Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
woooooow @ the championship game

I didn't expect Silva to have so much trouble with Sonnen. All respect to Sonnen even if I don't like him, he really made it a war, something no one has done to Silva in the UFC. But sooner or later Silva will loose, he's 35 years old and probably not hungry as before.

Also Nelson impressed me with his heart, but Cigano is just to good. Future dream-fight: dos Santos vs Velasquez.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
carles-puyol-picture-12.jpg
clay_guida.jpg

:D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Dont compare the carpenter with that cunt.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
fedor is watching you :D

fedor-emelianenko-10.jpg

whaddaya think of fedor, perhaps the greatest mma fighter ever?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Fedor is one of my all time favourites... I was so sad when he lost against Werdum:(

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
One of the things that got me pissed off from Anderson is that he was leaving his hands down pretty much all the time. Why in the world would you keep ur face open to someone like Sonnen?

On foot he's probably the best - but on the ground he can beaten. That was clear from that match.

I've only seen Silva (before) from all the guys who fought yesterday - (he's the only name I've remembered. Sonnen from the highlights before the match looked badass - spoke a lot - and he actually did what he said he'll do. Respect for him.

I'm waiting to watch Lesnar - watched a few matches for him at UFC and he's a damn monster.

Anyone who watched UFC on regular terms - can he tell us when there are matches and such?

Since Sonnen spoke a lot, he's a jackass wether he won or lost. Badasses don't act like that.

Speaking that much Sonnen just proved to be an insecure guy trying to pressure his adversary by bitching.

And he said he would win but doesn't. He tried to humiliate Anderson thinking that the fight was already done and got fucked in his ass. Then after giving up, tried to stay in the fight. Bitch and cheater.

By the way, bad refeering at the end. That would happen if there were Big John McCarthy.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Since Sonnen spoke a lot, he's a jackass wether he won or lost. Badasses don't act like that.

Speaking that much Sonnen just proved to be an insecure guy trying to pressure his adversary by bitching.

And he said he would win but doesn't. He tried to humiliate Anderson thinking that the fight was already done and got fucked in his ass. Then after giving up, tried to stay in the fight. Bitch and cheater.

But you've got to admit, he's good @ trashtalking...

By the way, bad refeering at the end. That would happen if there were Big John McCarthy.

why:conf:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
But you've got to admit, he's good @ trashtalking...

why:conf:

The referee almost let the fight continues. What the fuck he thinks it is? Football?

You can't just ask to two mad guys kicking each other's ass to stop fighting. That's why Big John use to throw himself in the middle of the fight or to pull/push the fighters away very hard.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
The referee almost let the fight continues. What the fuck he thinks it is? Football?

You can't just ask to two mad guys kicking each other's ass to stop fighting. That's why Big John use to throw himself in the middle of the fight or to pull/push the fighters away very hard.

I see... Now I know what you mean.

I thought you meant it was an early stoppage, which it wasn't btw. Sonnen did a "brazilian tap" (where you tap once in hope that the referee will almost come between and you can escape without the fight stopped. I think it's something like that anyway).

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I see... Now I know what you mean.

I thought you meant it was an early stoppage, which it wasn't btw. Sonnen did a "brazilian tap" (where you tap once in hope that the referee will almost come between and you can escape without the fight stopped. I think it's something like that anyway).

Do you call it brazilian tap? Lol! I think that it only happened with a bad ending once and I think that the injured was brazilian. Maybe it was a fight between 2 brazilians but I don't quite remember.

And Sonnen tapped twice.

Big John even more important that Bruce Buffer. He had charisma and was a great professional. It's crazy to substitute him. And I don't even think that he was asking that much money to stay because I doubt that Strikerforce is paying better.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Do you call it brazilian tap? Lol! I think that it only happened with a bad ending once and I think that the injured was brazilian. Maybe it was a fight between 2 brazilians but I don't quite remember.

And Sonnen tapped twice.

Yeah it's a brazilian tap... 3:30

Also Sonnen tapped one and a half times according to them :cool:

Big John even more important that Bruce Buffer. He had charisma and was a great professional. It's crazy to substitute him. And I don't even think that he was asking that much money to stay because I doubt that Strikerforce is paying better.

Big John is a legend, my favourite referee too. Wonder why he doesn't work for UFC...

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Silva was lucky the first round didn't last 2 minutes longer,otherwise Sonnen would have most likely beat his ass.Also he clearly lost the 4 first rounds.

Got lucky,his getting old..next guy is probably gonna take his tittle.

Awesome match either way.

Last edited:

OneUnited

Reaction score
How did Sonnen not win that. What a sickening defeat.

Having seen Silva swat off Maia's multiple takedown attempts with ease, I had little confidence in Sonnen being able to implement such a game plan. Whilst Silva can be beaten on the ground, getting him down is an achievement in itself. How he managed to rock Anderson really surprised me. It clearly threw the great man off his stride. That's how you need to start a fight against him, otherwise he's content to stand off and size his opponents up; something else easier said than done.

The fans were audibly excited at the prospect of somebody managing what few still expect. For all of Sonnen's crap, he did what he said he would by taking it to Silva. I'd love to see them square off again.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mirko, Mirko...i hope he will be motivated or it will be some crap fight again, "i don't feel like fighting today" attitude..

Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic Takes Injured 'Big Nog's' Place Against Frank Mir

Shortly after breaking the news that Brazilian jiu-jitsu expert Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira has been forced to pull out of a scheduled bout with Frank Mir, FightersOnly.com has confirmed that Pride Fighting Championships 2006 Openweight Grand Prix winner Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic will step in for the injured Nogueira.

"Cro Cop" earned his legendary status during his tenure in Pride FC where he became famous for his devastating head kicks, which introduced many world class fighters to unconsciousness. After Pride FC was dissolved by Zuffa LLC (parent company of the UFC), "Cro Cop" entered into the UFC to test himself against its crop of heavyweight fighters. The results were less than stellar as he went 1-2 and was the victim of a vicious head kick-knockout himself when he took on Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 70. "Cro Cop" would depart from the UFC at that time to fight in smaller promotions (Dream and Dynamite!); he would earn a record of 2-0-0, 1 NC with the No Contest being the result of knees to the groin delivered by current Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem. Filipovic then reentered the UFC and has gone 3-1 since, with his only loss coming against current number two heavyweight contender Junior dos Santos at UFC 103. He is currently on a two-fight win streak with his most recent victory coming over Pat Barry; Filipovic submitted the young kickboxer via rear naked choke this past June at UFC 115.

According to Fighters Only's source, Nogueira's removal from the card is not the result of a recurrence with staph.

"Cro Cop" will face former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir in the main event of UFC 119, which is scheduled to go down this September 25th at the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana. The event will mark the UFC's first foray into Indiana.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Mirko, Mirko...i hope he will be motivated or it will be some crap fight again, "i don't feel like fighting today" attitude..

As much as I respect cro cop for his previous achievements, this will definitely be a crap fight. Cro cop is so finished.

How did Sonnen not win that. What a sickening defeat.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I read on another forum that Nogueira wanted the fight anyway despite his injury. And the UFC website still has Nog vs Mir as main event...

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I read on another forum that Nogueira wanted the fight anyway despite his injury. And the UFC website still has Nog vs Mir as main event...

Minotauro is an insane man and he needs help. Seriously.

He already fought injuried and was knocked down. Now he's trying to play the Mike Tyson and ignoring jiu-jitsu and it's not working that well.

Anyway, I'm his fan. Great fighter, very humble and badass although kinda crazy.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Did anyone see WEC 50? Awesome fights. I'm beginning to like that organisation more and more, almost never a boring fight.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Have anyone seen UFC 118? Awesome fights. Spoilers to follow...

Frankie EDGAR :O first fight against BJ was good, but this time he owned him. Really made BJ his bitch.

Couture vs Tooney was the freakshow I had expected.

Maia is a jiu jitsu god, like joe rogan said he threats black belts like blue belts.

Florian is one of my favs, I hate to see him loose like this.

OneUnited

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with all of that.

I've never seen Penn dominated like that at lightweight. Discounting the possibility that no advice could have countered Edgar's dominance, like Rogan said, what's wrong with Penn's corner? He didn't need geeing up, he needed technical advice. They were about as useful as a pricked rubber. Completely outclassed.

He was a picture of resignation at the end, as was Miranda. You wouldn't have thought that Miranda had his own black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Let's hope that Maynard doesn't bore his way to the lightweight title. It would seriously kill my enthusiasm for the sport if such a good performance by Edgar is overshadowed by Gray 'bullying' him. He shouldn't do.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
It was awesome to see "one of the best boxers the last 10 years" getting owned by Couture.

MMA >>>> Boxing

OneUnited

Reaction score
Toney's performance was a joke. So was billing the fight as boxing vs. MMA. Put any MMA fighter in the ring against an accomplished boxer in their weight class and watch him get taken apart.

As I have respect for how well-rounded many MMA fighters are, so do I for boxers in mastering their respective craft.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Of course, no MMA fighter would stand a chance against a Boxer, in boxing. But boxers doesn't seem to understand that the same thing applies the other way around as well...

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MB, do you have the link for the Damian's fight?

These days I saw a video of Lesnar hunting.

Seriously, if someday he dies, I'll laugh hard and loud.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players