Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
General Gennaro

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
More running, teamwork, fighting for the ball, better positioning.

Its what Vulture likes to see.

Much different from Midtablotella noballz & pu^y fotball phylosophy.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
"PokeRino" - gazzetta

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Now that youtube videos with tactical analysis are coming out, maybe the 'Gattuso is just a former player' brigade will start giving him the credit he deserves as a good manager.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
idk, I think Montella captained the ship into absolute oblivion. Just a simple running exercise can spike up the teams performance to where we are now cause Montellaball was about standing. Not to mention variations of form. So I'd say the jury is still out for a year or so.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Gattuso is currently the only and primary candidate for the Milan job for next season. He is making good use of the chance of he has been granted from the technical, physical and atmosphere around the squad [Sky].

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rino is doing so well, and he hasn't even really done much tactically yet. Sometimes keeping it simple and picking the right style of play for your team(+mentality obviously) is more important than out thinking your opponents every week. Montella is a good coach, but he tried to rush the team into playing his way, and he got away from the more practical approach that made him so good last season.

Not that Rino doesn't have good ideas or is a tactical slouch though. He's just taking it slow and using a step by step approach, he has one of the most clear plans I can remember from our last few coaches. We probably won't see a true Rino team until next season when he has had an offseason and a transfer session to work with. I do really like to hear how he wants more players in the box though. That's so clearly how this team is built to attack. Hakan and RR left, Suso and Calabria right. Cutrone lives for space in the box, kalinic is decent in the air, Silva needs so much work but at least is strong and athletic. Jack and Kessie love to make those late runs in the box. Hell even Conti we know likes to get in the box. Milan doesn't have the creativity that Montella needed, this isn't stoke city but we can do some damage by flooding penalty areas I think.

Will say though, we will know more about Gattuso when the form starts to dip. He's done so great so far and he deserves a lot more time, but the team will face some setbacks that every coach of Milan has had recently, he is not the first coach to get the team on a run of form. I trust and believe in him, but the expectations are already started to get a bit too high, we'll see how he handles it

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Hasn't done much tactically... yeah right

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
idk, I think Montella captained the ship into absolute oblivion. Just a simple running exercise can spike up the teams performance to where we are now cause Montellaball was about standing. Not to mention variations of form. So I'd say the jury is still out for a year or so.

I'm not saying Gattuso is a tactical wizard like Pep or a motivational freak like Conte. But he certainly seems to have the clear headed no-nonsense approach needed for a top manager (which to me is Carlo's best quality as well). He seems to know how to get the best out of his squad, how to play a style of game that suits their strengths, how to get little partnerships going (Hakan-Bona, Bonucci-Romagnoli) etc.

My frame of mind after watching football all these years is that such a quality is what I'd pick over being a brainy tactician or high-emotion motivational guru. The latter two really depends heavily on the raw material as well, and could flop just as easily as it could succeed.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
hakan-bona partnership looked good against spal...

some neat 1-2s and some nice movement between them.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Gennaro Gattuso is reported to be the lowest-paid Coach in Serie A, as the Milan boss is on the same terms as his Primavera contract.

The former midfielder had been in charge of the youth team, but stepped up to replace Vincenzo Montella in the top job.

However, Gazzetta dello Sport reports that he’s coaching the Rossoneri first team on the same terms as the youth team, meaning he earns €120,000 per season.

:Rino:

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Out of all our coaches since Carletto, he's easily my favourite and he hasn't even won anything. Moreover, he's not the first Milan legend taking over as coach since Carletto. And I guess I'm not even the only Milan fan thinking so.

Only Rino can create such feelings. What a shame Kaka didn't want to come aboard. What a lovable duo it would have been. :proud:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I'm not saying Gattuso is a tactical wizard like Pep or a motivational freak like Conte. But he certainly seems to have the clear headed no-nonsense approach needed for a top manager (which to me is Carlo's best quality as well). He seems to know how to get the best out of his squad, how to play a style of game that suits their strengths, how to get little partnerships going (Hakan-Bona, Bonucci-Romagnoli) etc.

My frame of mind after watching football all these years is that such a quality is what I'd pick over being a brainy tactician or high-emotion motivational guru. The latter two really depends heavily on the raw material as well, and could flop just as easily as it could succeed.

:thumbsup:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
And then uve got people who want to make cunte the highest paid coach in serie a to replace rino :lol:

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Rino is doing well. Hope he can finish the season with us with something :thumbsup:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Nice clip Jasper :thumbsup:

-

“Gattuso? He has given us a lot from the first minute he arrived. He put into our minds his way of experiencing football. In every training session, he makes us go beyond our limits and we never have a moment to relax. I had the fortune of playing against him, I feel lucky.

He and his staff are forming a real team mentality. We have so much hunger and enthusiasm now, he is bringing out the confidence in the side and that makes the difference. We do everything at 100 per cent. It will not be easy, we now have to think about Thursday when we play something important."

- Biglia

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Vik

Passionate Anime Hater
Reaction score
boss Rino first Milan coach to win the Europa League?!??

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Gattuso asks his players to run and fight, just like he did as a player.

Montella used to say: “We shouldn’t give energy in games.” and “Its important to win without getting tired”

Sadly most commoders said Montella was right for what he said.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Nice clip Jasper :thumbsup:

-

“Gattuso? He has given us a lot from the first minute he arrived. He put into our minds his way of experiencing football. In every training session, he makes us go beyond our limits and we never have a moment to relax.."

- Biglia

Bertolacci about Montella’s Milan: “In Milan we never prepared well, in Genoa we are working intensively.”

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score

Montella used to say: “We shouldn’t give energy in games.” and “Its important to win without getting tired”

Miha asked his players to run and fight, they ended up fighting each other and he ended up getting fired twice in less than 2 years.

How bout dah?

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Montella is a lazy fuck. I pointed that out a month into his job at Milan.

"If it's not broken don't fix it. If it's broken don't fit it either because I'm a lazy mofo. Always feel lazy AF."

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Miha asked his players to run and fight, they ended up fighting each other and he ended up getting fired twice in less than 2 years.

How bout dah?

Got better results than Montella (this season) playing with Honda, Cerci and Bertolacci.

Schedule