The Red & Black Forums - View Single Post - Brazilian Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 23-11-2008, 15:28   #74
Nielsenb41
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Banks, Yashin, Manga, Preud'homme, Pfaff, Zenga, Sepp and Taffarel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM
In my opinion the likes of Robinho are overrated, he could'nt get a regular game in a poor Madrid side & that says it all. The guy has talent, but sadly is as thick as two short planks.
Don't let such a small thing as a fact get in your way. Robinho was no bench warmer in Real Madrid, in fact he was one of the most influential players in the team, if not the most. He got a nasty injury by the end of the season and had to sit out of games while recovering. Anyone that followed Real Madrid's last two seasons will tell you the same. Here's a quote from the Real Madrid Man of the Match thread from another board:

FINAL STANDINGS in the RMBS MAN OF THE MATCH THREAD.

1.CASILLAS 44.5
2. ROBINHO 43
3. RAUL 43
4. GAGO 39
5. PEPE 37

6. RAMOS 35.5
7. SNEIJDER 33
8. HEINZE 29
9. GUTI 21
10. CANNAVARO 18

SO IT'S CONGRATULATIONS TO IKER WHO RETAINS HIS TITLE FOR ANOTHER YEAR. Congratulations also to Robinho who repeats his second.

STANDINGS BASED ON SCORING POINTS (TOP 10)

1. CASILLAS 1145
2. ROBINHO 1116
3. SNEIJDER 1034
4. RAUL 1022
5. GAGO 972
6. PEPE 870
7. RAMOS 704
8. GUTI 660
9. HEINZE 478
10. CANNAVARO 448

GAMES AS MOTM (TOP 10)

1. ROBINHO 7
2=. CASILLAS 6
2=. RAMOS 6
4=. HEINZE 5
4=. PEPE 5
6=. RAUL 4
6=. SNEIJDER 4
8=. GAGO 2
8= van NISTELROOY 2
8=. HIGUAIN 2.

POINTS PER MINUTES PLAYED(TOP 10)

1. PEPE 0.44
2. ROBINHO 0.40
3. GAGO 0.37
4. SNEIJDER 0.36
5. CASILLAS 0.28
6. RAUL 0.25
7. HEINZE 0.22
8. RAMOS 0.18
9. GUTI 0.18
10. ROBBEN 0.17

--------------------

And now he's tearing it up in England with 8 goals already and turning a team that plays with Darius Vassel and Benjani into the second best scorer in the league.

Quote:
Players like Anderson etc are no better than average & would be seen this way if they where not Brazilian.
Got into a Champions League and Premiership champions side, at 19, after 6 months on the sidelines and slotted in effortlessly into a position that he had never played before, and had to carry the team's midfield alongside Hargreaves for 1/3 of the season while Scholes and Carrick were out. Yeah, definitely no better than average.

Quote:
The likes of Kaka' & Ronaldinho are not in the class of great players from years gone by. I don't think for example Kaka' is abetter player than Rui Costa was when at Fiorentina, Kaka' however has earnt more plaudits because he his Brazilian(they are all good I know that, not as good as some like to think).
Not being as good as Zico and Pele make them overated? I see.

Quote:
Spain & Argentina for me have easily the most amount of talent in world football & therefore the best attacking players.
So, Spain and Argentina having the most amount of talend makes Brazil overated?

Quote:
Brazil have been poor for years & it cannot all be blamed on Dunga & the managers in charge.
Brazil won the last Confederations Cup and the last two Copa Americas, is in front of Argentina in the qualifiers, but of course, unless they win every single World Cup they're an overated bunch...

Signature

Ah, the good'ol days!

Last edited by Nielsenb41; 23-11-2008 at 15:32.
Nielsenb41 is offline   Reply With Quote