Vincenzo Montella Thread

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He acts like he has done well, but he hasn't, we are 7th just like last season. Except this he also destroyed many players, from Bacca to Niang, Kucka etc. De Sciglio and Donnarumma are also open to leave now after this shitty season.

Paletta, DES, Suso, Deulofeu, Sosa, Locatelli, Bertolacci(at least useful a few games compared to last season) > Bacca, Niang, Kuco

Players that improved vs the players that are playing like shit. Obviously he's done more good than bad and he didn't get to choose any player at whatever budget like Miha did. He was told theres no money and had to settle for the likes of Sosa, Mati etc. you think he wanted those players our of any player in the world to choose from?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Paletta, DES, Suso, Deulofeu, Sosa, Locatelli, Bertolacci(at least useful a few games compared to last season) > Bacca, Niang, Kuco

Players that improved vs the players that are playing like shit. Obviously he's done more good than bad and he didn't get to choose any player at whatever budget like Miha did. He was told theres no money and had to settle for the likes of Sosa, Mati etc. you think he wanted those players our of any player in the world to choose from?

What? Useful?

Sosa and Bertolacci are shit players, but morons are liking them because they haven't seen good midfielders for a long time, Bertolacci is Genoa level while Sosa is 33 years and has no future here

Deulofeu is leaving to Barca 99%, Suso is a tricky pony and deffinitely less useful than Bacca-Niang attack of last season (who used to score a lot).

De Sciglio is leaving as a free agent too.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Tricky pony. :lol:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Average coach, you must admit. I'm okay with giving him one more season, but no more, unless he improves dramatically.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Allegri's least favourite opponent in the league for sure. Say what you want but he's got Max's number. Allegri - regarded as one of the better tacticians around, capable of adapting to any circumstances in-game - has been outsmarted by Montella a few times now. Tactically Montella's always a step ahead.

When Max looks at the pitch he sees 11 Khediras and van Bommels. When Montella looks at the pitch he sees The Matrix.

All the idiots going WHERE'S THE TIKI-TAKA don't understand that he tries to play EFFECTIVE football (be that possession or counter attacking, depending on the resources available), because effective football creates winning teams. Anyone who doesn't see that he's a huge upgrade on Mihajlovic and Inzaghi is blind, and anyone that wants Milan to play like Roma or Napoli but get dicked by the big teams is a fool.

+1

our current group of midfielders lets the man down constantly. =\

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
I'd like to sign Balotelli and give him the same roids Messi and Ronaldo take

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
if he stays and gets some newer/better players over the summer, that'd be great

otherwise who would they find to replace him without newer/better players, that wants to come to a poorly organized milan

I'm of the opinion that there is waaaay more broken at Milan than keeping/getting rid of a coach can fix

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

otherwise who would they find to replace him without newer/better players, that wants to come to a poorly organized milan

I'm of the opinion that there is waaaay more broken at Milan than keeping/getting rid of a coach can fix

Totally.

I think Montella's done a very good job under these circumstances. FIrst of all he's had a crappy squad to begin with, then struck my injuries.

And I don't care how many times he and players say that they don't think about the sale of the club, it's bullshit. Of course they're affected, big time. With new ownership there's always big changes and no one can really feel safe about their job. Donnarumma's the exception.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

well said!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

kriegpaolo_23

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Ambrosini, Nesta, T.Silva
Montella isn't a coach with a huge potential nor do I see him taking Milan to the top of the world.

But a good coach is still a good coach. I don't want Milan to keep on changing coaches.

He has done very well with what he has been given thus far and that's good. We can always change coaches in 2-3 years time after we get our mojo back. At the moment we are just a mid table team with a fairly average squad.

Only Suso, Donnarumma and Deulofeu can be considered quality at the moment IMO (quality =/= perfect world class ala Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, prime Dida). The rest are either inconsistent, good/ok or have potential but not there yet.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Montella isn't a coach with a huge potential nor do I see him taking Milan to the top of the world.

But a good coach is still a good coach. I don't want Milan to keep on changing coaches.

He has done very well with what he has been given thus far and that's good. We can always change coaches in 2-3 years time after we get our mojo back. At the moment we are just a mid table team with a fairly average squad.

Only Suso, Donnarumma and Deulofeu can be considered quality at the moment IMO (quality =/= perfect world class ala Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, prime Dida). The rest are either inconsistent, good/ok or have potential but not there yet.
:fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Who are these losers to judge Montella ��. The guy is the best signing after kaka in a very long time.
I'm just curious why these shady fans not supporting Torino already?

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Who are these losers to judge Montella ��. The guy is the best signing after kaka in a very long time.
I'm just curious why these shady fans not supporting Torino already?

because a torino football forum wont give them the kind of attention they get here.

these idiots are divas living for the spotlight; they'll say anything that's trash just to get feedback. they are trolls validating their existence.

kriegpaolo_23

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
[

What? He is like Roberto Mancini for Inter to me. Good solid coach but not someone you could rely on to win Champions League titles etc.

I like Montella and without a doubt he is a very good coach who has done a very good job but so far he hasnt convinced me that he is the right man to take Milan to the top of the world. Very happy to be proven wrong though. I hate constant changes of coaches.

When I said he doesnt have "huge potential" I mean I dont see him becoming like Ancelotti, Ferguson, Mourinho, etc etc. Again I am happy to be proven wrong.

For the record I didnt like Miha either since he threw away too many points especially against weaker sides.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
He hasn't the right mentality for Milan, the problem are not his tactics, but his mentality. :thumbsup:

you are just butthurt because he dumped your boy.

Montella has done brilliantly considering what he has been given. How many of you fuckers bashing him realistically thought we would be in the hunt for EL by the end of the season let alone be above Inter? And he has done this despite losing key players such as Bonaventura and Montolivo for most of the season, not to mention poor form of the likes of Bacca and Niang.

I for one, am keen to see what he can do when he is given the right personnel. The biggest problem with Italian football for a long time has always been that its the CEO who makes the decisions when it comes to players and not the managers. I am cautiously optimistic of the new management (especially after Fassone's interview) but I guess we will have to wait and see if they deliver on their promises.

And no offense, changing a coach who has managed to make a team perform beyond their level will be the ultimate stupid move they can make.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Please stay good so I don't have to hear Mancini's name.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Never give up! What a mentality! Grande Midtablotella! :proud:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
What I like about him is that his team can really make comebacks, which we couldn't do under Allegri or Mihajlovic . Although, we shouldn't get into this position so often.

If you could combine him and Miha (for his defensive and counterattacking style), there would be one really solid coach. Montella has a lot of work to do on the defensive part and keeping clean sheets.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What? He is like Roberto Mancini for Inter to me. Good solid coach but not someone you could rely on to win Champions League titles etc.

I like Montella and without a doubt he is a very good coach who has done a very good job but so far he hasnt convinced me that he is the right man to take Milan to the top of the world. Very happy to be proven wrong though. I hate constant changes of coaches.

When I said he doesnt have "huge potential" I mean I dont see him becoming like Ancelotti, Ferguson, Mourinho, etc etc. Again I am happy to be proven wrong.

For the record I didnt like Miha either since he threw away too many points especially against weaker sides.

:fp::fp::fp::fp::fp:

kriegpaolo_23

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Funny response because I actually like Montella and do support Montella. Not one sentence in any of my Montella thread posts was even a harsh criticism.

I guess anything other than "Montella is GOAT" isnt good enough for you.

Now I remember why I stop participating in any sports forums.

Too many irrational fanboys that couldnt give proper responses. Or when they do, the arguments are poorly constructed (even for an opinion).

Edit: No, not all participants in this forum are irrational fanboys/haters BTW I just want to make that clear

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Mister Vincenzo Montella Thread

What should he have done with these players to convince you? What were your expectations before the season started?

Just asking:D

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What should he have done with these players to convince you? What were your expectations before the season started?

5th place, if he does that, it's okay

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

to finish above atalanta and lazio for example?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

me too, i would have no problem to say i was wrong, but so far he is deffinitely not convincing me, the players he asks the club to buy, the line-up he makes, his words in press conferences, he doesn't seem to have the right mentality of the coach milan needs.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
What I like about him is that his team can really make comebacks, which we couldn't do under Allegri or Mihajlovic . Although, we shouldn't get into this position so often.

If you could combine him and Miha (for his defensive and counterattacking style), there would be one really solid coach. Montella has a lot of work to do on the defensive part and keeping clean sheets.

I like that too, but you are wrong when including Allegri, we made so many comebacks with Allegri in Serie A (and most in last minutes).