English Premier League Thread II

Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Right but they dont pay all of di maria's wages in 1 season.

so if his fee is 64 mil and lets say 10 mil wages... that's 74 mil + whatever tax attached (i think it's double the wage so 84)

Thats a good point and im sure the transfer will be paid in installments too, so how this all effects the rest of their transfer plans is probably anyone's guess.

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
destroying pool since 09

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Jojooo

City winning comfortably playing mostly at walking pace, what a team.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Balotelli effect

I look forward to seeing his lame sulking when things don't go well.

Doesn't take much, only a tackle in the first minute.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Thats a good point and im sure the transfer will be paid in installments too, so how this all effects the rest of their transfer plans is probably anyone's guess.

A lot of journalists are saying £15M of the fee is installments. £5M if we win the league, and £5M if we win the CL (and the same again, so we'd need 2 CL's) .

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Liverpool's defense has been shocking. City and Chelsea an absolute mile ahead of everyone else this season.

It's going to be a couple of seasons before anyone catches up.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Smd all u who put Sterling for Mata and made his price drop this weekend. Bow to the Fantasy Lord. :mb:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
liverpool wont finish top 4 #balpeffect

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Spurs vs Liverpool next week should be interesting.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Obviously liverpool needed Balo today, lol at people saying Balo won't be a starter

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Bv6fTBSIEAEXczG.jpg:large

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Balotelli starts, it's on the left.

They play with 3 up top. Sturrige and Sterling (right) are staying there. They rotate and interchange, but primary that's where the positions start. The strange thing about Balotelli is that he doesn't really fit in with Liverpool's explosive style. He'll have to adapt - none of this standing around stuff. City fans didn't mind that, but Liverpool's won't. They'll be on his back much quicker.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
If Balotelli starts, it's on the left.

They play with 3 up top. Sturrige and Sterling (right) are staying there. They rotate and interchange, but primary that's where the positions start. The strange thing about Balotelli is that he doesn't really fit in with Liverpool's explosive style. He'll have to adapt - none of this standing around stuff. City fans didn't mind that, but Liverpool's won't. They'll be on his back much quicker.

On the contrary, I see Balo starting in the middle, Sturridge on the right and Sterling on the left.

What usually happens as you probably know by now is that Sturridge always comes quite deep, usually on the right side to pick up the ball and start something. Today vs City showed us exactly why Balo will fit in just fine, they had no one with a presence attacking in the box when Sturridge popped out until Lambert came on.

Of course your last point is correct, "none of the standing around stuff" but he really doesn't need to do much as the rest around him will be making runs. He can hold up play and has excellent technique to make something out of nothing. I think having Balotelli there will also increase Sturridge's performance because he will play the role he likes more freely, also without the burden of being the only main scorer.After the first game they asked him something regarding that and he gave a very nervy answer from what I recall.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'd be very surprised if they moved Sturridge back out wide. The plan all along seemed to be for Sturridge to be the number 9 once Suarez went. It's one of the reasons he went to Liverpool. It's possible though.

Anyways....Di Maria has been pictured at Carrington :cool:
Reliable sources are saying Daley Blind is all but done as well. Plus we supposedly want one more.

This spending :lol:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
I'd be very surprised if they moved Sturridge back out wide. The plan all along seemed to be for Sturridge to be the number 9 once Suarez went. It's one of the reasons he went to Liverpool. It's possible though.

Reliable sources are saying Daley Blind is all but done as well. Plus we supposedly want one more.

United needed big spending though.

What you have currently is just not good enough.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

personally i think a 4-4-2 is best option.

Balotelli sucks alone. Best in a 2 man. Sturridge probably the same.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
personally i think a 4-4-2 is best option.

Balotelli sucks alone. Best in a 2 man. Sturridge probably the same.

But Gerrard doesn't fit in a 2 man midfield....and he's playing no matter what.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
But Gerrard doesn't fit in a 2 man midfield....and he's playing no matter what.

It's possible balo will play wide. He plays well there

Reall when he played if for milan or inter he was essentially a withdrawn striker cutting off the side as opposed to a winger.

Anyway you slice it balotellis best ability is face up with ball at his feet going at defenders. Just can't read game off the last man or back to goal.

Maybe that changes but I see little to suggest it. All hei best play comes partnered up and not isolated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule