The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboss1963

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Seeing the team from the outside, I did develop a theory as to why things went so wrong,” ex-Italy CT Prandelli told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Giampaolo loves a reasoned-out style of football that follows certain patterns, whereas all their players are instinctive and don’t follow tactics.

“It becomes difficult at that point to find some common ground. Having said all that, Giampaolo 100 per cent deserves his tag as a great Coach in Italian football, it’s just this squad didn’t suit his ideas.”

Anyone agree with this?

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Romagnoli got benched for Acerbi last time as well.

Wasn't that in a match where Italy had already secured their place in Euro, as well? I for sure know that Mancini played Romagnoli in the important qualifying matches, and not in those who are a walkover.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cesare Prandelli believes he knows why Milan failed under Marco Giampaolo. “All their players are instinctive and don’t follow tactics.”

The former Empoli and Sampdoria Coach was fired after just seven games, losing four of them, and replaced by Stefano Pioli.

“Seeing the team from the outside, I did develop a theory as to why things went so wrong,” ex-Italy CT Prandelli told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Giampaolo loves a reasoned-out style of football that follows certain patterns, whereas all their players are instinctive and don’t follow tactics.

“It becomes difficult at that point to find some common ground. Having said all that, Giampaolo 100 per cent deserves his tag as a great Coach in Italian football, it’s just this squad didn’t suit his ideas.”

He's not wrong.

Lol really? Italian coaches are so far up their own asses.

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great to see Pioli so involved with the squad, commanding and maintaining a team spirit.

Giampaolo probably stood and observed from the sidelines all the time, writing in his notebook.

I don't know about his tactical side compared to Giampaolo, but Pioli's persona is more perceived to the team.

From watching the training videos on the app it seemed Giampaolo let his assistants run training more and he would observe. I thought I read someplace as well that Giampaolo would break up the team into 2 groups.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't that in a match where Italy had already secured their place in Euro, as well? I for sure know that Mancini played Romagnoli in the important qualifying matches, and not in those who are a walkover.

Italy hasn't officially secured a place yet.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s wrong at all to see Milan has too many instinctual players who aren’t disciplined. I think Gattuso had them well drilled in some sense, but Giampaolo probably had a lot of good ideas that he couldn’t get out of a YOUNG team.

We need a manager who has a proven track record with young players, a charismatic guy, and who gets the players to buy into a clear identity. We need a style where every player enters the field and knows where to be, and then we will see the talent we know we have start to grow. See how klopp took a midtable Liverpool team and elevated them(some of his key players now were playing when Liverpool sucked as well). Obviously that’s a dream, but that basic idea of a manager, one who the team believes in and has a distinct style. We don’t need managers who tinker with the tactics week to week. That’s what teams full of veterans do, not upcoming young players.

Giampaolo probably had good ideas but if nobody buys into them then it’s useless

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Acerbi going to beat out Romagnoli for a starting spot again for Italy according to Sky.

Romagnoli is noway in a thousand years better than acerbi. Actually Acerbi - Bonucci is a much more balanced duo

What exactly does romagnoli have over acerbi? His slide tackles ? :lol: :fp: acerbi better in the air, better physically.

At hearing some here you would think alessio has the positioning sense of maldini and baresi combined... at 21 his positioning was impressive for his age but now? Meh.

Its also the clubs fault he hasnt developed to the maximum but fuck off with this fragile centerback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Wow (no homo)
They should cast him as the new Superman (no homo)

Stop with the no homo.

It's borderline offensive at this point.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli will start out playing Hakan, Suso, and Biglia because that’s the way Italians think. BUT what will hopefully distinguish him from the jackass GP is the recognition that all three of them suck at football. If he doesn’t recognize that and give the youths the chance, he will be gone by or before summer.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s wrong at all to see Milan has too many instinctual players who aren’t disciplined. I think Gattuso had them well drilled in some sense, but Giampaolo probably had a lot of good ideas that he couldn’t get out of a YOUNG team.

We need a manager who has a proven track record with young players, a charismatic guy, and who gets the players to buy into a clear identity. We need a style where every player enters the field and knows where to be, and then we will see the talent we know we have start to grow. See how klopp took a midtable Liverpool team and elevated them(some of his key players now were playing when Liverpool sucked as well). Obviously that’s a dream, but that basic idea of a manager, one who the team believes in and has a distinct style. We don’t need managers who tinker with the tactics week to week. That’s what teams full of veterans do, not upcoming young players.

Giampaolo probably had good ideas but if nobody buys into them then it’s useless

Well that’s good and well. But good ideas are dime a dozen, there’s posters on this forum with good ideas doesn’t mean they should be coaches. Implementing is key to all things and is what separates greats from dreamers.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I'm thinking the same also based on his press conference. Suso seems confirmed on the right, Pioli apparently is a big fan, and he'll use him in the same way Gattuso did.

).

giphy.gif

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
MilanNews-First training with the group for Caldara

Mattia Caldara is finally back in the group. The central defender worked with his team-mates under the orders of Stefano Pioli and his staff. His program is to be ready by the end of October to start making the first official minutes of this season in November.

Yeeeeees

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Rebić will start as RW for NT.

If only he can play there...

But fuck this shit, it will be Suzu all over again.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
We will hopefully see Roma-Caldara! Yes.

I hope Boban already talked to Pioli fodder and nre huys will play. Coz Im not watching those morons play.

Rebic starting for Croatia vs Hungary.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Romagnoli is noway in a thousand years better than acerbi. Actually Acerbi - Bonucci is a much more balanced duo

What exactly does romagnoli have over acerbi? His slide tackles ? :lol: :fp: acerbi better in the air, better physically.

At hearing some here you would think alessio has the positioning sense of maldini and baresi combined... at 21 his positioning was impressive for his age but now? Meh.

Its also the clubs fault he hasnt developed to the maximum but fuck off with this fragile centerback

I don't have time to check right now but I think you have not belittled Romagnoli this week. You are late, it is already Thursday evening...

There is a guy at Pordenone in Serie B called Pobega who seems to impress. He was mentioned by some journalists as a possible great player. Central midfielder with 3 goals and 2 assists in 6 games. Owned by Milan

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Rebic starting in Cro-Hungary. Hope at least Cro will play that beautifull football again

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wtf everybody and their moms are changing their avatar..

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
There is a guy at Pordenone in Serie B called Pobega who seems to impress. He was mentioned by some journalists as a possible great player. Central midfielder with 3 goals and 2 assists in 6 games. Owned by Milan

I was just about to mention him, too. He has really impressed in Serie B.

When you say that Pobega is owned by Milan, do you mean he's out on loan or is it a buy back clause? I'd certainly like to see him in the squad next year.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paqueta with lots of stories on instagram with Everton. These 2 seem to be close friends. Getting Everton would be such an upgrade in winter...

Everton - leao - suso (in form)

Omggg

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

Yes, you are right.

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Suso and OMG shouldnt be in the same sentence unless its OMG is that fuck Suso playing?

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Can't help to feel excited as fuck for Pioli now. Why am I like thisssss ffs

Same here.. I promised myself to take a break from this forum after they confirmed him. But here I am excited for the match against Lecce

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Roma is extremely overrated. He's a great CB but nowhere near WC.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Cesare Prandelli believes he knows why Milan failed under Marco Giampaolo. “All their players are instinctive and don’t follow tactics.”

The former Empoli and Sampdoria Coach was fired after just seven games, losing four of them, and replaced by Stefano Pioli.

“Seeing the team from the outside, I did develop a theory as to why things went so wrong,” ex-Italy CT Prandelli told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

He's not wrong.
You can't be a great if you never won anything
You can't be great if you can't impart your message on a group of players

In football Italy currently does mediocre so anytime they say great that equals average.... Sadly GP wasn't even that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule