The Cricket Thread

Who's the player of the decade?

• Total voters

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Why would they do a stupid thing like that?

Fuckin morons.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Disgraceful! What makes it even more sick is that the murderer(s) were let into the room with Woolmer's consent. I'm pretty sure the public will never know the true/whole story since I bet there's tons of controversy linked to the story.

PS. Anyone watched the Pakistani players' press conference? Apparently each squad member made a speech, etc.

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hahaha… seems I wasn't all that far from depicting the ugly truth in my post that had been deleted because a certain hate + bias-stricken mod deemed it to contain a 'racial slur' (LOL) while at the same time creaming his pants every time some dipshit is referring to my compatriots as 'germs'…

So it didn't even take a suicide commando, the killa was right there in da house. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if the killer was a team member or s.o. associated with the team, with half of the bunch looking like straight outta al Qaeda :o

Anyone of the experts here wanna enlighten me about the degree of CORRUPTION in this so-called sport ?

Last edited:

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
Sadly, this forum can compete with tribalfootball.com in the sensationalism it loves to believe in... :o

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sensationalism ?

Just the facts + a lil bit of speculation + a rather high likeliness of the latter to be turned into the first rather soon.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Again, I wouldn't be surprised if the killer was a team member or s.o. associated with the team, with half of the bunch looking like straight outta al Qaeda :o
Well, I wouldn't go to that extent just yet since hardly any information has leaked out. Looks are deceiving since some of the Pakistani players are class acts - gentlemen - and IMO, hardly capable of doing as suspected. Besides, so much for Al Qaeda's threat ... more of an excuse for American leaders + their associates to fulfill their own personal interests with the middle eastern + drafted American citizens bearing the grunt. But of course you knew that ... just felt like mentioning it ;)
Passion for *9* said:
Anyone of the experts here wanna enlighten me about the degree of CORRUPTION in this so-called sport ?
I'm no expert, but it's been haunting the game from pretty much every angle. The great South African team of the '90s had no less than five players proven guilty of match fixing as did a Kenyan cricketer. There were some others but I'm not well informed. Obviously, this came about with the increased money involved in the game ...

I'm sure this should be the next development in the investigation, since chances are, the killing should be very closely linked to $$ than lunatic fans due to the easy entry.

Edit: India doing fine so far ... though Sri Lanka are hardly on the ropes. Any stream links since this is, by far, the best match so far ...

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
madtherchot said:
Edit: India doing fine so far ... though Sri Lanka are hardly on the ropes. Any stream links since this is, by far, the best match so far ...

I cant find a video link, looks like the powers-that-be have done a rather good job of clamping down on illegal streams.

Check out BBC cricket radio. The commentary is excellent, and thats what im following it on.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Well, I wouldn't go to that extent just yet since hardly any information has leaked out. Looks are deceiving since some of the Pakistani players are class acts - gentlemen - and IMO, hardly capable of doing as suspected. Besides, so much for Al Qaeda's threat ... more of an excuse for American leaders + their associates to fulfill their own personal interests with the middle eastern + drafted American citizens bearing the grunt. But of course you knew that ... just felt like mentioning it ;)
Ah yea, all those reformed honorable men taking dope + engaging in a lil betting on the side would of course never be capable of committing such a cowardly act. FACT is, there is no evidence of forced entry, nor of a fight inside the hotel room, so he must have known his attacker(s). I'm not saying a team member did it, but I don't rule it out either + no, not based on looks (that remark was just for effect... LOL) ;) (al queda being more or less a CIA invention + all that is a lil too black + white for my liking)

I read a bit about the South African case... With the crazy results during the world cup it doesn't seem far-fetched to think some players are more interested in making a lil (LOL) money on the side than repping their country.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Passion for *9* said:
Hahaha… seems I wasn't all that far from depicting the ugly truth in my post that had been deleted because a certain hate + bias-stricken mod deemed it to contain a 'racial slur' (LOL) while at the same time creaming his pants every time some dipshit is referring to my compatriots as 'germs'…

So it didn't even take a suicide commando, the killa was right there in da house. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if the killer was a team member or s.o. associated with the team, with half of the bunch looking like straight outta al Qaeda :o

Speculation says that he knew his killer, as there was no mark of tampering with the door, no stress marks on the locks, and no cards swiped except Woolmer's own. Suggesting that he let the person into the room himself. May have been one of the team personell.

As far as corruption in the sport goes, it has had its bad points in the past, but nothing major has surfaced recently. The biggest scandal was in 1999, when two of the biggest stars in India were banned from Cricket for match fixing, and a bunch of major South African stars were banned as well. There is also a widespread beleif that the entire Pakistani team has fixed matches in the past, and continues to do so, however no official ivestigation has ever taken place, possibly due to the corruption and dictatorship within the Pakistani govt itself.

Lastly, making statements like "half look like theyre from Al Qaeda" just because they have beards isnt a very smart statement. You really cant blame people for calling you a racist if you make statements like that. Maybe stuff like this would never happen in Australia or england, maybe it will happen in India and Pakistan. But to write off the entire team based on their looks, definitely isnt helping your claim of not being a racist. I'm trying my best to be civil, and would appreciate you keeping this discussion in the same vein.

EDIT: Just read that your comment about their looks was for effect more than anything else. Could have made your point with better words, but anyway, thats a welcome clarification.

Last edited:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
FACT is, there is no evidence of forced entry, nor of a fight inside the hotel room, so he must have known his attacker(s). I'm not saying a team member did it, but I don't rule it out either + no, not based on looks (that remark was just for effect... LOL) ;) (al queda being more or less a CIA invention + all that is a lil too black + white for my liking)
Yeah, the facts aren't looking too good at the moment + chances are, most likely never will. I just think we should give the Pakistani team the benefit of doubt for the moment since they're 'innocent until proven guilty.' I've read that the Pakistani team's press conference was touching + emotional ... so I'm hoping there was some truth in their tears rather than a case of acting.

OT (excuses): Really, about al queda? I thought bombing + invading Afghanistan for 'the war against terror' was black and white + they pretty much confirmed it with Iraq + a whole lot of other reports that have emerged. Latest (and most annoying) of their plots was the 'debt relief' program accompanied with the 'vultures' ... robbing American tax payers money in the name of the third world. That's murdering millions of poverty-stricken people.

Back on topic, Ganguly and Sachin getting wickets ... though the extras are adding up. I've always thought what a great team the Indian batsmen + Paki bowlers would make ... as Arun pointed out much earlier.

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I am glad that the Pakistani Cricket Team and board are in full cooperation of investigations (and here), which has still a lot of questions unanswered. This shows that the boys ;) are fully confident that it was none of them, even when the Cricinfo (www.TribalCricket.com) website seems to believe otherwise.

Not to forget that Cricinfo keeps on mentioning the word killer or killer's, rather than professionally addressing the situation and calling them murderers.

Sadly this is the stay of cricket, that we have only one, highly lobbyistic website to get the information to us.

But I won't take their [Pakistan CT's] side anymore, its good that if a bad egg is there it gets plucked out in front of the world, and will do the rest of the team a whole lot good, before other people start dying. It will do the sport a whole lot good.

However, I do believe that those Al-Qaeda looking bearded dudes don't have the balls to do something of this level. Otherwise they wont be crying like pansies when returning to the pavilion. :rolleyes:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SL scored 254/6 in a do-or-die game for India.
Its not a very quick pitch, and on slower pitches Murali is a constant threat.
not a huge total, but if murali has his day were fucked.
Lets hope Sehwag continues his form.
*crosses fingers*

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
BBC Radio mentions Woolmer was writing a book (due to be finished during the course of the WC) on cricket. Rumor has it that match-fixing was discussed in his book, however, his assistant (or something like ... can't remember) from SA, who had given him the idea of the book in the first place, is sure nothing about match-fixing or other negatives about cricket was mentioned. It was more about the science of coaching cricket of which there hasn't been a book published yet, he claimed. He said that Woolmer told him he was hugely interested in coaching the Pakistani team + his book mentioned how he (a westerner) managed to get the best out of the Pakistani (Muslim) team ... different cultures, traditions, methods, etc. were discussed.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
RADIO ... can you give your link that's working (for the live commentary ...). The one on the India - SL Live page doesn't work ... I'm getting an error.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6
this
is the one im using. I go tit off the ind-sl live page itself.
I think they have a certain limit of users that can log in from outside the uk. Pretty large limit, but with the scarcity of other ways to follow this game, that may be whats keeping you out, since my link is working fine.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MAD:
sopcast
channel 11827
ind-sl
not perfect stream, but close to it.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
FUK
ganguly out.

edit: FUK FUK FUK . sachin out.

Last edited:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we could definitely have used laxman today.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Ah fuck it ... Sri Lanka were the better team by miles. I kinda hope Bangla beats Bermuda to avoid any more embarrassment like we saw today and against Bangla. Thanks to Radio (really, thanks a bunch) I got to watch a game in ages. And to tell you the truth, I couldn't recognize the Indian batting lineup ... they seemed to be too cautious ... to unsure of themselves ... to much lacking confidence. But the style of batting aside, they were well in it if they'd just not lost wickets in a fury.

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
LOL, welcome back home, Indians :) OMG, does it mean Bermuda or Bangladesh will play the tourney instead of India. What a thrashing ;) Go Lanka!

Dravid is a class act! He is rightly made the captain... but Tendulkar was his typical form... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Oh, here we go :D

Better Bangla than Ireland :tongue: :rolleyes:

EDIT: I'm out. Really thrilled to have watched the game although it had its consequences :( Oh well, all in all, SL looked a solid side. Their cricket was textbook + I don't seem to remember a South Asian side that fielded as well. Also, with the pitches in Jamaica, they have a good shot against the Aussies, New Zealand and South Africa. I'm thinking, third time unlucky for the Aussies (for a change :rolleyes: ) and either SL, New Zealand or SA to win.

SA vs Australia looks to be a cracker ... anyone as kind as Radio, who'd give me a link, would be highly appreciated ... although I may regret it later on :(

Last edited:

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
FUCK YOU
FUCK THIS WORLD
FUCK EVERYTHING YOU SEE!!!

Nah , Just fuck India for losing.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To the biased German-hating mod here :

I still expect my post to be undeleted. As long as personal + anti-German insults go unpunished + uncensored you have no right whatsover to censor + delete my posts in reply to said insults.

Waiting....

Last edited:

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
Passion for *9* said:
Hope India's coach kept his hotel room door safely locked last night... :o
Lolzzz , Hez been fired.