Alessandro Nesta Thread

far5had

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Diego Lopez
do we even have anyone close to his caliber and elegance in Serie A?

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
Oh, this is so sad :((

Btw: anyone who knows what is the name of that italian song in that video?

Annalisa Minetti - Senza Te O Con Te

Goldfinger68

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
maldini-nesta.jpg

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
the man. the inspiration. the boss. the leader. the absolute one and only.

Alessandro Nesta :proud:

no words can describe how this season has brought disappointments. There is none like him, with that reading of the play and all. I love Nesta. We love Nesta

fuck buying a Prince or Noce jersey next season. Nesta 13 it is

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you also follow Serie B? Did you get impressed by a talent or do you think that you have to look abroad to find a good full-back?

"I’m sorry to say it, but I think that Italian championship lost quality and this concern to both Serie A and B. So if you want good young players you have to ask abroad. Do you know what’s the problem? That Italian player mature after, while we get young men of 19-20 years old that played in good levels and that are ready. You see them immediately, they are smarter than their Italian contemporaries. It’s sad but that’s the truth."

smart man.

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
I don't think this Nesta interview has been posted here, its from "Forza Milan"
found it on tumblr, looks like it's from December 2011.

What’s your favorite championship?

I like Premiere League a lot for the atmosphere on the terraces, it’s nice to see stadiums full in every match. After that there’s Spain, I don’t miss a match of Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Don’t you think la Liga is a bit too much predictable, for the gap between those two and the rest of the teams?

Maybe it is, however it’s always a great show to watch those two teams playing. You rarely see masterstroke like that: we “insiders” watch matches also to improve, it isn’t never a waste of time. Personally, I don’t miss a match between Barcelona and Real Madrid also to try to understand the reasons of their success, since they’re on the top since such a long time. Especially the catalans.

Watch them from far away it’s funny, but close must be annoying… do you confirm that?

I can confirm it, since we played against them recently!

No wonder he can handle messi and ronaldo so easily.
:lol:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
has anyone performed better against Messi than this great man? and keep in mind that he is well-over his prime while Messi is close to reaching his epitome and pulled in pretty damn good displays against Milan all 4 times this season.

Yan Dao

La Bandiera
Reaction score
One of the classiest, most elegant defender to ever play the game. We are indeed deeply privileged to have him wear our colours for 10 years.

Grazie Alessandro Nesta!

*now let me weep in the corner*

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
Thank you, Nesta. One of the greatest defenders of all time..You will truly be missed...

Can't really imagine Milan next year...no Nesta, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Seedorf. Players that got a lot of us here to love and root for Milan.

I only hope we can find a new generation of players that can carry on in place of these great players.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
amidst all the sadness, this i did not understand. So he no longer feels important at milan? or does he foresee this happening? is it staff that makes him feel this way? or does he believe that he has become too old to be important in games? I feel that he still wants to play football and I'm happy for whatever decision he makes that makes him happy. many of us think of him as irreplacable. he is more than just important. Thank you Alessandro. No more could we have asked of you over the course of 10 years of a beautiful man playing the beautiful game in legendary fashion.

If you read it in the actual Italian, he talks about how he doesn't think that he can contribute at the highest level and play consistently, which is as much mental preparation as it is physical. He doesn't want his career to go the way of Inzaghi and wants to continue to play football, but at a lower level and at his own schedule.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
He should have accepted our offer. No need to go. :(

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I feel so sad...

Nobody can replace this man... ever.

It's.. just so hard to deal with.

I was too young to have this when Maldini left although it was painful... this.. has hit hard.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
My chest feels heavy... I cant breath.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
I understand it, I respect it but I still hate it. I was really hoping he'd stay for another season to help whip a new defender into shape. Irreplaceable and priceless he is! Grazie, Sandro.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
You know that lump in your throat when you are really sad...And it hurts so bad...

Yeah I've got that atm. I feel like crying. This man is the epitome of Class and professionalism. Nowadays you get stupid idiots that party all night and shout at their team mates.

What a player. What a man.

Forever I will love you Sandro

:(

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
somebody is going to pay for this in downtown this weekend :o

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Reports emerging that Nesta will sign a 2-year contract with the New York Red Bulls worth €1 million per season, excluding bonuses.

Nesta is expected to sign the 2-year deal with the New York Red Bulls before the 8th of June, which is when he will travel to New York.

------------

tbf, can't say he's going for the money, because that contract is probably a third of his current contract.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
tbf, can't say he's going for the money, because that contract is probably a third of his current contract.

lots of marketing opportunities for eye-tallians in ny/nj.

Lots of guidos

will they have a marquez/nesta backline :O. LOL, that could legitimately bar in UCL.

I was kind of expecting Del Piero to go to NY/NJ

anyway, finally nesta will be due to meet proper striker unlike messi, van persie etc. Golden Boot winner- Wondo!!!

Last edited:

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
Nesta is a once in a life time player. We won't see another player like him for some time. Such humility, class and talent... there is only one Nesta 13. :cry:

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
I keep remembering that moment at the start of Italy's first Euro 2000 match: one of the commentators said, "Alessandro Nesta, recently voted the sexiest man in Italian football." The camera panned up the back of a young man with lanky legs and skinny hips and I thought, "Eh, not bad." Then his face came into view with the beautiful bone structure and sinful mouth and I gave thanks for this proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. Not only did the boy look good but he played as though he'd been genetically engineered for the game. It seems like no time at all has passed. :cry:

Schedule