Ronaldo Thread

Ronnieboy will

• Total voters

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Ronaldo can't be the main reason for our success in the Champions League, I don't see him even having 1% impact; Strikers didn't have much impact in our Champions League, it was mostly Kaka + Seedorf who play in different position than Ronaldo's.

Inzaghi didn't play regularly in Serie A even before Ronaldo signed, and remove his goal against Bayern & Gila's goal against Man Utd... and we still qualify.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Faяouk said:
Ronaldo can't be the main reason for our success in the Champions League, I don't see him even having 1% impact; Strikers didn't have much impact in our Champions League, it was mostly Kaka + Seedorf who play in different position than Ronaldo's.

Inzaghi didn't play regularly in Serie A even before Ronaldo signed, and remove his goal against Bayern & Gila's goal against Man Utd... and we still qualify.

Obviously I agree with most people here that our performances in the CL were not based on one individual but more of the whole team peaking at the right time despite Kaka's class being showed. Having an impact of less than 1%. You can't deny the fact that after signing Ronaldo the team had a different mentality, it was more determined and more relaxed, Kaka stepped up and carried the team and then the rest followed with better performances. Ronaldo may not have physically helped our CL success but mentally he played a major part.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
I must disagree. Ronaldo came after the January transfer window and since then we have been scoring regularly in Italy. When he came we had a lot of trouble....at one point things were so bad that we depended on outside shots from Janku and Kaka. After scoring these goals we held on for deal life, in many cases conceding draws. Since Ronaldo came he has directly assisted many players especially Gila, and his presence indirectly has made life easier for the others in terms of attack. This in turn would allow Carlo to put less strain on other players who would have to play their butts off twice per week.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Ronaldo has done good so far. Of course I still have my worries, but as I said before if its for the benefit of Milan, I prefer to be wrong in this things.

But I don't think he is the *only* reason why we have gotten better. We started comming back in mid December...winning, not playing pretty, but winning. Ronaldo arrived in February, and we did had some boost, but we were still more in the "winning not playing pretty"...and then came April came, and that's when we have been able to have a winning + playing pretty. And that change for me (if I had to highlight anything) came because the midfield finally clicked, simply because for Ancelotti's tactics, the midfield is fundamental in every aspect.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Whatever the case, Ronaldo contributing the UCL success this season is still an assumption. I could also assume that his arrival dented the moral of our other strikers ...

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Guys he had a positive impact and thats the important thing.
For a short period of time he scored 7goals ,assisted in few so overall I am happy with his performance....
I bet he will do even better next year....

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Ronaldo's ought to be given credit for giving the team a boost. But to say it was his arrival that spurred us all the towards the CL final is certainly stretching things too far.

I think Malta was crucial.

Absolutely crucial.

We've been a different team since then. Some ought to give credit to our physios and trainers. And yes, that intangible, Experience. And Carletto managing to bring the team together.

:beer:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Italian Tsar said:
I think Malta was crucial.

Absolutely crucial.

We've been a different team since then. Some ought to give credit to our physios and trainers. And yes, that intangible, Experience. And Carletto managing to bring the team together.
And to think so many of us were once badmouthing this expedition (including me).

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
BMWTaylor said:
And to think so many of us were once badmouthing this expedition (including me).
I don't remember any of us being complimentary about it when it was announced, to be honest.

Heartening to know they really knew what they were doing.

kats

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
Malta rocks!!

I watched the Milan Weekly show that featured the Malta trip a couple of times. It really looked like they had a great time. And the people were so excited to have them there. Of course, Paolo and Ricky got the most cheers when they arrived at the airport. Some girls were even crying. He.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
All of Them(AC Milan)
FESTA PER L' ADDIO AL CALCIO DI BILLY COSTACURTA

000003wfestaperladdioaldn6.jpg

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
no-one ever said he's fat for a regular person, he's fat for an athlete. However given his built, it is possible he's finally found his optimal weight.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
takahan said:
Not enough for what?
Not enough to perform like he once did. I'm not saying it's fat, but for a footballer is also not good to have too much muscles

MaldiniISgod

designated hippy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta
teis said:
Not enough to perform like he once did. I'm not saying it's fat, but for a footballer is also not good to have too much muscles

He is also alot older than he once was, you can't expect him to stay as in-shape as he was when he was 20 or 25 when he is 30.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
teis said:
Just say that to Franky Lampard and Adriano

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
MaldiniISgod said:
He is also alot older than he once was, you can't expect him to stay as in-shape as he was when he was 20 or 25 when he is 30.
Why not? He's not 50 years old. Other people can do it, now he must work during the summer to get in shape. He did good for us these 6 months, but next season he must get in shape.

MaldiniISgod

designated hippy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta
teis said:
Why not? He's not 50 years old. Other people can do it, now he must work during the summer to get in shape. He did good for us these 6 months, but next season he must get in shape.

Who are these "other people"? Name one player who has improved (physically) after injuries and age.

Also, how fucking thin do you want the guy? If he is a fucking twig then he is going to get pushed around like a little bitch upfront. You need to learn logic my friend, and stop supporting anorexia.

Last edited:

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
MaldiniISgod said:
Who are these "other people"? Name one player who has improved (physically) after injuries and age.

Also, how fucking thin do you want the guy? If he is a fucking twig then he is going to get pushed around like a little bitch upfront. You need to learn logic my friend, and stop supporting anorexia.

LOL

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
MaldiniISgod said:

LOL @ anorexia
i personally do not want him as thin as inzaghi ( :cry: ) it would definately not suit him,....and he doesnt need to look like a anorexic bitch but just go from FLAB to FAB lol
replace the fat and huge stomach with abs ;)

in the pic above, he looks pretty good imo, even the abs..

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
teis said:

Well I think fat Ron is far better than the combine effort of Inzaghi, Gila, and Oli in this season. So I think Is okie to be fat.

Maradona is also fat and yet he is rated as the world best footballer

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
takahan said:
Well I think fat Ron is far better than the combine effort of Inzaghi, Gila, and Oli in this season. So I think Is okie to be fat.

Maradona is also fat and yet he is rated as the world best footballer
I'm not saying he plays bad, but why settle for a player playing at 80% of his abilities when he could play at 100%

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
teis said:
I'm not saying he plays bad, but why settle for a player playing at 80% of his abilities when he could play at 100%

I doubt Ronaldo can play at 100% of his abilities again,
He no longer has the pace and strength he used to have.
But then again a 80% Ronaldo is good enough.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
takahan said:
I doubt Ronaldo can play at 100% of his abilities again,
He no longer has the pace and strength he used to have.
But then again a 80% Ronaldo is good enough.
Give me one reason why he couldn't play at 100% again. And no bullshit about his age

Schedule