Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

jackfrost

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Real Madrid Will Recall Sevilla's Alvaro Negredo To Seal A Swap Plus Cash Deal For Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero - Report

So far this seems to be only a rumor. But if Adebayor delivers and far outperforms benzema, then Real will be hard press not to buy him.

on a sidenote, can somebody tell me why C.Ronaldo does so many unnecessary moves with the football? I mean he does moves that don't really mount to anything when a simple pass could have been more effective.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yep, it's ridiculous...i respect him as some hard working guy, always wanting to play even if injured, trying to fix his lack of talent with physical attributes but that dude looks so fake when he tries to do some moves with the ball and like you wrote, it's unnecessary..he should just stop it.

Last edited:

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Striker Emmanuel Adebayor: I Love Real Madrid And Want To Help

Emmanuel Adebayor has professed his love for Real Madrid since joining on loan from Manchester City.

Real Madrid striker Emmanuel Adebayor has professed his love for the club and stressed his desire to help the team achieve success this season.

The on-loan Manchester City hitman netted his first goal for his new team during the Copa del Rey semi-final against Sevilla in midweek.

Speaking in an interview with AS, he discussed his joy at finding the net, and also his early impressions of life at the Santiago Bernabeu.

He remarked: “I am very happy to have scored. It was a dream to play in a stadium as impressive as the Santiago Bernabeu. I love this club and I am here to help. I’m here to play as often as they want me to play.

“I am impressed by the quality of the players, it is fantastic. [Mesut] Oezil scored a great goal before I managed to get mine.”

The 26-year-old also reckons that despite the incredible recent form of Barcelona, Los Blancos have every chance of picking up a victory in the Copa del Rey final in April.

He said of the Blaugrana: “They are one of the best teams in the world, and we do not doubt their quality, but a final is a game over 90 or 120 minutes, and we will have our chances. We will go for it.”

The Young Real Madrid Stars Being Scouted By Premier League Clubs

English teams have their eye on Jose's kids.

Jose Mourinho’s Real Madrid stars make the headlines but a number of Premier League managers - and their scouts - are more interested in what’s going on in the reserve Castilla team.

A new generation of stars are making waves in the Segunda B – the third tier of Spanish football - and Mourinho has handed first-team debuts to some of his emerging talents.

The 3-1 victory over UD Extremadura on Sunday was watched by scouts from Manchester United and Manchester City with representatives from Fulham and Wigan also present.

And with Aston Villa, Everton and Bolton all interested in bringing a number of the stars from the Meregue ‘Factory’, Goal.com UK takes a look at five young talents who could soon be heading for the English top flight.

ALVARO MORATA MARTIN (Morata)

Many young players are blighted with the ‘he’s the next such and such’ comparisons but it’s hard to avoid talking about Morata without comparing him to the great Raul or another Bernabeu legend, Fernando Morientes.

Signed from Getafe in 2008, he’s made inroads with Castilla, scoring five in the last four games, and Mourinho’s first-team, featuring in La Liga and Copa del Rey fixtures this term.

Morata is a lean and tall forward, excellent in the air and shows stand-out quality with and without the ball. A devastating finisher who gives defences real problems with his movement – he likes to come deep but also moves wide, posing the back line plenty of problems.

And he’s making his mark at international level, too. Morata has bagged four goals in five games for Spain’s Under 19s. Manchester United are amongst the teams interested in the youngster.

PABLO SARABIA GARCIA (Pablo Sarabia)

Arsene Wenger has a proven track-record in taking young Spanish talent to north London and moulding them into world-class talents. Rumour is, Sarabia could be his next project.

Sarabia has already developed a fearsome reputation for his trickery and guile on the wing, earning himself the nickname the ‘Jewel of the Castilla’.

But Wenger will have to join the lengthy queue of Europe’s elite clubs who are following the 18-year-old. Spanish rivals Barcelona are also interested, as are Inter, and Manchester United have scouted him in the past six months.

But any club hoping to capture his signature will have to guarantee him first-team action.

JUAN CARLOS PEREZ LOPEZ (Juan Carlos)

Very much the attacking midfielder, Carlos stands out for his physical abilities and his prowess in front of goal – he bagged 10 goals in the second half of last season.

However, this young Spanish starlet is just about the glory, his work ethic is second to none in the current squad, a box-to-box dynamo who does his fair share of defending.

His technical capabilities in midfield though are most likely to form the basis of his future career – short and long passing plus excellent movement make him a very bright prospect.

Carlos has struggled for goals this season but remains one of Mourinho’s favourites, Real’s embarrassment of options in the centre is the only reason for his failure to trouble the first team.

JUAN FRANCISO MORENO (Juanfran)

If you’re looking for the player who looks most likely to become the next superstar from the current Castilla side, Juanfran is the lead contender.

Mourinho has already put his stamp on this pacy right winger, comparing him to the Bernabeu’s current beau, one Cristiano Ronaldo.

And you can see why the Special One is so taken with the 22-year-old – he’s big, powerful and boasts all of the requisite tricks to make it in the Spanish top flight.

However, like many of his fellow Castillans, the lack of first team opportunities means he could be tempted by a move away to prove against the best on a regular basis.

FRANCISO MANUEL RICO CASTOR (Fran Rico)

Rico made a devastating start to his Castilla career, scoring on his debut against Vecindario in 2008, but his career stumbled soon after following a shocking knee injury.

He sat out eight months of the season, but testament to his work ethic and a lengthy period of physiotherapy he came back, fitter than ever.

The 23-year-old is a cultured midfielder, not prone to rash decisions or losing control, he dictates the play from midfield, picking his passes at will.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...-madrid-stars-being-scouted-by-premier-league

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
So far this seems to be only a rumor. But if Adebayor delivers and far outperforms benzema, then Real will be hard press not to buy him.

on a sidenote, can somebody tell me why C.Ronaldo does so many unnecessary moves with the football? I mean he does moves that don't really mount to anything when a simple pass could have been more effective.

yep, it's ridiculous...i respect him as some hard working guy, always wanting to play even if injured, trying to fix his lack of talent with physical attributes but that dude looks so fake when he tries to do some moves with the ball and like you wrote, it's unnecessary..he should just stop it.

I think he gets off on it, meaning he gets the confidence after doing those tricks n dribble and then he takes on a player or 2 and smashes a shot either on target or wide. Psychological effect play a role in it i guess, same way like he gets turned on by the fans jeering at him.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.

Madridista won't agree with this lol

Although this also why Messi regarded as better player than him, looks at messi now, he doesn't seem as such a dribble hog again.

Last edited:

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think he gets off on it, meaning he gets the confidence after doing those tricks n dribble and then he takes on a player or 2 and smashes a shot either on target or wide. Psychological effect play a role in it i guess, same way like he gets turned on by the fans jeering at him.

yea but it's ridiculous too see some of those moves not near the shooting range.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Fuck Barca + Real , I have spent like 10min watching Devil's sig LOL

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Fuck Barca + Real , I have spent like 10min watching Devil's sig LOL

Was gonna post something like that earlier :D

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
What posts ?
I honestly didnt read one word of it :D
Its like those moments when you see a guy & a girl & after 30 seconds on checking the girl you finally throw a glimpse & the guy + realize that the guy is actually your best friend/brother/etc........

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
47e202a8467c0ab49a7ea13735575fe5.png

4 - Fernando Torres will become the 4th Spaniard to play for Chelsea in PL history (after Ferrer, De Lucas & Del Horno). Escudo.

5 - Barcelona have scored fewer goals from set pieces than any side in Liga BBVA this season. Flaw

4 – Raúl has scored Schalke´s last four goals in the Bundesliga. Solo

8 - Fernando Llorente has scored eight headed goals in the league this season, no TEAM has scored more than this. Giant

1585 - Despite playing 1585 minutes, David Trezeguet is yet to be fouled in Liga BBVA this season. Respect

117 - Xavi has made at least 29 passes more per 90 minutes than any player in any of Europe´s top five leagues this season. Puppeteer

58% - C. Ronaldo is the only LigaBBVA player who has contributed (goal, assist) to more than 50% of his team's goals this season. Shoulders.

http://twitter.com/optajose

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
5 - Barcelona have scored fewer goals from set pieces than any side in Liga BBVA this season. Flaw

Guess what... The midget army can't score from set pieces

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Guess what... The midget army can't score from set pieces

Even without their set piece goals, they still have 14 goals more than the second highest in the league. Remarkable.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
U should make ur own tweet.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even without their set piece goals, they still have 14 goals more than the second highest in the league. Remarkable.

It's 19 actually (67 x 48 from Real Madrid). But yeah, remarkable

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I love Llorente, legend and although it wouldn't really be fair for his talent. I hope he stays at Bilbao forever.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
U want another Yeste?
"wasted" talent IMO.

Reaction score
barcelona's victory today means automatically they'll get the title... and no hope for RM

Forza Milano

Serie A Winners 2010/2011
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Zidane, Larsson, Kaka, Pirlo, L.Ronaldo, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva
barcelona's victory today means automatically they'll get the title... and no hope for RM

Not true

the league for real madrid is not over untill its over

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
U want another Yeste?
"wasted" talent IMO.

Yeste plays for Al Wasl now, so no.

Llorente might be a wasted talent at the end of things, but i love Bilbao and i really like him. Him and Javi Martinez are awesome and both are incredibly handsome, especially Llorente.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Llorente might be a wasted talent at the end of things, but i love Bilbao and i really like him. Him and Javi Martinez are awesome and both are incredibly handsome, especially Llorente.
But still Yeste can have better career if move from there when younger, that's what I mean.
Raul Tamudo at espanyol too lawl, but he doesn't have much choice TBF.

Forza Milano

Serie A Winners 2010/2011
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Zidane, Larsson, Kaka, Pirlo, L.Ronaldo, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva

what has looks got to do with football

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
But still Yeste can have better career if move from there when younger, that's what I mean.
Raul Tamudo at espanyol too lawl, but he doesn't have much choice TBF.

I know what you mean, i'd just much prefer it if Llorente and Martinez stayed at Bilbao for their whole careers than move to Madrid or Barcelona and be tossed onto the garbage pile after a day.

what has looks got to do with football

Nothing. Just means they're nice to look at.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's 19 actually (67 x 48 from Real Madrid). But yeah, remarkable

No i meant u take away the 5 set pieces goals from the total (67) and that leaves 62 open play goals, so 14 more than second highest (48)

At this rate, they will go on to score about 120 goals this season :eek:

U want another Yeste?
"wasted" talent IMO.

Yeste was amazing. Llorente is an idiot for rejecting Liverpool move.

Bilbao has some good talent. Martinez, Muniain etc. They should move to bigger clubs.

Last edited:

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Since we're talking about Yeste...

Fecking underrated player, I'm remember when I still have La liga in my channel 3-4 years ago, I'm always wondering "The feck this dude doing @ this shit club?"

IIRC he linked to Valencia n several club in the past but he reject it, Bilbao's player loyalty is awesome.

Last edited: