Official Scottish Premier League Thread

Who will win the 2011/2012 Scottish Premier League title?

• Total voters

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
RossoneriScot said:
might of been a good goal but it was shocking defending AGAIN :mad: from hibs.

roman bedner scored a double for hearts to beat celtic at tynecastle - horror pass from neil lennon led to the last minute winner.
Forgot to mention it-what a tackle from the big hibs no.5 as wee stevie was about to slot the ball home.
As for Neil Lennons bad backpass-couldnt happen to a nicer bloke!

RossoneriScot

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Kaka.
killiegradge said:
Forgot to mention it-what a tackle from the big hibs no.5 as wee stevie was about to slot the ball home.
As for Neil Lennons bad backpass-couldnt happen to a nicer bloke!

what tackle from rob jones???

thats 4 visits to rugby park for me - 3 defeats and a draw :head:

agree with your neil lennon compete - utter fud!

Riccardo

AAAARGGHH!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Rui Costa
RossoneriScot said:

I appreciate that anyone who isn't a Celtic fan would hate Neil Lennon.

Just as anyone who isn't Milan fan hates Rino.

But Lennon is a fiery warrior who fans love, cos he fights hard

As for the backpass . . . Utter fud!

RossoneriScot

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Riccardo said:
I appreciate that anyone who isn't a Celtic fan would hate Neil Lennon.

Just as anyone who isn't Milan fan hates Rino.

But Lennon is a fiery warrior who fans love, cos he fights hard

As for the backpass . . . Utter fud!

i know exactly what you are saying

every team has a player that the other fans love to hate

celtic - lennon
rangers - ferguson
hearts - hartley
hibs - brown
etc.

Rex

Reaction score
I had no idea much about Glasgow rivalry between those two of Rangers and Celtic anyway. Enlighten me guys, who has good records in European level so far ? Which team own the most supporters in Glasgow surrounding ? :)

Riccardo

AAAARGGHH!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Rui Costa
Rex said:
I had no idea much about Glasgow rivalry between those two of Rangers and Celtic anyway. Enlighten me guys, who has good records in European level so far ? Which team own the most supporters in Glasgow surrounding ? :)

I'd say the rivalry between Celtic and Rangers (the old firm, for anyone who doesn't know) is much bigger than Milan and Inter. The Milan derby is well mannered most of the time, but the Old firm is bitter as fuck.

Ranger are best team in Scotland historically, but Celtic have won the European Cup once in 1967. Hail, Hail!

I'm saying no more, because I'll upset Rangers fans.

RossoneriScot

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rex said:

rex,

rangers and celtic is one of the biggest rivalries on the planet and both have huge supports in scotland - within glasgow its split basically with different areas being mostly rangers or mostly celtic. the rivalry is so intense because of mainly one thing - sectarianism which no other country to my knowledge has dividing football. the same can be said for hearts and hibs. hibs were founded by irish catholics who came over from ireland during the 1850 potatoe famine the same people then moved west and founded celtic another irish catholic team. on the other hand rangers and celtic are both protestant clubs for reasons im not sure of, maybe because their greatest rivals have catholic origins.
rangers and celtic have controlled scottish football since the late 1980s when aberdeen and dundee utd were dominating. as a hibs fan this pains me to say it but with the emergence of hearts over the last two seasons comes a real challenge to their dominance on scottish football.
rangers and celtic have a huge worldwide fanbase and have two of the biggest fan bases in britain.

sectarianism is an ugly thing and people can be killed over it. it resembles a dark cloud for scotland and something that must be stamped out.
you may have heard of the trouble rangers got into over the sectarian chants when facing villareal in the champs league last season and thankfully uefa are starting to take some action.

celtic were european champions in 1967 beating inter.
rangers were cup winners cup champions in 1972(?) beating dinamo moscow.
aberdeen were cup winners cup champions in 1986(?) beating real madrid.

Hibernian were the first british team in europe in 1956 reaching the semi final of the european cup.

i hope this helps rex and if you want more information on scottish football just ask.

Last edited:

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
RossoneriScot said:
what tackle from rob jones???

thats 4 visits to rugby park for me - 3 defeats and a draw :head:

ye we've done well recently against you at Rugby Park recently.Not so well at Easter Road mind you.Not as many Hibees through this time?
The old firm im afraid are an embarresment to Scotland with all the baggage that comes with them.Generally rivalry is a good thing but not in their case.
You should think about a trip to Milan from Prestwick-it can be very cheap!You can even come with us the next time we head over!

RossoneriScot

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
killiegradge said:
ye we've done well recently against you at Rugby Park recently.Not so well at Easter Road mind you.Not as many Hibees through this time?
The old firm im afraid are an embarresment to Scotland with all the baggage that comes with them.Generally rivalry is a good thing but not in their case.
You should think about a trip to Milan from Prestwick-it can be very cheap!You can even come with us the next time we head over!

cheers

my mate and i are looking at going over this year or next.

yeah i thought we would have taken more through but ah well.
i was 20 mins late aswell - glasgow is a nightmare.
yeah home advantage seems to be an important thing between either of us.
old firm are a disgrace and the sooner uefa start taken some more action the better - not only that they nick all of our good players then moan that theres no competion. :mad:

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Where can I find the scottish PL rules ? You know... rules about the foreigners, work-permits, how many teams play in the european competitions etc.

Last edited:

RossoneriScot

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MaGasTeR said:
Where can I find the scottish PL rules ? You know... rules about the foreigners, work-permits, how many teams play in the european competitions etc.

1st usually gets 3rd qualifying round of the champions league or sometimes like this year the champions get straight into the group stages depending on the co-efficient.

2nd gets the 2nd qualifying round of the champions league.

3rd gets the uefa cup 1st round

4th or scottish cup gets the uefa cup qualifying round.

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
What's the maximum number of foreigners to play in a team ? You know... here the teams must get no more than 5 foreigners on the pitch. And the work-permits ? Same as EPL ?

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
Not too sure about the work permits rule.Current internationalists automatically get a permit.Others I think have to prove they are worthy of playing and better than any local talent.As for the number of foreigners I think there is no limit.You could have a team of 11 foreigners and im sure the Huns and Tims have probably done so!

RossoneriScot

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
killiegradge said:
Not too sure about the work permits rule.Current internationalists automatically get a permit.Others I think have to prove they are worthy of playing and better than any local talent.As for the number of foreigners I think there is no limit.You could have a team of 11 foreigners and im sure the Huns and Tims have probably done so!

your right although is there not a rule that you must have 3 players in your squad at 21 or younger?

Rex

Reaction score
RossoneriScot said:
rex,

rangers and celtic is one of the biggest rivalries on the planet and both have huge supports in scotland - within glasgow its split basically with different areas being mostly rangers or mostly celtic.

Any spesific status to whom supporters have but split of different areas, for instance naming they Rangers fans are dominated by the wealthy and Celtic's by the workers, laborers etc etc ?

RossoneriScot said:
the rivalry is so intense because of mainly one thing - sectarianism which no other country to my knowledge has dividing football. the same can be said for hearts and hibs. hibs were founded by irish catholics who came over from ireland during the 1850 potatoe famine the same people then moved west and founded celtic another irish catholic team. on the other hand rangers and celtic are both protestant clubs for reasons im not sure of, maybe because their greatest rivals have catholic origins.
rangers and celtic have controlled scottish football since the late 1980s when aberdeen and dundee utd were dominating. as a hibs fan this pains me to say it but with the emergence of hearts over the last two seasons comes a real challenge to their dominance on scottish football.
rangers and celtic have a huge worldwide fanbase and have two of the biggest fan bases in britain.

sectarianism is an ugly thing and people can be killed over it. it resembles a dark cloud for scotland and something that must be stamped out.
you may have heard of the trouble rangers got into over the sectarian chants when facing villareal in the champs league last season and thankfully uefa are starting to take some action.

I already know about the thing you've said above. But aside from sectarianism 'apply' in Scottish football, what thoughts do they have when the Scottish sides facing the neighbours Premiership sides, shall 'the sectarian chants' be echoing the whole stadium (assuming UEFA has yet take some 'action' to have it cleared up back then) or to the countrary Scottish fans clearly to be good neighbours, behave well after walking out the stadiums when they meet fellow Britain mainland fans ? (PS. No offence, this doesn't mean I consider Scottish fans are jerks etc)

RossoneriScot said:
celtic were european champions in 1967 beating inter.
rangers were cup winners cup champions in 1972(?) beating dinamo moscow.
aberdeen were cup winners cup champions in 1986(?) beating real madrid.

Hibernian were the first british team in europe in 1956 reaching the semi final of the european cup.

i hope this helps rex and if you want more information on scottish football just ask.

Any head-to-head match-ups' statistic to the Old firm derby thus far ? :)

@Riccardo,

So you're Celtic fan ? Who is the current player has the main role, indispensable + influenced one into Celtic footballing so far ? :)

Last edited:

RossoneriScot

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rex said:
Any spesific status to whom supporters have but split of different areas, for instance naming they Rangers fans are dominated by the wealthy and Celtic's by the workers, laborers etc etc ?

I already know about the thing you've said above. But aside from sectarianism 'apply' in Scottish football, what thoughts do they have when the Scottish sides facing the neighbours Premiership sides, shall 'the sectarian chants' be echoing the whole stadium (assuming UEFA has yet take some 'action' to have it cleared up back then) or to the countrary Scottish fans clearly to be good neighbours, behave well after walking out the stadiums when they meet fellow Britain mainland fans ? (PS. No offence, this doesn't mean I consider Scottish fans are jerks etc)

Any head-to-head match-ups' statistic to the Old firm derby thus far ? :)

@Riccardo,

So you're Celtic fan ? Who is the current player has the main role, indispensable + influenced one into Celtic footballing so far ? :)

how dare you!!! :mad: I support Hibernian.

Im really not sure about what type of people support celtic or rangers - im not from glasgow and support neither so maybe the celtic fan can help.

mate went to a rangers v newcastle friendly and the rangers fans started up with the english national anthem and rule brittania - the newcastle fans were bamboozled as to why scots would sing the english national anthem - its all religious here whereas england its just rivalry.

i dont know whos won more once again the celtic fan may be able to help more.

Rex

Reaction score
Relax, I know already you support Hibernian. I'm just trying to find out more about what you've said previously. ;)

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
RossoneriScot said:
your right although is there not a rule that you must have 3 players in your squad at 21 or younger?
Yes there is that silly rule.We have had two sub goalies on the bench at times to ensure our quota of U-21's.

As for Ceptic and Rankers?who cares?Certainly the Celtic fans were heard chanting IRA songs on Sunday at Hearts.Personally id just shut the grounds if they sing bigoted songs-Permanently!

RossoneriScot

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
killiegradge said:
Yes there is that silly rule.We have had two sub goalies on the bench at times to ensure our quota of U-21's.

As for Ceptic and Rankers?who cares?Certainly the Celtic fans were heard chanting IRA songs on Sunday at Hearts.Personally id just shut the grounds if they sing bigoted songs-Permanently!

well said

rangers may have to play behind closed doors if it continues!

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
I didn't have any knowledge about Scottish Premier League. In fact, i only know Ranger and Celetic, these 2 teams often enter CL represent Scottish.
But i visited some website and read some data, Ranger had won Scottish Premier League continevious 11 years !!! Unbelieable !!! Even the best Milan can only dominate Serie A 3 years !!! I can't believe any team could dominate the league 11 years !!

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
Yuchen Fish said:
I didn't have any knowledge about Scottish Premier League. In fact, i only know Ranger and Celetic, these 2 teams often enter CL represent Scottish.
But i visited some website and read some data, Ranger had won Scottish Premier League continevious 11 years !!! Unbelieable !!! Even the best Milan can only dominate Serie A 3 years !!! I can't believe any team could dominate the league 11 years !!
I dont think that Rankers have won 11 consecutive titles.They have won 9 as have Ceptic which is still no mean feat!

RossoneriScot

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saturday's Fixtures

Celtic v St Mirren
Hearts v Falkirk
Inverness CT v Hibernian
Kilmarnock v Dundee Utd
Motherwell v Aberdeen

Sunday's Fixture

Dunfermline v Rangers

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
RossoneriScot said:
Saturday's Fixtures

Celtic v St Mirren
Hearts v Falkirk
Inverness CT v Hibernian
Kilmarnock v Dundee Utd
Motherwell v Aberdeen

Sunday's Fixture
My predictions
Ceptic 3-0 St Mirren
Jambos 2-0 falkirk
ICT0-3 Hibs
killie 3-1 Dundee Utd
Well 0-1Dons
Pars 0-3 Huns

RossoneriScot

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
killiegradge said:
RossoneriScot said:
Saturday's Fixtures

Celtic v St Mirren
Hearts v Falkirk
Inverness CT v Hibernian
Kilmarnock v Dundee Utd
Motherwell v Aberdeen

Sunday's Fixture
My predictions
Ceptic 3-0 St Mirren
Jambos 2-0 falkirk
ICT0-3 Hibs
killie 3-1 Dundee Utd
Well 0-1Dons
Pars 0-3 Huns

I would probably agree with all of them apart from my own teams - think we will get beat tomorrow we always lose to caley :mad: im still going though a very long day indeed!

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
RossoneriScot said:
killiegradge said:
I would probably agree with all of them apart from my own teams - think we will get beat tomorrow we always lose to caley :mad: im still going though a very long day indeed!
Its only a long way back if you lose!You signed a Morrocan today i see-on a 5 year deal!Aint many of them going around the SPL these days.5 year deals that is though i dont imagine there are too many Morocans either.

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
Ooops didnt do too well on the predictions.

Ceptic 2-0 St.Mirren
Jambos 0-0 Bairns
Killie 0-0 Arabs
Well0-2 Dons
ICT 0-0 Hibs

Well Rossonerriscot I hope youre game was better than mine today.It was one of the poorest games i've seen for some time.Arabs had Lwee Miller red carded after 35 mins and we struggled to break them down.No quality on display at all from either team.Hopefully ill find the Milan game online tonight and that will be better!

RossoneriScot

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
killiegradge said:
Ooops didnt do too well on the predictions.

Ceptic 2-0 St.Mirren
Jambos 0-0 Bairns
Killie 0-0 Arabs
Well0-2 Dons
ICT 0-0 Hibs

Well Rossonerriscot I hope youre game was better than mine today.It was one of the poorest games i've seen for some time.Arabs had Lwee Miller red carded after 35 mins and we struggled to break them down.No quality on display at all from either team.Hopefully ill find the Milan game online tonight and that will be better!

well it was a long day and a pish game. never looked like we were going to score - i tell you if riordan and o'connor were still at hibs we would have 9 points. the new moroccan looks no bad though - a few nice tricks and good on the ball. there was nothing in the final 3rd. :( thats 9 months without an away win and next away day is a trip to celtic park!

hopefully things will pick up next week against motherwell at ER.

atleast hearts never won!

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
No Gers fans around?Or are they just hiding after their poor performances in the last two games.That PLG is making a big difference isnt he?

RossoneriScot

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
killiegradge said:
No Gers fans around?Or are they just hiding after their poor performances in the last two games.That PLG is making a big difference isnt he?

massive difference ;)

i know we are only 3 games in but do the OF and hearts really look that good??? i was really worried before the start of the new season but none have impressed me so far.

i suppose time will tell!

rossoneroid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
RossoneriScot said:
Yeah but things are changing in scotland now.

The old firm were split last season and that could well happen again this season.

Nakamura by any chance???
Yes, it is Nakamura. He is good in deliver free kicks, corners.

Why the glasgow derby were called "The Old Firm" ? And how good is Neil Lennon? Seems that most of the fans is fancy him.

I saw videos about Celtic fans, and they're brilliant and fantastic when supporting their team. That's why Gattuso didn't play in Celtic - Milan game, to avoid getting pissed off by the celtic fans.