The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Nocerino: “I’m sorry to see them like this, they are experiencing six years of ups and downs, I’m sorry to see them so thinking about what they did instead in the past,” he said, as per MilanNews.it.

“Boban and Maldini are a guarantee for me, they are very intelligent people who live football, I hope they can bring Milan back where they really deserve.

“Giampaolo’s sacking? Milan should have taken into account that it would take time to give an identity to the team.

“Juventus with Sarri didn’t need time because he has players from another planet. The Rossoneri should have been patient, but football doesn’t give you time.”

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think it’s a good move to try to break up some of the tension that must exist within the dressing room.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Borini being the kiss ass he is will stay at Milanello and request a room right next to Pioli so they can stay up through the night talking calcio.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Borini being the kiss ass he is will stay at Milanello and request a room right next to Pioli so they can stay up through the night talking calcio.

Borini may not be a good footballer, but he's an exemplary professional. Can't fault him for that.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Better him than Biglia

On Elliot - didnt they just call Li's bluff and have now done just the bare minimum? Yes they have done sensible things to set the club on a path but what they have done surely hasnt matched their promise...that seems to be fulfilled by the new owners.

Also is the approx 150 million seen as a significant debt with respect to these mega clubs?

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli has abolished the pre-match ritiro on the eve of matchdays for Milan. By the end of training session, team will have dinner together, after that whoever wants to go and sleep at home will be allowed to then will return to Milanello in the morning for breakfast [Sky]

:thumbsup:

I am 100% for abolishing every single tradition and/or policy put in place by GP

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
EHKkUZdWsAU8DEt.jpg:small

slinky high five or an end of a secret handshake

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
The theory of Suso playing is insane.
Anytime we played semi good this season was exactly where he was uninvolved.
We played better without him with 10 players.
We benched everyone but not him... lets try it out without him.
Put Rebic there or Paq , Krunic.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
In a weird way i think we could sell Donnarumma and still be solid in the back. He makes great saves every game but I’ve noticed he’s conservative and stays close to his line. Reina more experienced can play a sweeper keeper and come up further, picking up loose balls and closing the space between the goal and the defense line. This way the defense line can play further up and there’s no deadzone gap in the midfield, which we’ve seen in the recent years.
If we really want to play attacking football I think we need a more advanced defensive line that abuses the offside rule, and maybe it’s Donnarummas and the backlines inexperience that keeps us from that. Opponent teams attackers always have more space to recieve longballs compared to our attackers who have to drop back near half field to recieve passes.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
In a weird way i think we could sell Donnarumma and still be solid in the back. He makes great saves every game but I’ve noticed he’s conservative and stays close to his line. Reina more experienced can play a sweeper keeper and come up further, picking up loose balls and closing the space between the goal and the defense line. This way the defense line can play further up and there’s no deadzone gap in the midfield, which we’ve seen in the recent years.
If we really want to play attacking football I think we need a more advanced defensive line that abuses the offside rule, and maybe it’s Donnarummas and the backlines inexperience that keeps us from that. Opponent teams attackers always have more space to recieve longballs compared to our attackers who have to drop back near half field to recieve passes.

But when we are easily dominating possession we dont create clear cut chances either so exposing the backline more when your offensive patterns are still futile doesnt seem like sound sense to me.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
But when we are easily dominating possession we dont create clear cut chances either so exposing the backline more when your offensive patterns are still futile doesnt seem like sound sense to me.

I think we tend to dominate possession in our own half, if we can dominate deeper into the opponents half we could double/triple scoring chances. But you’re right we would need no nonsense defenders to avoid being weak on breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Elliott Management insists it has “absolutely” no plans of selling Milan and that it is committed to helping finance a new stadium.
However, a spokesperson for the firm told Affariitaliani.it when asked about a potential change of ownership: “Absolutely not.”

Instead, they made it clear Elliott were behind proposals to build a new San Siro with city rivals Inter.

“The only option on the table is to build a new stadium in the San Siro area.

“The proposals and requests put to the City Council of Milan were based on this idea. There’s no other project elsewhere.

“The status quo and restructuring aren’t viable tracks.”

The hedge fund took control of the Rossoneri in the summer of 2018 after previous proprietor Li Yonghong defaulted on a €303m loan it lent him to buy the club.

We're not for sale.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
For those who were waiting, i upload another song of mine

I think it's the best love song ever recorded in term of melody, vocal expressionism, guitar rhythm and poetry

https://clyp.it/t5xgcose?token=9182cab14ec7396fef9f95955a0c52cb

Tytle: La stanza di Susanna (eng. Susanna's room)
lyrics

La stanza di Susanna
è sprovvista di Susanna
La stanza di Susanna
è bella anche senza Susanna
Ma è meglio quando c'è Susanna
La stanza di Susanna

La stanza di Susanna (x4)

translation

The room of Susanna
is devoid of Susanna
The room of Susanna
is beautiful even without Susanna
But it's better with Susanna
The room of Susanna

The room of Susanna (x4)

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think we tend to dominate possession in our own half, if we can dominate deeper into the opponents half we could double/triple scoring chances. But you’re right we would need no nonsense defenders to avoid being weak on breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree but against lesser teams we have also had plenty of possession in the opposing half only for us to then pass backwards or go to the "tried and true" cross from the right.

I think we are in agreement, both things need to happen for our attack to be more successful but for which aspect first? I leave that to Brk Samaldinho and Goodfella

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Elliott Management insists it has “absolutely” no plans of selling Milan and that it is committed to helping finance a new stadium.
However, a spokesperson for the firm told Affariitaliani.it when asked about a potential change of ownership: “Absolutely not.”

Instead, they made it clear Elliott were behind proposals to build a new San Siro with city rivals Inter.

“The proposals and requests put to the City Council of Milan were based on this idea. There’s no other project elsewhere.

The hedge fund took control of the Rossoneri in the summer of 2018 after previous proprietor Li Yonghong defaulted on a €303m loan it lent him to buy the club.

We're not for sale.

Tend to believe Mrki's hypothesis more because if not why wouldnt you get better coaches, pay a little extra for targets or go with Ibra for like a year or two to guarantee where you need to get to?

I guess we will see about the sporting side if 4th isnt achievable or worse yet, if we do get get 4th and then the requisite investments dont follow (Arsenal)

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

Building from the back was never an issue under Giampaolo or even Gattuso. It was the lack of creativity in the midfield that killed us. You would see the midfield play baseless possession, passing the ball forth and back, assuming that a solution would appear out of the blue.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Building from the back was never an issue under Giampaolo or even Gattuso. It was the lack of creativity in the midfield that killed us. You would see the midfield play baseless possession, passing the ball forth and back, assuming that a solution would appear out of the blue.

It’s not building from the back, it’s controlling space. We allow opposition too much space in our half. Montella used to play high line where we’d congest opponents in their half, even big games like Juve. Gattuso did the opposite, we played a deep line, soaked all pressure and hit on counters, very defensive. Giampaolo i don’t think we got to see his style to judge it.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
a house is built from the foundation. a team has to be built from the midfield.

it's the core ... a functional midfield betters the defense, Betters the Attack.

With Suso Leao Rebic Piatek ... we should be scoring 3-4 per game vs the likes of Genoa, Brescia, Udinese ... but with this midfield, they have to come and get the ball at the halfway line ... rendering them useless ... if we get them the ball in the last 30 Yards they will score for fun.

this team literally plays backwards. we can go from the edge of the opponents area, back to Donnaruma from our own back passing.

Biglia: after a midfield of Montolivo and Co which was all over the place... Biglia did bring some structure to the midfield ... we knew he was a facilitator, playing the simple passe after getting the ball to get it out of the congested area. but he has now morphed into someone whose first instinct is to play backward.

he's the one supposed to set the tempo...and he is setting a "backward" tempo

new coach, we'll see if that can be fixed with just clear instructions...

like Most People i'd Start Bennacer he want to go forward ... and hel'll soon be starting because (not wishing but just reality) Biglia will get injured

Kessie's Physicality is Vital to this midfield, without him we're noodles... despite his technical level, his strong runs forward were perhaps our most effective attacking weapon during our last good spell (first half of last season) ... then he would give it to Suso up there, who would not have to run 50 yards (he just can't) and Calabria freeing him with a run behind...
Giampaolo's play seemed prevent him (and many of our other main players) from using their most effective weapons.
i hope to see him that again.

with clear and simple concepts from Pioli (he seems to be a "common sense" guy) we can have a somewhat functional unit between the players Midfielders we have. Bonaventura, Paqueta play forward.

With January coming, a chance to strengthen...taking Experience and leadership in consideration + limited funds and limited quality players available ... a player in the mold of Ever Banega...Dynamic, plays forward, reasonable price, experienced but with at least 2 more years in him ...salary could be a problem... as LCM and RCM rotated with Kessie and Paqueta (Bonaventura and Hakan also in the mix) ... this could be a smart buy that could be decisive for CL qualification if we're still in the mix comes january

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
For those who were waiting, i upload another song of mine

I think it's the best love song ever recorded in term of melody, vocal expressionism, guitar rhythm and poetry

https://clyp.it/t5xgcose?token=9182cab14ec7396fef9f95955a0c52cb

Tytle: La stanza di Susanna (eng. Susanna's room)
lyrics

La stanza di Susanna
è sprovvista di Susanna
La stanza di Susanna
è bella anche senza Susanna
Ma è meglio quando c'è Susanna
La stanza di Susanna

La stanza di Susanna (x4)

translation

The room of Susanna
is devoid of Susanna
The room of Susanna
is beautiful even without Susanna
But it's better with Susanna
The room of Susanna

The room of Susanna (x4)
Better than the potato, any chance to show us suzanna so we can understand where you're coming from.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Ibrahimovic: "My strongest teammates? I am not speaking about technical value but I prefer responding based on what they represent for my way of playing: Vieira and Gattuso. Rino never gave up, you can bet on. He wasn't Messi but he gives you a monstrous fire up."

Ibrahimovic: "Is Maldini not enough? I don't have the material to speak about directors, but the player is one of my favourites. His task is complicated and delicate. Doing well with limited resources is an achievement."

I’d like to see him here.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
He'd still own the league, even at this age. No doubt

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
slinky high five or an end of a secret handshake

End of a secret candy-passing move.

We're not for sale.

Some nameless spokesperson being sent to give a meaningless statement. We are 100% for sale, and Elliott wouldn't be doing what their raison d'etre is if we aren't.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Ibrahimovic: "My strongest teammates? I am not speaking about technical value but I prefer responding based on what they represent for my way of playing: Vieira and Gattuso. Rino never gave up, you can bet on. He wasn't Messi but he gives you a monstrous fire up."

Ibrahimovic: "Is Maldini not enough? I don't have the material to speak about directors, but the player is one of my favourites. His task is complicated and delicate. Doing well with limited resources is an achievement."

I’d like to see him here.

Sometimes i wonder if leo bought him back in january instead of piatek maybe rino could've deliver us 4th spot

Status
Not open for further replies.