Massimiliano Mirabelli Thread

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
most likely our new sporting director
moneyball-2.jpg

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Who is Massimo Mirabelli: AC Milan's new director of sport

10 September at 20:00

mirabelli.inter.INTER.NEWS.IT.2016.2017.356x237.jpg

New AC Milan GM and CEO Marco Fassone has shortlisted a few candidates to hire as new club’s Sporting Director, a key figure that the rossoneri side are missing since Ariedo Braida left the club leaving Adriano Galliani with the double role of CEO and director of sport.

The ‘Condor’ has been struggling to find the right players to fix AC Milan’s woes over the last few seasons, not to mention that he has made business with a restricted brand of clubs and agents, hoping to find the solution to AC Milan’s endless technical crisis.

Massimo Mirabelli has an opposite style compared to his diavoli counterpart. The current Inter chief scout is on Fassone’s shortlist alongside AS Roma DS Walter Sabatini.
Mirabelli started his career as sporting director after ending his playing career aged 26. He begun from Italy’s non-professional leagues winning bags of trophies in every club he worked. He snatched two consecutives promotions from Serie D to Serie C1 with Rende and Cosenza, before moving to England, where he worked for Southampton for a short spell before being appointed by Inter in 2014, when he was hired as chief scout.

Mirabelli’s way of being a scout has nothing to do with an average, modern scout who prefers watching DVDs sitting from a hotel’s room. Mirabelli travels for kilometres and kilometres to watch the best prospects of football in first person.

He usually spends two months travelling around South America to watch every single talent worth a call by Inter, during the rest of the year he does the same around Europe. Murillo, Perisic, Gabigol and Brozovic are only a few names suggested by Mirabelli to the nerazzurri as well as Gabriel Jesus, Aubameyang and Bruma who eventually did not join the San Siro outfit.

​Fassone believes that Mirabelli is the right man to make AC Milan great again. Fassone wants a man who is able to spot the most interesting prospects around the world and who is constantly monitoring them. An Old-style sporting director, a role that Galliani is not fit to cover anymore.

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Old style sporting director which is completely opposite to what Walter Sabatini and Paul dePosta (Moneyball Johna Hill) are.
Can we atleast give him a team of stat freaks that will crunch numbers all the time so that he only concentrates on the great ones.
Moneyball isn't the answer but Old School + Moneyball is what really works IMO

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'd be happy with anything but moneyball. The day this club becomes Roma or Spurs like in transfers, it'll lose some of the charm.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'd be happy with anything but moneyball. The day this club becomes Roma or Spurs like in transfers, it'll lose some of the charm.

Galliani: “I like to think of myself as being Billy Beane"

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Uhm, tbf we have never had Tottenham/Roma spot in football. They might be on top of us now but ... :lol:no.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Uhm, tbf we have never had Tottenham/Roma spot in football. They might be on top of us now but ... no.
I didn't say we have had their spot in football..

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I didn't say we have had their spot in football..

I know. With or without moneyball we will not be Tottenham/Roma. I know nothing about baseball but I'm pretty sure moneyball is very different in Oakland A's and Boston Red Sox. We are not Oakland/Roma/Tottenham, we are Boston.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Agreed. But I'd hate it if we started doing transfer market like those clubs (or Inter). Some of Milan's charm will be gone for me. It's a purely personal opinion.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. But I'd hate it if we started doing transfer market like those clubs (or Inter). Some of Milan's charm will be gone for me. It's a purely personal opinion.

What is moneyball to you?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure what this 'moneyball' discussion is about. Football is not a stats driven sport and you can't apply what they did to baseball. It's not possible.

What I like about Mirabelli from what I read is that he spends a LOT of time travelling and watching players first hand. Something that I used to hate about Galliani is how often he overvalues players that have a good game against us (Bertolacci being the most recent example).

Paired with a Milan legend like Maldini/Albertini, i'm sure they can work in partnership to figure out what's wrong with the squad and find the best options to work towards. Mistakes like letting Pirlo go hopefully won't happen again.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I like us bringing an interista in because we need someone who makes decisions using their head and not their heart

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What is moneyball to you?
Stats driven transfer decisions. Or FM driven scouting, a game which I'm 100% sure Sabatini plays 10 hrs a day.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I think we will have hard time holding the Berlusconi years family club legacy. Hopefully.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Our new Braida.

You will all like Mirabelli, he will do well, believe the Vulture.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
He is taking over an idiot.
No one can do worse than g.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
I'd hate it if we started doing transfer market like those clubs (or Inter). Some of Milan's charm will be gone for me. It's a purely personal opinion.

agreed

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
With the following post adorning the opening page, I'm more tempted to delete this thread than move it, Vulture.

I like us bringing an interista in because we need someone who makes decisions using their head and not their heart

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I like to hear that he's scouting all over the place all the time.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
dis fucking guy :proud:

what a force :eek: what will be his hashtag force?

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seriosly tho - is his thumb bigger than Donnarumma's? :eek:
in7FFhR.gif
15wbtk.gif

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Massimiliano Allegriano

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score