The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
So, Billy is the only defender in the world that has played against both Maradona and Messi ?

Screenshot-20200601-193932-Football-Italia.jpg

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cellino: "Bar?a offered 65 million for Tonali. No to PSG, he prefers Juve and Inter"

Feck off club

Cellino whoring out Tonali. Making up "bids", trying to start a bidding war. Looks like the big clubs aren't falling for his BS!

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
So, Billy is the only defender in the world that has played against both Maradona and Messi ?

Wouldn't Maldini have done so too?

When Maradona was at Napoli and between 2006/09.

From looking, Messi wasn't even on the bench in 2006, and was on the bench but didn't play in 2005.

So, I can't see how it was an official game. Interesting fact though.

Last edited:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
65 m Tonali :lol: Even Cellino does not believe this shit. The kid has good potential but everything over 30 m is overpaying

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
"Belotti worth more than 100 m"
Urban Cairo, Torino owner
March 2017
June 2020 = nobody wants Belotti.

"Tonali worth 60m"
Massimo Cellino, Brescia owner
June 2020

let's see

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, I think Juve and Inter are probably not that interested in Tonali. I know that Ausilio said Tonali was an "Inter player" or whatever, but I don't see why they would need him; Inter have so many CMs. Juve, as well, and while they might get rid of some of them, there's still too many.

My sense is that Milan might have put forward the most concrete interest, and Cellino is trying to correct his mistake by saying he'd do whatever Tonali wanted, which seems to lower his leverage considerably.

I don't know if Rangnick wants him, and I have become impressed with Tonali as the season has progressed--initially I just saw him for what he was: a young kid in Serie A for the first time--but he's grown on me and has grown into his role.

I think Belotti would be a great fit for what Rangnick does, if Ibra doesn't stay, I think he'd be a great option, for a reasonable fee. I will say, we're still being linked with Scamacca, and from what I've seen of him, I love the way he plays. He really reminds me of Ibra, but, who knows, he'll probably be the next Robert Acquafresca.

I also hope we can take that Kouassi kid from PSG, it'd be so nice to give a nice middle finger to them. I look at that team and I feel like a lot of what they do is what Milan should/would've been since 2012.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol, rumors are that Rangnick wants to build his new side out of the following players:

Gianluigi Donnarumma, Theo Hernandez, Andrea Conti, Ismael Bennacer, Hakan Calhanoglu and Rafael Leao.

No Romagnoli? Conti to be depended on? Leao?

Hakan Calhanoglu? Well, that just makes perfect sense. He is our 10.

[I need an argument.]

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Rangnick's desire to change the course of Milan is very high but at the same time he asks for a wide possibility of intervention, beyond the budget that will not be science fiction. In this Milan it would take a complete revolution but it would take time.

Do Elliott have the balls to green light project complete revolution or just more science fiction.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol, rumors are that Rangnick wants to build his new side out of the following players:

Gianluigi Donnarumma, Theo Hernandez, Andrea Conti, Ismael Bennacer, Hakan Calhanoglu and Rafael Leao.

No Romagnoli? Conti to be depended on? Leao?

Hakan Calhanoglu? Well, that just makes perfect sense. He is our 10.

[I need an argument.]

conti pre injuries was a monster, maybe ragnick thinks he can rehabilitate him. hakan was great in bundes, romagnoli has been here for a while and may want out any time now. That is if any of this is true.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
conti pre injuries was a monster, maybe ragnick thinks he can rehabilitate him. hakan was great in bundes, romagnoli has been here for a while and may want out any time now. That is if any of this is true.

Conti had a stretch this season where he was like... Awesome. It was like 3-4 games where he played great, before he returned to being inconsistent. I hope he can make Conti great.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why would he not count on Romagnoli? The guy is the best CB in the club, is still young and is the captain. What a bullshit report

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Di Canio: "Rangnick? I don't understand why Milan have to beg him to come. Absurd situation"

Paolo's not been watching modern Milan.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Unfortunately I'm too young (31) to have witnessed Costacurta during his prime. The Milan I fell in love with was the one of Ancelotti. And to be frank, I never liked Costacurta that much . Don't know... In my (admittedly uneducated eyes back then) he was slow and error prone... Definitely past his time... Nowhere near the shier elegance and effectiveness of Nesta or the determination and leadership of Maldini...

I'd love to see some full games with him during his prime. Would be an interesting watch.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Conti had a stretch this season where he was like... Awesome. It was like 3-4 games where he played great, before he returned to being inconsistent. I hope he can make Conti great.

Conti if he stays is looking to be the backup to the new rb. One of Calabria / Conti is good enough for back rb. Looks like new rb could be Dumb Freeze from Ajax!

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I will cry if Hakan is a focal point of the next project.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
It would be so funny if he became like the next Savicevic, lol.

You're like a little girl with this guy. Lighting some scents under the Hakan poster every night.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You're like a little girl with this guy. Lighting some scents under the Hakan poster every night.

If people didn't hate on him as much as they do, I'd probably be much harsher on him.

I also just want to instigate debate on this page.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
hakan in the same sentence as Savicevic...

tumblr_mf5k31GyV91rn7ni2.gif

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Unfortunately I'm too young (31) to have witnessed Costacurta during his prime. The Milan I fell in love with was the one of Ancelotti. And to be frank, I never liked Costacurta that much . Don't know... In my (admittedly uneducated eyes back then) he was slow and error prone... Definitely past his time... Nowhere near the shier elegance and effectiveness of Nesta or the determination and leadership of Maldini...

I'd love to see some full games with him during his prime. Would be an interesting watch.

He was a handsum fecker... Cary Grant level.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Real Madrid is playing their remaining home games for this season at their training ground stadium.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
According to latest TMW rumours, Brazilian international midfielder Lucas Paquet? (22), who might end up leaving AC Milan, which he joined on January 2019, has been targeted by both Benfica and Valencia. While Rossoneri are planning to let him out on a no less than 27 million euros transfer fee, former Flamengo star is still tracked by Paris Saint-Germain, though French giants are not about to step towards him anymore for the time being, and Fiorentina, which Paquet? isn't regarding much as a destination.

Swap with one of their players?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still think it is a good idea to give Paqueta a chance under Ralf. The guy is a fine player (skillset, vision, etc) who struggles to adapt to European football. What I like about him is that he is a hard worker. He actually seems like a very Ralf profile - young, skillful, quick feet, etc. His problem is his joga bonito mentality but that can change under the right tutelage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule