The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is very close. Our market shud've been: Bonucci, Sokratis, Conti, Kessie, Silva, Cesc, Arthur Melo

Had no choice in Deulofeu's matter Barca recalled him but we shud defo have kept Bacca for another year so he can help with Silva's transition... then replace him with a superstar striker. This year was always going to be abt Defence and Midfield, Cesc was the key, shud've thrown the bank at getting him. Our scouting was piss poor too, look at this Arthur guy, he's going to Barca now.

Going forward our priority for purchases should be wingers and midfielders.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
I know it has only been two games but seriously can we just conclude Gattuso is a poor coach bring back Carlo, bring in Hiddink hell even Leo to take the helm while we look for a coach to take over next season. If Leo doesn't want to be coach bring him back as a scout he was good at that.

Sarri is going nowhere Napoli will hold onto him for dear life so forget about Sarri
Conte is plausible but unlikely(he will be Italy coach again). So right now Carlo needs to be persuaded to come back and we can only hope that the FFP wont derail the whole project.

....but

Of course the FFP deal is going to screw us so it looks like we are in a boat on rapids heading for a waterfall - without a paddle - get ready to swim.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know it has only been two games but seriously can we just conclude Gattuso is a poor coach bring back Carlo, bring in Hiddink hell even Leo to take the helm while we look for a coach to take over next season. If Leo doesn't want to be coach bring him back as a scout he was good at that.

Sarri is going nowhere Napoli will hold onto him for dear life so forget about Sarri
Conte is plausible but unlikely(he will be Italy coach again). So right now Carlo needs to be persuaded to come back and we can only hope that the FFP wont derail the whole project.

....but

Of course the FFP deal is going to screw us so it looks like we are in a boat on rapids heading for a waterfall - without a paddle - get ready to swim.

You can't really fault Gattuso on today's game. The group was already won and he fielded a team of reserves and primavera players. But yes come June we need an established top class coach if this club is ever going to turn it around.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You can't really judge Gattuso on today's game. The group was already won and he fielded a team of reserves and primavera players.

Perhaps he's hardly inspiring confidence though is he? Benevento the worst side in Serie A history get a point when he is in charge and now tonights game. Stick with Gattuso and we are going out in the next round of the EL and will fall further behind in the table. Loved him as a player but man as a coach he is shit!- he needs a lot more time at lower tier clubs or in serie B he still has a lot of mistakes to get out of his system.

Last edited:

Legio IV GrintaBoyz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Gattuso to Sky: "It's a defeat that hurts and makes you think. Today I am the responsible one. The decision to put these players on the pitch was mine. We are too fragile, at the first difficulty we are unable to react. We must improve quickly."

Gattuso: "Corporate issues? We have a lot of these within the team. The corporate problems do not concern me and I don't believe there are any."

Gattuso to @MilanNewsit : "Our game was not fluid and we were so slow when holding ball possession. We have seen that with 3-man defense we make crazy effort, it is better with 4-man defense. We need to work on these concepts."

There is hope. There is light at the end of the tunnel, my brothers.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Perhaps he's hardly inspiring confidence though is he? Benevento the worse side in Serie A history get a point when he is in charge and now tonights game. Stick with Gattuso and we are going out in the next round of the EL and will fall further behind in the table. Loved him as a player but man as a coach he is shit!- he needs a lot more time at lower tier clubs or in serie B he still has a lot of mistakes to get out of his system.

Season is lost already and we probably aren't winning the Europa League. Plus this team looks to be in terrible game shape, 1 week of Gattuso or any other coach isn't going to change that. That's something that takes an entire preseason to build up. What we are finding out is that Montella really did a piss poor job in his training methods, tactics, etc.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gennaro Gattuso talked about Andrè Silva at the press conference: "We all know his worth: he always scores goals when he plays in the national team and he is a player of international standing, today he was struggling, he felt like a foreign body inside the field. what we saw is not enough: when you have the chance to play in Europe 90 minutes with the Milan shirt you have to do more ".

Back to the bench Andre haha.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Gattuso to Sky: "It's a defeat that hurts and makes you think. Today I am the responsible one. The decision to put these players on the pitch was mine. We are too fragile, at the first difficulty we are unable to react. We must improve quickly."

Gattuso: "Corporate issues? We have a lot of these within the team. The corporate problems do not concern me and I don't believe there are any."

Gattuso to @MilanNewsit : "Our game was not fluid and we were so slow when holding ball possession. We have seen that with 3-man defense we make crazy effort, it is better with 4-man defense. We need to work on these concepts."

There is hope. There is light at the end of the tunnel, my brothers.

Switching to the 4 man is the only thing that gives me any hope of salvaging anything from this season. 4 man with attacking fullbacks pleaseeee.....i don't care if it's Calabria at rightback who can't defend, but I just want to see a team that can at least get to the final third, far less trying to score

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Season is lost already and we probably aren't winning the Europa League. Plus this team looks to be in terrible game shape, 1 week of Gattuso or any other coach isn't going to change that. That's something that takes an entire preseason to build up. What we are finding out is that Montella really did a piss poor job in his training methods, tactics, etc.

There is 0 chance of winning EL. Any chance of finishing in a CL spot that ship has well and truly sailed some time ago. Yes Montella has been exposed perhaps the whole board have been exposed as frauds. I would never expect Gattuso to turn things around but i do think a more experienced coach would have clearer ideas and would identify problems sooner - they would still struggle to fix our current mess but at the very least would start some kind of regeneration.

The only way to turn this around would require us to win the EL but we can both agree that isn't happening. If we could manage to win the EL and gain a CL spot we could attract a top class manager and top class players - as we stand we will struggle to do that - quite sad really even sadder that it is no longer surprising or shocking to see this kind of a downward spiral. It has become the norm.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Switching to the 4 man is the only thing that gives me any hope of salvaging anything from this season. 4 man with attacking fullbacks pleaseeee.....i don't care if it's Calabria at rightback who can't defend, but I just want to see a team that can at least get to the final third, far less trying to score

4-2-3-1
Kalinic
Bonaventura-Calhanoglu-Suso
Biglia-Kessie
RR-Romagnoli-Bonucci-Borini
Donnarumma

or

4-4-2
Kalinic-Silva
Bonaventura-Biglia-Kessie-Suso
RR-Romagnoli-Bonucci-Borini
Donnarumma

Last edited:

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
You can't make this stuff up lolol. Can't wait to see what the clown show has in store for us tomorrow.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I get your point but I still think Bonucci is/was a necessary purchase to give the team credibility and character.

Our true fuck up purchases were RR, Hakan, Kalinic,and Biglia. If you ditched all of those and got Auba for the same cost, you would have brought Auba, Silva, Bonucci, Conti, Kessie and Musa.

Also we shouldn't have sold Kucka or Bacca. And we should've kept Deuolofeu.

We needed a LB after DES and RR was not really expansive and after all he is a good LB and solid as LWB and LCB, not a bad purchase.
Regista was a heavily requested position too, signing Badelj instead of Biglia would have been better.
Silva was actually quite unnecessary, a wc striker and Cutrone would have been fine.

I agree on your opinion about Bonucci and I´d add that it is the right strategy to build a team from the back.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Milan have received proposals through brokers from buyers interested in purchasing the club. However, Li Yonghong made it know that he has no intention of selling Milan [Corriere della Sera]

DQelZ6DWsAA11J-.jpg:small

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
RR is fuck up purchases? wtf people, i wonder what do you watch :fp::fp:

he's by far our best signing for fair price if you ask me, that type of player who do his job every game.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I get your point but I still think Bonucci is/was a necessary purchase to give the team credibility and character.

Our true fuck up purchases were RR, Hakan, Kalinic,and Biglia. If you ditched all of those and got Auba for the same cost, you would have brought Auba, Silva, Bonucci, Conti, Kessie and Musa.

Also we shouldn't have sold Kucka or Bacca. And we should've kept Deuolofeu.

RR was/is a must

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
The worst transfers so far look to be Kalinic and Hakan. Silva has a future imo and will eventually adjust. For Biglia I still have hope and suspect he has nagging injuries but he is by no means a transfer that worked well so far. Bonucci and Musacchio are okay, Kessie is good but dragged down by the rest, RR generally performed but lets up now and then - not a surprise when the whole team shits the bed. So mad Conti is out :(

The only guy vastly outperforming his pricetag is Borini :lol: #FioKnew

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
RR is fuck up purchases? wtf people, i wonder what do you watch :fp::fp:

he's by far our best signing for fair price if you ask me, that type of player who do his job every game.

He's a good if you play him properly as a LB. LWB not so much, doesn't really have the pace. As a LWB he also leaves gaps defensively when he gets forward.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Milan have received proposals through brokers from buyers interested in purchasing the club. However, Li Yonghong made it know that he has no intention of selling Milan [Corriere della Sera]

DQelZ6DWsAA11J-.jpg:small

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule