Ticket sales

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
We sold out 30.000 season tickets, which I thought was very good but then I saw that here in Belgium, Bruges has 20.000 season tickets.

Now if we compare Milan to Bruges ,then we must see that Milan is alot greater so how come we 'only got 30.000'.

I thought we were doing well, 30.000 isn't nothing but when I saw this I thought, wtf how come Milan doesn't has more.

Possible reasons.

Inter Milan ( not that they have so much fans), but people in Milan who love football are for Inter or for Milan so that takes a part of the town away.
If you only would have one team in a town everbody would love them and you would have more supporters.

Stadion
I never been in San Siro, but stadiums in Italy kinda suck, at least from what I hear.

So the question about all this (maybe to for u useless thread , but I find it important)

How come Milan don't have more people who watch at the stadium ?
What can we do about it ?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
You're overreacting and comparing our numbers in wrong system(to a Belgium club). Just check the development of the ticket sales compared to last years situation as well as Serie A average to know that Milan is on top of the league in attendances(though we fell second last year against Inter). Our season ticket sales were going better than Inters too the last time I checked so I'm confident we can take back our throne in attendances.

What can we do about it?

Go to the game:)

Edit:Here you can look at average numbers of the top leagues

Well we topped the league last year too, but we had our share of luck with having big games before the new laws. Other wise I Think Inter would have beaten us. According to soccernet.com we have topped the league since 2002/2003.

Last edited:

atza|milanist

AC Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini forever, PIRLO, Kaka, Shevchenko, Seedorf, Nesta
You are very unaware...30 000 is much more than last year in this time. 30 000 is very,very big number,because it´s not a tickets for one game,than for all AC Milan Serie A games. And hopefully will be rise to 40 or 45 000...all we proud with AC MILAN and their fans...
So,it`s super to see that we have sold 30 000 yet.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
atza|milanist said:
You are very unaware...30 000 is much more than last year in this time. 30 000 is very,very big number,because it´s not a tickets for one game,than for all AC Milan Serie A games. And hopefully will be rise to 40 or 45 000...all we proud with AC MILAN and their fans...
So,it`s super to see that we have sold 30 000 yet.

I know it are the tickets for an entire season.

I just think that a club like Milan should have more people in the stadium.

Their should be at least 70.000 people for every game, it's not nice if the stadium is half-empty :tongue:

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
It doesnt mean that is gonna be half empty every match though

kats

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Kakà_&_Gourcuff said:
I know it are the tickets for an entire season.

I just think that a club like Milan should have more people in the stadium.

Their should be at least 70.000 people for every game, it's not nice if the stadium is half-empty :tongue:

Of course the stadium will not be half-empty. And of course Milan will have more people in the stadium. Not everyone can afford season tickets. Hard to imagine zero people buying tickets for individual games, especially against the top teams. I look at it this way - even for matches against the poorest teams, San Siro will still have close to 30,000 people on hand. Pretty good numbers. With Juve back, as well as Genoa and Napoli, those numbers will be even better.

RE: Belgium. How much are their tickets? Could be that their season tickets are cheaper.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kats said:
Of course the stadium will not be half-empty. And of course Milan will have more people in the stadium. Not everyone can afford season tickets. Hard to imagine zero people buying tickets for individual games, especially against the top teams. I look at it this way - even for matches against the poorest teams, San Siro will still have close to 30,000 people on hand. Pretty good numbers. With Juve back, as well as Genoa and Napoli, those numbers will be even better.

RE: Belgium. How much are their tickets? Could be that their season tickets are cheaper.

Could be that they are cheaper, but the ones of Milan are ordered good, you could get cheap ones or more expensive.

And I know that their will be people buying for individual games, but I don't think that their will be 20.000 people buying individual tickets every game.

atza|milanist

AC Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You don`t think,commonly...30000 seasons ticket have been sold!!! It`s not means that there are 30000 peoples on stadion...there are many who will buy one ticket..it`s stupid to retail one thing to infinity...30000 is very good!seasons ticket cost close 310€...30000 season ticket,man! :conf:

Last edited:

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
atza|milanist said:
You don`t think,commonly...30000 seasons ticket have been sold!!! It`s not means that there are 30000 peoples on stadion...there are many who will buy one ticket..it`s stupid to retail one thing to infinity...30000 is very good!seasons ticket cost close 310€...30000 season ticket,man! :conf:

http://www.acmilan.com/infoPage.aspx?id=48207

These are the prices right ?

6 'themes' are below 200 euro, they are probably all sold out , not ?

I can understand that the ones who cost more then 1000 euros aren't going to be sold in 2 seconds but can somebody give me numbers about how many people can be in which category ?

And one other thing, how much do these tickets give Milan in an entire year ? ( the amount of money).

And I know 30.000 isn't bad but I just think that we should do better, how long will it still take before you can't buy any season tickets anymore ?(if it ever stops).

If we can rise to 40.000 - 45.000 then I will be very happy :D

atza|milanist

AC Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Season will start in about two months..and what are you talking about?! It`s realy early to talk about this. Please,stop boring me and other fans... :head:

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
atza|milanist said:
Season will start in about two months..and what are you talking about?! It`s realy early to talk about this. Please,stop boring me and other fans... :head:

If you think it's boring then don't read it :rolleyes:

I think fans are very important to a club, and a good club needs alot of fans in their stadium.

Look at Liverpool, fans like those should be every were :)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Seriously Kakà_&_Gourcuff you should pay attention to the information/links provided by other members and drop this discussion. Milan's nr. 1 in their league and that means they are the best in their world. Liverpool doesn't even have a stadium big enough to be in the same category with us.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jasper said:
Seriously Kakà_&_Gourcuff you should pay attention to the information/links provided by other members and drop this discussion. Milan's nr. 1 in their league and that means they are the best in their world. Liverpool doesn't even have a stadium big enough to be in the same category with us.

I'm aware of the links, but if entire Italy has 5.000 visitors , does it mean that 10.000 would be good ?

I just think that it's wierd that a club in Belgium has 20.000 season tickets and Milan 'only'( yes I know it is much but still) 30.000 season tickets.

There should be more fans in the stadions in entire Italy, last time I saw a documentaire about stadions and fans.
Italy stadions were old and people didn't came anymore.
A shame for football, within a few years everybody will be watching it on TV unless we deal with it and 'upgrade the quality of San Siro'.

A roof, nice activities, a shopping center, .. I don't know what could bring double as much people to San Siro.

Double the people, double the noise, double the motivation.

And for the last time , I know whe are doing well looking at the other Seria A teams, but look at it yourself

2002/2003 64.000 people
2006/2007 51.000 people

Now tell me, is the number going down or not ? :rolleyes:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Kakà_&_Gourcuff said:
And for the last time , I know whe are doing well looking at the other Seria A teams, but look at it yourself

2002/2003 64.000 people
2006/2007 51.000 people

Thats not for season tickets,its for average attendance...
I read today that we have sold 31 000 season tickets which is 1000 more sold in 2 days...
I guess till the season kicks off we will have more then 40 000 season tickets sold....

kats

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
So, if in 2006/07 average attendance was 51,000, with only 11,000 season tickets sold as of June, 2007/08 should be a lot better than that because 31,000 season tickets have already been sold in the same time period. Very promising.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kakà_&_Gourcuff said:
I'm aware of the links, but if entire Italy has 5.000 visitors , does it mean that 10.000 would be good ?

I just think that it's wierd that a club in Belgium has 20.000 season tickets and Milan 'only'( yes I know it is much but still) 30.000 season tickets.

You're so longsighted in this debate I think you should write an expertise on this...or not. :rolleyes:

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Edi said:
Thats not for season tickets,its for average attendance...
I read today that we have sold 31 000 season tickets which is 1000 more sold in 2 days...
I guess till the season kicks off we will have more then 40 000 season tickets sold....

If you are right, then it's good.
ButI don't think there will still be 10.000 more

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jasper said:
You're so longsighted in this debate I think you should write an expertise on this...or not. :rolleyes:

I'm I right or not ? :rolleyes:

So you can leave the sarcasm behind

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kakà_&_Gourcuff said:
I'm I right or not ? :rolleyes:

So you can leave the sarcasm behind
Nope you are not right that our ticket sales are a problem.

Compared to last year we are up 200 points:
SEASON TICKETS: ALMOST 32,000
7/10/2007
MILAN - The official data of purchased tickets by the Rossoneri fans for the San Siro league matches of next season is the following: 31,821 (Monday they were 31,331), for a total of 9,807,250.00 Euros. A year ago that figure stood at 10,420 (for a total of 4,472,183.00 Euros).

There is no correlation between Milan's success and Bruges ticket sales. There is a correlation between Milan's ticket sales and average Serie A attendance as Milan has plays in Serie A and is affected by other teams and overall audiences. And we're topping it 5 consecutive years.

Liverpool isn't even a close to argument as they're Anfield's capacity is thousands away from our average attendance.

Fact is our attendance is best in their league and in TOP 10 from all around Europe therefore it's not a problem.

Kakà_&_Gourcuff said:

It's a question beyond imagination and focusing on only one fact which doesn't make the picture. But if...entire Italy has 5.000 visitors; Bruges had 5000; Milan would top the league with 15 000(to get the equivalents close) average attendance at a 19 000 capacity stadium and be in Europe's top 10 with that; top last year's sales with 200 points - then YES it means it's good.

Let's try to take the steam off.
Kakà_&_Gourcuff said:
If we can rise to 40.000 - 45.000 then I will be very happy
I guarantee we will hit the 40k mark before the season starts. Last year it was about 37K if I recall it correctly so let's just wait and see. My prediction is around 47K:)

Last edited:

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jasper said:
Nope you are not right that our ticket sales are a problem.

Compared to last year we are up 200 points:
SEASON TICKETS: ALMOST 32,000
7/10/2007
MILAN - The official data of purchased tickets by the Rossoneri fans for the San Siro league matches of next season is the following: 31,821 (Monday they were 31,331), for a total of 9,807,250.00 Euros. A year ago that figure stood at 10,420 (for a total of 4,472,183.00 Euros).

There is no correlation between Milan's success and Bruges ticket sales. There is a correlation between Milan's ticket sales and average Serie A attendance as Milan has plays in Serie A and is affected by other teams and overall audiences. And we're topping it 5 consecutive years.

Liverpool isn't even a close to argument as they're Anfield's capacity is thousands away from our average attendance.

Fact is our attendance is best in their league and in TOP 10 from all around Europe therefore it's not a problem.

It's a question beyond imagination and focusing on only one fact which doesn't make the picture. But if...entire Italy has 5.000 visitors; Bruges had 5000; Milan would top the league with 15 000(to get the equivalents close) average attendance at a 19 000 capacity stadium and be in Europe's top 10 with that; top last year's sales with 200 points - then YES it means it's good.

Let's try to take the steam off.

I guarantee we will hit the 40k mark before the season starts. Last year it was about 37K if I recall it correctly so let's just wait and see. My prediction is around 47K:)

Okay, you can be right.
But still average of 50.000 is to low for a club like Milan.

If we can top to 45.000 ( or 47) like you say, then you can close this thread because then it is fine.

What are the prices for one-game tickets ?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Found some info about the sales back in 2005 as well as a little bit of update here:

8/5/2005!
MILAN - The season ticket sales have reached 43,500 and continue to
grow. At midnight on August 4, the number was 43,781, bringing in
13,092,010.00 euro. The ticket sales for the Champions League first
phase have hit 12,374, bringing in 615,034.00 euro.

This was after Scudetto + Coppa Italia wins;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBSCRIPTION CAMPAIGN: SUCCESS CONTINUES
7/16/2007
MILAN - The official data of season tickets bought by Rossoneri fans for Milan's San Siro games in the upcoming 2007-08 season is the following: 36.375, for an income of 11.058.582,00 euros. Last year, in the same period, the data was: 11.431 season tickets, for an income of 4.739.736,00 euros.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This one can be closed, sorry for the trouble :)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kakà_&_Gourcuff said:
This one can be closed, sorry for the trouble :)
I'm sure we can discuss the ticket sales in the future as well, therefore it stays open:)

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
Jasper said:
Found some info about the sales back in 2005 as well as a little bit of update here:

8/5/2005!
MILAN - The season ticket sales have reached 43,500 and continue to
grow. At midnight on August 4, the number was 43,781, bringing in
13,092,010.00 euro. The ticket sales for the Champions League first
phase have hit 12,374, bringing in 615,034.00 euro.

This was after Scudetto + Coppa Italia wins;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBSCRIPTION CAMPAIGN: SUCCESS CONTINUES
7/16/2007
MILAN - The official data of season tickets bought by Rossoneri fans for Milan's San Siro games in the upcoming 2007-08 season is the following: 36.375, for an income of 11.058.582,00 euros. Last year, in the same period, the data was: 11.431 season tickets, for an income of 4.739.736,00 euros.

actually mate, summer of 05 we had just lost the CL to liverpool, we were trying to hold onto crespo, signed vieri instead, and bought gilardino.

Milanista10

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
Kakà_&_Gourcuff said:
We sold out 30.000 season tickets, which I thought was very good but then I saw that here in Belgium, Bruges has 20.000 season tickets.

Now if we compare Milan to Bruges ,then we must see that Milan is alot greater so how come we 'only got 30.000'.

I thought we were doing well, 30.000 isn't nothing but when I saw this I thought, wtf how come Milan doesn't has more.

Possible reasons.

Inter Milan ( not that they have so much fans), but people in Milan who love football are for Inter or for Milan so that takes a part of the town away.
If you only would have one team in a town everbody would love them and you would have more supporters.

Stadion
I never been in San Siro, but stadiums in Italy kinda suck, at least from what I hear.

So the question about all this (maybe to for u useless thread , but I find it important)

How come Milan don't have more people who watch at the stadium ?
What can we do about it ?

lol, there's 8 or so teams from london in the premiership alone. doesn't that kinda take away like 7/8 of the city for a chelsea fan, or a arsenal fan, or for a tottenham fan..etc..

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milanista10 said:
actually mate, summer of 05 we had just lost the CL to liverpool, we were trying to hold onto crespo, signed vieri instead, and bought gilardino.
Oh yeah. My bad.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milanista10 said:
lol, there's 8 or so teams from london in the premiership alone. doesn't that kinda take away like 7/8 of the city for a chelsea fan, or a arsenal fan, or for a tottenham fan..etc..

That's also true.

Did the coming of Pato made a difference in the ticket sales ? ( can't imagine alot of people buying one just for Pato)

How many do we have now ? 40.000 ?

EDIT : Are their any actions to lure people to San Siro ?

Like the meeting with players if you were a milan shirt, stuff like that ?

Milanista10

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
Kakà_&_Gourcuff said:
That's also true.

Did the coming of Pato made a difference in the ticket sales ? ( can't imagine alot of people buying one just for Pato)

How many do we have now ? 40.000 ?

EDIT : Are their any actions to lure people to San Siro ?

Like the meeting with players if you were a milan shirt, stuff like that ?

The reason the season ticket sales sky rocketed early was because B&G promised us a big name signing, which, never arrived, and tht's why they've co-incidentally slowed down as of late.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milanista10 said:
The reason the season ticket sales sky rocketed early was because B&G promised us a big name signing, which, never arrived, and tht's why they've co-incidentally slowed down as of late.

Yes, something I already thought myself.

Also I think if we had rocked the pre-season games we would have more season tickets