The Red & Black Forums - View Single Post - Milan's History Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 07:16   #81
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish
Have you posted about pre berlu era when we relegated to serie b for some betting scam ?
No man, never done that before. I couldn't find any data nor article about that era. But the biggest reason is because I wasn't there to live the moment since I only started following Milan in 87/88 season. So I couldn't relate to anything I wrote before that season. It's like claiming yourself the biggest Beatles fans ever but was born in late 70s

One small information about pre-Berlusconi era that I found really really interesting: Johann Cruyff was once a Milan player. Milan invited him to take part in some pre-season tournament in season 81/82 (if not mistaken). He ended up seriously injured and had to miss large part of the season (for Feyenoord?). Add to the fact that Milan beat his team Ajax in 69 Champions Cup Final and the team that he coached in 94 CL Final, he must've developed a certain contempt for Milan

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote