Paolo Maldini Thread

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
best back line of all time....

Cafu--Beckenbaur--Baresi---Maldini--

Minus cafu, its a toss up on the other 3 on 'greatest'.... i do like how 3 are AC Milan defenders though (bias?...no :-D)

milan133

Forza Azzurri ;)
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini. Kaka. Pirlo. Nesta. Buffon. Toni. Cech. Van Persie. Fabregas. Rosicky
It was sad when I heard about his injury and that he will miss the rest of the season.. :head: he was playing really well in his last few games

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Maldini To Be Awarded FIFA Order Of Merit

FIFA is to bestow the Order of Merit on AC Milan legend Paolo Maldini, the Gazzetta dello Sport has revealed.

The FIFA Order of Merit is usually awarded to those who are considered to have made a significant contribution to football.

The prize is not necessarily just for footballers, as apart from the likes of Pele, Franz Beckenbauer and the only other Italian to have won the award so far, Dino Zoff, political figures such as Nelson Mandela and Henry Kissinger have also been recipients.

Maldini will become only the second Italian to win the award, following in the footsteps of 1982 World Cup-winning captain Dino Zoff.

The 39-year-old Maldini will receive the honour at the annual FIFA Congress in Sydney next month. The Milan captain is set to retire from football at the end of the season after a glorious career lasting almost a quarter-of-a-century.

He has won seven Scudetti, one Coppa Italia, five Italian Super Cups, five Champions League titles, five European Super Cups and three World Club Cups.

He is both Milan and Italy’s all-time appearance maker, and is regarded by some as the best defender in the history of the game.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=671558

We as Milan fans have been privilege to have Maldini trading his skill on our team. I can't think of a more worthy recepient!!!

FORZA MALDINI!!!

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
A well deserved honor for our captain! :star: :proud:

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Screw Fifa....they are trying to compensate for not giving him any WOPY...and for worshiping Faggio Can O' Guano :o

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
paolo deserves it he is awesome i am seeing maldini's dvd, sorry i admit it i am late.
still....
its awesome man,
"every forwards dream is to score the best goal ever scored"
" Their nightmare? to play against the world's best defender" yes you are right milan no3 our captian Maldini

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
drucurl said:
Screw Fifa....they are trying to compensate for not giving him any WOPY...and for worshiping Faggio Can O' Guano :o

well... maybe but they dont give this award to that many poeple so its still pretty cool for him to get it.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Mr. Anonymous said:

FIFA is to bestow the Order of Merit on AC Milan legend Paolo Maldini, the Gazzetta dello Sport has revealed.

The FIFA Order of Merit is usually awarded to those who are considered to have made a significant contribution to football.

The prize is not necessarily just for footballers, as apart from the likes of Pele, Franz Beckenbauer and the only other Italian to have won the award so far, Dino Zoff, political figures such as Nelson Mandela and Henry Kissinger have also been recipients.

Maldini will become only the second Italian to win the award, following in the footsteps of 1982 World Cup-winning captain Dino Zoff.

The 39-year-old Maldini will receive the honour at the annual FIFA Congress in Sydney next month. The Milan captain is set to retire from football at the end of the season after a glorious career lasting almost a quarter-of-a-century.

He has won seven Scudetti, one Coppa Italia, five Italian Super Cups, five Champions League titles, five European Super Cups and three World Club Cups.

He is both Milan and Italy’s all-time appearance maker, and is regarded by some as the best defender in the history of the game.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=671558

We as Milan fans have been privilege to have Maldini trading his skill on our team. I can't think of a more worthy recepient!!!

FORZA MALDINI!!!

HUGE honour and he is coming to SYDNEY to receive it!!!!
FUCKIN' AWESOME!
I'm there even if I have to sleep out in the cold for days.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Mr. Anonymous said:

every great awards that Paolo gets are priceless. FORZA PAOLO ! u deserve it :star:

Milanista_MP3

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
PAOLO, MALDINI, PAOLO MALDINI, MALDINI, PAOLO, # 3, KAKA (GOD IS FAITHFUL), INZAGHI (GOAL MACHINE)
San Paolo said:
HUGE honour and he is coming to SYDNEY to receive it!!!!
FUCKIN' AWESOME!
I'm there even if I have to sleep out in the cold for days.

Please report on ALL the details you can get!!! Thanks!

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I was just watching the news when they informed about this. Each and every single award like this are all well deserved by him :star: :proud:

Milanista_MP3

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
PAOLO, MALDINI, PAOLO MALDINI, MALDINI, PAOLO, # 3, KAKA (GOD IS FAITHFUL), INZAGHI (GOAL MACHINE)
Where can I see clips of this news on the net? I would love too, thanks!

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
Published by The Guardian. :rolleyes:

guardian.jpg

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
pathetic. :head:

Last edited:

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
Guardian is shite anyway they wouldnt know talent if it shit on there shoes.

Even Maldini at age 10000000000 will still be of more use than most of those hicks, legends never die (like zombies :D) They are never forgotten which is more we can say about some shite newspaper. Paolo IS legend.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
WITHOUT THE CAPTAIN
4/30/2008 1:50:00 PM
Despite the surgeries of the last two summers, Paolo Maldini has played many derbies even in these last years. Here are the last two derby games which were played without our captain...

MILAN - During the 2003/04 season, in the first games of the second round, with the Rossoneri fighting for the Scudetto against Roma and Juventus, Milan faced the away game at Lecce. Towards the end, Paolo Maldini is shown a yellow card and missed the clash which was on Saturday evening. Here are the results and scorers:

21ST FEBUARY 2004
MILAN-INTER 3-2
Scorers: 15' Stankovic, 39' Zanetti, 55' Tomasson, 57' Kakà, 84' Seedorf

In the 2005/06 season, instead, following the win 4-0 at Istanbul against Fenerbahce, Milan faced the game decisive for the qualification to the last sixteen in the Champions League against Schalke at San Siro. The Rossoneri won 3-2, but in the first half, Paolo Maldini picked up an injury and missed the following league game:

11TH DECEMBER 2005
INTER-MILAN 3-2
Scorers: 23' Adriano (penalty), 38' Shevchenko (penalty), 14' Martins, 38' Stam, 46' Adriano

acmilan.com

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini.. Kaka.. Pirlo.. Gattuso.. Ibou.. Zizou.. Collymore etc. haha..
zank said:
@lia plzz link,...

Guardian.............Kont*L!!!!
wew....zank was here :D
watch ur language :tongue:

ampoonn ya bang momod,bcanda aja :ngacir:​

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
zank said:
@lia plzz link,...

Guardian.............Kont*L!!!!
What do you mean? The link to the news? I'm sorry, I don't have it anymore.

Milanista_MP3

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What is the latest news on Paolo???

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
That would be great news to see him for another season. Would be unreal if we were to qualify for the UCL but I highly doubt that we will now. Either way I don't care just great to see him want to continue and hopefully he can go out winning the Scudetto.

Schedule