Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
kelvin is legit. love that kid. he is so talented but ffs get your act together and make weight u fool. You cannot waste that much talent. He has a legit title winning potential at welterweight and is possibly a top 6 - 8 middleweight too. He lit up tim kennedy so bad lmao. he beat the crap out of him.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Tad bit exaggerated but i do get your point, still no need to act like a sheep yes? And on the weight cut issues, he is going back up because as he said it "the cut almost killed him".

I am just pointing out that Pettis trying to cut weight and go to a lower weight class doesnt make him a pussy. Almost no fighter in UFC fights at their walking weight. Each of them tries to cut the maximum possible to ensure they have a size advantage when they fight. Pettis tried to do the same but he couldnt make it. Does it make him a pussy because he started off at 155?

And how many really good fighters have gone down weight classes because they couldnt take the class they initially started off with? Machida, Nate, Rashad(?)? Machida was a champion as well, right?

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
take tyron wooldey for example. that dude i swear is bigger than most middleweights. he is probably bigger than even weidman and rockhold. dude weighs 205 lbs off season. lean. he cuts down to 170. Probably juicing but then almost the entire roster in mma are on some kind of ped's anyway. Most top fighters do not fight at their actual weight. They always cut weight to have a strength advantage.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In Az's defense, Pettis has acted like a child anytime he wasn't given what he wanted in terms of title shots. Kind of glad he lost.

I was glad Matt Brown was KTFO, I personally think he talks too much as well.

It was a shame Badr Hari got injured, would like to see him and Rico again sometimes down the line.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Can connor beat tyron? What do you guys think? Tyron has like a 20-30 lbs weight advantage though. Similar reach. Connor has much better boxing and woodley is susceptible to getting lit up by very technical fighters. See rory fight for example. I am a big woodley fan but i think connor can give him a good fight. But he wont be able to take his overhand though.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can connor beat tyron? What do you guys think? Tyron has like a 20-30 lbs weight advantage though. Similar reach. But connor has much better boxing and woodley is susceptible to getting lit up by very technical fighters. See rory fight for example. I am a big woodley fan but i think connor can give him a good fight. But he wont be able to take his overhand though.

More interested in seeing him defending the LW title before this one. But for the sake of argument, Woodley has a lot better wrestling than Alvarez and even Diaz.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Never say never, but welterweight is too much.. come one :lol: he was about to die fighting a LW at WW

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Poor Paige.

At least Waterson is cute too

I just can't bring myself to give a fuck about WMMA. Is Ronda Rousey that big of a star over there? Feels like she and WMMA in general is being so hyped by MMA-media and UFC.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just can't bring myself to give a fuck about WMMA. Is Ronda Rousey that big of a star over there? Feels like she and WMMA in general is being so hyped by MMA-media and UFC.

I don't think people care about Ronda as much after she lost, sulked, and took some time off to duck Holly.

In general UFC is a hype machine.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I don't think people care about Ronda as much after she lost, sulked, and took some time off to duck Holly.

In general UFC is a hype machine.

It's not just UFC, or just about Ronda. It's MMA-media hyping WMMA in general.

I mean, I don't mind it, especially if a lot of people are interested. Just curious.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
It's not just UFC, or just about Ronda. It's MMA-media hyping WMMA in general.

I mean, I don't mind it, especially if a lot of people are interested. Just curious.

I can't watch the WMMA it's horrible, Joanna is good to watch though, even though nobody can touch her in that weight class. Should be separate tbh

Although they'll be more now with another weight class :fp:

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
There's probably some interest among fans, there must be. I can't watch it either, it's simply low quality fighting (Holms performance vs Ronda was great though), and they're so weak. I can barely watch flyweight.

I'm happy for the ladies though, and it's good that younger girls get to watch these girls make it to this level. Rather have them watching MMA fighters than the Kardashians.

And of course, UFC uses WMMA to help the sport get more accepted and more mainstream.

I don't care if them have more divisions, I don't have a problem with WMMA existing in UFC. I was just curious how much interest there is for it from the public.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's probably 50% like it, 50% don't. But yeah I agree it's good for the youngsters to watch instead of shit like the kardashians.

I'd just be pissed if i'm paying $60 for an event & have to sit through the women in the middle of the card. Some of the mens i'm not entirely interested in, let alone less talented females.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I'd just be pissed if i'm paying $60 for an event & have to sit through the women in the middle of the card. Some of the mens i'm not entirely interested in, let alone less talented females.

yeah i get it

but that's when you stop paying $60 for the events. if enough people do that then UFC will reconsider, but apparently people are buying the cards despite (or because?) of the women.

i honestly have not idea, i just know that i have close to zero interest.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There's probably some interest among fans, there must be. I can't watch it either, it's simply low quality fighting (Holms performance vs Ronda was great though), and they're so weak. I can barely watch flyweight.

I'm happy for the ladies though, and it's good that younger girls get to watch these girls make it to this level. Rather have them watching MMA fighters than the Kardashians.

And of course, UFC uses WMMA to help the sport get more accepted and more mainstream.

I don't care if them have more divisions, I don't have a problem with WMMA existing in UFC. I was just curious how much interest there is for it from the public.

This is true and my biggest problem with WMMA. Most of the women are really one-dimensional or painfully "average" (bad) at everything. The level of grappling displayed is really sloppy, other than maybe Ronda and a couple of top level fighters.

This is also how I feel about heavyweights outside of the top 5 as well. Guys like Ben Rothwell or Mark Hunt. I understand people are excited by their "style" but it is too one-dimensional for me.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Cain Velasquez ‏@cainmma
Was just cleared by Dr 30 mins ago and then he conferenced the Nevada Athletic Commision and spoke to them and recleared me with them.

Cain Velasquez ‏@cainmma
Haven't heard I'm out of #ufc207, as far as I know it's still on... @FabricioWerdum

I'm confused. Cain tweeted this 1h ago.

Dammit, the fight I wanted to see the most. :mad:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Official now, it's off buddy

200.gif

So basically only interesting fight is the one between Cruz and the other guy. I hope at least Nunes punches a hole through Ronda's face.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
200.gif

So basically only interesting fight is the one between Cruz and the other guy. I hope at least Nunes punches a hole through Ronda's face.

It's not that interesting I don't think, Cody wont get near Cruz.

I love Cruz, he is really intelligent, it shows when he speaks, strong mentally.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's not that interesting I don't think, Cody wont get near Cruz.

I love Cruz, he is really intelligent, it shows when he speaks, strong mentally.

Agreed...

Cody on the other hand...