Official Formula One thread

Barremans

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu
Now that fisichella is on his way to Renault. RUmours go that Trulli goes to Toyota as the new partner of Ralf Schumacher

Rex

Reaction score
Button reportedly quits B.A.R for Williams. But David Richards has responded with a statement that Jenson is under contract with B.A.R for 2005 and finger crossed Williams yesterday's announcement has not only been premature but also invalid.

On the other side, Williams has publicly insisted Jenson will be driving for the team next year, despite B.A.R's claims that the English racer is still contracted to them.

(formula1.com)

The controversy has begun. :rolleyes:

Rex

Reaction score
Poor Toyota's Cristiano da Matta will not be driving for the rest of season. He will be replaced by test driver, Ricardo Zonta.

Rex

Reaction score
13th Round, Hungarian GP at Hungaroring on August 15, 2004.

Such as Monaco, Hungaroring has reputation as it comes one of circuit where good grid is crucial here particularly if you would like to hoping to win.
So far, 9 of 18 drivers succeeded from poles including last 3 years; Fernando Alonso (2003), Rubens Barrichello (2002), and Michael Schumacher (2001). Plus fact that 8 of 9 winners started the race on 2nd (three times) or third (five times), these indicates, arguably the qualifying session becomes important matter.

Hungaroring, some says it's 'weird' venue; inconsistency for 4,358 kms effect on unexpexted dusty on track. If you couldn't control your car, you will lose your grip. With its slow corners and its narrow straights, overtaking at the Hungaroring is far from easy and many say its characteristics more closely resemble a street circuit than a purpose-built track.

The circuit itself notoriously tough on tyres!You can't deny the situation where the high temperature on track getting disadvantage for tyres. The hottest track, and due to surface is often dusty, so degradation can be high because the car will slide around a lot. High downforce, traction, decent balance and good turn-in are critical factors in here.

Generally it will take three-stops.

Alonso outshone all others by taking podium last year, can he do it again?Or Schumi wants to payback his poor last year's performance and helping the team for grabbing the constructors title?

Zsolt, it's time for showing your capability at homeland. Wish you all the best! :)

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
so schumi is set for winning 12 races in 1 season

qualifying results:

1 M. Schumacher
2 R. Barrichello
3 T. Sato
4 J. Button
5 F. Alonso
6 A. Pizzonia
7 J. Montoya
8 G. Fisichella
9 J. Trulli
10 K. Räikkönen
11 M. Webber
12 D. Coulthard
13 O. Panis
14 C. Klien
15 R. Zonta
16 N. Heidfeld
17 G. Pantano
18 Z. Baumgartner
19 G. Bruni
20 F. Massa

all red front row, then the BAR's behind. Pizzonia outqualified montoya though not by much. hopefully the race will be more competitive though the ferrari's seem to be in control.

about the button saga i don't think he should levae. bar are not just an up and coming and improving team but they look to be even more competitive next season and may even be in with a chance at the title. at any rate they look to finish third in the contructors championship.

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
and with ferrari's seventh one two finish of the season, the constructors title is given to ferrari for a record sixth time and at spa schumi could wrap up the driver's title. schumi's now got 12 wins in this season so that's another record, as well as seven in a row.here's the full result:

1. michael schumacher
2. rubens barrichello
3. fernando alonso
4. juan pablo montoya
5. jenson button
6. takumo sato
7. pizzonia
8. fisichella
9. coulthard
10. webber
11. panis
12. heidfeld
13. klien
14. bruni
15. baumgartner

not an exciting race, too predictable. all the teams just seem to be underperforming compared to ferrari. even bar could only muster a solid performance of points and no podium. is jenson going to finally win a race this season? he really deserves it! and what happened to mclaren! their new car is not living up to expectations and more than anyone else i feel sorry for kimi who i think could win a drivers championship but the car just isn't performing and i can't remember the last time he finished a race!

Rex

Reaction score
I added the facts; Schumi makes 62nd poles, 82nd career win and outpacing his win record he made in 2002 plus together with Rubens helps the team winning the 6th in row constructors champion. Scuderia extends the records!

Expect not much if you saw the track is far from easy to overtake such as Hungaroring. Look, Montoya seemed lose his enjoyable moments with Williams, Sam Michael has changed mind for the unuse-Walrus nose..and McLaren..I must say MP4-19B has nothing to be proved either!

Rex

Reaction score
14th Round, Belgian GP at Spa-Francorchamps on August 29, 2004

Absent last year, Spa is now back on calendar this season. Predicated as the best circuit chosen by either engineers or drivers, the longest lap of the year and being favoured by top drivers. Even it had been a change particularly to the circuit at the last 'Bus Stop' corner will slow the cars down slightly, yet none of circuit gets high plus assessment but Spa. Eau Rouge and Blanchimont certainly will give enjoyable move and exciting about to watch to. And Spa is supreme challenge more than anything.

Ayrton Senna, Mika Hakkinen and Michael Schumacher performed well in there; Senna won 5 times, Schumacher this year could likely creating 7th win wonder. His first career win created at Spa when driving Jordan in 1991 and continued again at following year took first podium when defending Benetton.

This track technically needs aerodynamics efficiency, high-speed stability, traction, decent balance and good turn-in are factors that you can't leave behind. You can show your capability of making overtaking manoeuvre here, as I wish to tell you, accident rate at Spa is terribly high. Plus you also have to take into account the notoriously fickle wheather conditions, which can completely upselt all of your careful calculations.

It would be a singularly appropriate location if, he would be creating 13th season win and being the highest of world champion's record holder if he clinches his 7th world wonder this weekend.

The closest rival is his team-mate Rubens only could aftering his standing table but not pretty enough to fail everything insight of ahead.

Who can stop Schumi this time?

Rex

Reaction score
I almost forgot this: :D

Well Kimi has beaten 7th Schumi's consecutive season win. It's good for McLaren to showing they're back again but it should've become homework for fixing irreliability and inconsistency at following rounds.

Schumi has done it. ;) The world champion has extended the record of 7th world wonder, beaten up the records which were made others previously world champion era that to whom he is far leaving behind about. Well victory laps at Monza will be a special way as it comes essentially to 'attest' his 7th world wonder in front of most Scuderia fans.

Congrats Scuderia, Forza Schumi and Forza Rubens!! :proud: :cool:

Toast for everything! :)

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Schumi definitly made bored Formula 1 .. Ferrari strategy is very strong .. and what happened last race with Michelin tyres ? hehehe Batton was very lucky!

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Acmilan.com
ROSSONERO BRAZILIANS TO THE MONZA RACE TRACK
03 September 2004 16:11

Nelson Dida, Marcos Cafu, Kaka and Serginho spent the whole morning at the Monza race track, along with the Formula one pilots. The 'tour' started at 11am CET, along with race director Daniele Galbiati. They did not meet their fellow countryman Rubens Barrichello as scheduled, but talked a lot with Williams Bmw pilot Pizzonia; then they had a look at the cars. The visit, which was hailed by great enthusiasm at the paddock, ended at Toyota, where the Brazilians were received by test-pilot Ricardo Zonta. Cafu said: 'The Monza race track is more beautiful than I had expected. To see the cars speeding on the track at over 300km an hour gave me a special emotion.' Cafu also spoke about the upcoming season which kicks off in the day of of the Monza granprix. He said: 'We'll try to win again the title, and along with this, the Champions League. It will be a hard season because the other teams have really reinforced.' Kaka did not want to spoil the party with the question of the national team. He objected: 'I don't want to speak about it. The Brazilian national team have called me up since I was child, I'm sure they'll do it again.'

--

Interesting ;)

Claudia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaka, Rui Costa, Totti
Yes they were in monza yesterday...

51258790.jpg

51258770.jpg

bye

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
thnx for the pictures ;) Can u give me the source where u get this gettyimages?

Rex

Reaction score
besikaka said:
Schumi definitly made bored Formula 1 .. Ferrari strategy is very strong .. and what happened last race with Michelin tyres ? hehehe Batton was very lucky!

Sorry besi, Ferrari is perfect team and Schumi is completely perfect driver. Period. ;)

Rex

Reaction score
Two rounds left, Japanese and Brazilian GP.

B.A.R and Renault will have to aiming 2nd constructor which is an ambitious target to finish it. Renault won't give up, but B.A.R certainly keeps maintaining the spot. Watch the final of season.

Silly season isn't over yet. Jacques Villenueve will make debut return next season, he seems joining Sauber. DC is still uncertain.

Headlines; Silverstone might be out of calendar next year. :rolleyes:

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
Rex said:
Headlines; Silverstone might be out of calendar next year. :rolleyes:

After Shanghai wowed the audiences it's a matter of can they get the old track up to the standards set by these new tracks. However, tracks like Monza have so much history that they can't get rid of them. SIlverstone just doesn't have the facilities but I don't think it should be taken off the calendar. The race is always exciting. This should be funded by the government to improve it

Also the Japanese qualy has been postponed because of a typhoon - sounds like a wet race

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti said:
However, tracks like Monza have so much history...
No track has more history than Silverstone! It was the home of the first ever Grand Prix, and is the only track to host a race every year in F1's 50 year history. Need I say more, Mr. Greed?

Rex

Reaction score
.......SIlverstone just doesn't have the facilities but I don't think it should be taken off the calendar. The race is always exciting. This should be funded by the government to improve it

I've found it from another source..and please read it.

"The reason for this exclusion is reported that track owners could not fulfill the monetary requirement that Bernie Ecclestone demanded from them. The track has also been in news for criticism over lack of upgrades to the circuit in the recent years. Another reason for this is the emergence of new tracks in the Asian countries, which seems to be more open to the ideas of Tobacco promotions that European tracks are discouraging due to government regulations. In this year alone, 2 new Asian tracks were added to the calendar, Bahrain and China. Incidentally, both were applauded for the facilities. With more new tracks like in Turkey coming up, the old tracks are finding it hard to please the F1 authorities."

But there are much progress here...

[11/10/04 - 02:53](f1.racing-live.com)

Mosley confident of solution for British GP
The race will probably happen next year...

Max Mosley, the president of Formula One's governing body the FIA, said Sunday that he is optimistic that the British Grand Prix will go ahead next year.

The race had been in doubt because Silverstone has yet to agree a deal with Formula One commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

"I hope and think in the end a solution will be found and it will be on as usual," Mosley told BBC Sport.

Mosley said the race would probably be given a provisional slot when the calendar is published on October 13. "At the moment, as I understand it, there is still no contract between Bernie and the organisers," Mosley said. "So if Bernie puts it on the calendar he proposes to the FIA on Wednesday it will only be in some sort of provisional form."

Mosley said he thought the race would "probably" happen next year. A consortium called Brand Synergy, which includes former world champion Nigel Mansell, claims to have secured a seven-year deal with Ecclestone to promote the race, and that it will stay at Silverstone. But the owners of the Northamptonshire circuit, the British Racing Drivers' Club (BRDC), say they have not yet reached a deal with Brand Synergy.

Mosley said: "It's primarily a question of money, and if they (Brand Synergy) know where the money's coming from they can probably say fairly definitely if it is going to happen."

Source AFP

Also the Japanese qualy has been postponed because of a typhoon - sounds like a wet race

Suzuka was just fine. All-Schumacher wins 1-2 positions. Another displays of this brothers that I've wanted to see. Nice to see Ralf's revival after coming back from piteous tragedy at Indy which might ended up his career. Plus I pointed up that the impressive displays of B.A.R will make them easier to lock the ambitious of 2nd constructors..

Schumi extends 13th season wins..:cool:;)

guimaldini

Primavera
Reaction score
Button will be in BAR for 1 more year... Pizzonia and Coultard seem to be the next Williams' choices...

Rex

Reaction score
guimaldini said:
Button will be in BAR for 1 more year... Pizzonia and Coultard seem to be the next Williams' choices...

Finally. Good for Button. B.A.R is too good to leave, at least it has labeled the most improved team of the year.

Pizzonia should've become first choice, I think. His impressive display definitely given him credit to fill in the seat. This young man's capability says it all.

Rex

Reaction score
(f1.racing-live.com)

The end of an era
2004 Season - Jaguar Racing - Review

The 2004 season marked the end of an era with Ford announcing in September that the car-maker would cease all Formula One activities. Not only would the Jaguar Racing team be sold or closed down, so would Cosworth – a name legendary in Formula One.

Jaguar started the season with high hopes that the R5 would prove a big improvement over previous cars, while Cosworth came up with the new CR6 design. On the driving front Mark Webber was joined by the little-known F3 racer Christian Klien. 18 races later and the ‘for sale’ board was out and the team had secured ten championship points and beaten Toyota to seventh place in the constructors’ championship.

In between, it was a fairly typical season for Jaguar Racing politics aside. The second round of the championship in Malaysia saw Webber qualify the R5 in an astonishing second position, splitting the two Ferraris of Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello. Sadly, Webber flattered only to deceive at Sepang as the R5 was soon out of the race following a high-speed spin. The car and both drivers showed impressive speed on occasion in 2004, but the whole package lacked consistency.

Webber brought the team the first point of the season with his eighth position in Bahrain from 14th position on the grid. A seventh position would follow at Nurburgring, then an eigth at Silverstone and a sixth at Hockenheim. By this point, it had been announced that the Australian driver would race with BMW Williams in 2005 and Webber did not finish in the points in the final six races of the year.

While Webber scored his seven championship points, Christian Klien was busy learning what being a Formula One driver was all about. The young Austrian driver put in a good performance all season, especially when one considers the high regard Webber receives. Klien’s only points paying position came at Spa Francorchamps following a solid drive to sixth position. The very same day, team- mate Webber had crashed out following a rookie error.

While the future of the team is not known, 2004 was another typical Jaguar season. Ten points in 2004 compares to 18 in 2003, eight in 2002, nine in 2001 and four in 2000. Progress has been made each year, but the progress is in line with Jaguar’s main rivals ensuring that in effect, the team has stood still. Perhaps this is why after two years at Jaguar, Mark Webber’s best finish in the sport remains his fifth place scored in a Minardi.

Jaguar Racing, 2004 facts

Race drivers: Mark Webber, Christian Klien
Test drivers: Bjorn Wirdheim
Championship points: 10
Best result: Sixth (Webber, Hockenheim – Klien, Spa)
Starts: 36
Finishes: 24

Rex

Reaction score
Sauber are reportedly have been switched the rubber supplier for next season. They will use Michelin tyres. Speculation last month linked both Toyota and Honda to Bridgestone for 2005 and following the announcement; it is more likely than ever that Toyota will switch to Bridgestone for 2005.

Michelin will run five of the nine teams (B.A.R, Renault, Williams, McLaren, and Sauber) whilst Bridgestone for opposing teams namely Ferrari, Jordan, Minardi, and Toyota (if this Toyota issue comes true). (f1.racing-live.com)

Rex

Reaction score
Good News For F1. :)

Ford Motor Company and Cosworth are jointly announcing on November 15, 2004 that Cosworth has been purchased by Kevin Kalkhoven and Gerald Forsythe, co-owners of the Champ Car World Series and heads of the PKV and Forsythe Championship Racing Champ Car teams, respectively.

Separately the news were reportedly, Ford announced the sale of Jaguar Racing to Red Bull. As part of the deal the new Red Bull F1 team will continue to use Cosworth engines next year. This announcement, together with the news that Minardi will also be using Cosworth engines in 2005, helps underpin Cosworth’s long and ongoing role as an F1 engine supplier. (f1.racing-live.com)

Rex

Reaction score
I almost forgot about this crucial matter.

Silverstone and Magny-Cours will still have on calendar next season. :cool:

Rex

Reaction score
FIA confirm ten-team 2005 entry list. (TBA=To Be Announced)

1. Michael Schumacher (D / Ferrari)
2. Rubens Barrichello (BR / Ferrari)
3. Jenson Button (GB / BAR-Honda)
4. Takuma Sato (J / BAR-Honda)
5. Fernando Alonso (E / Renault)
6. Giancarlo Fisichella (I / Renault)
7. Mark Webber (AUS / BMW Williams)
8. TBA (BMW Williams)
9. Kimi Raikkonen (FIN / McLaren Mercedes)
10. Juan Pablo Montoya (CO / McLaren Mercedes)
11. Jacques Villeneuve (CDN / Sauber Petronas)
12. Felipe Massa (BR / Sauber Petronas)
14. TBA (Jaguar Cosworth*)
15. TBA (Jaguar Cosworth*)
16. Jarno Trulli (I / Toyota)
17. Ralf Schumacher (D / Toyota)
18. TBA (Jordan Toyota)
19. TBA (Jordan Toyota)
20. TBA (Minardi)
21. TBA (Minardi)

* The team applied for a change of name (Red Bull Racing).

And following their recent engine agreement with Toyota, for the purposes of the 2005 constructors' championship, Jordan will be known as Jordan Toyota.

Minardi are the only squad not to confirm a finalised team name or engine supplier on the entry list, though they are expected to run with Cosworth power.

Names of drivers are subject to the granting of a Super Licence and to the agreement of the Contract Recognition Board.

In accordance with Article 58 of the 2005 Formula One Sporting Regulations, drivers may be nominated and/or changed until 16.00 hrs on March 3, 2005.

Source FIA

(formula1.com and f1.racing-live.com)

Last edited:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
FORZA BUTTON!!

I am sick to see Schumi wining anymore hehe ..

Barremans

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu
Zsolt Baumgarter willl probably stay at Minardi, for the other place in the minardi team are several others interested, Jos Verstappen, love to see him back in F1, a great racer with bad luck to end up in bad teams, Christian Albers, another dutch races and a great prospect who does well in DTM. Third candidate is Gianmaria Bruni who drove last year for minardi.

Let's hope this year get's more interesting then last year, Schumi-domination is notfun to watch

Rex

Reaction score
Button just realized he had done wrong not to speak first to his bos David Richards regarding the B.A.R - Williams clash which he would have wanted to join Frank Williams' team in 2005. :tongue:

Rex

Reaction score
And David Richards is now out of job due to Honda officially has bought up 45% of B.A.R shares. His place to be filled in by Nick Fry.

guimaldini

Primavera
Reaction score
Australia - march 6
Malasia - march 20
Bahrein - april 3
San Marino - april 24
Spain - may 8
Monaco - may 22
Europe - may 29
Canada - june 12
USA - june 19