Italian Football Thread III

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Sarri is a fraud.

Playing utterly terrible football.

Give Conte that team and he'd have won every match so far this season.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
It's really lame to see someone pretend to be juve fan when their entire motivation is hating on Conte and blowing off Sarri.

This tune would be completely opposite if the two teams exchanged coaches.

Stfu

faf5f1b1fe10f7d717688a019304d7fd.jpg

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

Yes, u agreed with a post that said juve dominance should end. Then went on to blow Sarri's Napoli.

Now you want juve dominance to continue because sarri is there.

Lol@searching hate and inter and quoting a post that makes my point.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes, u agreed with a post that said juve dominance should end. Then went on to blow Sarri's Napoli.

Now you want juve dominance to continue because sarri is there.

Lol@searching hate and inter and quoting a post that makes my point.

It was never a secret that I liked Sarri’s napoli you fcn weirdo.

The point is that I always disliked inter more than juve. Yet you are here trying to make it sound like I only dislike inter more because sarri joined juve, which has never been the case.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Lazio actually winning.

Didn't expect that tbh.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Goal says there were 6mins of extra time... was it really or were refs trying to help inter

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Goal says there were 6mins of extra time... was it really or were refs trying to help inter

just short of 5 minutes

it showed 3 in the beginning but immediately changed to 4
then 1 min added after Strakosha delayed the game because of a probably (but highly unlikely) injury

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Lazio 2-0.

Immobile to shatter Higuain's scoring record?

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
It really shows the state of modern football if Immobile is going to break a scoring record.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It really shows the state of modern football if Immobile is going to break a scoring record.

It just shows the ridiculous amount of PKs Lazio have been awarded.

He has scored 17 non-PK goals. That's still a lot, but very far away from Higuain's 33. He won't come close to it if he scores at the same rate.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
VARs ruining the game. Cancelled Zlatan goal was worse than Steve Harvey taking the award back from Miss Colombia.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What is Lazio doing right this season? I know consistency helps, but they've hardly spent any money last mercato.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
What is Lazio doing right this season? I know consistency helps, but they've hardly spent any money last mercato.

Compared to last season where they finished 8th and massively underperformed in the league, they squad has been a very united group this season. Simone Inzaghi has been managing them for 4 years now, so you'd probably assume their continuity would prevail sooner than later.

Two of their key players in Luis Alberto and Milinkovic-Savic, who both, for their relative standards, had below average seasons last term are repaying the fans by proving their true worth this season. Luis Alberto's position has been adjusted and he now drops deeper in midfield to be more involved in the build-up play. With this adjustment, their midfield of SMS, Leiva and L.Alberto runs like the finest of Swiss watches. While up top, Immobile is in the form of his life and is well on course to break Higuain's scoring record.

A lot of people (incl. me) have said they've been very lucky with penalties (by far most in Serie A with 13) but the underlying stats show they've been the team appearing most times in the opposition's box. They also whip a dozens of crosses into the box each game, so it's not a coincidence that they earn penalties in abundance like we won them with Balotelli's constant diving bombardment between 2013 and 2014.

Another factor is their myriad of injury-time winners, however at this point I don't want to label them lucky because you just don't score that amount of injury-time winners by chance. They play and have this fighting spirit until every & last second of the game.

In the transfer market, they've had a few under the radar moves, as they did when they brought in Manuel Lazzarri, an excellent wing-back for their system or Denis Vavro to fill the back-up role.

Although the league table from the last and the current season may indicate so, they haven't done *that much* different from last season - they stuck with their coach after a poor season, brought in only one starter & some few back-ups and have had a fair share of luck with penalties and late-winners, that again, I don't really want to consider lucky or touch upon the notion of 'lucky Lazio'.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
4 more Samp players and Vlahovic have tested positive.

Meanwhile, Serie A clubs have expectedly rejected the playoff idea.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
4 more Samp players and Vlahovic have tested positive.

Meanwhile, Serie A clubs have expectedly rejected the playoff idea.

Another three coronavirus cases in Serie A from Fiorentina: Patrick Cutrone, German Pezzella and physiotherapist Stefano Dainelli.

Hope they all keep well. Also, apparently Serie A want the league to continue in a couple months :lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Once the infection is under control, the league will probably resume. Hopefully in May.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Once the infection is under control, the league will probably resume. Hopefully in May.

If Euro 2020 is delayed til next year, which seems most likely and makes more sense, then yeah they can start the league again in May. Means there'll be a game midweek every second week though I'd image? A lot to squeeze in.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
based on the tempo and level of the coppa italia games I expect some shitty games in the coming weeks

at the same time the perfect opportunity to see some surprising results and changes in the table

Schedule