The Red & Black Forums - View Single Post - Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 14:53   #3884
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier_of_god View Post
how old was Lawler when Hughes did whatever he did to him. Hughes is so one dimensional.
Yea, if you look at it from today's angles. But at his time he was the best. Not only did they bring best of fighters of UFC, they even brought in Sakurai from Japan.

Quote:
Lawler at his best beats him comfortably by vicious ko.
First of all, that is just conjecture, there is no evidence to back up your claim that Lawler can "beat Hughes comfortably by vicious KO". Lawler always struggled against wrestlers, against Hendricks they kept it on the feet. Otherwise, only Ellenberger if you want to count him from when he returned is a wrestler, and most of Ellenberger's fights he win by KO/TKO.

This isn't MMA math. I am pointing out a specific set of skill set that I don't think Lawler is equipped to deal with. And even at his prime, I think Hughes can take Lawler down, he was way ahead of his time in terms of how good his wrestling is.

Any one can beat anyone by vicious KO if they catch them clean, saying that means absolutely nothing. Who has Robbie "viciously KOed" btw? Rory, he broke his nose, Ellenberger was knee and punches. No other KO/TKO. Unless you now want to count his "pre prime pre peak fodder version".

Edit: I forgot Bobbie Voelker, 0-4 in UFC, fighting in Shamrock FC now...definition of a can.

Quote:
Gsp is GOAT. In saying that Lawler poses serious issues for even a prime gsp at his WW peak level. Gsp probably wins. That's not my point. I just feel that Lawler at his best beats all of Gsp's opponents. Shields beat a pre prime pre peak fodder version that does not count and it was at MW. Shields lost to ellenvergrr by ko. Lawler butchered Jake's face. Gsp beat far too many undersized guys.
No, your original point is:

Quote:
doesn't matter if he doesn't have his resume. All I know is that Woodley would clean gsp's chin out if they ever fight.
You just chose to use Lawler as an example to discredit all of GSP's wins and add weight to your argument that Woodley easily beats GSP. I am going to agree to disagree on BOTH accounts here.

Quote:
Shields beat a pre prime pre peak fodder version that does not count and it was at MW. Shields lost to ellenvergrr by ko. Lawler butchered Jake's face. Gsp beat far too many undersized guys.
I was hoping using MMA math would show you how ridiculous your own argument is, but then i read the bolded part.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Signature

Last edited by Curupira; 11-10-2018 at 15:03.
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote