Who will get to the final?

• Total voters

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
I hate Jabulani. Seemed to be offsided.

Is it true that Arsenal offered 42 mil to hire Ozil?

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Go listen to what Loew said & he is a manager of the team that just got destroyed by the Spanish.

Just keep your German hatred aside for once Wild.

51% possesion and a 1-0 scoreline is hardly 'destroyed'. Serious over exaggeration.

And pls don't bring up shots on goal or any other bullshit stat. Because in that case Inter got DESTROYED by every team in the UCL.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Well, bad for Calum. :D

But hey Wild, don't be that mad just because this year you're needing to cheer for such a small team like Spain. You can always cheer for my country in 2014. You can even come here and watch the World Cup live! You're gonna love it! Not only because of the football but also because here we can let the sun shining our heads. It's amazing! :D

ROFL! Post of year....

I agree with you all that sideways passing is seen as the tactic of gods if played by Spain, Fartha or Arsenal. Yet when Milan play it. People will go "Oh, look how shit they are, they're so slow and they create nothing. Despite playing exactly the same as Spain and Fartha who we adore ceremoniously"

What a load of crap.

You can't say that Italian football is boring and then go and say Fartha and Spain play nice football. It just isn't true. Arsenal are better as they actually attack a lot and it's fast paced. All of the other 3 are just slow and boring, and i admit that.

This is I slightly agree and disagree. Just cause arsenal play faster doesn't make them better. For me ancelotti's football @ chelsea is much better than wengers (not to say i dont like arsenals) but cause they control the tempo more so and change speed of game to there advantage.

For me... barca's pace is best f trio.... milan is too slow (for obvious reasons). Milan can't speed it up unless it's directly pato speeding it up.

My issue is fact the minute they score they back up shop and play keep away like they're on school yard. Zero attempt to go for a second. It's fine... its effective and i respect that, but don't tell me it's idealistic.

There's more than one way to play good football and win. So shut your mouth spain with your idealism BS. Thats what pisses me off..

Yeah , something like what the germs did vs Spain.
And Spain is Villa dependent that they played their best game when Villa had his worst game in this world cup.

actually think this shows torres worth. Even horribly off form, having another CF opens up space for villa. Commit defenders to torres gives villa space to score.

not suprising they couldn't score a first goal from open play w/o torres in the world cup. Otherwise the 4-5-1 leads to just alot of possession with no finality

Last edited:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Just keep your German hatred aside for once Wild.

51% possesion and a 1-0 scoreline is hardly 'destroyed'. Serious over exaggeration.

And pls don't bring up shots on goal or any other bullshit stat. Because in that case Inter got DESTROYED by every team in the UCL.
Am not talking about possession but rather how Germany wasnt able to get into the game.

Germany looking like a world class team in most of the game then vs Spain looking average unable to get pass the midfield loosing possession easily making errors is just an indication how much better the rivals are.

Just read what you posted :
"My compliments to Spain and the coach [Vicente del Bosque] because they played an excellent game.

"In the last two or three years, they have been the best team. We were never able to get into this match compared to previous games.

"We couldn't do anything and they deserved to beat us.

"We saw straight away that it wasn't our game. We didn't have the courage and we knew were behind them in terms of play. It was difficult for us to get the ball as they have great skills.

"It is hard to understand why we didn't play as we wanted."

Inter on the other hand looked like a team with a plan.
Not having much possession but always making the passes they tried + almost always looked ready to score.
Comparing germs vs Spain with Inter is as idiotic as comparing Barca or Spain with the current Milan.

About germs getting better with time how do you really know ?
I mean this could be the peak of this team & its young age + hunger is his best attribute & maybe with time his best plus would get less.
You are so becoming like Pirlo's fan when its about Germany.
If the team was more experienced & if ........ then ............

Last edited:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
My issue is fact the minute they score they back up shop and play keep away like they're on school yard. Zero attempt to go for a second. It's fine... its effective and i respect that, but don't tell me it's idealistic.
Whats more idealistic than totally neutralizing a world class attack + efficient machine like Germany ?
What do you expect em to do really ?
Attacking = creating chances to score.
So its insane to hint about their attacking mentality when they had 6 or 7 chances more than a team who is supposed to be an attacking freak.
About their style well its their style.
They wear their rivals with passes before Xavi or Inie or Villa make a sudden move or pass.
Its so fucking Milan man.
You think Milan score 4 against Barca by bombarding them with continuous attack ?
Continuous pressure + hard work to get the ball back + shut em down then with the ball possession before Boban or Dona with some creativity & some finishing.

actually think this shows torres worth. Even horribly off form, having another CF opens up space for villa. Commit defenders to torres gives villa space to score.

not suprising they couldn't score a first goal from open play w/o torres in the world cup. Otherwise the 4-5-1 leads to just alot of possession with no finality
Aint this what I said just few days ago & you was countering it ?
Villa is more dangerous when he isnt the one who is supposed to finish.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Inter on the other hand looked like a team with a plan.
Not having much possession but always making the passes they tried + almost always looked ready to score.
Comparing germs vs Spain with Inter is as idiotic as comparing Barca or Spain with the current Milan.

LOL! When did I ever compare the teams? What I said was that Germany attempted to play Spain the way Inter played Barca. What I also said was that Germany was unable to do this because they don't have the players.

And obviously Inter looked like a team with a plan. It is a club! Whose players play together for a WHOLE season. Not a month or whenever there is a friendly/qualifiers. Spain have 7 starters (if not mistaken) from Barca. It must have been REAL hard for them to Gel.

About germs getting better with time how do you really know ?
I mean this could be the peak of this team & its young age + hunger is his best attribute & maybe with time his best plus would get less.

You are right. This is the best Germany is capable of. Only Spanish and Brazilian youngsters get better with time. Got it.

You are so becoming like Pirlo's fan when its about Germany.If the team was more experienced & if ........ then ............

Yup. Great comparison. German, who has history, who has dominated World football in different eras, who has once again built a solid foundation for the future, who the ENTIRE WORLD is looking up to, is exactly the same as being the fan of a midget who couldn't even dominate his club, let alone the world.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You bet I will!

I would argue but when you compared Ambrosini with Torres, I concluded that it doesn't worth an answer.

I'm just trying to understand how some of you guys fell in love with Milan. I guess you think this club is from Spain.

You better cheer for Recreativo Hueva. At least they never had Ancelotti.

No arguments? Proud of you bro, i guess you realized the declaring the x player billion times better than the y player probably doesnt even convince 5 year olds.

Well, let me know if you find some disgusting quote of me slobbering over spain, real or barca. (you wont but fell free to put something out of context if you really feel the need to prove your ''have zomething good to say bout spain = spain lover, fake milanista DERP'' theory.)

BTW speaking of fake milan fans i noticed you dont really dabate milan that much (at all). Now its cool if you possibly aint a milan fan and just joined the site to talk about the WC an all but at least try not question other peoples love for milan in the process than, ok? Thnx<3

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah if this Spanish team is overrated then I really dont know what do you call their rivals who were supposed to carry the beautiful football flag of this world banging teams 4 & 5 goals & yet played with all the team minus Klose behind the ball.
I really cant wait to hear your constructive criticism of that team.

Germany set out to play their usual counter-attacking style, a style I like a lot. They allowed themselves to be pinned back due to poor decision-making and a lack of composure on the break. They were beaten by a much better side.

And Spain is Villa dependent that they played their best game when Villa had his worst game in this world cup.

As I've already said, I think the introduction of Pedro improved Spain massively. It meant that Villa was moved into a role in which he was less effective, but Pedro's movement allowed Spain to attack with greater purpose as a team, rather than relying solely on Villa to provide a spark in the final third.

Teams tend to look to the easiest way out of problems same as every person in this world.
So if they have someone who can make em win faster then why this is a problem ?
Inter had Zlatan & they used him but as soon as he was gone they played even better.

You're arguing a completely different point here. Again, I was speaking about the general perception of a team's style, not about their effectiveness. What I was saying is that teams have been heavily criticised by the media and the public for being dependent on a single player - Inter being a prime example of that. Whether or not they're better without Ibrahimovic (although I agree that they are) is besides the point here.

And dont fool yourself , considering Messi or Villa Barca & Spain is plain ridiculous since their strength is Xavi + co & their impressive ability to force their style in 99% of the games they play.
Keep the core of both team & replace those Villa or Messi with any other good ST & you wont miss much but replace Xavi & co while keeping Villa then you wont have the same Spain.
If you must say then they are Xavi-Inie reliant than anything else.

I would never deny the importance of Spain's midfield. As you say, that's how they're able to impose themselves on matches, and in that way the midfielders create the circumstances for Villa to work his magic. What I'm arguing is that the possession they have is often directionless, and they haven't been opening teams up with their passing the way they're capable of doing. They're fantastic at getting the ball to 30 yards from goal and keeping it there, but before they brought in Pedro they tended to need Villa to do the rest on his own.

And how many movers you require in a team so you give you approval ?

:rolleyes:

8. What percentage of possession do you require a team to have for them to get approval? I want an exact figure.

It doesnt mean you know nothing but it means you are just taking a piss.
Criticizing a team for not playing entertaining football against a team who played with 10 men behind the ball scream blind biased than ignorant.

I cant wait for you to write examples about teams who simply destroy teams they play like what Milan used to do & what Spain is doing & yet the media & the public criticize.

You're obviously not very familiar with British pundits. On countless occasions over the years, British sides have come up against continental teams who keep the ball for 90 minutes, and as often as not commentators have dismissed them as slow and methodical. For large parts of last season, before the English media decided they loved them, Chelsea were criticised for playing with a lack of width and pace, and just trying to wear teams down.

When did Italy ever destroyed a team as big as Germany playing negative football like they did & yet got the shit ?
I mean you are gonna sit & tell me Italy 100% controlled a game having x6 times more chances vs a team with 10 men behind the ball & end up wining & yet ppl criticized em ? :)
What happened next ? your mom woke you up to go to school ?

I'd be happy to answer this if it had any relevance to what I've been talking about. All I've been saying is that Spain are an example of how preconceptions about a team's playing style affect the way the media and the fans perceive them.

The example of Italy was purely hypothetical. So I suppose you win, in the sense that you've proven that my hypothetical example wasn't a historical fact. :rolleyes:

If you want a current example of the effect of preconceived ideas about a team's style, look at the way the British media have spoken about Uruguay in this World Cup. Uruguay have played with 3 strikers, and have generally taken a pretty positive approach in their matches. And yet because they were a team of savages a few decades ago, pundits still speak about them as no more than a dogged defensive side.

Then there's Germany. Germany played some beautiful stuff against England and Argentina. And yet they were still described as "ruthlessly efficient", based on nothing other than the stereotypical view of Germany's style. And yet Spain, who really have been ruthlessly efficient (and I admire them for it, despite the conclusions you seem to have jumped to), are viewed as the epitome of free-flowing, creative play.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Joachim Loew:
"Our analysis ...

"The way that Italy won the title in 2006, by defending and winning by a single goal, is no longer possible – you don’t get anywhere playing like that nowadays. We planned the World Cup all the way to the final.”
More LOL at that analysis.
OptaJoe

10 - Ten of the 12 matches #ESP Spain & #NED Netherlands have played at the 2010 #worldcup have been decided by a one-goal margin. Wafer.

Schedule