Week 27: Genoa vs Milan - 11/03/2018 - 18:00CET

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I agree.

I consider them both flopped. But Silva has some resellable value. Kalinic's price is only dropping with age.

Just in case anyone misunderstand me: always play cutrone whenever hes available.

This should clearly be the idea every match.

Especially because Kalinic doesn't seem to really be doing much.

In fact, lately, Silva has seemed at least as good as him, if not better.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Both of them have been poor. But Kalinic is clearly more suited to the way we want to play and essentially to any 4-3-3 formation, while Silva has looked like a fish out of water.

It's likely that even if he's in the worst form of his life, there's always a chance Kalinic will contribute to a goal because of his suitability to the overall attacking style of a 4-3-3. Silva on the other hand is playing poorly and detracts the overall attacking moves as well.

Kalinic is an easy 2nd choice after Cutrone.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Kalinic has been god-awful in the past few games.

Recently, Silva has been better than Kalinic.

Kalinic is good at winning fouls

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
I agree.

I consider them both flopped. But Silva has some resellable value. Kalinic's price is only dropping with age.

Just in case anyone misunderstand me: always play cutrone whenever hes available.

Its about time Cutrone will be read like a book if Gattuso just continues to play him every game. He is too young to lead our strikers. Let him grow in peace.

Actually the type of players like Cutrone will be very useful if he comes from the bench, fox in the box striker, good position and fast. He will be more dangerous if he comes when some defenders are tired and get used to deal with a drop deep striker like Silva, and then we cross the balls everytime we can for him.

Kalinic on other hand is a massive failure. HE contributed nothing, couldnt pass, couldnt shot, couldnt do a single first touch, 10 times worse than Matri. He should stay away even from Milan's bench asap.

Silva should be a starter, rotational with Cutrone, sometimes sub Silva/Cutrone out for another, or sometimes sub Jack out to make a duo Silva Cutrone, depends on situations.

We will be way more unpredictable if we do this.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Big test. If we bounce back I will be even more impressed by gattuso. Lots of past Milan coaches have had the team go on a great run of form, this is where I expect Rino to seperate himself even more than he already has, when the inevitable slip up happens. How can he get the team to react. I know he's got it

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Its about time Cutrone will be read like a book if Gattuso just continues to play him every game. He is too young to lead our strikers. Let him grow in peace.

Actually the type of players like Cutrone will be very useful if he comes from the bench, fox in the box striker, good position and fast. He will be more dangerous if he comes when some defenders are tired and get used to deal with a drop deep striker like Silva, and then we cross the balls everytime we can for him.

Kalinic on other hand is a massive failure. HE contributed nothing, couldnt pass, couldnt shot, couldnt do a single first touch, 10 times worse than Matri. He should stay away even from Milan's bench asap.

Silva should be a starter, rotational with Cutrone, sometimes sub Silva/Cutrone out for another, or sometimes sub Jack out to make a duo Silva Cutrone, depends on situations.

We will be way more unpredictable if we do this.

The method you are describing has ruined our season. We went down this road with Montella already. The reason why our season has been brought back to life is because we stick to one system with same starters who got accustomed to each other.

Cutrone from the bench and let him grow in peace? Ancient mentality. Donnarumma has had the best practice in life because he started and was excused after any mistake. In this Milan, you can learn and mistake as long as there is a deficiency of quality. Cutrone ain't 17. I don't see why we should bench a motivated hard worker with good performance.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
The method you are describing has ruined our season. We went down this road with Montella already. The reason why our season has been brought back to life is because we stick to one system with same starters who got accustomed to each other.

Cutrone from the bench and let him grow in peace? Ancient mentality. Donnarumma has had the best practice in life because he started and was excused after any mistake. In this Milan, you can learn and mistake as long as there is a deficiency of quality. Cutrone ain't 17. I don't see why we should bench a motivated hard worker with good performance.

what montella failed in milan because we didnt have a clear strategy and playstyle, we walked around in circle, 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 etc... its not only about the players he used, now we are having a clear style, some versatility is always good

i didnt say cutrone should be benched every game, what i said is he should be a rotation option, shouldnt put the pressure on his shoulder so much, and in fact he scored in some pretty nice games where he came from the bench in the past

gattuso should anticipate games differently: like when against weaker opponents cutrone will be starter so we can use his killer instinct to break the bus, against stronger opponents which we struggle to hold the ball and keep possession, we need silva type to move the ball more smoothly etc...
ofc its not easy like that but thats just my example

bold part well i can say donna's case is really rare in football, he just really lucky because we actually gambled, we didnt have any better option, other GKs shared him the 1st spot and he satified our requirements eventually
beside u cant compare a GK with a striker, u can study and read movements, playstyle from a striker, but not from a GK, you can only know about his reflexes or stuff, totally different story

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
We can't afford any losses/draws if we want to make it to top 4, so if we don't win we might as well lose 5-0 because it doesn't even matter

MilanBlood

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
In my experience a game like that after the painful lose we should explode, genoa will be a victim.
We can't critisice our players not this year, With so many new players it's hard to connect as a team so fast. It will take time.

We have a great run so far as gattuso took MILAN to his hands.

Loosing is part of the game we should take it learn from it and fight back with full power.
We are milan! and as milan fan i belive 100% in my team every game!
FORZA MILAN!

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Match day! Forza Milan!!!

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
In my experience a game like that after the painful lose we should explode, genoa will be a victim.
We can't critisice our players not this year, With so many new players it's hard to connect as a team so fast. It will take time.

We have a great run so far as gattuso took MILAN to his hands.

Loosing is part of the game we should take it learn from it and fight back with full power.
We are milan! and as milan fan i belive 100% in my team every game!
FORZA MILAN!

:thumbsup:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Kalinic reportedly set to return to the starting xi against genoa, montolivo could start in the place of biglia
I get benching Biglia, but Patrick should be our starter.

Locatelli should also be given a shot... There's a lot more creativity now in midfield so his added energy would compliment better imo.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Locatelli has been extremely wayward in his chances this season. Too risky to start him since that position is critical.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
DX-zlouXkAAR5IW

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Kalinic is PURE SHIT :fp:

However I'm sure Gattuso knows a lot of things that we don't so let's hope his decisions work out.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Yes - another chance for Kalinic after he's been decidedly hazardous to our chances since the Roma match.

As with Dru, I trust Gattuso, but Kalinic is good for two things - aerial duels and getting fouled.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
people say that for every fixtures. :fp:

well we already lost too many points so it is normal that this is the norm until the end of season if we want to achieve the goal set at the beginning of season.
plus if you want to be a competitive top team you are not allowed to drop many points against teams that are considered mid-table or small teams.
if you cant see that then you need to stop for a while and look at the league table and fixture of upcoming games.
maybe this will give you an idea

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Can I get 10 "fuck Pandev"-s before the game?

Because

FUCK PANDEV!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

marioacm93

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Mayor of Genoa, Marco Bucci, said it’s possible that Genoa-Milan gets postponed for 15 minutes to allow the referee verify the condition of the pitch before playing the game.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mayor of Genoa, Marco Bucci, said it’s possible that Genoa-Milan gets postponed for 15 minutes to allow the referee verify the condition of the pitch before playing the game.

Damn, this will be a hard one!