Brazilian Football Thread

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
yeap.. our NT is like a rockstar band now..

and ppl who pay to them play.. dont like if the big names are not in it. hehe

Writing like a Sociologist now, for me Ronaldo was the first player of a new generation. He was the symbol of a new globalized football, the player bigger than the clubs, the player star, the football as marketing and show. Ronaldo was/is the face of Nike and Nike is the brands dominating the football, like brand's entered in everything else in the World. A globalized era of football replacing the old standards of football. You don't support a club cause of roots, but you consume your football of choice.

Brazilians problably faced in 98 Seleção was not his own anymore. The relation of Nike/CBF is shady, but CBF nowadays is much more than a Federation, it's a global business. CBF holds the show and Nike sell it.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a curious fact, the man who "made" Ronaldo in Nike, and build the partnership CBF and Nike is Sandro Rosell, now the president of Barcelona. He was director of Nike and head of Nike Brasil in the 90's.

His relation with Ricardo Teixeira (the CBF Godfather) is so close that he was the witness on Teixeira's marriage.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Just a curious fact, the man who "made" Ronaldo in Nike, and build the partnership CBF and Nike is Sandro Rosell, now the president of Barcelona. He was director of Nike and head of Nike Brasil in the 90's.

His relation with Ricardo Teixeira (the CBF Godfather) is so close that he was the witness on Teixeira's marriage.

They now are gonna make room for Teixeira be FIFA's president. Havelange, Rosell, nike, cbf.. a mob squad.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
CBF selling badge space in the 80's to a coffee company.
1842928-0455-atm14.jpg

CBF selling sponsor in Brazils NT jersey in the 80's.
1987-camisa-da-sele%C3%A7%C3%A3o-com-patroc%C3%ADnio-da-coca-cola.jpg

that jersey was used 1 time only.. was forbiden.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol:
I will always like it because I have too many number 9 jerseys and I dont want any more national jersies and Indian Jersey suck except for cricket sharja shit which my cousin owns

a fun fact in 1994 was.. nike giving to the big players of the NT in WC, shoes, hats, bags with alot of stuff from nike in it.. and to ronaldo they give only shoes so he could use.
Romario knowing this.. said that if he didnt get everything like the others.. he would personaly throw everything from nike away.. and the team would be playing with black shoes.

Romario:proud:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They now are gonna make room for Teixeira be FIFA's president. Havelange, Rosell, nike, cbf.. a mob squad.

It's very possible. Though it all will depend on the sucess of WC 2014, they already have massive support from Africa and Asia. Their big opposition will be England. Not even Wales gonna vote for a English approved candidate I think.

That's if some corruption scandal like the one Teixeira is being sued in Switzerland cause he received bribe from MSI don't go unveiled till then.

And in my opinion Andrés Sanchez want to succed Teixeira in CBF. I see this man working hard for it. What do you think?

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's very possible. Though it all will depend on the sucess of WC 2014, they already have massive support from Africa and Asia. Their big opposition will be England. Not even Wales gonna vote for a English approved candidate I think.

That's if some corruption scandal like the one Teixeira is being sued in Switzerland cause he received bribe from MSI don't go unveiled till then.

And in my opinion Andrés Sanchez want to succed Teixeira in CBF. I see this man working hard for it. What do you think?

I think he will be.. already is the head of the technical staff of the NT.. more than anyone else, soon he will be the president.. but only when teixeira decides imo.

when i think on this guys(gangs).. i want everything to go wrong in WC2014.. but then u think in the ppl..

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
a fun fact in 1994 was.. nike giving to the big players of the NT in WC, shoes, hats, bags with alot of stuff from nike in it.. and to ronaldo they give only shoes so he could use.
Romario knowing this.. said that if he didnt get everything like the others.. he would personaly throw everything from nike away.. and the team would be playing with black shoes.

Romario:proud:

meh romario was royally fucked by italian defense in both europe and world cup in 94:D
Ronaldo is better :D Joking i only saw final of romario only high profile game

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Porto shits twice on Benfica as Santos make some good money :D

Santos' Danilo looking forward to moving to Porto in January but has the World Club Championship in his sights first
The versatile player is currently on international duty with Brazil under-20's, and will join up with the Portuguese champions in the new year after a €13 million deal was agreed

Danilo has spoken of his excitement at signing for Porto, but has stated that he is focussed on firstly achieving victory at the World Club Championship with current club Santos.

The right back impressed in the side from Vila Belmiro's victorious Copa Libertadores campaign, and was linked with a move to Juventus, AC Milan and Benfica, but chose to sign for the Portuguese champions for €13 million.

However, as confirmed by the Brazilian outfit's president Luis Ribeiro, the 20-year-old will not move to Europe until January. Despite this, the former America MG man cannot help but look ahead.

"I am very happy with this new stage in my life that starts in January, it is a great club [who are] used to winning titles too," he stated on his Twitter account.

"But in the meantime, [I will] continue giving blood for Santos and I, along with my teammates, want to be the champions [of] Brazil and the World Club Championship in December," he concluded.

Danilo is currently on international duty for his country's under-20 side at the World Cup in Colombia.

Official: Porto sign Santos left-back Alex Sandro
The Portuguese champions have strengthened their defence with another Santos player as they look to mount a serious Champions League challenge

Porto have completed the signing of Santos left-back Alex Sandro in a €9.6 million deal, the Portuguese club have informed the stock market.

The Brazilian youngster has penned a five-year contract with Porto, with a €50m release clause written into the deal.

The 20-year-old, who played a crucial role in Santos' success story at Copa Libertadores, had been linked with a switch to Portugal for the last weeks, with Benfica also understood to be interested in his services.

This is the second time that Porto shop at Santos this summer, after the Portuguese champions landed Danilo for €13m earlier in the week.

The transfer is likely to increase speculation about the future of Uruguay international Alvaro Pereira, who has reportedly caught the eye of Liverpool.

Sandro is likely to miss Porto's first official matches of the season as he is currently away on international duty with Brazil's Under-20 squad at the World Cup in Colombia.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Porto shits twice on Benfica as Santos make some good money :D

Santos' Danilo looking forward to moving to Porto in January but has the World Club Championship in his sights first
The versatile player is currently on international duty with Brazil under-20's, and will join up with the Portuguese champions in the new year after a €13 million deal was agreed

Official: Porto sign Santos left-back Alex Sandro
The Portuguese champions have strengthened their defence with another Santos player as they look to mount a serious Champions League challenge

Porto have some cash to spend now.. bought 2 good fb's.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
the call up today.

Goleiros: Júlio César (Inter de Milão) e Victor (Grêmio)
Laterais: André Santos (Fenerbahce), Daniel Alves (Barcelona) e Maicon (Inter de Milão)
Zagueiros: David Luiz (Chelsea), Dedé (Vasco), Lúcio (Inter de Milão) e Thiago Silva (Milan)
Meio-campistas: Elias (Atlético de Madri), Fernandinho (Shakhtar Donetsk), Lucas (São Paulo), Lucas Leiva (Liverpool), Luiz Gustavo (Bayern de Munique), Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos), Ralf (Corinthians), Ramires (Chelsea) e Renato Augusto (Bayer Leverkusen);
Atacantes: Pato (Milan), Fred (Fluminense), Jonas (Valencia), Neymar (Santos) e Robinho (Milan)

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho just trashed Santos, 5x4. Neymar did his show too.

Unforgetable game.

Santos was winning until 30min first half, 3x0.

EPIC Game Today.

neymar sitting down give a assistence.. elano did ridiculous taking a pk.. and ronaldinho was a genious.

Last edited:

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
valderrama_reu.jpg

el pibe was on the field yesterday.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Instantly unlikeable face.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
sorry kuja, i dont know when the supercoppa is.

It's cool. It's either the 6th or 9th.... Who cares, Robinho, Pato and Silva will be playing with us first and foremost. :D

It's the 6th. Woopedeedo.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
England will playing against North Korea in the WC20 in a few moments!

Last edited:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
apparently Santos wants to have Pele make a comeback in the Club World Cup

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Santos ? - ? Corinthians tonight in the Brazil super cup i think?Are Ganso and Neymar playing?

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Santos ? - ? Corinthians tonight in the Brazil super cup i think? Are Ganso and Neymar playing?

No, it's a postponed fixture in the Brazilian Championship.

There's South American Super Cup (called Recopa) today though, Independiente x Internacional.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Sven/Australiano/Brasilians, how good is Lucas Zen ?Caught a few games ,looked impressive at Cm/DM ,been told his original position was CB ?...Reminds me of Silva ,quick,smart and technically sound

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sven/Australiano/Brasilians, how good is Lucas Zen ?Caught a few games ,looked impressive at Cm/DM ,been told his original position was CB ?...Reminds me of Silva ,quick,smart and technically sound

I only watched one game of him. He was a left wing back in that game, though a very defensive one. Looked solid, but I didn't paid much attention tbh.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
No, it's a postponed fixture in the Brazilian Championship.

There's South American Super Cup (called Recopa) today though, Independiente x Internacional.

My bad,so do you know if any of them will play tonight?Mainly Ganso?

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My bad,so do you know if any of them will play tonight? Mainly Ganso?

No, but they will play in about 20 minutes with Seleção...:D