• Total voters

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Wild said:
Reyes & Torres = 2 different players.

Did u hear about Reyes b4 joining Arsenal ?
If he didn’t make it then how come Real want him ?
I think Wenger once again have gave us a good player 2 enjoy.

Yes, I remember Reyes during his Sevilla career. He used to be a talented player, and he still is. But nothing more nor less than that.
Well unless you've got some 'insider' info you really can't say that the Real-link is true, it wouldn't be the first *fantasy-football* story they've made up! Btw I see that this world-class player Tavano is being linked with Real as well!:D

Well where will this end, first they bought the outstanding Pablo Garcia and now Tavano, watch out for Real!:D

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Wild said:
Torres is the next sheva.

That's a pretty big call to be comparing him to Sheva when he hasn't really proven anything.

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
Kaka_22 said:
What's wrong with buying Torres???? Just imagine this...what if Sheva and Gila are injured at the same time??? Wouldn't it be a MAJOR problem for us??!!! Who will stand in for them, then???? The 2 old hags??? Knock on wood, man!!!!
do you think he will come to us just to be a back up for Sheva and Gila?i dont think so

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Torres costs around 30M E, it's foolish to spent that money on a striker. We could get 3 defenders with that sum.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
San Paolo said:
That's a pretty big call to be comparing him to Sheva when he hasn't really proven anything.
He has been scoring 15+ goal / season in Spanish league 4 some time now.
Scored 7 goals as I remember with Spain in WC qualifications.
What do u expect from a 21 years old striker playing with a team like Atletico Madrid ?

Torres moving 2 a bigger club is the next step.
From there he either evolve or not.
4 me , with some luck , he will become a world class striker.
Its just a prediction & if u ask me @ least he isn’t overrated like Robinho.

letta mathewos said:
do you think he will come to us just to be a back up for Sheva and Gila?i dont think so
Its always like that in big clubs.
A bit of competition isn’t bad but rather good + a must.

2 b a backup 4 Sheva is an honor + a dream.
He will learn from him.
+ I don’t think he would b a backup coz the 3 will play.
There is injuries + rotation involved.

Torres is a dream that wont happen. :head:

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Wild said:
(....)if u ask me @ least he isn’t overrated like Robinho.
2 b a backup 4 Sheva is an honor + a dream.

Hahaha...I don't think I need to say no more, your posts speak for 'em self!:D:D:D

So what if he scored 7 goals for that crappy Spanish NT? It ain't exactly an stunning achievement, look at what players Spain got.
A player like Eremenko scored 8 goals for Finland during WC qualifyers now, so does that mean that we should buy him as well?
Get real man!

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Big time overrated player. I have seen many games of Atletico Madrid since he was 19, and he has never impress me. And I don't see why everyone in Spain se him as their saviour(Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso, Reyes, are far more better than him).
Besides priorities are priorities, we shouldn't even think of getting an overrated blondie till we get at least 2 defenders.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Velez Mostar said:
Hahaha...I don't think I need to say no more, your posts speak for 'em self!:D:D:D

So what if he scored 7 goals for that crappy Spanish NT? It ain't exactly an stunning achievement, look at what players Spain got.
A player like Eremenko scored 8 goals for Finland during WC qualifyers now, so does that mean that we should buy him as well?
Get real man!
crazy4milan said:
Big time overrated player. I have seen many games of Atletico Madrid since he was 19, and he has never impress me. And I don't see why everyone in Spain se him as their saviour(Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso, Reyes, are far more better than him).
Besides priorities are priorities, we shouldn't even think of getting an overrated blondie till we get at least 2 defenders.
When coaches like Wenger + Morinho r linked with Torres this back up what m saying.
Unless u both know more than em.

Torres is a young talented player.
He still need 2 mature.
I see a great player in him if he continue evolving.
Only time would tell if I was right or wrong about him.

And yes , defenders = priority.
I would even buy defensive midfielders b4 I buy strikers.
But we r talking about Torres here not our priority.

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
GOOOD NEWSSS :D
----------------------

Torres On Milan Agenda?
source goal.com

Spanish daily 'Corriere dello Sport' say Milan are interested in signing Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres.

The Rossoneri have been linked with the Spaniard in the past, with Chelsea and Arsenal also said to be keen.

Although a January move has been muted, this is unlikely, with Atletico surely unwilling to let their best player leave so easily.

Any move may see Christian Vieri go in the other direction, with the Italian having impressed for one season at the Vicente Calderon in the late 1990s.

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
and another GOOD NEEWSSSS:D
-------------------------------
MILAN EYE GUNNERS TARGET TORRES
source: sportinglife.com THE LINK TO READ

AC Milan could make a shock swoop for Arsenal transfer target Fernando Torres.

The Spanish international striker, the hero of Atletico Madrid, has been the hottest property in Spain for a couple of years now.

Chelsea have been linked with a move for him in the past, and now Arsenal are reportedly desperate to take him to Highbury.

But now a move to Serie A is a possibility according to Spanish daily Marca.

The paper says the Rossoneri have confirmed their interest in "El Nino", and could try to land him during the January transfer window.

Any Milan move for Torres could see Christian Vieri return to Atletico.

Vieiri, who moved to AC from rivals Inter in the summer, spent a highly successful season at the Vicente Calderon in the late 1990s.

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva,Kaka,,Gila, ambro, gattuso, pirlo, maldini,
Demerio said:
and another GOOD NEEWSSSS:D
-------------------------------
MILAN EYE GUNNERS TARGET TORRES
source: sportinglife.com THE LINK TO READ

AC Milan could make a shock swoop for Arsenal transfer target Fernando Torres.

The Spanish international striker, the hero of Atletico Madrid, has been the hottest property in Spain for a couple of years now.

Chelsea have been linked with a move for him in the past, and now Arsenal are reportedly desperate to take him to Highbury.

But now a move to Serie A is a possibility according to Spanish daily Marca.

The paper says the Rossoneri have confirmed their interest in "El Nino", and could try to land him during the January transfer window.

Any Milan move for Torres could see Christian Vieri return to Atletico.

Vieiri, who moved to AC from rivals Inter in the summer, spent a highly successful season at the Vicente Calderon in the late 1990s.
Sorry, I wont buy any shit from some unknown site. Although I would welcome Torres to Milan with WIDE open arms because it means Vieri is out, I think (like most here) he's a little overrated.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Wild said:
He has been scoring 15+ goal / season in Spanish league 4 some time now.
Scored 7 goals as I remember with Spain in WC qualifications.
What do u expect from a 21 years old striker playing with a team like Atletico Madrid ?
I don't expect anything, my point is how can you compare him to Sheva, a modern day legend?
Taken his country vercially to the World Cup, scored 24 goals 3 times in Serie A, including one on his debut season, one of the highest goal scorers of all time in European competition yet because Torres he has scored 15 goals on two occassions you rate him right up there with the likes of Sheva.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
San Paolo said:
I don't expect anything, my point is how can you compare him to Sheva, a modern day legend?
Taken his country vercially to the World Cup, scored 24 goals 3 times in Serie A, including one on his debut season, one of the highest goal scorers of all time in European competition yet because Torres he has scored 15 goals on two occassions you rate him right up there with the likes of Sheva.

He's saying that Torres has the potential to be as good as Shevchenko. No one is claiming that Fernando is the finished product yet..similarities exist between the two though--athleticism, pace, dynamic play and goal getting.

Point is, you can't compare two players at different stages of their careers...Shev as a 21 y.o. vs. Torres now is more reasonable...With that in mind, all we can do is wait and see what Torres achieves by around 26 before we compare the two overrall...and what Torres has shown hints to a very bright future--hopefully in red and black.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Congo Powers said:
He's saying that Torres has the potential to be as good as Shevchenko. No one is claiming that Fernando is the finished product yet..similarities exist between the two though--athleticism, pace, dynamic play and goal getting.

Point is, you can't compare two players at different stages of their careers...Shev as a 21 y.o. vs. Torres now is more reasonable...With that in mind, all we can do is wait and see what Torres achieves by around 26 before we compare the two overrall...and what Torres has shown hints to a very bright future--hopefully in red and black.
Thx Congo 4 getting my point + explaining it 2 San.
I don’t know if its my fault or San’s but he is slow in getting my point.

Torres is doing better than Sheva when Sheva was @ his age.
Scoring 15+ in Spanish league since he was 17 is much harder than scoring 20+ in Ukranian league.

Am not saying that Torres is better than Sheva.
Am not saying that Torres will b better than Sheva.
All am saying that Torres is a young talent.
Giving him time + luck + hard work we will have a great striker.

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Torres has the simular gameplay as Sheva. He is not definetely good as him but he is young and with hard work Torres can be a lot more. He is having great physical abbilities...IMO we NEED HIM. I cant find player simular as Sheva. Torres is the nearest footbaler.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
El Nino is player I always followed , I dont know how many times I watched Atl. Madrid just becouse his play .. he was linked with Milan since 2 years now .. definitly a player that will become to a big star.. if we dont sign him soon he will probably go to Chelsea or Real Madrid , only they afford to pay his price...

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wild said:
Thx Congo 4 getting my point + explaining it 2 San.
I don’t know if its my fault or San’s but he is slow in getting my point.
Yeah i feel ya. Just the way you worded it mate. My point is:
There's a difference in saying he is the 'new Shevchenko' or he has the 'potential to become the player Shevchenko is'. He certainly has potential but to compare a player very early in his career to a great goal scorer doesn't fit the bill for mine.
Fair point.

Last edited:

milan_rockz

=7uckyst4r=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*kaka* nesta* maldini* pirlo*
since vieri will be going somewhere else during the transfer, i think it's okay if we get torres but with a reasonable price. he is young and talented. just like gila, he still can play for us for like another 3 or 4 more seasons. but i have my greater concern in our defence. i doubt galliani will be buying any defender on the jan transfer. :(

Kaka_22

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
Read this guys...straight from the mouth of El Nino's agent (extracted from http://tankage.com/torres/news/2006_jan.htm

I hope that this is not just a rumour and that he will eventually be a Rossoneri...I hate to think of Torres playing for Chelsea coz there are rumours that the dreadful Chelsea is after him as well.....

3/1/2006 Milan continues dreaming about Torres

The rossonero club doesn't take their eyes off Fernando Torres. The news of Milan's interest in Fernando is not something new. Ariedo Braida, the brain of the organization, is a defender of the colchonero striker and dreams about taking Fernando to Milan someday.

The Italian newspaper 'Corriere dello Sport' reported yesterday that Milan offered Atletico by a possible exchange of a former Atletico player in the Manzanares squad: Cristian Vieri.

José María Martín Petón, agent of Fernando, however, affirmed not knowing anything about the subject: "The truth is I know nothing about this, but the day of the innocents (El día de los inocentes) is on 28 December (In Italy - certainly - is celebrated on 1 April, 'il pesce d'aprile')". Nonetheless, he admitted that if Fernando moved to an Italian team, it would be Milan. "I don't believe that Italian soccer is an ideal destination for a young player as Fernando; but if there is a club in Italy that he will go to, it will be Milan", commented on Radio Marca.

Last edited:

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
How much must we pay for Torres??
20 or 30 mil.??
Where should he play??
Instead of Sheva or Gila??I don't think so.
We really don't need him and he is far too expensive.
All we need is a backup striker if Vieri leaves and of course new defenders...

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
17-und-4 said:
How much must we pay for Torres??
20 or 30 mil.??
Where should he play??
Instead of Sheva or Gila??I don't think so.
We really don't need him and he is far too expensive.
All we need is a backup striker if Vieri leaves and of course new defenders...

Yupe probably around that ammount but i heard Athletico still owe Milan some money from a deal in the past and that+Vieri could probably bring his price down. Where he would play?? I have no idea. We need to rotate i guess or play with a new formation. Like you said we need new defenders more at the moment but i would love to see Torres in Milan!

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We could play with 3 strikers,Gila and Torres up front and Sheva behind.
But Carlo would never do this!!!
Maybe Van Basten would try it. :)

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
SFU u ALL... Defender can be always be brought, but class strikers are those hard ones. If ve have chance to bring TORRES to MIlan then we must bring him. I dont care if Sheva or gila will play but i know that Sheva is near 30 and that is a reason to think about FERNANDO...
Commee onnn GALIANIIII bring the KIDDDDDD here.....
FORZAAAAAAAAAAA TORRESSSSSS

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demerio said:
SFU u ALL... Defender can be always be brought, but class strikers are those hard ones. If ve have chance to bring TORRES to MIlan then we must bring him. I dont care if Sheva or gila will play but i know that Sheva is near 30 and that is a reason to think about FERNANDO...

Torres is surely not the last good,young striker on the planet.
So strikers can be always bought too.
And i highly doubt he is worth his price and i also doubt he can do well in Serie A.

Kaka_22

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
Demerio said:
U have my support man!!! For the sake of Milan, we must bring Torres to Milan...I heard that Maldini is his idol and Sheva has named Torres and Kaka as 2 of the best young players in the world.....

I hope that Vieri return to Athetico Madrid so that we can have Torres....can't wait for Vieri to get his butt off San Siro.....Yey!!!

Reaction score
aneh2 said:
i dont think torres to milan will be likely

i agree with you entirely
i think torres is fantastic but he is not for milan...he would be much better off at arsenal because of his style of play and the fact that he has reyes and fabregas along with him. his style of play suits the premiership a lot better than serie A and the way milan play holding the ball moving forward.
another reason is that we already have gila here and he's going to be nuts...if we are to get torres we would have to spend a lot of money and i don't think that's going to happen.
we'd be better off getting two players than just torres.
there's a lot of quality out there at a reasonably young age and it would save us a ton of money and make more sense to get someone like maxi lopez from barca because he hasn't been playing much for them after running the show at river plate two seasons ago...

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
First of all, I want to say that Torres is similar to Sheva or anything else that says Torres is the new Sheva. NO!! Sheva is Sheva and Torres is Torres!! I'm agree that Torres has a bright future ahead of him, IF he is given the chance to be a great football player. Not like Collocini, he used to be said has a great future but after coming back to Milan, I don't think I will say that he is good again.

Well, yes, I do think that we will spend a little bit expensive for Torres. But in my opinion, he is worthy. Maxi Lopez? Is he good? Well, in my opinion, he is not that good. I just relieve when Milan didn't sign him!!

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Milan enter Torres scramble Wednesday 25 January, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan have joined the race to sign Atletico Madrid’s Fernando Torres after the striker was made available for transfer yesterday.

Although the Italian giants only netted Marcio Amoroso this month, the 31-year-old is seen as a short-term solution to the departure of Christian Vieri and has only signed until the end of next season.

Torres, meanwhile, has been the subject of concerted interest from the Rossoneri for several seasons but, along with other interested clubs, have always had any approaches for the Spain international rebuffed on the basis that he was not for sale.

But one of the most sought-after strikers in European football was made available for transfer by the Madrid club on Tuesday, whose President Enrique Cerezo surprised Spain with his live television announcement. "We will consider any bid for the striker so long as it is an interesting one," he said.

The Spanish club are not enjoying the best of financial health and their change of heart regarding their home-grown superstar would appear to suggest that they will be prepared to sell to the highest bidder.

This means that Milan will face stiff competition from Real Madrid, Arsenal and, most notably Chelsea, whose owner Roman Abramovich is reported to have already tabled an offer in the region of £34m for the 22-year-old in the past.

Torres, meanwhile, is said to have a preference for Italian football and Milan’s advantage is that they enjoy excellent relations with the Spanish club.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Finally he is up for transfer. Couldn't delay the inevitable for any longer!

The only real competition we would have in signing him is from Chelsea, you can rule out Real Madrid.

We have established great communications with Athletico which makes him a hell of a lot easier to purchase.

Schedule