What book are you reading now? (books)

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
LIFE - Keith Richards :D

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
LIFE - Keith Richards :D

Judgement? I'm thinking to go Slash for nect one since it's available to me and I guess Keith would be the next step on this road.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Judgement? I'm thinking to go Slash for nect one since it's available to me and I guess Keith would be the next step on this road.
Still reading it but so far it's been interesting since he weaved back and forth and his language is so amusing. I'm still very early on the book, just on the chapter where he met Mick Jagger and before they were in the Stones.

Also recommended is the Clapton bio.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Kafka's The Trail.

Been reading it for a month now, still not finished.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Trial. Just for people to not get wrong impressions, I know it's a simple typo.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
:facepalm:

Ofcourse, The Trial.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
finished Bad Science. Also read 'Confessions of a Conjuror' by Derren Brown.

Just started reading 'SAVAGE!' (Robbie Savage's autobiography)

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
From up high where I was, you could shout anything you liked at them. I tried. They made me sick, the whole lot of them. I hadn't the nerve to tell them so in the daytime, to their face, but up there it was safe. "Help! Help!" I shouted, just to see if it would have any effect on them. None whatsoever. Those people were pushing life and night and day in front of them. Life hides everything from people. Their own noise prevents them from hearing anything else. They couldn't care less. The bigger and taller the city, the less they care. Take it from me. I've tried. It's a waste of time.

A piece of bitterness from this book:

n297995.jpg

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I wish I could read more "ordinary" books... I've been reading so much literature from uni that I've lost the appetite for other books.

Has any one read Conn Igguldens books on Caesar? Awesome stuff IMO.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neil Straus with the Crü 'The Dirt'. I'm in the middle where the infamous car carsh sent Hanoi Rocks drummer to the cascet ATM.

Don't enjoy their music much so the best quote IMO is '... it was less as a band than a gang' - Vince Neil

Great book. Not a great band and didn't even make me look over their songs but loved the book. It's written in style of a trial where different people will state their opinion on some incident and I loved that. Maybe I'll later take on Neil Strauss's Game. Wasn't into it when it made all the fuzz but now the man proved himself to me. My fav was Mick - coolest and kept it simple and honest like r'n'r should be.

After that took on Slash biography. It wasn't as well written since as Slash says he's just a guitarrist, he can't be a frontman, he doesn't like to talk. But still pretty cool to read his story. The book gets better as you dive deeper, the start was pretty hard.

Now reading Kiedis's Scar Tissue. Very well written. Dude definetely could have been a book-writer. Still don't see him as my fav character in RHCP but still probably the best one to read.

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
I'm reading The Leopard by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa and it's amazing :proud: So beautiful, I wish I could read it in the Italian though.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
Just started Brother Odd by Dean 'Guns and Dogs' Koontz..ironically the first of the Odd series I'm settling down to devour.

I'll likely be MIA here till the Spurs match.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Reading 'The Dice Man'
51cIYS3UDxL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
Finished 'SAVAGE!' excellent read, the chapters on his time under Paul Jewell are surprisingly deep - he pretty much suffered from depression.

Moving swiftly on, will be starting 'Mr Unbelievable' (Chris Kamara's autobiography)

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
Why is it that no-one's interested in these threads until I post? :conf:

Being a leader feels really satisfying..I do, everyone else apes. Nice. :D

@hd.....you can at best envy my cerebral capability but you'll never be me. :tongue:

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Please..

Go get yourself an extra hemisphere, see if that'd do. :D

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The 100 Absolutely Unbreakable Laws Of Business Success by :star:Brian Tracy:star:..........just dusted this off my modest (by Ezra Pound's standards :D) library along with some other books I ought to have been reading for like this past month. :( Well..have to make up for squandered time.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
Oh yes, I forgot about this thread...

finished Kamara's autobiography, anyway, I've just started reading

'CANTONA - The Rebel Who Would Be King' (by Philippe Auclair)

Fantastic so far.

shimec

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaka, Bierhoff, Weah, Savicevic, Boban, Zidane, Raul,
I'm reading "The Master and Margarita" by Mikhail Bulgakov. Great book so far in my opinion!

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
I used to love The Tale of Two Cities. But I didn' realise, dumb as it may seem, that it must've been an abridged version. I bought 3 or 4 classics a while back to catch up on them and this was among them. I didn' get past the intro. How in the bloody hell are you supposed to understand that? :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
I'm reading the " The Naked Bear in the Kitchen " hell of a book.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Jughead double digest :o :o

fuck the haters :o :o :o

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
i need some motivation in my life cant read papillon/armstrong again because i remember everything in it, any suggestions not a big fan of fiction :o

Schedule