Cristiano Ronaldo Thread

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
manutd fan said:
i agree with your post except part of this bit, this is why: Stam critisized fergie in his autobiography and said a few insults about him, thats why he was sold.
altough recently Fergie said he regretted selling Stam and that this was his biggest mistake.
Fergie up till recently couldn't handle opposition of any sort. Neither was he good at keeping egos at bay.

manutd fan said:
Keane, have you heard of the famous interview that he did on MUTV that was banned?he went really personall in insulting rio, fletcher, oshea, richardson etc. Keane also nearly had a fight with quieroz.
No but I'm dying for a link :D

manutd fan said:
Beckham was sold because he started acting like he was bigger than the team, and he has a media circus surrounding him at all times which affected the other players. one time he told Fergie could he have 2 days off training, Fergie said yes but later it was found out that all Beckham was doing was modelling!
To me that's more proof that he couldn't handle the modern footballer with all the baggage that it brings.

manutd fan said:
Yorke started partying day and night, and started disrupting the team. but, before the WC 06 Fergie let dwight get full fitness by training with us, so they made up.
Yes they did make up and as a Trini I would like to publicly apologise for Yorke's stupidity :D But you must agree that he was treated harshly. And all bias aside he DID try to redeem himself later on just prior to his sale and played better than RVN (remember the 6-0 mauling of Arsenal?) He should have at least been given another chance. But all credit to him and Fergie for burying the hatchet later :proud:

manutd fan said:
Iagree about the giggs thing though, but he had 2 extremely poor seasons, so he was on the verge of going to Inter, but Fergie stopped at the last minute saying he couldnt get rid of him as he has a sought of father-son bond with him, same with a few others.
Bullshit. Giggs form improved end of :o

Anyway THAT is why I will always give Carlo my undying respect. Do you think that there are NO egos at Milan? Do you think there aren't the odd disruptive influence or two? Of course there are. But Carlo is the man that always keeps it together. Sheva was always a handfull and he and Seedorf never saw eye to eye. Seedorf is a huge ego on his own. Kaka has often publicly criticised Carlo as have Gattuso, Billy, Sheva and even his own darling clarence. But Carlo keeps the group so tightly knit and this in itself is part of the secret to our success and a huge reason why we are regarded as one of the classiest teams

David-Regal

Maldini groupie
Reaction score
Hong Kong/ University of Southern California
Fav. Players
PAOLO MALDINI, Alexandre Pato, and all Milan players; Luque, C. Ronaldo, Grosso
manutd fan said:
The fact that Ronaldo has said he would like to go to Madrid one days is fine, no Manutd fan has a problem with that because its expected that a player who is from portugal would prefer to play in Spain than in England, but its the comments that he is making. Its like he is toying with us, telling us one thing, then going to a spanish radio saying he is interested. One week he is saying 'I am loving it at Manutd and i want to stay' but then we hear on a spanish radio he has said things like 'It is a dream for me to play in Spain and i hope one day I will'. The fact that he is saying this at the same time Madrid are doing there normal public 'tapping up' of a player as they did with Figo, Ronaldo, Zidane etc is disrespectful IMO.

Its like he is playing mind games with the Manutd fans and clearly thinks he is bigger than the club when he should be grateful for now atleast that we are the team that 'made' him. A bit of loyalty would be nice.
I think it is the media who caused these kind of trouble.

In interviews, the players answer questions instead of speaking on their own. So it's probably CR7 would like to stay with Man Utd (his stance). In the interviews, reporters ask "Cristiano, would you like to play for Real Madrid one day?" and the answer will be "Definitely. Real Madrid is a club I have dreamed of playing since I was young. I would love to play there one day. However, I am currently satisfied with my life in Man Utd."

Now guess what will be published? "Definitely. Real Madrid is a club I have dreamed of playing since I was young. I would love to play there"

In interviews with Spainish newspapers, you can't just say "Madrid has no class. I don't want to play for them." It's basic respect to answer these kind of questions in the way I mentioned above, but it often turn out to be a chance for media to boost their sales.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
^
true, the media do put a spin on things, hopefully your right and he'll stay nbecause obviously hes a brilliant player.

drucurl said:
Fergie up till recently couldn't handle opposition of any sort. Neither was he good at keeping egos at bay.

No but I'm dying for a link :D

I don't have a link to the actual interview because MUTV never showed it but if you go on Roy Keane's page on wikepedia there will probably be something there. :)

Fergie could keep ego's though. at the start of his career Giggs had the same publicity that Beckham had, but Fergie kept him in check, have you heard of the 'giggs and sharp party' where fergie was in a meeting, got a call from someone saying giggs and lee sharpe were partying, so Fergie left the meeting, drove to the house, knocked on the door and literally dragged giggs and sharp out of there lol. He stopped giggs just before his publicity got going if you get what i mean.

But all of the 'class of 92' had the papers hounding them, but Fergie kept them all in check, unfortunaately Becks 'slipped through' and when he married Victoria he went down hill.

Cantona was a MASSIVE ego, but Fergie man manged him well aswell, as was Paul Ince.

and you mention that shevchenko and seedorf didn't see eye to eye, well cole and sheringham had a major falling out and didnt speak for 3 years, but Fergie dealt with them fine.

I do agree though that Fergie could have handled Yorke and Beckham better, but i can understand the Stam thing, if someone personally insults you, your not gonna be best pleased are you.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
manutd fan said:
^
at the start of his career Giggs had the same publicity that Beckham had, but Fergie kept him in check, have you heard of the 'giggs and sharp party' where fergie was in a meeting, got a call from someone saying giggs and lee sharpe were partying, so Fergie left the meeting, drove to the house, knocked on the door and literally dragged giggs and sharp out of there lol.

LOL thats hilarious :D

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
manutd fan said:
I couldnt disagree more.

we respect our former players more/as much as anyone, every single player that has had a good career with us gets offered a coaching job.

liverpool don't.

we are constantly doing things for the munich victims, (they all came to watch the final aswell)

Liverpool cheat by diving a lot, yet they never get critisised by the media for it, the likes of torres, Gerrard, Babel etc.

There fans are disgraceful. always banging on about Munich, watch any Liverpool - Manutd match, theres is about 20 banners saying things about munich and the club don't stop them, wheras a few years back someone brought in a banner about heysel and we chucked them out, and banned them for life.

for instance, remember when Alan Smith broke his ankel and dislocated at the same time? Well the liverpool fans wouldnt move away fro the ambulance amd then grafitied it while it was trying to get to the hospital.

Liverpool have a history of tapping up players, not so much recently but in the past they have.

Just because your market orientated doesnt reflect class, it just shows you are good at business, Liverpool are also quickly increasing with this anyway.

We don't spend big on 'anyone', we do it for those players we need.
Actually if you look at the spending under Rafa, it has been MORE than what we have spent, the difference is Rafa has brough in about 20 players, all worth around 8M, but then sold them for 2M.
There was a thread about Manutd's spending on a liverpool forum, i joined and showed them the table of spending and i got banned for 'causing touble' when i had acted respectfully.

Just because a team has more pedigree in terms of success doesnt make them a more classy club. Madrid have more pedigree than anyone, yet i think they are totally classless.

this 'vibe' you mention, what do you mean? you may remembr a few fights (literally) in there squad last season so the 'vibe' isnt great there.

plus we give more to charity than any other club in Europe, fair enough that could be down to the fact that we get more money coming in for merchandising though.
Every month all of our player go to hospices to see the children, and all of the sick have life long passes to come and watch there faviorite players train and have match tickets - liverpool don't do this.

Take that scottish player that passed away earlier in the season, we have given them money for the family amongst other things.

We always congradulate winners on our website, we always say good luck to those who have been injured i.e eduardo.

We never go personal with insults (madrid the exception) wheras Rafa and liverpool are constantly doing this. the Gareth Barry saga is the latest thing.

plus liverpool always make excuses, like arsenal, and never give credit to the other team. sore losers.

just my opinion though, but as much as people don't like manutd, most none big 4 supporting fans believe that we are by miles the classiest of the 'big 4'.

anyway back on topic:
wow man... take it easy dude... i never said man utd is classless, i know theyre a great club and they have great fans too, and great players throughout their history that have been kept in memory due to the devotion of the club... but by saying i find milan and liverpool more classy than the market oriented clubs i meant to say they are more of an old school type of teams, i think football has changed drastically since that cunt abrahmovic took control of chelsea and prices have been driven up and alot of teams have followed due to several reasons (which are not neccessarily all bad), man utd are among those teams but i dont blame them for chosing this because they have the spending power to do so and they needed to stay in competition with the rest, while real who also followed just did it because they had alot of money and blew it away because they didnt know how to use it (given that they had one of the best squads in club football history under Del Bosque). other teams like milan and liverpool didnt opt to take this path, they had a good team that needed a few twitches here and there and repaired them with the most suitable player not neccessarily the next big superstar on the market, i like teams that spend correctly, i dont like teams that go for anyone and offer atleast 20m euros (eventhough we have been overdoing it with the bargaining the last few transfer markets). and thats what i mean by market oriented.

also, by old school, i like the selections these 2 clubs make, i like the tactics we play, for example when we beat man utd last year in san siro that reminded me of 1990's football, i havent seen that kind of play in a long time and that to me is the best display ive seen. liverpool too have several memorable games in the last few years that goes down to their never say die attitude and great tactics of benitez. also marketing wise, i tend to dislike clubs that are overpromoted, you see the home, away, 3rd, gk, and 2nd gk shirts of man ud, real madrid, barca, chelsea shirts in stores while those of milan and liverpool usually include just the home and sometimes away if ur lucky, thats not hitting out at any of these clubs or the store, its just that these stores chose to brand these clubs more than others because stupid consumers dont always want to buy the best player shirt, they want the flashiest players (like the ronaldo cunt) or the most talked about ones, now you have a new generation of show off cunts in football that play like ronaldo, they have that stupid haircut of his, wear highlighter football boots and want to make his stupid moves and run into a million defenders then waste the ball... thats why i dislike these market oriented teams because thats their mentality. i like football the easy way, the traditional way, i like kaka better than ronaldo (and i would if i didnt support milan), i like adidas more than nike, i like to win 4 games with 1-0 than 1 game with 4-0. and again im not hitting out at anyone (except that ronaldo cunt) but that just the way i see things in this sport.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
manutd fan said:
i think they colsed it, they close every thread which shows them in a bad light.

they have deleted the threard where we won the CL, because there was som many munich jibes, when we beat them 1-0 in 07, i think when we beat them 3-0 aswell, all got deleted, i'll look just incase though.

edit: it seems they have deleted it, but i did find this amusing post highlighting the dillusion they have:

---------------
'Are we better than United and Arsenal?

Yes! I'd say so.

Look at Arsenal.Look at their midfield.They don't have a Masher, a Stevie.Look at their defence.They don't have a Sammi lad an Agger or a Carra nor do they have a Skrtel.

Look at Adebayor.He's scored goals, but he's no 'Nando.Nando, the beautiful blonde goal scorer.The all round total player.Envy is what I see from down London way.And after the Inter game, I saw envy the world over.

Look at United.Who would you honestly take out of their lot?Ronaldo?Maybe.Rooney?No.Not good enough.Anderson, their new shining light..... he's a poor mans Lucas.Nani, with all his tricks and shimmies - no end product.Jermaine is the best crosser of a ball I have seen in decades.Give him time, and he will rule.Look at Evra, Vidic and Ferdinand - all error prone.They're not Carra's.Carra - the local lad, the Scouser.He's one of us and he's the worlds best.On a par with Beckenbauer.Envy is what I see from Manchester way.Ferguson knows it.We know it.Harry Kewell knew it when he signed and he was right.

This seasons title challenge has been ruined because of Hicks and co_Only the off-field uncertainties have stopped us from winning the league.As soon as we get DIC in, we will be back where we belong.With the world holding it's breath, in awe of our heroic footballing deeds.

------------
:D
this guy is probably some normal 15-20 year old fan who just wants someone to quote him in their golden posts thread. i wouldnt take him seriously, we have some people like that here and im sure man utd have it in theirs, its normal. and the part where he says who would u take from man utd just shows his stupidity, any team would want a player like rooney, evra, ferdinand and the comaprisons he makes are stupid, anderson is better than lucas, nani is a great talent and so is pennant, vidic is a great defender currently better than skrtel, and carragher is overrated hes just a fighter thats all.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
drucurl said:
Get off your high horse....everyone has imprefections. Judge players on their contribution to the team and NOT on their personalities. And FYI "foxes don't meawwww" :head:
i never denied ronaldos ability, and if the world player of the year award goes to someone other than him then that would be the biggest crime. i dont deny he scored many goals mostly spectacular ones, created many assists also spectacular ones, and contributed in all aspects to man utds success this year. that would be stupid, only idiots hide from the truth, but it is also true that his personality is probably the worst in the history of the sport, what a cocky sob, i dont want him here, there are many other great players, with a much more humble personality, if we had this shit then we will lose our reputation as a respected team because ive never seen so many people hate a person he could go into contention with george bush. let him stay where the spotlight is contstantly over his head just how he likes it so that when he fucks up we get to have a bigger laugh at him while he starts crying again (i wish terry scored that PK)

p.s. meaw was a joke ffs

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jivara said:
wow man... take it easy dude... i never said man utd is classless, i know theyre a great club and they have great fans too, and great players throughout their history that have been kept in memory due to the devotion of the club... but by saying i find milan and liverpool more classy than the market oriented clubs i meant to say they are more of an old school type of teams, i think football has changed drastically since that cunt abrahmovic took control of chelsea and prices have been driven up and alot of teams have followed due to several reasons (which are not neccessarily all bad), man utd are among those teams but i dont blame them for chosing this because they have the spending power to do so and they needed to stay in competition with the rest, while real who also followed just did it because they had alot of money and blew it away because they didnt know how to use it (given that they had one of the best squads in club football history under Del Bosque). other teams like milan and liverpool didnt opt to take this path, they had a good team that needed a few twitches here and there and repaired them with the most suitable player not neccessarily the next big superstar on the market, i like teams that spend correctly, i dont like teams that go for anyone and offer atleast 20m euros (eventhough we have been overdoing it with the bargaining the last few transfer markets). and thats what i mean by market oriented.

also, by old school, i like the selections these 2 clubs make, i like the tactics we play, for example when we beat man utd last year in san siro that reminded me of 1990's football, i havent seen that kind of play in a long time and that to me is the best display ive seen. liverpool too have several memorable games in the last few years that goes down to their never say die attitude and great tactics of benitez. also marketing wise, i tend to dislike clubs that are overpromoted, you see the home, away, 3rd, gk, and 2nd gk shirts of man ud, real madrid, barca, chelsea shirts in stores while those of milan and liverpool usually include just the home and sometimes away if ur lucky, thats not hitting out at any of these clubs or the store, its just that these stores chose to brand these clubs more than others because stupid consumers dont always want to buy the best player shirt, they want the flashiest players (like the ronaldo cunt) or the most talked about ones, now you have a new generation of show off cunts in football that play like ronaldo, they have that stupid haircut of his, wear highlighter football boots and want to make his stupid moves and run into a million defenders then waste the ball... thats why i dislike these market oriented teams because thats their mentality. i like football the easy way, the traditional way, i like kaka better than ronaldo (and i would if i didnt support milan), i like adidas more than nike, i like to win 4 games with 1-0 than 1 game with 4-0. and again im not hitting out at anyone (except that ronaldo cunt) but that just the way i see things in this sport.

fair enough, except where liverpool might win 4 games 1-0, we win 4 games 4-0 ;)

I do agree that we are very commercial though, but then that comes with the territory of being arguably the most popular team in the world.

But one thing i didn't get, is you said Liverpool don't go out and spend on anyone, when they do, the have brought atleast 20 players in the last few years, but then sold them for say 1M. The difference is when we spend money we do it to enhance the team, wheras say Liverpool may have 5/6 Left backs rotting in the reserves who were brought for 6M each.

but i suppose everyone has a different opinion :)

Last edited:

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
after taking up about 40 mins of my time :D :D :D i think iv read everything since i last posted, my conclusions are ;

1.milan is classier than other teams due to our professionality, lack of 'thugs', great world class characters (eg maldini,nesta,pirlo,inzaghi - and my fav cafu = the model professional even though he gone)

2.man utd transfer policy far better, quicker,more effective than ours - actully last couple of seasons we are not even comparible - they need strengthening of positions for players who havnt even gone yet, step up nani,anderson (for scholes n giggs), carrick,hargreaves yes they all were 'splashes' but they all play absolutely class and are developing perfectly in the presence of the players they are going to eventually replace, i mean apart from kleberson, djemba djemba, howard have they signed any 'failures' or less harshy 'disappointments' i cnt think of any recent ones

3. liverpool have history and a good spanish manager, i dnt see any extra class from them than i do any other top club - they have what seems a very quickly put together side with players leaving n coming all the time - no gelling or team bonding throughout the whole squad

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
He's the sole reason I began to hate Manchester. I used to like them a lot some time ago, actually I have their 1997 away jersey (Sharp :D ) but this asshole made me hate, hate, hate the whole team.

I can't fucking stand him, his mere presence is revolting.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marcus said:
He's the sole reason I began to hate Manchester. I used to like them a lot some time ago, actually I have their 1997 away jersey (Sharp :D ) but this asshole made me hate, hate, hate the whole team.

I can't fucking stand him, his mere presence is revolting.
do you rekon you'd like us again when Ronaldo leaves?

siatanhai said:
1.milan is classier than other teams due to our professionality, lack of 'thugs', great world class characters (eg maldini,nesta,pirlo,inzaghi - and my fav cafu = the model professional even though he gone)

Don't forget, we have some true proffesionals who you never hear any bad things of: Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Garry Neville, Solskair(even though he retired at the start of the season)n hargreaves etc ;)

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
manutd fan said:

Don't forget, we have some true proffesionals who you never hear any bad things of: Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Garry Neville, Solskair(even though he retired at the start of the season)n hargreaves etc ;)
ManUtd does indeed have some classy players. Personally I'd move Scholes and put Becks. At least from what we read in the media, Becks is a true gentleman. To me the fact that Becks has a glam lifestyle and Fergie was upset because of it seemed a bit childish since the year Becks was sold he was on red hot form. Becks also NEVER disrespected ManU and always pledged his undying love for them.

Yorke was a nice guy too but loved partiying and women waaaay too much :D
I remember nealry every week Yorke was in a sex scandal (typical Trini behaviour :D) Curiously enough his worst patches came when his sex life wasn't noteable enough to write about/ and when he tried to settle down . It's as if his scoring led to ..er...er...his scoring looooool!! :D :D :D Anyway, in the end, Fergie made up with Yorke and let him train at Old Trafford. Meanwhile the mere fact that Wenger took becks in, showed how much Fergie didn't want him there :D

Scholes has always been overrated imho. Not to the levels of say Lampard or Gerrard but overrated nontheless. And he always seems mad about something.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
drucurl said:
ManUtd does indeed have some classy players. Personally I'd move Scholes and put Becks. At least from what we read in the media, Becks is a true gentleman. To me the fact that Becks has a glam lifestyle and Fergie was upset because of it seemed a bit childish since the year Becks was sold he was on red hot form. Becks also NEVER disrespected ManU and always pledged his undying love for them.

Yorke was a nice guy too but loved partiying and women waaaay too much :D
I remember nealry every week Yorke was in a sex scandal (typical Trini behaviour :D) Curiously enough his worst patches came when his sex life wasn't noteable enough to write about/ and when he tried to settle down . It's as if his scoring led to ..er...er...his scoring looooool!! :D :D :D Anyway, in the end, Fergie made up with Yorke and let him train at Old Trafford. Meanwhile the mere fact that Wenger took becks in, showed how much Fergie didn't want him there :D

Scholes has always been overrated imho. Not to the levels of say Lampard or Gerrard but overrated nontheless. And he always seems mad about something.

lol i think scholes is the best proffesional of them all to be honest! him and giggs and neville are the only 2 players that don't use agents that i know of, plus he is never in any interviews, and he gives apparently nearly half his wages to an asthma(sp?) charity because he badly suffers from it. He is very quiet though, but i think he was the most talented of the 'class of 92' and if he was in LA Liga he would have been a bigger star due to his style of play.

he will leave Manutd in maybe 2 years to play for his boyhood team, Oldham for 1 season aswell which i think is nice of him.

beckham asked wenger if he could go there since becks lives in London. (beckingham palace)

But is it true that Yorke is injured so he's not playing vs England? Thats a shame because I was looking forward to seeing him play.

I always thought he was a good player, but together with cole made a world class partnership if you get me. I always remember his smile because of his huge white teeth :D

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
cole and yorke is one of my top 5 strike partnerships

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
manutd fan said:

That would improve my opinion of the club a lot, yeah.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

bani

Primavera
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
so will you hate Milan if C.Ronaldo joins us?

i wouldnt, really

but i would just be pissed off becasue he is not a rolemodel for kids

kaka is

and also i hate rooney. he is the true "thug" :head:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bani said:
i wouldnt, really

but i would just be pissed off becasue he is not a rolemodel for kids

kaka is

and also i hate rooney. he is the true "thug" :head:
maybe on the pitch (when he has a go at refs) but as a person he is really softly spoken and is a nice guy.

bu its not suprising he has a temper, he grew up on the rough streets of Liverpool where if you were a wimp you'd get slaughtered.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
so will you hate Milan if C.Ronaldo joins us?

Nah, I'll just grow to be indifferent towards him :)

I could never hate Milan, and even players I highly disliked (except Vieri) have kinda grown to me while at Milan. I even hoped that Ronaldo (the fat one) does good here, and supported him.

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
funny how u say about players growing on u, my friend is an inter fan (only partly not a true one) and i used to slaughter him about favalli and make jokes etc - i was devestated when we signed him off them partly cause i didnt rate him and partly as all those jokes would soon be returned but the guy is a good player and i take it all back

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Ronaldo9 said:
He is the world's best player, sorry guys. I am hoping that Kaka takes over the reign again next year though.

Wouldn't it be awesome though if Milan bought Ronaldo? The sheer improbability of such event just shows how low this club has sunk, it used to be able to attract the biggest names in football and now they are hitting themselves in the chest for getting Flamini (who was a nobody up until this season) on a free and the next step is going for fucking has beens Sheva and Zambrotta.
Has beens? Thanks for confirming that you're the forum's biggest hypocrite. I mean there are some other hypocritical comments here and there, but yours certainly are in a class of their own. Dissing Milan, in as many ways as you can think of, doesn't change the fact that Fatfag likes men dressed as women ... you need CLOSURE.

As for his namesake, well, credit must be given where its due. BUT I don't think he has performed enough, on the big stages, to warrant the acclaimed greatness people - and the English in particular - have been quick to direct his way. Sure he did score a goal in the final, the biggest of stages, but what else did he do in that final? And speaking of that goal, for the unfortunate ilk who were quick to label our success last year as "luck", how lucky are you when Wezzzz Brown (of all people) manages to deliver a perfectly timed LEFT footed cross (... let along win in the second round of penalties? If we were lucky for Athens 07, then Glazer paid UEFA off :o ) I think Essien was late to challenge Cissyano because he didn't ainticipate that sort of service from Brown ... as did the rest of Chelsea's defense. Brown should certainly get quite a bit of credit for that goal. So I'm not completely won over by people who say he is a big game player now that he scored in Moscow in that fashion ... I though Hargreaves had a much better game.

Lets also not forget that he missed two BIG penalties in Europe last season + wasn't as imposing en route to Moscow. Certainly not as much as Clarence who had scored and picked up an assist against both Bayern and Manure (in Munich and the San Siro respectively) and assisted Kaka' for one of the Brazilian's two goals at Old Trafford. In my opinion, I think he had a better season in Europe than Cissyano did this season ... Europe, the BIG stage. I still feel he doesn't deliver there. Will be interesting to see how he links up with the Portuguese NT though, where he could prove me wrong. Bet the English will be cheering Portugal along ... Go Portugal, WOOHOO! :rolleyes:

That said, he still is an incredible footballer. There's no denying that. But he isn't as dominating is Zidane was. He was without doubt the undisputed best player on the planet for sometime, winning everything he competed in. Cissyano isn't there yet, IMO, and with the likes of Kaka' and Messi around, might never be.

Last edited:

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
______________ above me (feel free to insert whatever you want into blank space):

Must you find a reason to hate on Ronaldo in every post :mad: FFS we're talking about CR7 :head: I guess you continual off topic rants are MORE an indicator of how great R9 is. Those continually explaining themselves are the ones not confident of their position :o

Anyway let's put things into perspective shall we:

>The guy is 23.
>He has been a high scorer for the past two years. (incredible for a winger)
>He takes GREAT free kicks.
>He scored in the CL final; stop talking shit about the cross. the goal was great
>He plays on a superstar team, sure BUT he also won the CL and Prem
>He almost singlehandedly led Portugal to the Euro finals
>He keeps improving every year....don't be surprised he becomes a better passer

How the hell can you still find things to knock him about. As is the case with the REAL Ronaldo....don't HATE just appreciate
Of Course:
1)He dives (as does Inzaghi but Inzaghi's rep remains intact and rightly so)
2)He's arrogant- sometimes arrogance is good,he harnesses it on the field no doubt
3)Not the best passer (then again our own stars have big flaws of their own)
4)Selfish- again there are worse
5)Metro queer- personally I can't stand this....esp how he combed his hair before the trophy presentation....but hey he's banging chicks that I'd never even see in my lifetime so that's a non issue :o

^Having said the above I personally think R9 and Kaka are better than him and he's waaaay down on my list of favourite players.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
As for his namesake, well, credit must be given where its due. BUT I don't think he has performed enough, on the big stages, to warrant the acclaimed greatness people - and the English in particular - have been quick to direct his way. Sure he did score a goal in the final, the biggest of stages, but what else did he do in that final? And speaking of that goal, for the unfortunate ilk who were quick to label our success last year as "luck", how lucky are you when Wezzzz Brown (of all people) manages to deliver a perfectly timed LEFT footed cross (... let along win in the second round of penalties? If we were lucky for Athens 07, then Glazer paid UEFA off :o ) I think Essien was late to challenge Cissyano because he didn't ainticipate that sort of service from Brown ... as did the rest of Chelsea's defense. Brown should certainly get quite a bit of credit for that goal. So I'm not completely won over by people who say he is a big game player now that he scored in Moscow in that fashion ... I though Hargreaves had a much better game.

FWIW i thought ronaldo had a brilliant first half, but in the second he was very quiet.

you are underestimating Browns corssing, yes he is very dodgy, and more often than not his crosses fail to beat the first man, but when he gets them right they are always bang on, your acting like that was the first time he did a decent cross, when infact he has done a lot of very good crosses this season, right AND left footed.

Yes ronaldo maybe isn't the best in the big games, but you have to remembr that his game is far easier to 'stop' tham messi or kaka's.
Ronaldo's game is all about pace, give him a couple of yards and he will hurt you more than anyone.

but the difference is kaka's and Messi's game doesnt rely on pace, Once of Kaka's main atributes is his vision, so all he needs is 1 touch of the ball, Messis on the other hand has a different type of dribbling style. He bobs in and out of small spaces so he doesn't need space to work his game.

put ronaldo, kaka and messi 1 on 1 with the defender, with a couple of metres between them, and i think ronaldo would definately hurt you more.
However, put 2/3 men on Ronaldo, Kaka and Messi, and Ronaldo will hurt you least, because where Kaka and messi have that creativity, Ronaldo does not.

that doesnt mean that Kaka and Mesii are better than Ronaldo, you could say ronaldo's 'best' attribute is better than Kaka's and Messi's 'best' attribute, but its just that Kaka and Mesii have more variety when it comes to hurting the opponent.

I might be speaking a load of rubbish here, but thats just my opinion.

edit: the fact that he scored in the final still shows he turned up for the game. whats the best thing you can do in a game? its score.

inzaghi, Van nistlerooy ect. are considered great players, yet a lot of the time they are very quiet in the game, then they sniff out a chance and score - Ronaldo does the same.

he has scored vs Arsenal (2), liverpool, Chelsea, Lyon, Roma this season.

Infact the ONLY teams ronaldo has not scored against this season are Barcelona and Man city :eek: that is incredible if you ask me.

Last edited:

David-Regal

Maldini groupie
Reaction score
Hong Kong/ University of Southern California
Fav. Players
PAOLO MALDINI, Alexandre Pato, and all Milan players; Luque, C. Ronaldo, Grosso
manutd fan said:
FWIW i thought ronaldo had a brilliant first half, but in the second he was very quiet.

you are underestimating Browns corssing, yes he is very dodgy, and more often than not his crosses fail to beat the first man, but when he gets them right they are always bang on, your acting like that was the first time he did a decent cross, when infact he has done a lot of very good crosses this season, right AND left footed.

Yes ronaldo maybe isn't the best in the big games, but you have to remembr that his game is far easier to 'stop' tham messi or kaka's.
Ronaldo's game is all about pace, give him a couple of yards and he will hurt you more than anyone.

but the difference is kaka's and Messi's game doesnt rely on pace, Once of Kaka's main atributes is his vision, so all he needs is 1 touch of the ball, Messis on the other hand has a different type of dribbling style. He bobs in and out of small spaces so he doesn't need space to work his game.

put ronaldo, kaka and messi 1 on 1 with the defender, with a couple of metres between them, and i think ronaldo would definately hurt you more.
However, put 2/3 men on Ronaldo, Kaka and Messi, and Ronaldo will hurt you least, because where Kaka and messi have that creativity, Ronaldo does not.

that doesnt mean that Kaka and Mesii are better than Ronaldo, you could say ronaldo's 'best' attribute is better than Kaka's and Messi's 'best' attribute, but its just that Kaka and Mesii have more variety when it comes to hurting the opponent.

I might be speaking a load of rubbish here, but thats just my opinion.

edit: the fact that he scored in the final still shows he turned up for the game. whats the best thing you can do in a game? its score.

inzaghi, Van nistlerooy ect. are considered great players, yet a lot of the time they are very quiet in the game, then they sniff out a chance and score - Ronaldo does the same.

he has scored vs Arsenal (2), liverpool, Chelsea, Lyon, Roma this season.

Infact the ONLY teams ronaldo has not scored against this season are Barcelona and Man city :eek: that is incredible if you ask me.

People bash Ronaldo (CR7) usually because of envy. CR7 will prove himself, or actually he PROVED himself. Fact speaks for itself. :tongue:

On your point comparing Kaka and Ronaldo (the attribute thing). You can't compare it in this way. It's not Football Manager or Winning Eleven. All you can say is who is in a better form and who made a greater impact on the team, and thus who deserves the golden ball. And as a note on the 1 on 1 with a defender thing, I think you can't put Kaka under Ronaldo. I think they are both dangerous in these situations.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
David-Regal said:
People bash Ronaldo (CR7) usually because of envy. CR7 will prove himself, or actually he PROVED himself. Fact speaks for itself. :tongue:

On your point comparing Kaka and Ronaldo (the attribute thing). You can't compare it in this way. It's not Football Manager or Winning Eleven. All you can say is who is in a better form and who made a greater impact on the team, and thus who deserves the golden ball. And as a note on the 1 on 1 with a defender thing, I think you can't put Kaka under Ronaldo. I think they are both dangerous in these situations.
fair enough about the attribute t hing, i was just trying ot make a point ;)

Last edited:

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
madtherchot said:
Has beens? Thanks for confirming that you're the forum's biggest hypocrite. I mean there are some other hypocritical comments here and there, but yours certainly are in a class of their own. Dissing Milan, in as many ways as you can think of, doesn't change the fact that Fatfag likes men dressed as women ... you need CLOSURE.

Lets also not forget that he missed two BIG penalties in Europe last season + wasn't as imposing en route to Moscow. Certainly not as much as Clarence who had scored and picked up an assist against both Bayern and Manure (in Munich and the San Siro respectively) and assisted Kaka' for one of the Brazilian's two goals at Old Trafford. In my opinion, I think he had a better season in Europe than Cissyano did this season ... Europe, the BIG stage. I still feel he doesn't deliver there. Will be interesting to see how he links up with the Portuguese NT though, where he could prove me wrong. Bet the English will be cheering Portugal along ... Go Portugal, WOOHOO! :rolleyes:

That said, he still is an incredible footballer. There's no denying that. But he isn't as dominating is Zidane was. He was without doubt the undisputed best player on the planet for sometime, winning everything he competed in. Cissyano isn't there yet, IMO, and with the likes of Kaka' and Messi around, might never be.

and i bet even more that every liverpool fan across the world will be supporting spain..'every' includes the english ones too...how lame is that :rolleyes:

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Ronaldo9 said:
He is the world's best player, sorry guys. I am hoping that Kaka takes over the reign again next year though.

Wouldn't it be awesome though if Milan bought Ronaldo? The sheer improbability of such event just shows how low this club has sunk, it used to be able to attract the biggest names in football and now they are hitting themselves in the chest for getting Flamini (who was a nobody up until this season) on a free and the next step is going for fucking has beens Sheva and Zambrotta.

he's the best,cos' there's no others.
he's the scummiest person in football.Everyone knows it.Look at every forum on the net-everyone hates him,yet they all agrees that he is very effective and can score some massive free kicks.\
But still-effective-and that's it!!!!!!!!!!!
His skills are a joke,brazilian wannabee.His bysicletas are pure false and makes other players wanna puke.His IQ is below a 8th grade schooler.
I would never want him here,at Milan.He doesn't deserve even a fucking thread about him in Milan kingdom.
I would never forget his look,when Rikardo Kaka has received his award-the look of an angry and jealous bastardo!!!Just scroll some youtube files and you will see,that this guy is not the one you would want to see at San Siro.
Those who loves him-lying to themselves.
Ronaldu is a very good player,with some strong ability to score some free kicks.
No more than that.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
and there'sne little detail......if John Terry wouldn't slip,who would remember this fucking C.Ronaldu now??????With his posers pk!!!!
He alwyas stops,before he makes a kick,waiting for the goalie to fall.....Not this time,asshole!!!!Cech overcooled your arrogant and coward nature.
Too bad it all went wrong at the end.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kuzimoto said:
he's the best,cos' there's no others.
he's the scummiest person in football.Everyone knows it.Look at every forum on the net-everyone hates him,yet they all agrees that he is very effective and can score some massive free kicks.\
But still-effective-and that's it!!!!!!!!!!!
His skills are a joke,brazilian wannabee.His bysicletas are pure false and makes other players wanna puke.His IQ is below a 8th grade schooler.
I would never want him here,at Milan.He doesn't deserve even a fucking thread about him in Milan kingdom.
I would never forget his look,when Rikardo Kaka has received his award-the look of an angry and jealous bastardo!!!Just scroll some youtube files and you will see,that this guy is not the one you would want to see at San Siro.
Those who loves him-lying to themselves.
Ronaldu is a very good player,with some strong ability to score some free kicks.
No more than that.
I agree 100% but that doesn't change the fact that he IS effective and will rival anything we have at present- Kaka included. Don't get me wrong I hate him 100% and love Kaka but you can't divorce yourself from the facts. His moves ARE pathetic though...I like how you said that they would make a Brazilian (kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Robinho) want to puke :tongue: But Credit where due...the kid keeps on getting better.

Kuzimoto said:
and there'sne little detail......if John Terry wouldn't slip,who would remember this fucking C.Ronaldu now??????With his posers pk!!!!
He alwyas stops,before he makes a kick,waiting for the goalie to fall.....Not this time,asshole!!!!Cech overcooled your arrogant and coward nature.
Too bad it all went wrong at the end.
Honestly if Anelka and Terry didn't f**k up I'd have been the happiest guy after the CL finals :D

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
for what its worth on MUTV there is a weekly phone in show that just finished, and every caller was talking about Ronaldo and saying he should go, it seems most people have 'turned' on him.