

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Why are Milan fans so concerned about having too many players or worried about them having to sit out matches?? Teams that win have quality replacements at every position. You think Juve are worried about how a player will feel if he has to sit out a match when buying them? Have you seen Bayern and Liverpool's benches..they would beat us with second squads. Real had James, Bale, Kovacic, Morata on bench when they were winning 3 cl in row. You need depth everywhere on the pitch to win. The more talent and skill we can inject in the squad the better. It's all about giving the manager the most options possible.

Last edited:

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Is it me who thinks a vice-kessie is a bigger problem. I feel like a tonali-benacer midfield will just get bullied too easily

Wheras gabbia-kjaer-romagnoli -duarte is alright

Probably...

Tonalim bennacer kessie Krunic are much better for 2 positions than

Romagnoli Kjaer Gabbia and Duarte....

Krunic rn is a better bench option than Duarte...

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol ... and everybody lived happily ever after.
That?s Delusional. Just as always there will be starters who will play most of the games other will feed on late entrance in games, give the starters an occasional rest every 4-6 games like Europa league, copa and the crotone, spezia, benevento (? ��) ... like yesterday?s game.

It?s not like we?re going to be flying at the top of the table to afford to so often not line up the strongest, most in form players of the moment.

Though, 1 thing that will likely happen will be injuries....that will let some of the subs get extended period of starts... like Gabbia is getting now.

Add: also starters that dip in form will open the door for some of the subs for extended period of starts or even take over of the starting stop...of course that just some players

You come across as a real prick.

It?s delusional to think 4 CBs will get a lot of playing time during a season with 50 matches, 5 substitutions per match, injuries, suspensions, etc.?

Ok

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
We have #5 ready for Wesley. That would suit him.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Why are Milan fans so concerned about having too many players or worried about them having to sit out matches?? Teams that win have quality replacements at every position. You think Juve are worried about how a player will feel if he has to sit out a match when buying them? Have you seen Bayern and Liverpool's benches..they would beat us with second squads. Real had James, Bale, Kovacic, Morata on bench when they were winning 3 cl in row. You need depth everywhere on the pitch to win. The more talent and skill we can inject in the squad the better. It's all about giving the manager the most options possible.

:thumbsup:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
You come across as a real prick.

It?s delusional to think 4 CBs will get a lot of playing time during a season with 50 matches, 5 substitutions per match, injuries, suspensions, etc.?

Ok

Thx. Not my intention, maybe poor vocabulary.
Don?t know any other word to describe that ?everybody will get plenty of time? .. utopian maybe.

There will be starters who will starters who will start 80-85% together of games together and the others will share the rest between subs, resting a starter for a ?weak? opponent after a long stretch of consecutive games.
Injuries to starter are the only things that will give a sub a extended period of starts.

Again, not my intention to offend you, but the idea that there will be plenty of time for all players (CBs) because we will have ?heavy rotation? is far from reality ... especially not in that position...maybe Montella would have done that

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Probably...

Tonalim bennacer kessie Krunic are much better for 2 positions than

Romagnoli Kjaer Gabbia and Duarte....

Krunic rn is a better bench option than Duarte...
Krunic and duarte are equally shit.

Can't expect much of duarte playing in a double pivot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule