Clarence Seedorf Thread

When will he get rid of the black scarf?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
You have turned in to a pro seedorf.. Some of his squad selections are questionable, and u have to admit that

Bro, I'm pretty I was the first pro Clarence on this board.
You see the C4C everyone is mocking atm? yeah...

I'm not saying he's been perfect since his arrival. I'm just stating that judgement should be postponed until end of next year. Said this many times. And there can be made cases for these 'questionable' decisions, read my post above.

stephni

Banned
Reaction score
Seedorf wont be here next season

Berlusconi will sack him in January, but the problem is that we will end without Balotelli, De Sciglio or Abate, Gabriel, because Seedorf will sell them to get Adebayor, Sagna and Alex. We will end with fodders.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
this season was doomed long before he accepted milan's offer.let him work in peace and do his moves in tactics and transfer market.after that we can all blame him from the very first game of next season.at least he will have the responsibility for whatever happens.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Hey Clarence if a new project is underway, why don't you at least use some guys from the primavera? Whatever happened with Cristante. Come on, I get the team isn't great, but at least spice things up a little by playing young players in the lineup, we're playing for nothing atm...this is the best momento to use them

what a troll:lol::fp::thumbsdown:

Jinjo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Trolls asking for youth when the only youth available is Sapo, who has been givin chances and has been shit.

profpk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Such a Leo vibe so far... Hope he proves it wrong.

leo atleast got Ronaldinho to work hard in a 4-2-fantasia formation... seedorf got balo to work in a few games, and then things are gone to normal

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Sunday March 16 2014 Seedorf: 'Milan listen to ultras'

Clarence Seedorf explained why he and Milan players met with ultras leaders after a 4-2 defeat to Parma, assuring he is “not arrogant.”

This was the fourth consecutive defeat between Serie A and Champions League, conceding eight goals in the last two.

There were protests before and during the game, while a group of players including Ricky Kaka, Mario Balotelli and the Coach went out to meet four ultras leaders after the match. Only after this encounter did Seedorf speak to the media.

These are delicate situations with people who have this club in their heart, both on and off the field,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

The meeting was very peaceful, they expressed their sentiments, but nothing in particular happened.

They all want what is best for Milan, so after two years of suffering they felt the need to express their emotions

I have experienced this before, yes, at Botafogo a less calm one! We were fourth in the table and fighting to get into the Libertadores, so there was a feeling of worry.

I was there briefly and there were also some positive things said, as everyone has great respect for the jersey.

Sometimes it helps just to listen and give the fans a voice, so they know we hear them

After Atletico Madrid and Juventus, the fans applauded, as they appreciated the performance and the hard work. It’s not for me to explain their reasons.

Milan had fought back from 2-0 down for 2-2, but capitulated late on 4-2 to Parma with Christian Abbiati sent off after five minutes.

The players gave all they had today, trying to get back a game that started in the worst possible way.

It was a strange game and obviously the red card after five minutes changed everything.

The lads did well to fight back to 2-2, but their determination to get the victory ended up leaving the team unbalanced and we suffered this defeat

We never gave up. At half-time I told the players to believe, as even with 10 men we’ve seen before that teams can improve and get important results. They did well to get back on the field with that reaction and on 2-2 we perhaps should’ve read the situation better to avoid the counter-attack.

Riccardo Montolivo started in a new trequartista role alongside Kaka and Andrea Poli behind Balotelli.

It’s a shame, he got a knock and is in hospital for tests. I cannot judge his performance in that role, as I had to change everything after six minutes!

He was in the best shape over the last few days and had recovered better after Madrid, so it’s a real shame we didn’t have time to play this way properly.

Seedorf again hinted that Massimiliano Allegri’s tenure was behind the current problems, something he already said after the defeats to Juventus and Atletico Madrid.

I will defend these colours right to the end. All problems that have come before and the journey to get us to this point is the past, so we must look forward and find a way to fix the problems. There’s no point finding a scapegoat.

It requires more focus and concentration, as we pay a heavy price for every mistake and that’s what happens when a team is in a negative spiral.

I continue to believe we will change the situation, get the best out of the players for the rest of the season and form a competitive side for next year.

Considering the references to Allegri, Seedorf was asked whether he ought to be more humble and self-critical.

I think my humility is in the hard work I do every day. I don’t see that I’ve done or said anything arrogant. In my view I’m pretty objective.

I know that I have much to learn and have just started my coaching career, but I’ve also worked in this world for over 20 years and I know what the players are going through.

I accept everyone’s opinions, as long as they are constructive. We admitted Atletico Madrid were stronger, so how was that not humble?

Jinjo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Seedorf states the fact that the team he inherited cant play more than 65 minutes and people get mad at him lol.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Look, I'm not Clarence, nor do I agree with ALL of his decisions, nor do I think he's been perfect in his time here. I'm just optimistic about his potential as a trainer as he proved to be a smart player and human being in his playing career at Milan. It's clear he has a vision and he needs to be given time to project it on his OWN group of players, not Allegri's squad, not Galliani's squad.

-

Cristante is not ready for a DM role at all, he drifts too much out of games and is still error prone. It's understandable he hasn't played much as our hopes for an EL spot were alive until arguably today. Petagna (we're talking about the 18 yo kid that set Samp on fire right :rolleyes:) can't be considered a legititmate CF option as of yet. As for De Sciglio, Abate already has one foot outside of San Siro. De Sciglio is going to be our future RB, not LB. Do I think Urby is good enough to be a starting LB? No. But is Constant that much better?

-

It's funny that people say we aren't experimenting with tactics. Because we started out with Taarabt-Kaka-Honda as the AM line, today we played Kaka-Montolivo-Poli, and vs Juventus + Atletico we played Poli in the hole. Clarence talked about formation only existing in defense, in his vision, the front 6 should be a fluid entity. When Honda was played at RAM, he drifted centrally many times. His issue is not the RAM to CAM position change.

-

The mentality of this team is not the only thing wrong with this squad. But it's a legitimate problem we're dealing with. People on this forum laugh it off, mentality hurr hurr, hugs hurr durr. I'm sure you all got a better view on the players mentalities and moods than the goddamn COACH :o

De Sciglio is starting LB in Nazionale. Urby only start because he is close friend of Seedorf. De sciglio plays LB better Urby.

Urby is offensive fullback??? fuck, he can't driblle, he is brainess when he get forward, and his cross is average. Urby only good because he base on his speed. and urby is coward, he can't play big game, let seen urby played against Arsenal, ...

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
allegri was never the problem, and neither is seedorf. the problem is much bigger lol. seedorf lacks expierence that allegri had but both are/worked in an environement where barbara and galliani are fighting for power

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not saying he's been perfect since his arrival. I'm just stating that judgement should be postponed until end of next year. Said this many times.

This reminds me of the Manure-haters trolling Manure fans with "Moyes deserves more seasons".

Seedorf showed nothing to deserve this job(unless you see this job as punishment or include deluding Berlu) and you think he deserves another season even if he shows nothing positive in his first 6 months?(which he so far hasn't)

Not having another disastrous season doesn't seem to be the top priority for you. If it was, then you'd prefer a proven coach for next season instead of someone who has done nothing to show he's qualified for the job - not before or after he was given the job.

Oh, and DES doesn't have to be our "future RB", he can also be our "future LB", like Lahm with BM. In fact, that's where his best performances have come from and he recently confessed it is his preferred role.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
allegri was never the problem, and neither is seedorf. the problem is much bigger lol. seedorf lacks expierence that allegri had but both are/worked in an environement where barbara and galliani are fighting for power

Allegri is a mediocre coach.
Seedorf is a movie coach.
Galliani is an incompetent overpaid egomaniac.

This club has tons of problems - not just one. Berlu is the root of most of them.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria

This club has tons of problems - not just one. Berlu is the root of most of them.

I disagree with your first three statements, but agree with the last one.

Miss Stardust

The Snow Queen
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaka, Gerrard, Inzaghi, El Sharaawy, Iker Casillas, Cristiano Ronaldo.
Parts of Sconcerti's article attacking Seedorf on Corrieredella Serra:

"Seedorf is doing a bad job and it's not fair to blame others"

"Milan have not lost three consecutive games in the league since October 2006 seven and a half years ago."

"Teams like Parma, Torino, Sampdoria, & even Sassuolo have an identity which Milan don't. This shows that the players don't trust the coach or maybe they don't understand each other"

"Seedorf has everything to become a great coach, but he has shown nothing yet.. Maybe he can't communicate well with the players, and he's like an artist that no one understands.. Big managers like Rocco and Mourinho are those that know how to communicate with the players and explain to them what they want"

Yeah, his tactics are useless. Why he uses Bonera, Essien, Urby and choose Honda in wrong position.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
The worrying part is that the two next games are away from home against Lazio and Fiorentina and we need to get at least 1 point otherwise the negative spiral will be too much (I don't know how anybody can justify 6 losses in a row)

While I don't think that he's the main culprit for any of the recent results, his work should be evaluated to be able to tell whether he needs another season (Sacchi came to replace Tabarez who was another Berlusconi choice, and after he finished in 11th place he was let go)

carlosmz_89

Banned
Reaction score
You have turned in to a pro seedorf.. Some of his squad selections are questionable, and u have to admit that

some is an understatement, dude is clueless. Hope we give him some other role, like a director's role or something, he is not our ideal coach. Way too much pressure on an inexperienced coach like him, besides I don't wish to see any disdainful remarks about dorf if he fails because he is our legend. For his sake, I hope he gets a different role in this club.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The worst milan I remember in years. Dorf and Moyes are competing for the worst coach and a start at the club in a decade.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The worrying part is that the two next games are away from home against Lazio and Fiorentina and we need to get at least 1 point otherwise the negative spiral will be too much (I don't know how anybody can justify 6 losses in a row)

While I don't think that he's the main culprit for any of the recent results, his work should be evaluated to be able to tell whether he needs another season (Sacchi came to replace Tabarez who was another Berlusconi choice, and after he finished in 11th place he was let go)

I am not expecting anything than 2 loses.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Parts of Sconcerti's article attacking Seedorf on Corrieredella Serra:

"Seedorf is doing a bad job and it's not fair to blame others"

"Milan have not lost three consecutive games in the league since October 2006 seven and a half years ago."

"Teams like Parma, Torino, Sampdoria, & even Sassuolo have an identity which Milan don't. This shows that the players don't trust the coach or maybe they don't understand each other"

"Seedorf has everything to become a great coach, but he has shown nothing yet.. Maybe he can't communicate well with the players, and he's like an artist that no one understands.. Big managers like Rocco and Mourinho are those that know how to communicate with the players and explain to them what they want"

Yeah, his tactics are useless. Why he uses Bonera, Essien, Urby and choose Honda in wrong position.

Even Mourinho had a hard time communicating to his current Chelsea team in the beginning, he had disagreements with Ashley Cole who he already knew, with Mata, De Bruyne and so on ... Communication or to be more accurate trust, is something that is gained over time and following some tension. Mourinho was lucky to have the quality players who can grind out tough results despite some of the tension around that eased pressure on him and allowed him to carry his work. Seedorf came into this unsolvable mess and immediately he's been put to the axe. I am not happy about the results but in the midst of all this bullshit going on I can sense there is something good that could come out of it all, and more importantly something that carries the Milan identity.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I disagree with your first three statements, but agree with the last one.

*Allegri is a mediocre coach?

He may not be real mediocre but close to it. Once, Ibra left, he really had not scheme. He was like most old Italian coaches where he preferred old and experienced rather than young and hungry. Albeit, he introduced SeS, DeSciglio and Niang, he mostly cuddled both Muntari and Nocerino and give them infinite playing time for one reason or other. While you and I disagree in the importance of Muntari, He was always a tactical disaster under Allegri and most of the time he was anywhere else besides the place he has to cover.

*Seedorf is a movie coach?

More like a noobie coach. It seems that he has personality but he is too bent of the 4-3-2-1 formation. We do nto have pieces that fit that formation. We have some that fit 4-3-3 and we have some that may fit 4-4-2. A good coach may do the best to get the best out of his players but I cannot blame Seedorf since this is his first job.

*Galliani is an incompetent overpaid egomaniac?

Overpaid? Maybe. Incompetent? Yes.
He has lost touch of how to build a team. He buys players at the end of mercato looking for the best bargain making our team never gel at all. Buys Genoa rejects. Spent our signing budget in the third CF of Ladri. (Thanks Allegri.) But most of all what is the point of getting free players if he overpays them like if there is no tomorrow. I do not see any logic on that.
I just going to mention some names: Taiwo, Vila, Traore, Birsa, Mesbah, Essien.

kosL

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Seedorf states the fact that the team he inherited cant play more than 65 minutes and people get mad at him lol.

What a stupid excuse. :lol:
He is simply an incompetent coach, nothing more.

kosL

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

:thumbsup:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Bi6RkEjIIAEY6G4.png:large

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even IF Seedorf gets fired, which I really doubt tbh, why would they hire another inexperienced coach in Inzaghi?
Wouldn't Donadoni or Spaletti be a better choice..

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Even IF Seedorf gets fired, which I really doubt tbh, why would they hire another inexperienced coach in Inzaghi?

:thumbsup: I rather have Seedo than " Donadoni or Spaletti"

-----------------------------------

Bi6kRctCAAAvoLm.png:large

Vlad

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Prandelli

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

So Dorf's more of winner than Allegri? What's the problem? :D Basically they win same but Allegri splits losses/draws evenly. Dorf has pretty much all losses :lol: Tbh we're better off firing him before wasting xmillions on Stam, Davids, Crespo. He should be doing much better with squad available. Reja, Mihajlovic, Gasperini all doing better with far less.

Schedule