Week 5: Milan - Roma 26/10/2020 20:45 CET

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
I've always hated it when someone yells "ref ruined the game" because it has never been true. It was always "losers trying to explain" and I felt that people should take their responsibilities but having said that, this shit was ruined the second he gave THAT penalty. No amount of compensation PKs can undo the chaos that ensued thereafter

If this game had ended 1-1 with only the first goals counting and with no other major error from the ref, I think we all would have accepted a draw without any problems.

Fucking ref...

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Pioli needs to seriously rotate for EL.
This XI is dead tired.

Only Pedro started their EL game, everyone else were rested ahead of this game.

We're at home too on Thursday so hopefully he does just that.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Actually it was clear that Ibra was offside and the replay even showed it but knowing this ref, he probably wouldn't have given it anyway.

I'm not talking about the offside one, there was another ball that was a jump ball, and Mancini used his hand on the ball, but the ref gave Ibra a yellow, for nothing.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Tatarusanu 3 Gave away Romas first goal, shaky all night long
Theo 4 Contributed most in the final 5-10min, winning corners. Poor defending, but ran a lot. Picked up a card.
Romagnoli 3.5 Crushed by Dzeko before the first equalizer, missed a sitter at the very end. Struggled and lost many duels.
Kjaer 6 Unlucky to hit the post, had to cover ground for the entire defense, incl. his partner.
Calabria 4.5 Most of Romas attacks came down his side, barely contributed going forward.
Kessie 6 Ran a lot and fought, solid ball distribution, kept things simple.
Bennacer 6.5 Much like Kessie, but also dictated the tempo.
Hakan 4 Reminded of the Hakan until covid break, poor performance
Saelemaekers 6 Scored a goal, screwed up several situations with bad choices. Ran a lot.
Leao 6.5 Set up two goals, picked up a YC. Hot and cold besides the assists.
Ibrahimovic 7 Scored the early goal, converted the PK, but also gave away Roma's 3rd goal. Had several penalty appeals, got booked. Opponent defenders struggled against the commander.

Krunic 5 Poor header at goal, ran his socks off but little to none effect.
Samu 5 Managed to get past his man down the RW only once, lacked self confidence.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I actually took the opposite message from this game.

As I said in an earlier post, inventing a penalty changes the dynamic and psychology of the game. We worked to get back up to 2-1. We were relatively comfortable, and then Giacomelli did his thing. I don't accept the balancing out argument with a shit decision the other way. By the time he gave the second fictional penalty, the game was chaotic.

But notwithstanding one of the most bizarre refereeing performances in recent memory, we took the lead thrice, and were pegged back by 2 defensive blunders/mistakes and a fabricated penalty. Yet, we still didn't lose and we didn't fold. And we could have won had our Ale possessed a trace of heading ability.

Giacomelli is a schmuck. I am going to be nice and not cast aspersions. I want to believe he is a moron.

The Scudetto talk is premature and fan-talk. We're on top of the table and unbeaten in 22. Rebic is about to come back. Donna is getting his COVID out of the way early, and our Norwegian assassin is just warming up.

It's okay to be optimistic you know. ;)

Thats football. You will have matches where you simply cant score and matches where refs decides the game like today. Or matches where everything goes your way (us against inter)
Roma were actually worse than I expected them to be and 3 points were right there to be won, even with the ref fckn over the teams psychology as you mentioned.

It was a 6pointer match and we failed. Reminded me of our banter era results.
But We move on to the next match.

A win against udinese and verona is a must.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Nah, the ref didn't do shit. It's all Pioli. Diaz would've contributed in a number of ways that would've changed the fate of this very predictable match

Diaz looks up to Zidane so would've headbutt the cunt in the chest and walked off the pitch.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Tatarusanu 3 Gave away Romas first goal, shaky all night long
Theo 4 Contributed most in the final 5-10min, winning corners. Poor defending, but ran a lot. Picked up a card.
Romagnoli 3.5 Crushed by Dzeko before the first equalizer, missed a sitter at the very end. Struggled and lost many duels.
Kjaer 6 Unlucky to hit the post, had to cover ground for the entire defense, incl. his partner.
Calabria 4.5 Most of Romas attacks came down his side, barely contributed going forward.
Kessie 6 Ran a lot and fought, solid ball distribution, kept things simple.
Bennacer 6.5 Much like Kessie, but also dictated the tempo.
Hakan 4 Reminded of the Hakan until covid break, poor performance
Saelemaekers 6 Scored a goal, screwed up several situations with bad choices. Ran a lot.
Leao 6.5 Set up two goals, picked up a YC. Hot and cold besides the assists.
Ibrahimovic 7 Scored the early goal, converted the PK, but also gave away Roma's 3rd goal. Had several penalty appeals, got booked. Opponent defenders struggled against the commander.

Krunic 5 Poor header at goal, ran his socks off but little to none effect.
Samu 5 Managed to get past his man down the RW only once, lacked self confidence.

Calabria won almost all the one on one duels. His defending was really good and he made a crucial tackle on Pedro when they had a dangerous counter late in the match.

Puzzled why Diaz wasn't brought on.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Summary:

- Shame we lost 2 points but tbh Roma was overall the better team.

- Tatarusanu? This is the Tata that I remember from Viola.

- Calabria? Motm? :fp::fp::lol::lol: Kept giving the ball away the whole second half and quite frankly he kept making wrong choices defensively.

- Kjaer? Just aquestion who lost his mark on Roma's third goal. Besides tht and some minor errors he was spot on.

- Romagnoli? He was bad to decent. Not something that it is expected from him. On the other hand he was thrown to the wolves due Gabbia's covid but we can't defend too much. Hopefully he gets his legs back for the next easy features.

- Theo? Same as Calabria, too many gifted passes to Roma players. He needs to be rested.

- Kessie/Bennacer? They are just getting better, aren't they.

- Sale-boy? He is a decent player who just became too important for us.

- Hakan? If we take into consideration that he is coming back from injury, he did great.

- Leao? What are we going to do with this lad. In one moment, he can change a game but most of the time he is just jogging around without a care. Does he help on defense? Somewhat but not what it is expected from a talented guy. Reminds me so much of Balo/Pato; all the talent in the world but they thought they just could walk around on the pitch and just produce a single moment of magic in 90 minutes.

- Ibra? As always, he will fight, he will show his pride of a great player.

Subs:

- Krunic? a scratch head of a sub but I guess Pioli went for experience.

- Samu? Even more of a waste of a sub but tbh we didn't have a more experienced player.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Calabria was good defensively but he gave away possession alot. i can count at least 4 times where he passed to a roma midfielder.
You could argue that players (hakan, saeles/samu) weren?t making themselves available for pass.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t remember a match in which both teams were nearly gassed by the 50th minute. This COVID season is going to be wild.

Disappointing results, but we are top of the table. I would seriously consider playing mostly backups midweek.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The thing is without VAR you knew you had a human referee/assistant subjected to human failures deciding dubious plays in a second. That was part of the whole thing.

You would get pissed when he got wrong against your team but in the long run you would have to admit many times they also got wrong in favor of your team (outside some off the charts atrocious decision like Muntari's goal against Juventus). And you would hope it would even things out and it probably did 95% of the time.

Now when the referee has 30 cameras working for him and still got things so wrong you can't but feel cheated.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
who the hell DIDNT give away possession this game is the question. EVERYONE misplaced passes. fucks suck people some of you dont deserve this milan

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I got an instant suspicion the moment I realized that Jokomelli will referee the match. What a total idiot.

But besides that narcissist idiot, I am somewhat happy with the attitude of the team besides some moments where we could have gone two goals up and killed the match.

I actually think this was one of the toughest matches we've faced in a while, Roma lined up in a tricky formation that limited the support from our full backs and denied our central minds from playing the ball forward. Luckily Ibrahimovic is a mammoth who wins most aerial duels and Pioli did well to advise Saele and Leao to cut inside in the second half.

I also get the sense that the team is feeling tired and with a busy schedule we will really need to rest some of our key players versus Sparta: Kessie, Kjaer, Theo, Hakan.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
Gigi missing this game can't be normal. This is one we win if Gigi plays.

All of a sudden one day before our game against the only potent attacking team in this leauge right after Juve fucks up big time?

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I want to give players evaluation

Tatarusanu - looked nervous and his lack of match time showed. I can imagine that he would look better if he can get more minutes.

Calabria - did well defensively especially in 1v1s and covering on crosses. Too bad that Saelemakers didn't support him early enough.

Kjaer - a good performance. Very focused as usual but as a unit the team did not defend very well.

Romagnoli - need to stop making unnecessary fouls and win his duels. He can be better but then again he has been out for a while.

Theo - got caught out of position and was unable to support the attack.

Bennacer - a good performance, he has amazing close control and first touch and can change direction so quickly. He also had to cover a lot of ground on the sides.

Kessie - a balanced performance, not bad nor great. Roma caused trouble in his area with overloads.

Calhanoglu - did okay and moved well for someone who was not supposed to play. He was very dangerous on set pieces and he did not lose the ball cheaply. I think Roma's formation suffocated him so he had more freedom when he moved to the side.

Leao - a very good performance, very creative and lively. There was one attack in the first half when it was 4v2 and he cut inside. He should have shot instead of passing it out to Theo.

Saelemakers - mixed performance, offensively he was good, defensively he was out of position and pressed in the wrong places.

Ibrahimovic - superb, it is amazing that someone his age can be so influential. He virtually bossed Roma's 3 defenders and won most of his duels.

Subs
Krunic - no where to be seen.. he really needs to stamp himself if he wants to play centrally

Castillejo - moves like a headless chicken, it feels like he is out of sync with the rest of the team.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Truth is guys after 5 games we are on top 2 points clear after playing Roma and inter. That's two top 6 teams so we are tracking well. A few people bash on Roma but imo he didn't make a mistake in defence. He moved the ball out as well.

We lost because our starting gk got covid. That's it. If he was in we win.

1 X goalie error.
1x shit ref.
1x kajer/ibra error.

Ibra and Kajer were our best other than the of gsme

Some of you guys make it complicated.

Roma should of scored but then again we should not have conceded two so.

Reaction score
Ibra is so great

He changed the mentality of not only Milan players, but also Milan fans.

Now Milan fans are so disappointed with draw result against Roma.
Last year, we would have been happy with this result :lol::lol:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Calabria was good defensively but he gave away possession alot. i can count at least 4 times where he passed to a roma midfielder.
You could argue that players (hakan, saeles/samu) weren?t making themselves available for pass.
Lol. Sometimes I don't understand the expectations in this forum. You expect calabria to have 100% passing accuracy? How is that fair on him or any player for that matter?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Actually it was clear that Ibra was offside and the replay even showed it but knowing this ref, he probably wouldn't have given it anyway.

No, Samaldinho is talking about the 1st handball - that one Ibra was onside. Defender went up high misjudged it and it hit his hand - straight yellow to Ibra for "reasons"

The 2nd handball was the one where Ibra was offside and VAR caught.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Ibra is so great

He changed the mentality of not only Milan players, but also Milan fans.

Now Milan fans are so disappointed with draw result against Roma.
Last year, we would have been happy with this result :lol::lol:

Yes, I like seeing this hunger.

The players of both teams were very tired. We need to rest most of the players this Thursday. Pioli only used 2 subs today

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Krunic is not a sub for Kessie. I really don't get it by Maldini didnt see it. Should have gotten Bakayoko. Should have sold Krunic. He is not a DM. Why you put Krunic as AM and Hakan as LW. OMG.... does Pioli know that Hakan can only play as Lw.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Should have sold Krunic. He is not a DM.

They tried, but the 8m bid from Freiburg never arrived.

Krunic is fine as the 4th midfielder, and defensive impact sub for the AMs.
The problem is Tonali, who looks nowhere near ready to substitute for Kessie or Bennacer.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Emotions side, this is a good result.
Should have won if Donna was playing.

We are not an elite squad yet that can win despite multiple fuckups.
Kudos to Ibra for completely turning around the mentality of this team.

There's no other 39 years old player who can have such impact. Legend.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I actually took the opposite message from this game.

As I said in an earlier post, inventing a penalty changes the dynamic and psychology of the game. We worked to get back up to 2-1. We were relatively comfortable, and then Giacomelli did his thing. I don't accept the balancing out argument with a shit decision the other way. By the time he gave the second fictional penalty, the game was chaotic.

But notwithstanding one of the most bizarre refereeing performances in recent memory, we took the lead thrice, and were pegged back by 2 defensive blunders/mistakes and a fabricated penalty. Yet, we still didn't lose and we didn't fold. And we could have won had our Ale possessed a trace of heading ability.

Giacomelli is a schmuck. I am going to be nice and not cast aspersions. I want to believe he is a moron.

The Scudetto talk is premature and fan-talk. We're on top of the table and unbeaten in 22. Rebic is about to come back. Donna is getting his COVID out of the way early, and our Norwegian assassin is just warming up.

It's okay to be optimistic you know. ;)

:thumbsup:

Didn't lose sleep over yesterdays game. We go onwards!

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Summary:

- Shame we lost 2 points but tbh Roma was overall the better team.

- Tatarusanu? This is the Tata that I remember from Viola.

- Calabria? Motm? :fp::fp::lol::lol: Kept giving the ball away the whole second half and quite frankly he kept making wrong choices defensively.

- Kjaer? Just aquestion who lost his mark on Roma's third goal. Besides tht and some minor errors he was spot on.

- Romagnoli? He was bad to decent. Not something that it is expected from him. On the other hand he was thrown to the wolves due Gabbia's covid but we can't defend too much. Hopefully he gets his legs back for the next easy features.

- Theo? Same as Calabria, too many gifted passes to Roma players. He needs to be rested.

- Kessie/Bennacer? They are just getting better, aren't they.

- Sale-boy? He is a decent player who just became too important for us.

- Hakan? If we take into consideration that he is coming back from injury, he did great.

- Leao? What are we going to do with this lad. In one moment, he can change a game but most of the time he is just jogging around without a care. Does he help on defense? Somewhat but not what it is expected from a talented guy. Reminds me so much of Balo/Pato; all the talent in the world but they thought they just could walk around on the pitch and just produce a single moment of magic in 90 minutes.

- Ibra? As always, he will fight, he will show his pride of a great player.

Subs:

- Krunic? a scratch head of a sub but I guess Pioli went for experience.

- Samu? Even more of a waste of a sub but tbh we didn't have a more experienced player.

Always appreciate your summarys :thumbsup:

Meriano

Primavera
Reaction score
Hi everyone, let me display my opinion please, We are still lacking, player whose can add the technic, we we are in dire need of good playmakers, neither Hakan - Sealamakers even Leao (despite his 2 assist) can fullfil can meet our needs, I hope DIAZ & HAUGE can lead our attacks and supplying IBRAHIMOVIC, but they need full trust out of the Mister, and time.

TACTIC : I'm not found of the 2 midfielder tactics, I think 3 would be the best, with KESSIE - TONALI - BENNACER,
The season is still long,
PIOLI : Always entering SAMU & KRUNIC at 70 minutes, may be he planned to do this changement before the game has started, but normally any the Coach gotta adapt the changement with the match's physiognamie, instead of chosisng the same changement at each match

What do you think?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hi everyone, let me display my opinion please, We are still lacking, player whose can add the technic, we we are in dire need of good playmakers, neither Hakan - Sealamakers even Leao (despite his 2 assist) can fullfil can meet our needs, I hope DIAZ & HAUGE can lead our attacks and supplying IBRAHIMOVIC, but they need full trust out of the Mister, and time.

TACTIC : I'm not found of the 2 midfielder tactics, I think 3 would be the best, with KESSIE - TONALI - BENNACER,
The season is still long,
PIOLI : Always entering SAMU & KRUNIC at 70 minutes, may be he planned to do this changement before the game has started, but normally any the Coach gotta adapt the changement with the match's physiognamie, instead of chosisng the same changement at each match

What do you think?

I think we trust Hakan and continue with Kessie and Bennacer.