Week 33: Milan vs Empoli - Sunday 21/04/2017 - 15:00 CET

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
After letting the defeat sink in a bit, this is probably the first game i am disappointed in Montella.

While i wholeheartedly agree that he has a utter shite squad, this loss is solely on his..let's call them drunk tactics.

I dunno if he felt like the squad is good enough to run past Empoli, and that it was a good time to experiment some shit, but hopefully he realised that this squad is just good enough to get to EL if he doesn't fuck around and plays everybody to their strengths.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
WTF?! this game :mad:

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
#RealTalk

Commoders keep switching the blame around like it's musical chairs....But the overall quality level makes it difficult to see clearly who or what is the biggest problem. That said, Empoli was on Montella for sure. He got nearly everything wrong. I still support him. He's done wonders with this shit squad

Dru, no one is saying we have a world class team, this for sure our biggest problem, however this team can perform, and they show it against better teams like jube, roma , napoli and inter, last game we didn't perform until we are 2 - 0 behind, why can't we play like this before we are behind?

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
disappointing result for sure.
this highlights one more time the mentality problem this team has.
both goals that empoli scored was childish mistakes.
cannot mark a player in corner and the second one is ridiculous. our centerbacks couldn't have a good understanding between them if they should play offside trap or not.
it is something bigger than a coach or tactical system. it is not the first time that we messed up when we had the chance given to us to take a step forward.
this mentality is the result of having a young inexperienced squad together with players that they are used to be in squads that do not win titles and suffer from mediocrity.
it is not easy to re-install the MILAN dna back to the players. everybody should understand that this transition cannot happen from one season to another.
that's why we need quality reinforcements on summer to make this transition quicker and with better results.
when the team does not perform as expected everybody is to blame, same goes with winning when all participants deserves the credit.
football is a team sport you cannot just point out to one person and let him have all the blame.
the team needs to remain humble and not lose its focus. nothing is lost yet.
FORZA MILAN!

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
even sacchi said montella should change formation as he hasn't the right wingers for 4-3-3, not vulture, but sacchi did.

So if you could have one or the other, what would it be:

Top quality squad and a decent coach

This squad and a top quality coach

let me break it to you... at this level, you need quality players.

The coach can get a result and, if extremely fortunate, win silverware

But over time, outside of a match or two, the players make a bigger difference if given even a moderate level of tactics/strategy.

The coach doesn't make sure a defender is always in position. A player needs to make those split second decisions.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So if you could have one or the other, what would it be:

Top quality squad and a decent coach

This squad and a top quality coach

let me break it to you... at this level, you need quality players.

The coach can get a result and, if extremely fortunate, win silverware

But over time, outside of a match or two, the players make a bigger difference if given even a moderate level of tactics/strategy.

The coach doesn't make sure a defender is always in position. A player needs to make those split second decisions.

Don't bother. He thinks it's like playing FIFA on playstation and the coach is the guy holding the controller

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Don't bother. He thinks it's like playing FIFA on playstation and the coach is the guy holding the controller

My god...

You're right.

So can I go back to anti jammin persona?

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
#RealTalk

Commoders keep switching the blame around like it's musical chairs....But the overall quality level makes it difficult to see clearly who or what is the biggest problem. That said, Empoli was on Montella for sure. He got nearly everything wrong. I still support him. He's done wonders with this shit squad

commode = bunch of twats who's myopia is on par with berlusconi. they only see what's 5 minutes in front of their face. whenever that changes, so would the person/s they put the blame on.

cant help it. stupid people will be stupid.

case in point

Dru, no one is saying we have a world class team, this for sure our biggest problem, however this team can perform, and they show it against better teams like jube, roma , napoli and inter, last game we didn't perform until we are 2 - 0 behind, why can't we play like this before we are behind?

good sir, i request a dumber post please. this one is not dumb enough for commode levels. please post in commode when you are able to put your hands on it.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
commode = bunch of twats who's myopia is on par with berlusconi. they only see what's 5 minutes in front of their face. whenever that changes, so would the person/s they put the blame on.

cant help it. stupid people will be stupid.

case in point

good sir, i request a dumber post please. this one is not dumb enough for commode levels. please post in commode when you are able to put your hands on it.
Lemme guess....You slept through​ this one too? :D

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

At least we found the frauds

giphy.gif

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
The midfield and defence cost us alot this season. the two areas we tried to cheap out.

Schedule