Mathieu Flamini Thread

pippo83

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten, Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pato and all other Rossoneri players..
I hope Flamini will wear Rossoneri shirt next season he is a great man, have both characteristics: play like Pirlo and strong like Gattuso he was a perfect man for the after Gattuso. My Milan for next season:

Frey

Zambrotta Nesta Mexes Vargas

Pirlo Flamini

Kaka

Pato Ronaldinho

Drogba

This team would be unbeatable :tongue: Forza Milan!!!

jay26

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Johan Cruyff, MvB, Kaka, Ronnie, Fabregas, Henry, Eto'o, Messi, Gullit,..
Well what do you expect? Selling their top striker for small change just beacuse we are interested?

We sold them Sheva (who was also 30 years old back then when he started playing for them) for 45mil€.. and now some people here are shaking their heads how we're gonna "splash the cash" on Ronaldinho by paying no more than 20mil€, maximum 30mil€, when last year he would be sold for 80mil€.. Hell, even the mid-table teams in other leagues across Europe are spending more on players than we are.. :rolleyes:

as for Flamini.. I would love to see him here, as it seems the way things are going (injured, probably won't play again for Arsenal this season who, btw, will again be ending the season empty-handed) he's not going to sign a new deal with them.. it's just that he'll probaly (as speculated) sign for Juve bastards where he'll have a place in the starting line up, unlike Milan who is already jam-packed with DMs..

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
jay26 said:
Well what do you expect? Selling their top striker for small change just beacuse we are interested?

We sold them Sheva (who was also 30 years old back then when he started playing for them) for 45mil€.. and now some people here are shaking their heads how we're gonna "splash the cash" on Ronaldinho by paying no more than 20mil€, maximum 30mil€, when last year he would be sold for 80mil€.. Hell, even the mid-table teams in other leagues across Europe are spending more on players than we are.. :rolleyes:

as for Flamini.. I would love to see him here, as it seems the way things are going (injured, probably won't play again for Arsenal this season who, btw, will again be ending the season empty-handed) he's not going to sign a new deal with them.. it's just that he'll probaly (as speculated) sign for Juve bastards where he'll have a place in the starting line up, unlike Milan who is already jam-packed with DMs..
i meant there are better and younger players around for the same or less.

jay26

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Johan Cruyff, MvB, Kaka, Ronnie, Fabregas, Henry, Eto'o, Messi, Gullit,..
Well Torres is younger.. and on his current form arguably better than Drogba.. and he cost Liverpool around 42mil€.. Then there's Benzema, but Lyon already slapped a price-tag of around 40mil€ on him.. Huntelaar in Ajax would cost around 35mil€.. Gomez for whom Stuttgart slapped a 50mil€ price tag.. etc.

not saying there aren't better options available, but when was the last time (besides Pato) in the last few years Milan's managment were willing to invest a reasonable sum of money in a somewhat established, but also a young player? they only buy 30+ year old farts in the range of 5-10mil€..

all I'm saying is in such cases (like Drogba and Dinho etc.) I don' mind if we pay 20-30mil€ instead of bringing back the likes of Sheva (for fuck's sake he'll be 32 in spetember!) or Borrielo or nobody at all for that matter..

anyway back on topic.. I read Bayern is now also among the clubs chasing Flamini, saying they will bring a new midfielder, who (quote) "won't necessarily cost a lot of money, becuse sometimes you don't have to pay to get one"..

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
pippo83 said:
I hope Flamini will wear Rossoneri shirt next season he is a great man, have both characteristics: play like Pirlo and strong like Gattuso he was a perfect man for the after Gattuso. My Milan for next season:

Frey

Pirlo Flamini

Kaka

Pato Ronaldinho

Drogba

This would be awsome....really....but maybe too offensive...instead of ronaldinho i would put (just because of a little defesive skills) seedorf or even ambro....Pato, Kaka, Drogba alone would be unstopable....

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
jay26 said:
Well Torres is younger.. and on his current form arguably better than Drogba.. and he cost Liverpool around 42mil€.. Then there's Benzema, but Lyon already slapped a price-tag of around 40mil€ on him.. Huntelaar in Ajax would cost around 35mil€.. Gomez for whom Stuttgart slapped a 50mil€ price tag.. etc.

not saying there aren't better options available, but when was the last time (besides Pato) in the last few years Milan's managment were willing to invest a reasonable sum of money in a somewhat established, but also a young player? they only buy 30+ year old farts in the range of 5-10mil€..

all I'm saying is in such cases (like Drogba and Dinho etc.) I don' mind if we pay 20-30mil€ instead of bringing back the likes of Sheva (for fuck's sake he'll be 32 in spetember!) or Borrielo or nobody at all for that matter..

anyway back on topic.. I read Bayern is now also among the clubs chasing Flamini, saying they will bring a new midfielder, who (quote) "won't necessarily cost a lot of money, becuse sometimes you don't have to pay to get one"..
i think Berbatov would be ideal. anyone know what a price Tottenham put on him?

Rahja

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Crespo, Pirlo, Nesta, Shevchenko
pippo83 said:

Frey

Pirlo Flamini

Kaka

Pato Ronaldinho

Drogba

This would be my dreamteam

soccer-dreamteam.jpg

:beer:

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Torres moved to Liverpool for 38 Million euros, while Berbatov signed for Tottenham for 17 millions.
I don't exactly remember Berba's price tag, but Ramos said that he will leave only for a record transfer fee (More than Sheva's move to Chelsea)

pippo83

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten, Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pato and all other Rossoneri players..
Hi guys i think there are only five centerforwards who would fit the Milan Attack line: ;) Toni, Berbatov, Gomez, Drogba, Adebayor!!! We really need one of these players with great physic and the killerinstict infront of the goal.
So B&G take one of these and Milan will score in any game with less chances.

For next year all clubs will fight for Benzema, he is the greatest young striker at the moment and he will cost massive. I hope he will join Milan but there is Man U, Real, Barca and I think many other clubs in europe who have enough money to buy him. Price: I think 60 mio. :eek:

Toni: 15 mio., Gomez: 40 mio., Berbatov: 50 mio, Adebayor: 25 - 30 mio., Drogba: 30 mio.,

That´s massive money but we really need one of them. ;)

For the midfield: Flamini, Ronaldinho, Thiago Neves, Hernanes, Aquilani, Quaresma, Nasri, Jesus Navas,

Flamini would be great for now and for the future one of the greatest DM at the moment, i would welcome him at milanello...
For the offensive midfield i would go for Thiago Neves first he is young fast strong with great technique and a left foot hammer and also massive feeling for his mates he see everything on the pitch and give the ball quick around. I watch Brazil football especielly Fluminense and I am really impressed what I have seen from him till now. EXTRAORDINARY 30 mio. He would be a great deal. :tongue:

We all know Dinho he is a great champion but I think Neves or Hernanes are more hungry and they will play alongside Kaka in the selecao for the future. Iam sure...

Hernanes is near Neves or near Kaka also fast great passes gameintelligence and many more. Yes he would also fit the milan team.

Or one of the europeans; Aquilani, Quaresma, NAsri or NAvas
All great players but i would prefer the braziliens. ;)

And for the defence: GK: Frey, Akinfeev, Ochoa, Boruc, Amelia, Lloris or Lopez. We need also one of them really important!!! :rolleyes: Kalac, Dida are to old.

RB: Zambro, Dani Alves or Rafinha CD: Mexes, Thiago Silva, Lucio, Richards LB: Vargas, Drenthe, and also searching for young talented Italiens and we dont need Dida, Fiori, Cafu, Favalli, Simic, Brocchi, Ba, Emerson and Gilardino :devilhor:

So thats it I hope B&G can realise some of them!!! Go out and buy please Thank you, i hope you agree guys. ;)

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Adebayor's finishing skills are beyond pathetic =))! Many people gotta agree with me about this. But he has some skills though, for example, hand-scoring skills, watch Arsenal's latest game against ManUnited. Adebayor kicks ass woohoo!!!

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Well, for the strikers, only Sheva and Ronaldinho will come, except if Milan sell Gila, that's for sure..

As for Flamini, I think Milan still has the chance, since there's a news in Channel4 (http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr14f.html) that said Milan might sell Gatu, and we will need another DM to replace him. Hopefully Flamini will be the one :)

For the midfielder, I don't think Roma will sell Aquilani, I think he will go to Real. And as for Quaresma, Nasri and Navas, they're young and talented, but I don't think we can buy them cheap..

GK: Frey is possible, Ochoa and Akinfeev unlikely, we only have one non-EU spot and looks like it's going for Sheva :(

RB: Zambo actually is too old, Dani Alves will be a good option but expensive, while Rafinha unlikely, the same reason as Ochoa and Akinfeev.
CB: Richard, interesting option, I think he can be one of the best defender, and if it's available, why not, but I'm not really sure, I don't think he want to move to Italy..

zank

CREDIAMO18
Reaction score
Fav. Players
FB6-PM3-AN13-GG8-R70-ZI11-NEXT
f33d8ac206.jpg

FLAMINI, on Via Turati
15.04.2008 13.11

Mathieu Flamini was virtually 100% of a player if Milan Rossoneri had had the certainty of the next Champions League:

........bla.........bla..............bla..........

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
bunch of stories like last year...

Last edited:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
If we miss on a free Flamini then I would b upset with our staff :mad:
We missed just 2 many good free transfers & we let Juve + Inter get em.
Flamini should b ours.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Wild said:
If we miss on a free Flamini then I would b upset with our staff :mad:
We missed just 2 many good free transfers & we let Juve + Inter get em.
Flamini should b ours.

I think we'll probably sell it to Flamini the right way but it depends on if he's dead set on playing in the CL or just for a prestigous club. If its the latter we're good, if not we might hit a stumbling block depending on the outcome of the next few weeks.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Pirlo Fan said:
I think we'll probably sell it to Flamini the right way but it depends on if he's dead set on playing in the CL or just for a prestigous club. If its the latter we're good, if not we might hit a stumbling block depending on the outcome of the next few weeks.
Bayern , Juve did it without playin in CL so if we r aggressive we should 2.
But we cant convince players we r ambitions enough thx 2 the stupidity triad :o
We must get him.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Wild said:
Bayern , Juve did it without playin in CL so if we r aggressive we should 2.
But we cant convince players we r ambitions enough thx 2 the stupidity triad :o
We must get him.

Since he's free I think we'll push for him more since its only a matter of a contract rather than transfer fee+ a contract. He'd be ideal for us though. His work rate and stamina are phenomenal. Well such are the characteristics of the modern day DM, something which we don't exactly have and could surely use.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I will be furious if he leaves arsenal and we dont get him... i dont know how we could pass him up on a free transfer... I still tend to think that he isnt going anywhere... We'll have to wait and see tho.

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
Well here's some interesting news:

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=669709

It says Flamini's days as a gunner are numbered. That could be good news for Milan, if they really are going for him. But Juve still have the advantage; the CL. And I wouldn't be at all suprised if Flamini chose Juve that seems far better prepared for the coming seasons as opposed to Milan whose CL-qualification hangs by a thread.

I fear this is one player we're not getting, even if he'd be useful.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
If we get Flamini it possibly pushes Gattuso away... maybe?

Blanc will be a big factor in deciding where Flamini goes to.

Last edited:

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's not forget that Carlo has really something personal against French players. I doubt Flamini would adapt at him.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Bes said:
Let's not forget that Carlo has really something personal against French players. I doubt Flamini would adapt at him.

Bes were can u buy a t shirt like that?

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan - JuBe war, over Flamini

We have the advantage,” said Blanc.

“As a child Flamini was a supporter of Juve. We have a sporting project in place, and we will be in the Champions League. Milan will not.”

These comments have irritated Milan transfer guru Galliani, who has hit back with a snipe over Juve’s relegation to Serie B following Calciopoli.

“The Club World Cup champions cannot possibly reply to the newly-promoted Juventus,” he snapped sarcastically.

LOL @ Baldy

GOAL.Com

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldo, Pato, Seedorf, Nesta, Gourcuff,Inzaghi.......
Bes said:
Milan - JuBe war, over Flamini

We have the advantage,” said Blanc.

“As a child Flamini was a supporter of Juve. We have a sporting project in place, and we will be in the Champions League. Milan will not.”

These comments have irritated Milan transfer guru Galliani, who has hit back with a snipe over Juve’s relegation to Serie B following Calciopoli.

“The Club World Cup champions cannot possibly reply to the newly-promoted Juventus,” he snapped sarcastically.

LOL @ Baldy

GOAL.Com

heard this already in like 3 other threads already....... old news!

Acer1899

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Entire Milan squad
According to goal who got the news from Gazetta Dello sport, Flamini has rejected Juve for Milan as we offered a higher salary. Hope this is true!!!

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Flamini Rejects Juve For Milan – Report
According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Arsenal midfielder Matthieu Flamini has rejected Juventus in order to sign for AC Milan.

It has been looking increasingly likely for quite sometime now that Flamini will be leaving the Emirates Stadium at the end of the season.

The 24-year-old, who is regarded as one of Europe’s best defensive midfielders, has not signed an extension to his Arsenal contract that runs out in June, and his manager Arsene Wenger has now given up hope of keeping him.

Juventus and Milan are the two main teams tussling for his signature, and it had been the former who were believed to be in pole position.

However the Gazzetta is this morning reporting that Milan have beaten Juve to the finishing line.

It seems the main factor in the player’s decision may have been the salary offer. While Milan’s Adriano Galliani offered €4m-a-year for the player, Juventus transfer chief Alessio Secco was only prepared to give him €3m.

Flamini will sign a five-year contract at San Siro, and could be the first building block of a new, exciting Milan team.

Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli confirmed yesterday that the club had lost out in the race to sign Flamini.

When asked if the Frenchman would be arriving in Turin, Gigli’s one-word reply was “no”.

Diego Smith

goal.com

Man that would be nice!!!!He would allow Kaka allot more space he can harras the entire pitch just like gattuso back in the day.

PrAcTiC

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kaka', Ronaldinho
Gazzetta - MILAN, Done for Flamini

5 year deal at 4 million euros per season; this is how AC Milan seem to have overtaken Juventus in the auction for Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini. Yesterday the french player has finally refused The Gunners'offer for his renewal, and Juventus seem to have renounced to offer more than 3 million Euros per season.

transfermarketweb.com

hope this is true.. that would be first great purchase