The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Let me guess, you're a really old guy.. She definitely seems to get under that demographic's skin :lol:

Age has nothing to do with it but I’m in my 60’s

She is a priceless moron, by the way

Ask tantalis who lives in the same city as her

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Gazzetta-Milan-Barella, the Rossoneri could insert some technical counterpart: in Cagliari could interest Laxalt and Plizzari [MilanNews]

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Don’t understand why people would want to sell Donna :fp:

nvdmrd

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
IF donna wants renew with same salary to 2023, i prefer focus on laxalt,suso,kessie,casti,cutro,... for balance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don’t understand why people would want to sell Donna :fp:
Not that we want to, but his the most logical player to leave.

His a goalkeeper that cost a 100 mil, has the highest salary and while great is not exactly irreplaceable with the young lad at the U20 World Cup.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Juve: Guardiola no, Sarri maybe?
By Football Italia staff

Juventus did make an offer to Pep Guardiola worth €20m per year, but he turned it down, while now Chelsea are trying to keep hold of Maurizio Sarri, it’s reported.

The Bianconeri are still without a Coach over a month after confirming Max Allegri was dismissed.

As the delays drag on, different scenarios are opening up and reports are coming in from all over Europe.

According to Eurosport, Juve did indeed make an offer to Manchester City manager Guardiola worth €20m per year, a story that had already appeared in ********** several weeks ago.

However, unlike the claims that continue to suggest he signed a pre-contract agreement or had given them any kind of guarantee, this source insists Guardiola rejected it immediately.

The Bianconeri turned to Sarri instead and Chelsea had been expected to release him after a gentlemen’s agreement as soon as they found a replacement.

However, The Sun maintain in Wednesday’s paper that Chelsea are so unimpressed by the potential candidates, they’re making a last-ditch bid to change Sarri’s mind.

His debut season at Stamford Bridge was criticised by many, yet he won the Europa League, took them to third place in the Premier League and only lost the Carabao Cup Final on penalties to Manchester City.

SportItalia transfer expert Alfredo Pedullà, who is notoriously close to Sarri, claims the Coach has already held a conference call with Juventus players to reassure them about the approach he will be taking next season.

He expects the announcement to arrive by Thursday, at an absolute push Friday.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only universal truth is no cl no increase revenue.

After we get cl it will be a domino effect with the sponsors, fans, higher caliber players, tv revenues, increased player value due to int exposure...

So they better do what they have to do to get that 4th place thats the only thing that should be on their mind.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
get that 4th place thats the only thing that should be on their mind.

No doubt, no doubt.

Also need to bring the wage bill down.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still think Kouame is the most sensible option as the partner for Piatek.

I like that Sensi can play both anchor and mezzala. This will allow us to have a smaller squad while maintaining high quality, since players can fill in for each other in many different positions. Versatility of Hakan, Paqueta, Jack and potentially Praet will be very useful next year with so many midfield spots. 4 positions to be filled with:

Paqueta
Praet
Sensi
Kessie
Bonaventura
Hakan
Biglia

I'd rather sell Biglia if we can and replace him with Diawara, but I can see why we keep him another year until his contract expires. On his day he's very good and his experience can help the midfielders grow.

Not sure about Barella. Would love to have him, he's the real deal and would fit in very nicely. Just worried about an auction scenario with Inter because it seems with Conte they'll be very stubborn and keep raising the price no matter what. Can't hurt to try I guess. Seems like Praet won't be that much cheaper than him anyway.

Making a sort of big deal with Cagliari involving Cragno, Cutrone and potentially also Plizzari could be a win-win for everyone. We would first sell Donnarumma to PSG. Then we buy Barella and Cragno in return for cash and Plizzari (loan+option+buyback) Cutrone and Laxalt.

I don't see Suso staying next year. He's too good to be on the bench and there's no space for him in a 4312. We should replace him with Kouame.

An attack of Piatek, Kouame, Andre Silva and Borini is fine. Maybe keep Castillejo as the vice Kouame if we don't get a good offer.

Defense is fine. Renewing Zapata would be better, otherwise let's get Andersen. No Mancini please, I don't trust Atalanta defenders anymore.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not that we want to, but his the most logical player to leave.

His a goalkeeper that cost a 100 mil, has the highest salary and while great is not exactly irreplaceable with the young lad at the U20 World Cup.

You're forgetting the most important point. If we don't sell him now we'll lose him for free in two years or sell him for less than half his value next summer.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
No doubt, no doubt.

Also need to bring the wage bill down.

That will already be down a lot on last season with no Higuain 6 month salary, all the end of contract departures including some quite high wages and Bakayoko also going.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Sassuolo are asking Locatelli plus 20m?

Gazzetta - Milan, the assault on Sensi ready: 15 million deal
12.06.2019 10:00 by Enrico Ferrazzi

Milan has set its sights on Stefano Sensi for several years now, but perhaps never as close as it is now to take it: yesterday, in fact, at Casa Milan there was a meeting with his agent, Giuseppe Riso, in which the dt Paolo Maldini not only confirmed the interest of the Rossoneri, but also restarted the negotiation that should lead to the definitive purchase of the young Sassuolo midfielder (a five-year contract is ready for him).

DISCOUNT - La Gazzetta dello Sport reported this morning explaining that the money that Milan still has to collect for Locatelli also offers a shortcut: the Rossoneri club boasts a credit with the Sassuolo of 15 million euros, that is the mandatory redemption of Manuel. The company in via Aldo Rossi is therefore ready to put on the plate about 15 million, while for the moment the request of the neroverdi exceeds 20 million. The will of Sensi, however, is clear and for this reason Milan hopes to reach a solution quickly.

DOUBLE ROLE - With the Sassuolo jersey, the young midfielder born in 1995 played both as a director and as a midfielder: in the Rossoneri he could then take the place in front of Bakayoko and Biglia's defense or play to the right or left of a more experienced director (he is this is the idea of ​​Boban). Sensi also represents the perfect identikit of the Milan goal: young, at still accessible costs and with excellent possibilities for further enhancement.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

I like that Sensi can play both anchor and mezzala. This will allow us to have a smaller squad while maintaining high quality, since players can fill in for each other in many different positions. Versatility of Hakan, Paqueta, Jack and potentially Praet will be very useful next year with so many midfield spots. 4 positions to be filled with:

Paqueta
Praet
Sensi
Kessie
Bonaventura
Hakan
Biglia

I'd rather sell Biglia if we can and replace him with Diawara, but I can see why we keep him another year until his contract expires. On his day he's very good and his experience can help the midfielders grow.

Not sure about Barella. Would love to have him, he's the real deal and would fit in very nicely. Just worried about an auction scenario with Inter because it seems with Conte they'll be very stubborn and keep raising the price no matter what. Can't hurt to try I guess. Seems like Praet won't be that much cheaper than him anyway.

Making a sort of big deal with Cagliari involving Cragno, Cutrone and potentially also Plizzari could be a win-win for everyone. We would first sell Donnarumma to PSG. Then we buy Barella and Cragno in return for cash and Plizzari (loan+option+buyback) Cutrone and Laxalt.

I don't see Suso staying next year. He's too good to be on the bench and there's no space for him in a 4312. We should replace him with Kouame.

An attack of Piatek, Kouame, Andre Silva and Borini is fine. Maybe keep Castillejo as the vice Kouame if we don't get a good offer.

Defense is fine. Renewing Zapata would be better, otherwise let's get Andersen. No Mancini please, I don't trust Atalanta defenders anymore.

Replace Suso with a guy who had 4 goals in 38 matches because he was a good partner for Piatek?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What's with the Kouame fetish here? What has he actually proven to be worthy of all that hype?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What's with the Kouame fetish here? What has he actually proven to be worthy of all that hype?

Looks like Niang's long lost twin brother if you ask me. Fast, able to hold the ball but not really a strong passer and little output in terms of goal.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, and he might turn out ok. But he is not our summer reinforcement in attack.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
As early as today, Friday or #nextweek

Milan set to appoint director Massara
By Football Italia staff

Milan are expected to sign former Roma director of sport Frederic ‘Ricky’ Massara as early as today, with Marco Giampaolo as Coach on Friday.

The Rossoneri have been in the unusual position of beginning the summer transfer window without a director of sport, as Leonardo resigned on the same day as Gennaro Gattuso’s exit by mutual consent.

They had targeted Lazio’s Igli Tare, but he opted to remain at the club where he has been for a decade.

Milan instead turned to Massara, who just last week saw Roma opt not to extend his contract, as he has been replaced by Gianluca Petrachi of Torino.

Massara was Monchi’s right-hand man, then took the main role once the Spaniard resigned in March.

He had been at Roma since 2011, although had briefly left in 2017.

Meanwhile, Sampdoria Coach Giampaolo is expected to be appointed on Friday, once he has terminated his contract by mutual consent.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Looks like Niang's long lost twin brother if you ask me. Fast, able to hold the ball but not really a strong passer and little output in terms of goal.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, and he might turn out ok. But he is not our summer reinforcement in attack.

Much prefer an Everton or Depay name for SS. Someone less of a gamble to succeed.

KooJii

Primavera
Reaction score
Juve: Guardiola no, Sarri maybe?
By Football Italia staff

Juventus did make an offer to Pep Guardiola worth €20m per year, but he turned it down, while now Chelsea are trying to keep hold of Maurizio Sarri, it’s reported.

The Bianconeri are still without a Coach over a month after confirming Max Allegri was dismissed.

As the delays drag on, different scenarios are opening up and reports are coming in from all over Europe.

According to Eurosport, Juve did indeed make an offer to Manchester City manager Guardiola worth €20m per year, a story that had already appeared in ********** several weeks ago.

However, unlike the claims that continue to suggest he signed a pre-contract agreement or had given them any kind of guarantee, this source insists Guardiola rejected it immediately.

The Bianconeri turned to Sarri instead and Chelsea had been expected to release him after a gentlemen’s agreement as soon as they found a replacement.

However, The Sun maintain in Wednesday’s paper that Chelsea are so unimpressed by the potential candidates, they’re making a last-ditch bid to change Sarri’s mind.

His debut season at Stamford Bridge was criticised by many, yet he won the Europa League, took them to third place in the Premier League and only lost the Carabao Cup Final on penalties to Manchester City.

SportItalia transfer expert Alfredo Pedullà, who is notoriously close to Sarri, claims the Coach has already held a conference call with Juventus players to reassure them about the approach he will be taking next season.

He expects the announcement to arrive by Thursday, at an absolute push Friday.

This is interesting. Sarri has a contract with Chelsea and they can drag this on like they did with Conte. Juve is in a difficult situation now. This will definitely affect in their summer plans and preseason.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Much prefer an Everton or Depay name for SS. Someone less of a gamble to succeed.

Everton is a bit of a gamble, as players from other continents always are, but at least he offers a broad skillset mixed with goals and flair.

People have to stop thinking that you can assemble a team from mediocre Serie A teams based solely on characteristics and that's enough because they've played exactly that role kinda well in a 17th placed team. We need someone of high output to solve that SS role in Giampaolos system. Someone close to a sure thing.

Quality and talent rules the roost.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
According to Sean Pelucchi, Milan like Valencia player Rodrigo. A deal could happen involving Andre Silva.

Haven't seen this guy. 28 years old, not exactly Elliott material.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Paqueta
Praet
Sensi
Kessie
Bonaventura
Hakan
Biglia

I don‘t agree fully:
-Kouame looks good but clear starter at SS without a real alternative - meh, not horrible but not great either.
-Silva: the 3rd choice striker will play quite regularly, I‘d give Silva that he should be able to improve but this looks like we are going to have a quality issue overall. Also unlike Cutrone Silva is kinda static and soft despite his talent, Cutrone seems much more confident in making runs and going wide.

If the capital gain from Suso and maybe Donna is enough we should keep Cutrone and sell Silva, that would improve your attack a lot
If it isn‘t we should sell both and sign Koumae as 3rd choice striker and an additional SS.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

A better Niang is exactly the kind of player you need to play next to Piatek. Someone with the speed, physicality and skill to draw defenders out of shape and run after direct balls into the channels.

Giampaolo plays extremely direct when the team manages to break the press, so there will be space to run into. Piatek is lethal in the box but he's not that great running into space from deep. We need someone that beat defenders for pace but with enough skill to turn and maybe beat a man and cross to Piatek.

Kouame did this exact job (for Piatek) at Genoa and was very good at it. There are better players obviously. I think Kouame is a good Elliott type player. He's the right age, still hasn't really exploded, reasonably priced (my guess is around 25m) and has a huge ceiling.

Sure he only scored a few goals but that's not his primary job. It's not his fault Genoa imploded after they sold Piatek. Sanabria couldn't fill his shoes and they played differently under Prandelli after the winter break, with Kouame as a LW and not up front in a duo.

Saint-Maximin, Everton, Kouame can do the job. I'd rather get Richarlison or Pepe, but they're out of our budget for now.

If we spend big i'd rather we spend on the anchor position. That's the crucial position that I feel we can upgrade. I'm not sure Biglia, Sensi, Praet or even Diawara are the absolute best options for us. Maybe there's someone out there we can spend 50m+ on that would elevate the team.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to Sean Pelucchi, Milan like Valencia player Rodrigo. A deal could happen involving Andre Silva.

Haven't seen this guy. 28 years old, not exactly Elliott material.

I remember watching him and his good? But I don't watch enough of him to call my opinion fact.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
So UK media are now reporting Pep’s considering a sabbatical and Eurosport confirmed negotiations occurred with Juve...

#IT’sHAPPENING!! :lol:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
The player that replaces Suso also has to create a buzz to put more asses in seats @ SS.
Attendance levels need to stay consistent into next season after the disappointment of missing out on top 4. If Suso's legs were as fast as his feet, he would be Eden Hazard MK 2.

We need a Ziyech like signing to partner Piatek, because believe it or not Suso's goals to assist ratio will be missed, if the club fails to bring in the right profile.

Piatek is Milan's number 9 going forward and Cutrone would be his vice, that's not an ideal scenario as Cutrone needs to play in order to develop. If the club gets 30m for Patrick they seriously have to consider cashing in that capital gain.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
This is interesting. Sarri has a contract with Chelsea and they can drag this on like they did with Conte. Juve is in a difficult situation now. This will definitely affect in their summer plans and preseason.

Do you really believe that Juve would let a 5x league winner and 2x CL finalist leave without having a replacement locked down? Lol

Also, I doubt Paolo’s stupid enough to hire the worst Manager in the top 8 and expect us to challenge for CL...

1. Ancelotti
2. Conte
3. Sarri
4. Gasperini
5. Mazzarri
6. Inzaghi
7. Fonseca
8. GiampaolNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule