International Friendlies

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Okay, number one, Italy were competitive in that final before we went down to 10 men and were unlucky to be behind by a two goal margin.
Number two, if that was a poor side I don't know what that makes the England and Germany sides we beat on the way to the final.
Finally, in the last five games between us it's actually 2 wins, 2 draws (includes the confeds cup) and 1 loss in Spain's favour plus we've actually scored 3 goals, not 1.
Please just stop.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When Spain wins 4 world cups and produces as many legendary players and coaches as Italy; then they can brag. For now they can jerk off to their one world cup all they want because they're not going to win another for a very long time. :devilfuc:

pimg_733935113221452.jpg

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
When Spain wins 4 world cups and produces as many legendary players and coaches as Italy; then they can brag.

The man cant say fairer than that. True.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
The man cant say fairer than that. True.

Not when u realise 2 of those were won under dubious circumstances ;) ... Plus the best team wasn't even at 34 or 38 (Uruguay)

Agree with the coaches though... Sacchi, Capello Ancelotti Rocco :thumbsup: Throw in Trappatoni and Now Conte

Italy is probably the only nation that can boast of a great tradition of producing defenders... but they are lacking when you put up their mid and attack up against the likes of Brazil etc.

But Defenders ... yes they have a monopoly in that part of the field.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not when u realise 2 of those were won under dubious circumstances ;) ... Plus the best team wasn't even at 34 or 38 (Uruguay)

Agree with the coaches though... Sacchi, Capello Ancelotti Rocco :thumbsup: Throw in Trappatoni and Now Conte

Italy is probably the only nation that can boast of a great tradition of producing defenders... but they are lacking when you put up their mid and attack up against the likes of Brazil etc.

So, at the end, they r 2 WCs, coaches and players better off? Thats wot that other guy said and to which I agreed with.

PS - If only Peter Schmeichel and Michael Laudrup were Italian.

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Germany also had a dubious win in 1990 as well as Spain in 2010. What I meant is Italy can produce world cup winning squads that have beaten the strongest teams in their respective era. Add to the fact they reach the World Cup final every 12 years since 1970; that's pretty impressive.

True Italy isn't known for its midfield (that would be Brazil and Germany) but I think the last two generations made some very good Italian midfielders: Baggio, Pirlo, Gattuso, Camoranesi, Albertini, and De Rossi. And despite never having an amazing midfield; they managed to beat the extremely talented Brazilian midfield of Socrates, Zico, Eder, and Falcao in 1982 and went on to win the final against Germany :D Shame that Baggio and Baresi missed their penalties in 1994 because Baresi deserved the win after his incredible defensive display.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So, at the end, they r 2 WCs, coaches and players better off? Thats wot that other guy said and to which I agreed with.

Oh in terms of comparing em to spain then yeah. Both r kinda boring to watch tbh.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh in terms of comparing em to spain then yeah. Both r kinda boring to watch tbh.

It is now. But back then? Watching Italian football back then was like watching Bobby Fischer play chess.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Germany also had a dubious win in 1990 as well as Spain in 2010. What I meant is Italy can produce world cup winning squads that have beaten the strongest teams in their respective era. Add to the fact they reach the World Cup final every 12 years since 1970; that's pretty impressive.

True Italy isn't known for its midfield (that would be Brazil and Germany) but I think the last two generations made some very good Italian midfielders: Baggio, Pirlo, Gattuso, Camoranesi, Albertini, and De Rossi. And despite never having an amazing midfield; they managed to beat the extremely talented Brazilian midfield of Socrates, Zico, Eder, and Falcao in 1982 and went on to win the final against Germany :D Shame that Baggio and Baresi missed their penalties in 1994 because Baresi deserved the win after his incredible defensive display.

True Germans were a bit dirty in 1990... but they were probably the team of the Tournament. I know SPain were boring n 2010... but can't remember it being a dubious win. Unless you mean that game (can't remember who, where the opponents had a player sent off in the group or last 16 , q/f)

1970 :lol: another 4 goal mauling... but at least this time it was against the Greatest International Side of all time. So maybe it wasn't as bad.

I think in 82 the best team lost i.e Brazil.

Even if I do agree with those names you listed in as the Great mids of the Italian side.. it's still a poor return. I mean in the same time the Dutch have contributed Rijkaard, Davids, Seedorf, Sneijder, Van Bommel. etc etc.

Massaro missed a pen as well :cry:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Germany also had a dubious win in 1990.

last two generations made some very good Italian midfielders: Baggio, Gattuso, Camoranesi

Fuck Gascoigne's tears... I remember Maradona's tears!

Baggio was No10. We dont count No10s as midfielders. Also, LOL@gattuso n camo.

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
True Germans were a bit dirty in 1990... but they were probably the team of the Tournament. I know SPain were boring n 2010... but can't remember it being a dubious win. Unless you mean that game (can't remember who, where the opponents had a player sent off in the group or last 16 , q/f)

1970 :lol: another 4 goal mauling... but at least this time it was against the Greatest International Side of all time. So maybe it wasn't as bad.

I think in 82 the best team lost i.e Brazil.

Even if I do agree with those names you listed in as the Great mids of the Italian side.. it's still a poor return. I mean in the same time the Dutch have contributed Rijkaard, Davids, Seedorf, Sneijder, Van Bommel. etc etc.

Massaro missed a pen as well :cry:

The red card was vs. Chile and it was Marco Estrada who was sent off. There were other dubious calls. Before the Iniesta goal in the final; Elia was fouled by Sergio Ramos and it wasn't called. Against Paraguay, Paraguay has a clean goal disallowed and Paraguay would have taken the lead. Against Portugal, the goal was offside. I mean it's quite a bit of stuff lol

What the Dutch have in midfield they lack in defense :o No International team I think has had a complete strength in all positions over another team.
And no no no in 1982 the best team lost to the REAL best team haha :D

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

1990 was such a biased final against the Argentina team. I've said it a bunch of times. #10 = attacking mid :o but hey man I said very good midfielders not legendary ones. ;)

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
#10 = attacking mid :o

Stop it, just stop it. This is a Ron Swanson moment, I Know More Than You!

No10 is Cantona, No10 is a Roberto Mancini, Savicevic.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I'm so glad you pointed that out :thumbsup:

The red card was vs. Chile and it was Marco Estrada who was sent off. There were other dubious calls. Before the Iniesta goal in the final; Elia was fouled by Sergio Ramos and it wasn't called. Against Paraguay, Paraguay has a clean goal disallowed and Paraguay would have taken the lead. Against Portugal, the goal was offside. I mean it's quite a bit of stuff lol

What the Dutch have in midfield they lack in defense :o No International team I think has had a complete strength in all positions over another team.
And no no no in 1982 the best team lost to the REAL best team haha :D

Not denying any of those calls... but at the same time i'm not gonna draw up a list of incidents which have gone in favour of Italy (not incuding the 34/38 dubious victories). See when you point a finger at someone... 3 are pointing back at you ;)

Incidents aside i found that Spain team was extremely boring to watch. I applaud the possession but FFS stick the ball in the back of the net :lol: have a shot from long distance... DO SOMETHING apart from a 5 yard pass and hogging possession. Fuck Xavi give me Peeerlo. Boring ass mofos. Rogerio Ceni has a better goals to games ratio than Iniesta :lol:

I said it already, Italy has a monopoly on defenders... NO nation can contest them in that department... but they are sorely lacking in the mid and forward line in comparison to others.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Only Brazil have a better reputation than Italy when it comes to forwards. More in numbers too.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Last edited:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol. Wot the fuck. Feel like Fenster when he says: "Wot you go on do that for, tryin make a poing."

Eh... it could have been worse.... remember Kay pee bee :lol:

Love the Fenster reference.... that made me crease up :lol::lol::lol::lol: oh boy :thumbsup:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Stop it, just stop it. This is a Ron Swanson moment, I Know More Than You!

No10 is Cantona, No10 is a Roberto Mancini, Savicevic.

Calma calma lol I didn't meant to come off as some know it all. So fine let's remove him from the midfield list. Though since he is a fantasista, he can be classified as both a forward and midfielder. :tongue:

I'm so glad you pointed that out :thumbsup:

Not denying any of those calls... but at the same time i'm not gonna draw up a list of incidents which have gone in favour of Italy (not incuding the 34/38 dubious victories). See when you point a finger at someone... 3 are pointing back at you ;)

Incidents aside i found that Spain team was extremely boring to watch. I applaud the possession but FFS stick the ball in the back of the net :lol: have a shot from long distance... DO SOMETHING apart from a 5 yard pass and hogging possession. Fuck Xavi give me Peeerlo. Boring ass mofos. Rogerio Ceni has a better goals to games ratio than Iniesta :lol:

I said it already, Italy has a monopoly on defenders... NO nation can contest them in that department... but they are sorely lacking in the mid and forward line in comparison to others.

:D Fair point.

Yeah I really hate Guardiola for starting that boring possession game again. Granted it works but it's boring as hell. Italy has had some very good strikers though as well but not as good as the legendary Argentina attackers.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Btw lets go Ecuador :o
We're doing very well against Argentina. I'm surprised to see Pastore playing for Argentina. About time they called him to play :thumbsup:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Btw lets go Ecuador :o
We're doing very well against Argentina. I'm surprised to see Pastore playing for Argentina. About time they called him to play :thumbsup:

Where is this game taking place ??? missed the first half :(

Scratch that.. just seen it's the metlife stadium... Gotta give the yanks one thing... Make some huge stadiums :thumbsup:

Last edited:

kosL

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Japan vs Uzbekistan 5:1

It was a fast and entertaining match.

Honda was the Captain.

images

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Where is this game taking place ??? missed the first half :(

Scratch that.. just seen it's the metlife stadium... Gotta give the yanks one thing... Make some huge stadiums :thumbsup:

Thanks to the American Football culture here :thumbsup:

Come on Ecuador attack dammit :mad:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Japan vs Uzbekistan 5:1

It was fast and entertaining match.

Honda the Captain

images

Whoa.... great result.

Sadly this is the only footage i've ever seen of Uzbekistani Footballers.... but they seem to be pretty nifty.

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No worries Ecuador will score soon :o
Martino is the coach of Argentina now? Very good choice. No wonder Pastore was finally called and I expect to see this Argentina get far in Copa America

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No worries Ecuador will score soon :o
Martino is the coach of Argentina now? Very good choice. No wonder Pastore was finally called and I expect to see this Argentina get far in Copa America

This years Copa should be tasty.

Argentina
Brazil
Colombia (Rodriguez, Cuadrado, Falcao)
Chile (Hosts)
And then you have Uruguay. The Kings of the Cup. With Suarez n Co.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This years Copa should be tasty.

Argentina
Brazil
Colombia (Rodriguez, Cuadrado, Falcao)
Chile (Hosts)
And then you have Uruguay. The Kings of the Cup. With Suarez n Co.

I expect those two to be out quite early tbh. Their midfield is bad, especially Colombia's. Colombia has good attacking players and fullbacks but defense wise they are VERY vulnerable.

Brazil's attack is meh.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
No Messi and Argentina keep winning (even beating Germany)
No CR7 and Portugal lose to fuckin Cape Verde :lol:
Fuck Me$$! Groupies :o